GA - Sunday Blombergh, 28, Tifton, 22 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay.. bumping this up to be the week sunday is found.. everyone put on your thinking caps and spread the word !

~love~

Correction to some info in my first post, Izzy was NOT with Sunshine the day that Sunday disappeared. I had read it on the WCTV website from an anonymous writer... but some of the family/friends have since posted remarks to that poster and said that it was incorrect. She was with the MIL that day and the family got her after Sunday disappeared.

Correction to some info in my first post, Izzy was NOT with Sunshine the day that Sunday disappeared. I had read it on the WCTV website from an anonymous writer... but some of the family/friends have since posted remarks to that poster and said that it was incorrect. She was with the MIL that day and the family got her after Sunday disappeared.

Isabella was in school. She and her mom were due to leave for Florida after she arrived home from school with Sunday's sister who was driving to get them. However, she went missing while daughter in school that morning.

Isabella was in school. She and her mom were due to leave for Florida after she arrived home from school with Sunday's sister who was driving to get them. However, she went missing while daughter in school that morning.

sorry... I can't get anything right today! *haha*

Hello everyone. I am still trying to put all the peices together from what I learned at this event. There's a lot of names and info I need to sort through before I can come up with anything good to share here for brainstorming and what not.

However, I will say that Tifton seemed like a pretty normal small-town, until I ventured out to the bad side. Ferrylake Rd, and Flether Rd. I felt like I was in a 3rd world country for a few minutes there. There were signs of Mexian gang activity. I aggreesively posted flyers in strategic spots all around these areas. I found a couple of places to nose around, but when I got home, and did some more reading, I found these were areas already searched heavily by the SAR team.

Sunday did NOT get the attention she needed. Perhaps because she is an adult, 28 years old; or maybe it was because of her alleged drug use. Regardless of someone's activities, they do not deserve less than anyone else?! Am I the only one who thinks that!? I'm not saying anything bad about Tifton LE. They're very limited as far as leads go, and from what I understand, the search was pretty thorough. It looks to me as though they're doing everything they can. The media attention is what was lacking.

I did run into one person who was willing to share a lot of information with me. Someone, appareantly, suspected him of a part in this, as he had a shiner in his right eye. I can't say his name on here. I seriously doubt this guy had any involvement at all, nor does he have any pertinant information. I gathered this from talking to him and getting some of the details. He was not well liked by the others there. I am still going through the info he provided to me.Hopefully I will have some info to share, will probably have to be via private message.

God I hope we can find this girl. One way or another, and bring peace and closure to her family.

Attachments

• Group_photo.jpg
    Group_photo.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAGE_431.jpg
    IMAGE_431.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 35
mlatta,

great job!! Can you clarify for me please?? Are these people pictured ALL of the people who were at the flyer distribution event? If not, how many people showed? After seeing all of your BD photos, I am shocked and horrified at the seemingly small turnout for Sunday! Please tell me far more people were there.
Sadly, I agree with you that Sunday has been overlooked and dismissed by the media. Sunday has a child...you'd think that would draw out the media. It's scarey to think that missing mothers could warrant so little attention from the media these days. As I've said before, the WORST thing one can do for their missing family member/friend is say that they were depressed or addicted to a substance. I believe that the second the media heard depression and drug abuse, they wrote Sunday off as a suicidal drug addict. Really hoping your visit will provide some good clues for the family!!

mlatta,

great job!! Can you clarify for me please?? Are these people pictured ALL of the people who were at the flyer distribution event? If not, how many people showed? After seeing all of your BD photos, I am shocked and horrified at the seemingly small turnout for Sunday! Please tell me far more people were there.

I wish I could tell you that. There was about 12-15 of us altogether. I was disappointed with the turnout, HOWEVER, at the same time I was thankful there were people there to help, despite our small numbers.

I'm glad I showed up, it just so happens that some of my resources turned out to be useful. (Color copier, sheet protectors, etc) I had this strange feeling that help was needed badly by this family, which is why I went all the way out there... My intuition was right, this time....

Sadly, I agree with you that Sunday has been overlooked and dismissed by the media. Sunday has a child...you'd think that would draw out the media. It's scarey to think that missing mothers could warrant so little attention from the media these days. As I've said before, the WORST thing one can do for their missing family member/friend is say that they were depressed or addicted to a substance. I believe that the second the media heard depression and drug abuse, they wrote Sunday off as a suicidal drug addict.

I believe that is exactly what happened. She had a history of substance abuse, and I believe she had gotten arrested in TX on drug charges. I also read where someone stated "...she has layed out like this before..." That didn't help much either. Personally, I treat all missing persons cases the same. Regardless of age, race, history of indiscretions, etc... If only the media did too?! I also think the fact that it was a small town, and not a native resident, also played a part in the lack of media attention.

