GA - Sunday Blombergh, 28, Tifton, 22 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search continues for Tift County woman

Authorities search Fletcher Road area for signs of Sunday Blombergh

Angie Thompson/Senior Reporter CNHI

TIFTON — Volunteers with Tift Area Rescue searched a creek off Fletcher Road Thursday for signs of a missing Tifton woman as a Georgia State Patrol helicopter also searched from the air for Sunday Blombergh, who disappeared from her southern Tift County residence April 22.

Nothing was found, which didn’t disappoint a GBI agent involved in the case.

“Hopefully it ends up the other way,” said Mark Pro, assistant special agent in charge at the GBI’s Sylvester office.

Pro said late Thursday that no specific tip led to the search and that law enforcement agents are searching areas that Blombergh frequented before her disappearance.

“We are trying to look at any kind of place Sunday might have been,” said Pro.

Pro said no suspects have been identified in the case.

“We are just trying to locate her,” Pro said. “It’s a missing person case and that’s how we are working it.”

Pro said that many people have been interviewed by law enforcement agents involved in the case, including family members and others who had contact with Blombergh since she moved to the Tifton area.

Bobby Bennett, who is a Tifton firefighter and volunteers with Tift Area Rescue, said he and other volunteers — including fellow firefighters, paramedics and officers with the Tifton Police Department and the Tift County Sheriff’s Office — boarded a small boat at the creek off Fletcher Road and searched the shallow water. The search ended at the wastewater treatment plant, he said.

Bennett said Tift County Sheriff Gary Vowell asked for the team’s assistance in the search.

Pro urged anyone with any information in the case to call the tip line at 388-6033; the GBI, Sylvester, office at 777-2080; or the TCSO at 388-6020.

http://tiftongazette.com/local/x892950261/Search-continues-for-Tift-County-woman

Interesting...someone signed into Sunday's myspace account on May 5th! When I looked at the account last week, it had not been signed into since the middle of April.

http://www.myspace.com/sundayizzy

Sunday
Sunday Blombergh
u can say im a dreamer,but im not the only one

Female
101 years old
LAKE JACKSON, Texas
United States

Last Login: 5/5/2010
Mood: frisky
View My: Pics | Videos | Playlists | Gifts

Honestly, I would think that her computer (duh) or any computer she used or accounts she had were being looked at closely.

I was hoping for news on Sunday today, but it looks like all news has come to a halt. I do have a couple of questions. Has she stayed with her ex-MIL the entire time she has been in Tifton? and did she have a job and if so where did she work?

TIA for anyone who can answer.

Trying to get Sunday back on front page...she is way down on page 2 :(

You know what kills me? In cases like this, when it's "if anyone has any information..." Yeah, yeah I got some information for you..like, why don't the cops DO THEIR JOB??? If they treated this like what it was from the beginning, they may still not know exactly what happened, but they'd have some things to eliminate, some real evidence to explore...and GBI yeah that's great, NOW. Are they down their working in shifts?

Sorry really bitter about how absurd it is around here (S GA N FL)

So much injustice for the missing/ murdered..

And now...this. Arghhh

I hope you get justice Sunday.

prayers for your little girl and all who love you

JustPeachy the following article states that Sunday had recently lost a job in Tifton, GA and was moving to Tallahassee, FL in hopes of a better job market and to be closer to family.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=72644

Ga. Mother Disappears From Home

On April 22, 2010, Sunday Blombergh was supposed to travel to Tallahassee, Fla., where her family lives.

Sunday's sister planned to pick her up at 3 p.m. from her home in a rural area of Tift County, Ga., but Sunday never answered her cell phone.

Her family says she spoke with a friend around noon, but no one has seen her or talked to her since.

The 28-year-old mother lived with her 7-year-old daughter and her mother-in-law, according to her family. Promise Blombergh said she doesn't believe that her fun-spirited, outgoing sister would ever leave on her own -- especially without her daughter.

"She loves her daughter to death," Promise said. "She would do anything for her daughter, and her daughter was left behind."

Sunday had recently lost her job in Tifton, Ga., and was looking for work when she decided to move home to Tallahassee. Her family said she hoped the job market would be better there, and she also wanted to be close to them.

But Sunday never made it.

Now the Tift County Sheriff's Office, her family and volunteers are scouring the county and its surrounding areas for any sign of Sunday. Her family said searches have also taken place in Tallahassee.

Even strangers have offered to help in the search, her brother-in-law, Cesar Lacayo said.

Many attended a candlelight vigil for Sunday on May 1, 2010 at Lake Ella in Tallahassee.

If you know anything about Sunday's whereabouts or her disappearance, call our Hotline at 1-800-CRIME-TV.

The location has changed!

In case any of you folks are nearby, please attend:

Date: Saturday, May 15, 2010
Time: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Street: 144 Virginia Avenue South
City/Town: Tifton, GA 31794
Once again, we must call on our troops to help us in our search for Sunday. We have new posters that need to be distributed throughout Tifton, GA, and the surrounding areas. We will meet in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Tifton, where we will pass out flyers and assign distribution areas. Free coffee and doughnuts will also be available.

Attached, please find the official event flyer, as well as missing persons flyer for Sunday in both JPG and PDF format...

Thanks! Help bring Sunday home!

