1589 users online (346 members and 1243 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The evidence failed Caylee, not the Jury.

I do not think this Jury took this decision lightly and i do not care who dropped out of school, who has a dui, who does what, when, where or how. They were chosen to take on the ultimate burden in this case and i am grateful that they sacrificed weeks of their lives to do so.

They saw all this evidence (including photos of her remains) and had it repeated to them a mind numbing amount of times. I don't believe 12 people came in with their minds already made up to her being not guilty. In fact i am sure some think she did do something but you can't find someone Guilty of 'something'.

They looked at what the Prosecution was offering and sadly for many, it turns out there just wasn't enough evidence. JA saying Caylee was taped three times and demonstrating how does not give a murder weapon. Hoping she used Chloroform does not prove she did. Presenting computer searches as evidence of premeditation and then having that stomped on before the jury does not prove premeditation.

The Prosecution did what they could with what they had but in the end it wasn't enough.
    Last edited by grandmaj; 07-06-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: removed comments about other posters. NO comments about other posters

ITA
    And I remember that George said long long ago "You cant tie KC to anything"
    And the jury had nothing to work with. Many things were not let in...that was the judges call.
    I think the most she would have gotten - had the judge let other evidence in would have been
    a case of NEGLIGENCE not murder.
    Also IMHO the state could have done a better job.
    I think they thought that JB was a ding bat and he used that to his advantage.
    Brilliant closing JB.

CAYLEE was tossed by her family is what brakes my heart.
    If she drowned and ended up in a ditch, no stranger did that.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

I am personally tired of this argument, stated as fact. It is not a fact that there wasn't enough evidence. Hundreds, thousands of people watched the same evidence and felt there was enough to convict her. So no, it isn't a fact that the evidence failed. Common sense failed. Caylee's justice was in the hands of these 12 people and they did not deliver. Absolutely people are going to be upset with them, and for good reason. I understand that some people believe the evidence isn't there. But conversely, some people believe it is, and that's where the frustration lies.

Disagree.

Jury fail.

The evidence was there and if they didn't understand the technical jargon then common sense was all they needed.

The constant demonizing of the jury is outrageous; the state overcharged this case and subsequently failed its burden of proof.

The state did a fantastic job, the evidence was overwhelming and they did prove their case beyond a REASONABLE doubt....

I know what happened to Caylee and it wasn't an accidental drowning. I know there was chloroform in that trunk and duct tape on Caylee's nose and mouth. I know how Caylee's body was transported to the swamp. I know who dumped her like garabge and when the car stunk so bad Casey dumped that too. If the jurors couldn't figure that out...they're a bunch of <modsnip>. imo
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 07-06-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: name calling

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I completely disagree! The jury took the accidental drowning theory and ran with it.

Anyone with common sense would know that ALL the evidence needed to be evaluated. They allowed a murderer to come into court and continue lying to the world and to them just as she did to LE.

They never asked to see or watch anything over again! Nothing, nodda! They took this theory and decided that they wanted to go home as soon as possible.

Caylee was imaginary to them as well. Just like with the man that Casey claimed to be her Father, Caylee should have been placed on that board in front of them as well...without a face...only a skull with duct tape around it's nose and mouth.
    Justice For Caylee Marie

I disagree. 31 days is more than enough evidence and there was much more. Jury failed to use common sense. In addition they did not give the deliberation process the time Caylee deserved. The verdict came in too quickly for due process.
    Just my opinion.

I think you all give ICA far too much credit for being able to outsmart the entire legal system.

I couldn't disagree more with the title of this thread.

The jury did not take notes, bring their notebooks, and did not request to see the evidence. When I was on jury duty, I took pages of notes, as did EVERY OTHER PERSON on the jury. We deliberated for a day, looked at the evidence, drew pictures, figured out with diagrams. We started out saying he was guilty, and wanted to make sure. We ended up sending him to prison for life, but due to lack of evidence, we did not charge him for theft of firearm as there was a lack of evidence. My point is, we did not know this was a life in prison case, it was not mentioned to us, but we took it very seriously. This jury did not take many notes, did not bring notebooks, did not request to see the evidence and did not request office supplies during deliberation. This suggests to me that they were not serious, not basing this on anything other than emotion. I am sorry, but anyone who cannot have the personal ambition to finish high school in this day and age does not belong on a jury, especially a jury that deals with high tech scientific data. Would you want these people judging you based on their actions?

Quote Originally Posted by ehough22 View Post
    I am personally tired of this argument, stated as fact. It is not a fact that there wasn't enough evidence. Hundreds, thousands of people watched the same evidence and felt there was enough to convict her. So no, it isn't a fact that the evidence failed. Common sense failed. Caylee's justice was in the hands of these 12 people and they did not deliver. Absolutely people are going to be upset with them, and for good reason. I understand that some people believe the evidence isn't there. But conversely, some people believe it is, and that's where the frustration lies.

200% ITA. Wise words. Bolded by me.

Quote Originally Posted by justanother View Post
    I think you all give ICA far too much credit for being able to outsmart the entire legal system.
    I don't give her credit at all.

Her lies outsmarted 12 jurors. Just as her lies outsmarted her parents.
    Neither of which have a lick of common sense.
    Justice For Caylee Marie

I agree with the verdict. In fact I applaud this jury for being able to leave out their emotion, <modsnip>.

Also, the state attorney said at the press conference yesterday that ALL the evidence was put before this jury, <modsnip>.
    Last edited by Salem; 07-06-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: you state your opinion without attacking others

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast