2010.08.09 Transcript of Jose Baez & Robin Lunceford Released

One more thing I just thought of, and this could mean nothing but when she accuses JB of the relationship he doesn't say anything like that's not true or that's ridiculous. It may just be he was writing notes and didn't want to interrupt her, but I did notice that. JMO

Does anyone know if NG or JVM discussed that particular part of the call?

It's been obvious to me and many others from "day 31" that there was more than an attorney client relationship between those two. I'm betting THAT was the REAL reason JB did not want any of this out. It was blatanly obvious on that rainy day when KC was bailed out the first time what was really going on. Maybe is over now but it was "on" at the beginning. JMO

I think it important to point out that while there is speculation that "there must be another call" based upon the seemingly insignificant exchange we have read....that we don't know that for sure.

What I can say is that our SAO has been rather brilliant in getting to the bottom of things and well before anyone suspects that they "know anything".

Perhaps...........JB showed his cards aka concerns a wee bit early??? Or perhaps there is significance to these calls that we are not privy to quite yet. I guess time will tell.

It's been obvious to me and many others from "day 31" that there was more than an attorney client relationship between those two. I'm betting THAT was the REAL reason JB did not want any of this out. It was blatanly obvious on that rainy day when KC was bailed out the first time what was really going on. Maybe is over now but it was "on" at the beginning. JMO

You mean because of the bizarre 8 hour days she was allowed to spend at his office - at least some of which was spent organizing Caylee memorabilia to exchange for blood money?

There was a statement Robin made on the first call. She is telling the secretary about the 'real story' Maya told her>

"The REAL (my bold) story that she told me what the girl told her is nothing that any of you have, that she hasn't even told because I've never seen it on the news".

Basically Robin is saying that KC told Maya a completely different 'real story' that KC obviously has not told anyone else. Now if I were JB I most certainly would not want this little bit of info to get out - if it's true, that is.

However, since JB did not hear this conversation, only the secretary, he may not have heard what she said. However, the secretary did say she was taking notes.

In the call between RL and JB she does tell him that Maya said that JB and KC had a 'personal relationship' - I can see JB not wanting that little tidbit to ever see the light of day!

Those are the only two things I could find that might make JB try to get the conversations sealed.

On that 'personal relationship' comment- if JB thinks it was ever a secret he's deluded as well as stupid.

I'm learning a lot about prison life... that one finds God and becomes a lawyer in prison. :angel:

I also learned don't get yer girlfriend angry...

Frankly, that was about ALL there was to get from this transcript. ;)

It's okay with me that this bombed. I'm spent and still cross-referencing the DC emails. lol

On that 'personal relationship' comment- if JB thinks it was ever a secret he's deluded as well as stupid.

ITA. When I read it I felt this was his reason to keep the call private.
I have never seen body contact that obvious between a client and the attorney before.

I reread the paragraph and I think I had the 'gist of it' right. Let me quote the whole thing and perhaps we can figure out exactly what RL is saying: Italics are mine to emphasize.

"Okay, bottom line, it's a lie. I can polygraph that I sit with her when she made up the story. The real story that she told me what the girl told her is nothing that any of you have, that she hasn't even told because I've never seen it on the news. She's never said a word because she doesn't think anyone would believe her, and Maya just made this whole thing up.

I think RL is saying that KC told Maya a 'real story' that is not out there yet, so to speak. what I am having a problem with is the last sentence - how she never said a word because she doesn't think anyone would believe her - is RL talking about Maya or KC in that sentence.

Would love to get other peoples perspective on this statement. Are the last few words the key - Maya just made this whole thing up - or is RL saying Maya made some stuff up because no one would believe what KC really told her?

My thought process went straight to; Casey told Maya the "real story" {or some version of her normal lies, etc}, that no one has ever heard out in the public yet.

The big - "Ah-ha" moment/story.
The one that is so out there, that it will be at best unbelievable, but finally, the trueth.

So "ah-ha", that Maya decided for her best interest, that she had to make up something entirely differant??

I think it important to point out that while there is speculation that "there must be another call" based upon the seemingly insignificant exchange we have read....that we don't know that for sure.

What I can say is that our SAO has been rather brilliant in getting to the bottom of things and well before anyone suspects that they "know anything".

Perhaps...........JB showed his cards aka concerns a wee bit early??? Or perhaps there is significance to these calls that we are not privy to quite yet. I guess time will tell.

So this phone call with RL was in May. JB was fully aware of what KC had written about her father and Lee in those jailhouse letters because they were released. Could it be that JB is a little nervous that KC may have said something that would certainly get him disbarred if it ever came out? Such as what they were doing during the time she spent with him. KC is a liar and I would not believe anything she would tell someone but I could see JB squirming and wanting to get ahold of any letters we have not as yet seen. jmo

So this phone call with RL was in May. JB was fully aware of what KC had written about her father and Lee in those jailhouse letters because they were released. Could it be that JB is a little nervous that KC may have said something that would certainly get him disbarred if it ever came out? Such as what they were doing during the time she spent with him. KC is a liar and I would not believe anything she would tell someone but I could see JB squirming and wanting to get ahold of any letters we have not as yet seen. jmo

I can't close my eyes to possibilities.....but IMO........JB has just never seemed to be that worried about the public perception of an alleged "inappropriate relationship".

He has used terms like "my girl", referenced the odd public interest in her bra orders, and classifed her jail letters as the musings of an inmate with limited interaction and 23 hours of isolation.

The defense MO seems to have followed the handbook on creating smoke and mirrors to distract from the real news. More than assuming he "really" had anything to worry about.....I tend to lean toward the thought that fight against the jail calls may have been more about the doc dump of the emails. Perhaps he jumped the gun and the expected timing of the release of the emails was miscalculated.

In all honesty.....if they were to happen simultaneously, which topics would curious folks jump on first? At this point, approaching from an objective / blank slate perspective........the ONLY thing I even consider of interest to him in those transcripts....are the names of the investigators. IMO a large part of this case will be focused on trying to discredit them, their efforts, and to paint them as "unwilling to explore all options" and "hyperfocused on KC".

Maybe he didnt want "that" strategy to be obvious. He has already accused the SA of "prosecutorial misconduct"......Andrea has tried to portray them as discriminatory against KC based upon her being an attractive female.

IMO.....the investigators that are on the updated and shortened "Bee line bus route" are those that perhaps the defense didn't want "tipped off".

JMO

I am beginning to agree, I think JB didn't want more evidence of his hypocrisy to come to light.

Which makes me wonder what that filing against M NeJames was REALLY all about today.

Baez doesn't have any standings to file such a motion {IMO}.
He doesn't represent George and Cindy.

And, as far as NeJames looking around to shop a book, wouldn't he still be bound by client/attorney privledges til the sun burns out???

Everytime Baez does something, it's for a reason to deflect, deny and disrupt something that is coming down the road, again, IMO.

I can't close my eyes to possibilities.....but IMO........JB has just never seemed to be that worried about the public perception of an alleged "inappropriate relationship".

He has used terms like "my girl", referenced the odd public interest in her bra orders, and classifed her jail letters as the musings of an inmate with limited interaction and 23 hours of isolation.

The defense MO seems to have followed the handbook on creating smoke and mirrors to distract from the real news. More than assuming he "really" had anything to worry about.....I tend to lean toward the thought that fight against the jail calls may have been more about the doc dump of the emails. Perhaps he jumped the gun and the expected timing of the release of the emails was miscalculated.

In all honesty.....if they were to happen simultaneously, which topics would curious folks jump on first? At this point, approaching from an objective / blank slate perspective........the ONLY thing I even consider of interest to him in those transcripts....are the names of the investigators. IMO a large part of this case will be focused on trying to discredit them, their efforts, and to paint them as "unwilling to explore all options" and "hyperfocused on KC".

Maybe he didnt want "that" strategy to be obvious. He has already accused the SA of "prosecutorial misconduct"......Andrea has tried to portray them as discriminatory against KC based upon her being an attractive female.

IMO.....the investigators that are on the updated and shortened "Bee line bus route" are those that perhaps the defense didn't want "tipped off".

JMO
bbm
This is the point I was trying to convey in my earlier posts, you said it much better tho. ty

What if KC told her little pen pals that the abuse allegations about her father and Lee were just garbage, but she was going to write them down so they would be documented and because her lawyer is using them for mitigation purposes? If RL told JB that KC admitted to lying about that to her jail buddies, wouldn't it be counterproductive to the bus KC and Company are trying to roll over her family? I'd think that would be something he wouldn't be eager to be in the public. I wonder if we ever get the other call transcripts.

Which makes me wonder what that filing against M NeJames was REALLY all about today.

And, as far as NeJames looking around to shop a book, wouldn't he still be bound by client/attorney privledges til the sun burns out???

Every time Baez does something, it's for a reason to deflect, deny and disrupt something that is coming down the road, again, IMO.

BBM......
An attorney is free to write a book about what "they" experienced during their representation of a client. Facts that are protected under "work product, or that are directly linked to confidential information gained during the representation" are OFF LIMITS.

BUT, an attorney is not prohibited from penning a book about "their own personal experience" relating to the case. Given the very liberal Sunshine Laws.......there is seemingly a small amount of info that would be considered "not allowed".

Any attorney in this case is legally able to write about their own experience from THEIR perspective and how it related to THEM. Beyond that is dangerous territory.

I suspect that JB remains worried about what has not been released. His argument against Nejame based upon rumors of a book deal should be at the bottom of the priority list...unless of course one of his own priorities is to preserve his marketability for a possible a book.

In the letters to KC...Cindy even mentioned Nejame writing a book. I suspect everyone is up in arms because they want to be first.

That is just my opinion. I could really care less who writes a book and when. I limit my interest to seeing a clean trial and justice being served.

I just wasted 15 minutes of my life that I will never get back.
Did anyone notice this was scripted? the first version to the secretary is the EXACT same words, except were she adds her two cents about the affair. This was SO scripted

Should I really believe that the detectives told Maya that they need her help because they want to give Casey the death penalty but don't have any evidence against her? Really? Would they say that?

ugh, 5am, gotta get ready for work. You know, the real world.

Everytime Baez does something, it's for a reason to deflect, deny and disrupt something that is coming down the road, again, IMO.

O/T but if JB did write a tell all book even though he's KC's attorney would he be punished beyond being disbarred? He's gotta know that's coming someday and it would be worth the approx. $2 million he might be offered for such a book. JMO I'm assuming that a lot of the stuff he may have done illegally has a statute of limitation on them.

I just wasted 15 minutes of my life that I will never get back.
Did anyone notice this was scripted? the first version to the secretary is the EXACT same words, except were she adds her two cents about the affair. This was SO scripted

It wasn't scripted well. I put this in an earlier post;

Her story changes. In the first version she leaves out Maya asking her about what she could get out of lying. In the second version she includes it. Also in the first version Maya had already contacted the SAO and in the second version they sit down and make up the story and then a month goes by. In the second story the prosecutors made the story up for her. In the first story Maya talks to the SA on the phone. In the second they come out to the prison to meet Maya. - That's not helpful.

If the inmate didn't ask JB to represent her was it not technically a violation of bar ethics for him to talk and ask her questions without speaking to her legal representative first? It would seem that he would have to stop her and tell her I want to hear what you have to say, but I must first get permission to speak with you via your attorney.

SHE called him. She forfeited her rights to remain silent on this issue by initiating the call. Just because JB is an attorney doesn't mean he needs permission to speak to someone who calls him. I believe they were both within their rights, she by calling, he by accepting that call. Of course, her action may have ticked off her attorney, but since she's already incarcerated because of her conviction, well, I think everything is hunky-dory. :cow:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. R.L. The person trying to do the right thing in this case. The person that was sat down running through 5 different scenarios with Maya of what "LIES" to make up about KC. As far as I am concerned she is no different to Maya. The only difference being is she decided to "tell the truth to Baez" (strangely enough she didn't consult her laywer before doing this - although he is the biggest and best Laywer in Miami) and isnt it strange that she has a hearing coming up soon.

As for the sentence at the begining of the tape about Maya knowing the real story. I'm sorry, but do you really think KC would actually say anything about this to other inmates. No way at all. She will tell no one, ever. I imagine she uses people in prison just as she would her friends and anyone else she can get something from. She probably needed to feel wanted and liked hence the letters.

With regards to the statements made regarding police and prison inspectors, I would disregard these comments completely. It looks like this to me :

Light bulb goes on in Inmates head
What a good idea to make up a lie about the KC Anthony murder case.
I may get to leave prison earl for tesitifying.
Doesnt work.
Inmate gets more prison time.
Is not happy. Annoyed. Looking for someone to blame (apart from themselves)
Turn this around on the police. Blame then saying they told me to say this and that.

Yawnnn.

Of course there is the .001% chance I may be mistaken about this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back