Attachments

• Sunday_POSTERDISTEVENT2.jpg
    Sunday_POSTERDISTEVENT2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 13
  • MISSING001.jpg
    MISSING001.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 13
  • MISSING.pdf
    109 KB · Views: 4
Leaving for Tifton GA at the buttcrack of dawn tomorrow... Please help bump her thread up... It's quiet in here.. Ideas? Brainstorms? Anybody?

Attachments

• IMAGE_381.jpg
    IMAGE_381.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 7
Volunteers sought to find Tifton mom
Family hopes Saturday effort will lead to information on missing woman

Friday, May 14, 2010 6:13 AM
TIFTON, Ga. -- Volunteers are being sought to help pass out missing-person fliers Saturday as the search continues for a Tifton mother who disappeared last month. Sunday Blombergh, 28, hasn't been seen or heard from since April 22. Tift County sheriff's deputies, Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents and her family, friends and others have been searching for the mother of a 7-year-old daughter.
http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2010-05-14/volunteers-search-tifton-mom

Mlatta, there is so little information out there on Sunday. In fact one of the places I relied on for news or updates was on her Missing-Facebook page. Unfortunately, the page is not public anymore. Any idea why?

Do you know who Sunday was friends with in Tifton? We know she was last heard from at her home. Prior to that, who was she last seen with/by? Where had she been working? Was she fired? I recall reading that a major employer there in Tifton was closing it's doors, was she employed there?

How did her daughter get to and from school? Did she ride the bus? Is it possible Sunday walked down to the HWY to meet her?

I can't say for sure, but I know there were words between the father (Reign) and the MIL (Ruby) on the facebook page. I think the Blombergh family made it private so Ruby couldn't post things on it, etc. You can become a fan of it and view it that way, though.

One question that I have, is if Izzy lived with Sunday and the MIL in Tifton, why did Sunshine have her the day that Sunday disappeared? They said that Izzy was going to stay living with the MIL until after the end of the school year...

I can't say for sure, but I know there were words between the father (Reign) and the MIL (Ruby) on the facebook page. I think the Blombergh family made it private so Ruby couldn't post things on it, etc. You can become a fan of it and view it that way, though.

One question that I have, is if Izzy lived with Sunday and the MIL in Tifton, why did Sunshine have her the day that Sunday disappeared? They said that Izzy was going to stay living with the MIL until after the end of the school year...

Wow that's too bad about the dispute on the Missing FB Page. In a Google search it was one of the top hits for most recent news. If the media is not putting updates or news stories out there, the Family could still keep the public informed. Not all people are FB members, nor do they want to join. To become a fan you have to be a member right? Just Sayin ...

I had not seen that Sunshine had Izzy? I had assumed she was in school the day Sunday disappeared. Maybe she had been visiting her Dad in Florida? Although that would be a little late for spring break from school? Interesting, thanks for sharing that Serene777.

Welcome Serene, glad you joined. Is that new information?

Thank you. :) I'm glad I joined... I saw this when searching for info on Sunday, but now I've been reading all the other information here as well. I never knew this site existed.

I read it on one of the comments (gosh, I wish I could remember whether it was facebook or wctv article- I believe Facebook) that Sunshine had Izzy that day. I thought she would have been in school?

Yes, you have to be a member of FB to become a fan of pages. I think they should have just blocked whoever it was they didn't want making comments and kept the page public. It seems crazy to make it private when the whole point is to get the word out!

Thank you. :) I'm glad I joined... I saw this when searching for info on Sunday, but now I've been reading all the other information here as well. I never knew this site existed.

I read it on one of the comments (gosh, I wish I could remember whether it was facebook or wctv article- I believe Facebook) that Sunshine had Izzy that day. I thought she would have been in school?

Yes, you have to be a member of FB to become a fan of pages. I think they should have just blocked whoever it was they didn't want making comments and kept the page public. It seems crazy to make it private when the whole point is to get the word out!

ITA, it would be nice is the missing social websites were to remain open to the public. There was a ms & fb page set up to public, haven't cked them lately.

IIRC, didn't Sunday go missing on a Sunday? I thought it was odd when initial reports said she was to have a job interview that day that Sunshine was picking Sunday up at 3pm? and taking Sunday to this place. Could Izzy have been in FL with family for the weekend? idk

April 22 was a Thursday ...

Thank you Serene777, I see there are new photo's up on the FB Page, see link below.
No news updates from the GBI yet? Sunday has been missing for over four weeks now. Still so little information out there to work with. Where she worked, friends and associates, etc. Let's hope the GBI is making some progress. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112721198763582&v=wall&ref=search

May 14, 2010
Volunteers hope flyers will help search
Steven Stubbs/Reporter CNHI
TIFTON — A flyer event will be held today to pass out flyers and post them where Sunday Blombergh, missing since April 22, was last seen. Volunteers are asked to meet at 11 a.m. at Kmart, 144 S. Virginia Ave.

Volunteers will be asked to post and pass out flyers around the area where Blombergh was last seen. Volunteers will be split up and each of them will be assigned their own distribution area.

Blombergh disappeared from her Tift County home on April 22. She and her young daughter were living with her mother-in-law, Ruby Evans, in a home on Briarwood Lane in southern Tift County.
http://tiftongazette.com/local/x2023207188/Volunteers-hope-flyers-will-help-search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82