Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010.08.09 Transcript of Jose Baez & Robin Lunceford Released

2010.08.09 Transcript of Jose Baez & Robin Lunceford Released

Baez's Jail Conversation With Inmate Released

READ TRANSCRIPT: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24568689/detail.html
    My posts are my opinion only. Praying for Justice for Caylee Marie!
    The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding Mr. Baez.
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

After my first glance at the transcripts, I can't see why JB was so upset and was fighting the release.

The conversation from RL's alleges a lot of prison official and state attorney corruption.
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

I just finished reading the transcripts and I am scratching my head now. JB sounded like his usual er, ah, um, self - have no clue why he didn't want this released!
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Macushla For This Useful Post:

Ohh but he got his drama, didn't he?

Very [interesting] man indeed.

moo

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drip~drop For This Useful Post:

This nut thinks she went to law school. Blackstone is some crummy online paralegal course from what I can tell.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
    I just finished reading the transcripts and I am scratching my head now. JB sounded like his usual er, ah, um, self - have no clue why he didn't want this released!
    There has to be another/other phone calls. That is the only way I can explain his "over" reaction.

Uhm...And just what was the big deal again? I don't see anything that should have made JB get so upset about these being released. Unless there are more calls with some actual juicy stuff on them, these 2 calls were very disappointing. jmo

It Was Ancient Aliens!

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:

First thoughts, Baez danm well wanted this released, it's part of a grander plan and I wonder what all the redacted stuff is...

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    First thoughts, Baez danm well wanted this released, it's part of a grander plan and I wonder what all the redacted stuff is...
    I wonder what the redaction is too! I'm thinking it may be the names of Maya & R. Adams mothers because they were referenced. I wonder if MuzikMan can get the non-redacted version?

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chefmom View Post
    Uhm...And just what was the big deal again? I don't see anything that should have made JB get so upset about these being released. Unless there are more calls with some actual juicy stuff on them, these 2 calls were very disappointing. jmo
    Maybe he didn't like the stuff about JB having a personal relationship with casey? That that is the prison gossip? Maybe he doesn't want it made public because it shows this woman is kind of strange, maybe not too credible? Seems this is all about her and her own case. I don't know.
    But has anyone taken what Maya said seriously anyhow? is that even part of the case in chief?
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Jose said that he was going to visit with her at the prison. Do we know if he did this? Could the tapes of these visits be requested, or would they qualify as attorney visits, even though Jose is not her attorney?

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to steadychick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Maybe he didn't like the stuff about JB having a personal relationship with casey? That that is the prison gossip? Maybe he doesn't want it made public because it shows this woman is kind of strange, maybe not too credible? Seems this is all about her and her own case. I don't know.
    But has anyone taken what Maya said seriously anyhow? is that even part of the case in chief?
    I don't give any credence to any of these people. I do, however, to the decomp in the trunk, no reporting of a missing child, and all the lies, lies, lies. No matter what web they weave to try to free KC, the evidence will win out in the end. JMO

It Was Ancient Aliens!

23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:

Notice on Page 2, the boxes that are checked off, I wonder who's safety would be jeopardized?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

Did you all read the part where Jose Baez says "..and there's nothing better to do than just come out and tell the truth. If everyone would just do that it would save me a lot.."

Yeah lets start with your client first!

Quote Originally Posted by nums24 View Post
    Baez's Jail Conversation With Inmate Released

READ TRANSCRIPT: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24568689/detail.html
    Thank you Nums24

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    This nut thinks she went to law school. Blackstone is some crummy online paralegal course from what I can tell.
    I'm learning a lot about prison life... that one finds God and becomes a lawyer in prison.

I also learned don't get yer girlfriend angry...
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

Nums24, weren't you, Sleutherontheside and Faefrost having a very recent conversation about the likelihood of a third call taped and Baez not sure if it was included?
    Just two or so days ago?
    There is kinda nothing on these transcripts that I can see even close to Baez's usual poor form.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

I don't think Maya knows anything - I would be surprised if she talked to KC. I listened to most of her phone calls home today (that rhornsby) posted and she mentions Casey a few times to her dad but doesn't really make it seem like she really knows KC or even talked to her.

In the phone calls home her mother sounds weary and exhausted and both her parents repeat over and over for her to not mess up, to mind her business and to stay away from others. I actually feel bad for them.

Is there a thread for Maya's phonecalls?

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MaraSleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Nums24, weren't you, Sleutherontheside and Faefrost having a very recent conversation about the likelihood of a third call taped and Baez not sure if it was included?
    Just two or so days ago?
    There is kinda nothing on these transcripts that I can see even close to Baez's usual poor form.
    Yes, AZLawyer and many others discussed this on the motion thread. This transcript confirms that there has to be other calls.

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    I have no idea what JB was so worried about....much ado about nothing. imo
    The part I don't like is when this Maya supposedly said the detective was filling in the blanks for her and wanted "proof". Which detective was it that visited Maya?
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whiteangora For This Useful Post:

I love the part where he mentions that the new judge, the Chief Judge, won't allow any of this nonsense...YET HE WENT IN FRONT OF HHJP WITH NONSENSE ABOUT THESE PHONE CALLS! *facepalm*

And she even tells him that "these phones are recorded"! Baez is the most moronic lawyer EVER. These calls were yawn worthy!

The only thing of interest to me is that he asked her who would hold Maya's letters, and she said it was Maya's mother - so he's worried that the state would think he was trying to get those letters and maybe hide them? That's the only thing I could see, if Baez is paranoid enough at this time, that would get him thinking he might get into trouble for those letters (were they the ones already released, btw?).

39. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mara232 View Post
    I don't think Maya knows anything - I would be surprised if she talked to KC. I listened to most of her phone calls home today (that rhornsby) posted and she mentions Casey a few times to her dad but doesn't really make it seem like she really knows KC or even talked to her.

In the phone calls home her mother sounds weary and exhausted and both her parents repeat over and over for her to not mess up, to mind her business and to stay away from others. I actually feel bad for them.

Is there a thread for Maya's phonecalls?
    Here they are:

Thread #1:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5034839&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Robyn Adams, Benhaida, and Derkovic -The Jail Calls INCLUDED #2[/ame]

Thread #2:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5033071&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Robyn Adams, Benhaida, and Derkovic Jail Calls[/ame]

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

Well JB certainly made a mountain out of that particular mole hill.

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marspiter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Just two or so days ago?
    I definitely suspect there's a third call (or more) that (as JB said) did NOT include the "this call may be recorded" warning, because RL successfully circumvented the jail telephone rules. These calls might actually include JB's thoughts about Casey's case ("work product"), as JB claimed in his motion. Then, when the SA told JB they had tapes of phone calls between him and RL, he thought, "Oh carp! Those calls were recorded after all!" and fired off his motion before firing up his brain.

IMO the blacked-out stuff probably relates to alleged wrongdoing on the part of jail staff or prisoners that is still under investigation--or suggested methods of circumventing jail procedures that the jail does not want to become general knowledge.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast