IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

Two bodies found along a northern Indiana stream are those of two teenage girls who went missing Mondayand their deaths are being investigated as homicides, authorities said on Wednesday.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said autopsies performed Wednesday determined that the bodies are those of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, both of Delphi.

Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon along Deer Creek near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Police said the girls bodies were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where they were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

ISP page dedicated to the investigation

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriffs Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

<broken link>

Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #50
Thread #51
Thread #52
Thread #53
Thread #54
Thread #55
Thread #56
Thread #57
Thread #58
Thread #59
Thread #60
Thread #61
Thread #62
Thread #63
Thread #64
Thread #65

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread
Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with the latest grayhuze crime flow video

grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

1) There are no named POIs or suspects in this case.

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

2) IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

3) Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Most recent UPDATES

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

attachment.php

Delphi tip line leads to dozens of unrelated arrests

Last edited by a moderator:
Sexual assault likely the motive, imo. Planned but not specific to these girls, just was out "looking". Maybe even checking out the area for a future attack but happened on the girls. Jmo

Sexual assault likely the motive, imo. Planned but not specific to these girls, just was out "looking". Maybe even checking out the area for a future attack but happened on the girls. Jmo

Imo taking on 2 girls at once wasn't a whim. It was either a planned meet up as a catfish or he was specifically targeting and hunting. It's quite an unpredictable situation with 2 teens.

This is my exact feeling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiressleuth View Post
I am not talking about "the trail" but the empty private properties at the secluded south end in the direction this guy was heading.

WADR what is the evidence for an "organised" murder, as you have said, as opposed to a "random" or drug induced one? Where does your "100%" statement originate? My "evidence" is the similar murder of young Skyla and Taylor who were shot multiple times by a guy who thought they were "monsters". He was only discovered when he shot his GF some years later.

AJMO

there is no evidence they went off the trail and on to anyone's private property. the fact that the perpetrator had a gun or weapon makes this an organized crime, also that the bodies were likely moved away from the crime scene. MOO

True friends stab you in the front.
Oscar Wilde

I am not talking about "the trail" but the empty private properties at the secluded south end in the direction this guy was heading.

WADR what is the evidence for an "organised" murder, as you have said, as opposed to a "random" or drug induced one? Where does your "100%" statement originate? My "evidence" is the similar murder of young Skyla and Taylor who were shot multiple times by a guy who thought they were "monsters". He was only discovered when he shot his GF some years later.

AJMO

there is no evidence they went off the trail and on to anyone's private property. the fact that the perpetrator had a gun or weapon makes this an organized crime, also that the bodies were likely moved away from the crime scene. MOO

Oscar Wilde

JMO...

The Monon High Bridge is private property. It is owned by the railroad and is not part of the trail system. Therefore, Abby and Libby and everyone else who has been on it were technically trespassing.

The girls were found on RL's private property. Whether they were forced to walk there or were left there is unknown at this time (not verified by LE).

I think Shire was alluding to someone cooking meth on one of the private properties, possibly one owned by snowbirds, as opposed to on the trail system itself. (I still think people on the trail would have smelled it if someone had been.)

JMO.

I don't think anyone is saying Girls went off the trail I think Shire sleuth is perhaps suggesting the person was on his way to or from somewhere for clandestine reasons. Wherever and whatever reason that may be is currently anyone's best guess and personal opinion only. Every and any scenario needs exploring including your own.

Many thanks for the posts
KR
Reacher

AJMO

Oscar Wilde

With respect I don't think anyone is saying Girls went off the trail I think Shiresleuth is perhaps suggesting the person was on his way to or from somewhere for clandestine reasons. Wherever and whatever reason that may be is currently anyone's best guess and personal opinion only. Every and any scenario needs exploring including your own.

KR
Reacher

Imo taking on 2 girls at once wasn't a whim. It was either a planned meet up as a catfish or he was specifically targeting and hunting. It's quite an unpredictable situation with 2 teens.

It is unpredictable, certainly. It decreases his control of the situation. There are so many downsides to trying to control two victims at once that it keeps me wondering if this is not one killer but two working together.

However, a killer who specifically hunts two victims at once is not unheard of. There is the serial killer Gerard John Schaefer. He was a Florida sheriff's deputy who was stripped of his badge for kidnapping two hitchhikers. (These victims were able to get away, but after he posted bail he went on to abduct and kill at least one more, probably 2 pairs of women.) His MO was perhaps not dissimilar to what we know of the Delphi killer. On 3 separate occasions, he brought his victims in pairs to wooded areas to torture and kill them.