Do you think it is strange LE has not released more details? In most of the missing persons cases I have researched, more information was given in the beginning, such as cell phone pings, any camera footage, individuals last seen with, POIs, anything!? I never even saw a good description of her clothing at the time she was missing, or any items she may have had in her possesion. (i.e. purse, cell phone) LE is not being very forthcoming, or maybe the media isn't "on top of them" as in other cases. I don't know. I certainly hope they are working diligently behind closed doors.

Really hoping your visit will provide some good clues for the family!!

I certainly hope so too. We posted a good amount of flyers, in strategic areas, and even placed them in people's hands when we could. I was able to get some information from some of the locals. I want to go back soon, take my mtb around remote areas, maybe ask some more questions to some of the locals. It's just such a pain because it is 5-6 hours from my home.... We shall see what the future holds soon enough, though :)

In two days, it will be a month that Sunday has been missing. I pray every day that this young woman will be returned to her daughter safely.

I found this today-

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbc...00519&Kategori=NEWS0102&Lopenr=5190805&Ref=PH

photo number 5.

and, while I was at it I checked out the Leon County clerk of courts... Sundays family is trying to (and in light of the above probably will, even though his character is just as questionable as the others involved) gain custody of Sundays daughter. As of 5/13..they filed papers. Also a domestic violence injunction against Sunday from Theo. 2006.

Did some myspace sleuthing too and...wow. Their friends are....well I will hold myself back and that is very hard to do, given what I know. But, maybe probably has nothing to do with her case so..I'll just say..the things people will do, when addicted to drugs...are sad. REALLY sad.

He has priors but nothing that would indicate he's a violent person...poss. of LSD, and in 1996 unarmed burglary of a structure.

But damn- OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE INTIMIDATE THREATEN WITNESS VICT INFORMANT, KIDNAP INFLICT BODILY HARM OR TERRORIZE VICT OR OTHER, DOMV / AGGRAV BATTERY PERSON USES A DEADLY WEAPON (2 counts) May 17, 2010 ????????? I can't believe this has nothing to do with Sunday.:waitasec:

and, while I was at it I checked out the Leon County clerk of courts... Sundays family is trying to (and in light of the above probably will, even though his character is just as questionable as the others involved gain custody of Sundays daughter. As of 5/13..they filed papers. Also a domestic violence injunction against Sunday from Theo. 2006.

Did some myspace sleuthing too and...wow. Their friends are....well I will hold myself back and that is very hard to do, given what I know. But, maybe probably has nothing to do with her case so..I'll just say..the things people will do, when addicted to drugs...are sad. REALLY sad.

He has priors but nothing that would indicate he's a violent person...poss. of LSD, and in 1996 unarmed burglary of a structure.

But damn- OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE INTIMIDATE THREATEN WITNESS VICT INFORMANT, KIDNAP INFLICT BODILY HARM OR TERRORIZE VICT OR OTHER, DOMV / AGGRAV BATTERY PERSON USES A DEADLY WEAPON (2 counts) May 17, 2010 ????????? I can't believe this has nothing to do with Sunday.:waitasec:

Wow! This happened on Monday?!

Clerk of Courts says custody filed 13th, arrest says the 17th. I live 30 minutes north of Tallahassee, my sons father lives there...I know some of Sundays family thru friends. But, I am NOT close to these folks (theo's and sundays friends) because since I was a misfit teen I avoided all of them for the sake of my mental and physical health. Now I wish I knew somebody, but there again they ARE "thick as thieves" (and they are unsavory) so I doubt anyone would like to provide me with info about WHO/WHY Theo would do this. He's crazy and wild but not...a kidnapper..???

Clerk of Courts says custody filed 13th, arrest says the 17th. I live 30 minutes north of Tallahassee, my sons father lives there...I know some of Sundays family thru friends. But, I am NOT close to these folks (theo's and sundays friends) because since I was a misfit teen I avoided all of them for the sake of my mental and physical health. Now I wish I knew somebody, but there again they ARE "thick as thieves" (and they are unsavory) so I doubt anyone would like to provide me with info about WHO/WHY Theo would do this. He's crazy and wild but not...a kidnapper..???[/QUOTE

Thanks CB Gal for any info you can find out. That is a scary picture. Can't wait to find out details of the charges.

I personally don't care about her prior history with drugs, what I care about is the fact that this absolutely gorgeous woman, (she really is soooo pretty) is missing and her sweet baby girl is now without a momma, and her family without a daughter and sister.....

Please let this weekend bring Sunday home......

This is the only thing difficult about living in Canada, not too much I can do from up here but pray.

I have been following this case and sleuthed many myspace pages when she first went missing, looked at many pictures and she is a very loved woman.

ITA greeneyedgirl. It was clear form the moment you looked at FB and MS pages what the backstory/history was. That said, Sunday is a victim and none of that history makes what happened to her right.

As far as the arrest/charges in Florida. My first thought was perhaps T was reacting to someone he possibly thought was involved in Sunday's disappearance? What county are charges listed in CG?

As far as family seeking custody of Izzy, I would be doing the exact same thing if I were them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox