GA - Sunday Blombergh, 28, Tifton, 22 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
moz-screenshot.png
2dlqbsz.jpg
2dlqbsz.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112721198763582&v=wall&ref=search

This is only 20 miles (Tifton) and 33 miles (Lenox) from Ocilla where Tara Grinstead went missing in 2005.

An address I found on one of those links that is suppose to be where she lived on Briarwood in Lenox is also a property for sale. Advertised on Trulia. Three acres, it looked like a mobile home on Google Earth. Very remote area.

Loved ones held candlelight vigils in Tallahassee and Tifton, Ga., for Sunday Blombergh, who has been missing since April 22.

They gathered Saturday at Lake Ella for the Tallahassee vigil. Earlier in the day, family members, friends and others searched for her in Tifton, where she was last seen.

"We're just hoping for the best at this point," said Reign Blombergh, Sunday's father, at the vigil. "I don't want to think she's not alive. I just can't go there."

A group of about 25 people gathered at the park's gazebo and lit candles in silence for about 30 minutes.

Supporters approached the family before leaving, offering hugs and words of encouragement.

Lorena Jones hugged Reign Blombergh and said, "I know what's like to have a loved one to go missing. I wouldn't wish it on anyone to have to go through something like this."

More at link ...
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...d-two-vigils-for-woman-missing-since-April-22

I have some questions, if anyone knows the answers, maybe it could tell us more.

Why did Sunday move to Tifton? It seems to be a remote location for someone without a car.

Where was Sunday working and how did she get to work?

Was the money Sunday had saved to buy a car found? Was it in a bank? or ???

Had Sunday actually packed her things yet?

More questions, why was Ruby, Sunday Blombergh's mother-in-law, coming to Tifton?
It appears to be about 2 hours from Tallahassee to Tifton. Did she regularly visit Sunday? If Sunday's sister was already coming to move her back to Florida, why wouldn't Ruby wait a day? What was the relationship between Sunday, her estranged husband, and Ruby? Who had physical custody of Sunday's daughter?

AND

Who was Sunday's roommate in Tifton? What does this person say?

So many questions unanswered and LE almost seem to be looking the other way. jmo
Media doesn't seem interested around Georgia, either...

I'd like to see the answers to your questions too FHC. IIRC I think it was said SB was living with Ruby in Tifton. I believe she (Ruby) owns or works at a florist there. I'll go back and see if that's correct.

So did Sunday come to Tifton from Texas? It would be nice to get some details about Sunday's life prior to her going missing.

Someone on the Nancy Grace Facebook page is saying Sunday is the 2nd young woman who's disappeared in this area in the past few weeks?

Per DWI case # 173187 in TX - her DOB is 1/25/82
Sunday Eliz. Blombergh

Click on this link at the brazoria-county.com, type in her last name and you will see her husband's full legal name. Last name same as mother-in-law Ruby's middle name.(Ruby DOB FEB 1965)
http://records.brazoria-county.com/JudicialSearch/CivilSearch/civfrmd.asp

Looks like the divorce process was never followed through.
'Dismissed for want of prosecution''

definition:

A case may be dismissed for want of prosecution (DWOP)on failure of any party seeking affirmative relief to appear for any hearing or trial, or failing to take certain specified actions of which the party had notice. Once signed, the DWOP dismissal order has the effect of closing the case. It constitutes a final order disposing of all claims. The dismissal for want of prosecution is without prejudice, meaning that the case can be refiled and res judicata will not be a viable defense.

He lives in Tallahassee, looks to be a native of that town.
Tifton, GA to Tallahassee is approx 89 miles. Pretty much a straight shot on Hwy 319.

The father of Sunday's baby is Theo Wayne Conoly, age 30. Sunday and Theo were married on 04/11/03. Theo lives in Tallahassee, FL. Here is his myspace profile link.

http://www.myspace.com/theotard

Here is a myspace profile for the mother-in-law of Sunday Blombergh. Her name is Ruby Conoly Evans (aka Grandma Ruby) and she lives in Tifton, Georgia (Tift County).

http://www.myspace.com/rubyevans1

Bringing forward.

Sunday had been living at 49 Briarwood Lane, Lenox, GA.
I think I made a mistake in saying she was living with Gma Ruby, still trying to verify.
There is one RSO living on Briarwood.

Sunday was planning to move to Tallahassee, Fla the day she disappeared ....not much else here: http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003316.html
Again, wonder WHY she wanted her friend to pretend to be her boyfriend. Also, wonder who might not want Sunday to leave. Sunday was, most likely, taking her daughter with her. Who didn't want one or both of them to go?

Sunday was leaving her daughter with her Grandmother so she could finish the school year. Good question, who did not want her to leave?

Maybe someone didn't want Sunday moving back to Tallahassee...Who might be threatened by Sunday returning?

Knox and fhc, hopefully the post below will help answer some of your questions. Sunday and her daughter were living with Sunday's mother-in-law, Ruby Conoly Evans. I wonder if Sunday had access to one of the delivery vehicles for the floral business, Our Flower & Gift Gallery, that is located at 115 E. Third St. in Tifton, GA. In one of the pictures posted at Ruby's myspace site, her son Theo (Sunday's husband) is leaning against a vehicle with the above business information printed on the side panel.

May 3, 2010
Search continues for missing woman

Angie Thompson/Senior Reporter CNHI

TIFTON — Family and friends of a missing Tift County woman continued their search for her last weekend with the help of people on horseback.

“I hate to say this, but all day from sun up to sun down we are checking woods,” said Sunshine Blombergh, a sister of missing 27-year-old Sunday Blombergh.

Sunday disappeared from her Tift County home on April 22. She and her young school-aged daughter was living with Sunday’s mother-in-law, Ruby Evans, in a home on Briarwood Lane in southern Tift County.

Sunshine Blombergh of Tallahassee, Fla., said Monday afternoon that friends, relatives and interested residents from the area, including some from Tallahassee, rode on horseback trying to find any trace of Sunday. Both Sunshine and another sister, Promise Blombergh of Miami, said that Sunday would not leave her young daughter so long without letting someone know and would never decline to answer her cell phone if one of her sisters called.

Sunshine Blombergh said the family wants the public to know that Sunday is not in any kind of legal trouble.

“If someone is hiding information to protect her, that’s not the situation,” she said. “She hasn’t done anything wrong. We are trying to find her because something is wrong. If anyone has any information, please come forward with it.”

Blombergh said that she and a brother were to meet with a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent at the Tift County Sheriff’s Office on Monday afternoon. She and others continue to hope for the best for their sister as they continue searching for her near the house where she lived.

“It’s been a hard week,” Blombergh said. “I don’t know the area and we are just driving. If we see woods, we get out and search.”

She asked that landowners in that area search their properties for possible clues to Sunday’s disappearance.

“All I know to do is look and be out there searching,” she said. “We are also on the streets at night talking to people and driving around and searching.”

It is believed that the last time Sunday was seen was at the home of Ruby Evans on the morning of April 22. Sunshine Blombergh told The Tifton Gazette last week that she was scheduled to pick up her sister at the home and plans were that Sunday would get a job in Tallahassee, visit her daughter here until school was out for summer break and then move the daughter to Tallahassee with her.

Sunday Blombergh is approximately 5 feet and 7 inches tall and weighs about 125 pounds. She has long brown hair and hazel eyes.

The family has created a website at www.findsunday.com and are hoping to raise enough money to erect a billboard about their sister’s disappearance and to hire a private investigator. There is also information about the disappearance posted on Sunday Blombergh’s Facebook page online.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Tift County Sheriff’s Office at 229-388-6020 or the GBI at 229-777-2080.

http://tiftongazette.com/homepage/x1271729110/Search-continues-for-missing-woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member