AJMO

Oscar Wilde

I did respond just as the thread closed.The bridge itself is private property as is the creek, and the land at the end of the bridge where BG was video'd by L. The GH video on page 1 worked out L was off the bridge when taking the video. DTH was private property and from there to the private drive, residence across to the CS was all private property so I don't follow your comment in red.

You say "the fact he had a gun or weapon" etc. Where is that fact confirmed or stated by LE or anyone? That is just spec on what we think we can see in the jacket and has not been confirmed. We do know for sure they were on private property because of the photos and sadly too because of the audio and the CS.

I've been researching the area and I've found that many people travel to Delphi from other areas for the purposes gold prospecting. There is some videos of people prospecting from the creek beneath the bridge. I'm not sure what other reason someone (from out of town) would have for being on the trail, there's nothing else special about it AFAIK, right?

With respect I don't think anyone is saying Girls went off the trail I think Shiresleuth is perhaps suggesting the person was on his way to or from somewhere for clandestine reasons. Wherever and whatever reason that may be is currently anyone's best guess and personal opinion only. Every and any scenario needs exploring including your own.

KR
Reacher
Yes Reacher, that is what I was getting at. BG with his portable pot meth kit in his jacket, off to cook some gear maybe. Gets mad someone takes his pic . I have also answered the private property issues similar to RIP Meagan & Johnny response also.

I did respond just as the thread closed.The bridge itself is private property as is the creek, and the land at the end of the bridge where BG was video'd by L. The GH video on page 1 worked out L was off the bridge when taking the video. DTH was private property and from there to the private drive, residence across to the CS was all private property so I don't follow your comment in red.

You say "the fact he had a gun or weapon" etc. Where is that fact confirmed or stated by LE or anyone? That is just spec on what we think we can see in the jacket and has not been confirmed. We do know for sure they were on private property because of the photos and sadly too because of the audio and the CS.

From the maps I was looking at the land just off the bridge on the other side is actually park land, and there are plans of creating a path there. And the road below is also public--I may be slightly off but I think it's 675 N. It takes you to a private residence, but the road itself is public.

But once you cross 675, and where the girls were found is private, and private land is all through that area.

Personally, I think if this is to do with drugs it's a damn sight more than a pot head on a high with paranoid tendencies and a meth kit. He/s are cold killers and as you say perhaps didn't like being seen net alone photographed and recorded by two teenage girls on a day out. I am still airing on the side of the Girls seeing something or someone they shouldn't have done which led to their murder and subsequently their silence. Except for the mobile phone. MOO

Yes Reacher, that is what I was getting at. BG with his portable pot meth kit in his jacket, off to cook some gear maybe. Gets mad someone takes his pic. I have also answered the private property issues similar to RIP Meagan & Johnny response also.

Can anyone who is putting forward the meth lab theory point to an arrest in the vicinity of the trail? Anything that actually links meth to those trails? Anything at all.

I know where this theory got its start, but where is there any tangible evidence that there is a problem with labs near to that trail?

This is really one of the weirder theories put forward. The abduction-by-car theory has more legs.

Gracie

I don't think anyone is putting forward a meth lab, I think they are probably putting forward drug deals two very different things.

KR Reacher

Personally, I think if this is to do with drugs it's a damn sight more than a pot head on a high with paranoid tendencies and a meth kit. He/s are cold killers and as you say perhaps didn't like being seen net alone photographed and recorded by two teenage girls on a day out. I am still airing on the side of the Girls seeing something or someone they shouldn't have done which led to their murder and subsequently their silence. Except for the mobile phone. MOO
<modsnip>

Anyone have any thoughts on my idea of a house sitter/ snow remover/(similar role) staying the winter at or frequenting the Snowbirds' Place or someone squatting on their property may have noticed the girls and became interested ... ? Did the Snowbirds know him but think he couldn't possibly commit such a heinous act so are not forthcoming? Maybe a family member or friend of theirs? Or someone who was staying with RL? Or who RL gave a ride to?? Something along these lines seems likely to me.

Can anyone who is putting forward the meth lab theory point to an arrest in the vicinity of the trail? Anything that actually links meth to those trails? Anything at all.

I know where this theory got its start, but where is there any tangible evidence that there is a problem with labs near to that trail?

This is really one of the weirder theories put forward. The abduction-by-car theory has more legs.

It's a theory based on meth users being unpredictable, dangerous and not to be approached (see your link) Its based on him having stuff in his jacket similar to tubing as well as a bumbag, a rucksack, gun possibly, heading seemingly to a secluded and empty property/outbuilding. Its a theory that is JMO.

Additionally, the trail entrance on the Mears property was closed partly due to comings and goings at all times of the day and night IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500