MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us/police-say-mike-brown-was-killed-after-struggle-for-gun.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?253372-Police-shooting-of-unarmed-teenager-Michael-Brown-St-Louis&p=10861113&posted=1#post10861113

Thread #1

:modstop:

A couple of things:

1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

Police bowed to public pressure Friday and named Darren Wilson as the officer who shot to death unarmed teenager Michael Brown, and they released a report that said Brown was being sought in connection with a robbery minutes before the fatal encounter.

At a brief appearance, during which he took no questions from reporters, Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson described Wilson as a six-year veteran of the Police Department with no prior disciplinary problems.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-fergsuon-shooting-police-name-20140815-story.html

Officials in St. Louis County and the tense town of Ferguson, Mo., remain mum nearly three days after an unidentified police officer shot an unarmed black teenager to death. But a young man who says he was with the victim at the time of the shooting has described a virtually unprovoked attack in which the officer fired repeatedly — even after the victim raised his hands and begged him to stop shooting.
http://time.com/3104128/michael-brown-ferguson-cop-shooting-protests/

Listening to the people at the press conference, all the want is to know they are being treated fairly.

They are sad and upset. They were lied to.
I would be dang upset too.

Listening to the people at the press conference, all the want is to know they are being treated fairly.

They are sad and upset. They were lied to.
I would be dang upset too.

What were they lied to about?

Yesterday the police chief lied about the officers name. Not telling the truth is LYING.

You mean he gave a different name???

He was asked if the officers name was Darrin and said NO. He lied.

There is no excuse for the way he handled this. The handling of it is the biggest Cluster cluck ever.

Had the truth been told day 1, This would not have been what it was. Yes, People still would be upset but it looks even worse now.

Source was Don Lemon this morning.. I will see if I can find a link or video of the report.

Really? No sympathy? He paid the ultimate price. He's dead.

The officer on the other hand, still has his life. And pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know how I raised mine?
I raised him to not steal. I raised him to obey laws.
I taught him how to follow basic directions, especially when given by a law enforcement officer, after all...the officer has a gun.

I taught him to be respectful when dealing with police and if he was doing nothing wrong, he'd have nothing to worry about. He knows his legal rights.

Yeah, it's a shame this teen paid with his life for his own stupid and criminal mistakes.

Maybe ...just maybe parents in that community should use this case as an example of the worst thing that can happen when you behave like a thief and can't follow basic direction of those in authority.

All IMO

Yesterday the police chief lied about the officers name. Not telling the truth is LYING.

Do you have a link to the police chief lying?

What I heard yesterday that someone not connected to LE let another person's name out as the officer involved and the police chief said this was not the officer and that person didn't even work for LE anywhere in that country or whatever.

tia
fran

IMHO, police cannot always come straight out with "all of the information" right at the beginning. If they did come right out and say that he performed a strong-armed robbery right before this incident, and then they reviewed the surveillance tape and found that it was not the same person, they would have egg on their face and they would be accused of conspiracy. Sometimes, investigations just take a little bit of time. They cannot and should not throw everything out to the public immediately. JMHO

Well actually they COULD have made the EXACT same statement days ago! The Police Chief(?) was careful at the presser to say "there was an incident, we will release the tape" without EVER STATING that MB was on that tape.

They could have done that days ago even if they weren't sure.

He was asked if the officers name was Darrin and said NO. He lied.

There is no excuse for the way he handled this. The handling of it is the biggest Cluster cluck ever.

Had the truth been told day 1, This would not have been what it was. Yes, People still would be upset but it looks even worse now.

Source was Don Lemon this morning.. I will see if I can find a link or video of the report.

I heard someone ask if the name was "Brian" That's no lie.IMO

Do you have a link to the police chief lying?

What I heard yesterday that someone not connected to LE let another person's name out as the officer involved and the police chief said this was not the officer and that person didn't even work for LE anywhere in that country or whatever.

tia
fran

Looking now. It was a live report this morning on CNN. I am looking for video.

will get back with link.

Ah..well, I guess he could have answered better, like, "We have not decided if we will be releasing the Officer's name".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear