WV WV - Earnest Francis, 32, New Martinsville, 4 May 2011

I don't think I've ever seen anyone swimming in the Ohio. The water is polluted and nasty smelling.

I grew up on the Ohio, further downstream, and we used to swim in it, go boating and waterskiing etc all the time.....until we got into our late teens and realized how yucky it really was! :) That was almost 30 years ago, so sure it is even worse now.

That would be the direct route, but I think there are cut through paths that he could have taken. Where the mark is for tractor supply, his scent was picked up in the back of that large building in the middle of the plaza. Good job with the map!

I am not convinced that it was him who parked the car there. The daughter of the woman who said she saw a car speed away says it wasn't Earnest that she saw. Maybe he left before she saw the other person get into another car and leave? Or maybe it wasn't him who drove the car there?

I was also trying to find out if there are docks at Hydro Park. Could he have gotten in a boat with someone. The mother said on facebook that his uncle hauls gravel on the river and they've used their sonar to check the bottom of the river.

We still haven't heard from Earnest's wife. The mother has said that Earnest's father and his two brothers have been harasssed since Earnest has been reported missing.

We have had a rash of men murdered and missing in the last few weeks in WV. Scary!

I grew up on the Ohio, further downstream, and we used to swim in it, go boating and waterskiing etc all the time.....until we got into our late teens and realized how yucky it really was! :) That was almost 30 years ago, so sure it is even worse now.

oh yea, it's much worse now!

I was thinking though, maybe he was getting on a speed boat and that's why he left those things in the car. Didn't want the water sprayed from the boat to get them wet? I can't find out if there are boat docks at the park. I may have to just drive up there an look for myself.

Is it just me, or does nothing in this sound right? I mean everything thats being said and done is all messed up to me. From day one that I heard about him going missing, all the stories have changed. First he was helping a friend in new matinsville work on his car, now he was going to work? When in the family gave statements to police & (facebook) he was layed off! With him and his kids & wife living at his mothers. I saw on the facebook page that his father was mowing his grass at his house and at his mothers house! Makes no sense to me. Now if you look back on the facebook page them posts have all been takin off. I'm sure the police are watching the facebook page just like I am. Yes this is a fake name, cause I dont need the drama from speaking my peace. I do have concerns that the family knows more then they are letting on. Also I heard (RUMOR). from a family member that 6 months ago a insurance policy was takin out on him. ( I pray that this is untrue ) & the family has clean hands. They want everyone to help, but they are not giving info that they know about him going missing. Why is that the brother found the car and not the police. I mean all his stuff could have been planted in the car before cops were called. It really hard when nothing makes sense. One bit of truth would be great. I give full sopport but I will not be made a fool. Unlike many others I've put 2-2 together. So many others feel the same way. They just wont say anything. What about the girl who said she saw the car speeding off but he wasnt driving. Why is that it was a next day full out search, why no finger prints takin at the time the car was found. So many questions. Without answers. Ive even asked questions to the family, but they will not give and answers, They just say thanks for helping. I dont know what to think. I just want real answers and not what they want us to know. The more we know the more it will help find him. Oh another thing, his family has a boat right??? Well doesnt that seem strang that the scent was followed to the fiver then stopped, then followed to tractor supply, then grave yard. Then it went cold. If i'm right it did rain the next day. If he's in the water, then he's in real trouble after 13 days. This is very sad for his kids. they are so innocent. My post isnt rude, or ment to hurt any feelings. I just want to say what others are thinking. I hope he is found. I hope with all my heart. but we need some truth. Dave byers doesnt think faulplay as of yet, but I feel in time things are gonna hit the fan. I think the amerihost inn would have camras that might help figure this out. also the bank the day he drove by, also walmart would camra's pointing down that way to see him driving down there. I think them places need thier camra's pulled and viewed. I bet then some questions would be answered. Wouldnt the damm have camra's also, from all this 9-11 stuff going on.

Is it just me, or does nothing in this sound right? I mean everything thats being said and done is all messed up to me. From day one that I heard about him going missing, all the stories have changed. First he was helping a friend in new matinsville work on his car, now he was going to work? When in the family gave statements to police & (facebook) he was layed off! With him and his kids & wife living at his mothers. I saw on the facebook page that his father was mowing his grass at his house and at his mothers house! Makes no sense to me. Now if you look back on the facebook page them posts have all been takin off. I'm sure the police are watching the facebook page just like I am. Yes this is a fake name, cause I dont need the drama from speaking my peace. I do have concerns that the family knows more then they are letting on. Also I heard from a family member that 6 months ago a insurance policy was takin out on him. ( I pray that this is untrue ) & the family has clean hands. They want everyone to help, but they are not giving info that they know about him going missing. Why is that the brother found the car and not the police. I mean all his stuff could have been planted in the car before cops were called. It really hard when nothing makes sense. One bit of truth would be great. I give full sopport but I will not be made a fool. Unlike many others I've put 2-2 together. So many others feel the same way. They just wont say anything. What about the girl who said she saw the car speeding off but he wasnt driving. Why is that it was a next day full out search, why no finger prints takin at the time the car was found. So many questions. Without answers. Ive even asked answers to the family, but they will not give and answers, They just say thanks for helping. I dont know what to think. I just want real answers and not what they want us to know. The more we know the more it will help find him. Oh another thing, his family has a boat right??? Well doesnt that seem strang that the scent was followed to the fiver then stopped, then followed to tractor supply, then grave yard. Then it went cold. If i'm right it did rain the next day. If he's in the water, then he's in real trouble after 13 days. This is very sad for his kids. they are so innocent. My post isnt rude, or ment to hurt any feelings. I just want to say what others are thinking. I hope he is found. I hope with all my heart. but we need some truth. Dave byers doesnt think faulplay as of yet, but I feel in time things are gonna hit the fan. I think the amerihost inn would have camras that might help figure this out. also the bank the day he drove by, also walmart would camra's poting down that way to see him driving down there. I think them please need thier camra's pulled and viewed. I bet then some questions would be answered.

Welcome to WS, mother11!

I am always glad when a local is able to give us some insight to the town or the person.

Having said that, if you are related to Earnest, you must contact the owner of WS, Tricia Griffiths, for verification purposes.
Also, always use the word RUMOR,
when discussing what the people in town are thinking.
For example, the info about a possible insurance policy.
RUMOR.

Things do seem like the story has changed, but that often happens in missing person cases. WS relies on the internet news articles and the reporting can be haphazard.
But interesting about the posts taken down at his FB page.
I'm off to check that out.

Good to know about the security cameras at the bank, Amerihost Inn, and Walmart. I hope the police have those.

Keep posting!

Welcome to WS, mother11!

I am always glad when a local is able to give us some insight to the town or the person.

Having said that, if you are related to Earnest, you must contact the owner of WS, Tricia Griffiths, for verification purposes.
RUMOR.

Things do seem like the story has changed, but that often happens in missing person cases. WS relies on the internet news articles and the reporting can be haphazard.

Good to know about the security cameras at the bank, Amerihost Inn, and Walmart. I hope the police have those.

Keep posting!

Thank you Dreamweaver, I'll be sure to keep that inmind. I did however go back & put RUMOR in my post. I really hope they get the camras cause I know it was shead some truth. I'm not a fmaily member. Just someone who knew him when he lived in New Mat many years ago. I'm just ready to hear some truth, either from cops and family. Like how many times before has he used thier car? or when did he get a job? when he was layed off. Your right about how things change in the news. The person who runs this form set the account up for me. I just really wanted to post on this cause alot of people were just skipping around and not really saying what should have been said. I have faith he will be found safe. I hope so with all the power in the world he comes home to his kids. He looked to be a great dad. The easter picture is a sad one. Now that he's missing. I really hope he found safe and alive.

They found his car at Hydro, picked up his scent at the cemetary beside long john silvers and again behind tractor supply. I think they should search the woods behind tractor supply. It looks very rugged back there. Google maps has the tractor supply at the wrong location. It's the big building in the center of the plaza north of where long john silvers is. I'm trying to google map this but I can't get it to work on my computer.

If he was walking the whole way, wouldn't the dogs pick up his scent in more than just those two places?

scent was lost, so what that means to mean is that the car was ditches and he was picked up. I know one of his ex-girlfriends who lives out of state who would have had time to come get him. She posted one time on the page when he first came up missing then I havent seen a post from her sense. Might be me, just things dont add up. I have a feeling he's alive! Doing very well also. I wonder if a reward was offered would the person help him come out and say he's alive in well, just for the money? RUMOR goes that family was having money troubles. But what family dont. Just a thought. Might not be the best one. But it's something someone would come up with in the sper of the moment. Could be a number of things. I just hope he's alive. Or even if he was doing something he should not have been doing, like meeting a lady friend, There was a post about that last nite on the facebook page. That could be a could have been type deal. then when the news came about about him missing he got worried and didnt want to come out of hiding because of the heartbreak his family is going though. But knowing he's alive would be better then thinking he isnt.

Mother11 is right. Those old posts are missing now. I saw them also. Would LE have access to deleted posts if they requested them from Facebook in case they are relevant?

Earnest's mom said early on that Earnest's wife was staying with her along with the 4 children. I haven't heard mention of the wife since then. Will have to go back to facebook and see if that post is still there.

I can't tell if the car was at hydro park or on hydro road. There are lots of public garbage cans at the park itself. I wonder if they were searched?

I can't even figure out what the wife's name is. Maybe they aren't legally married.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=160819930648500&id=100001614829375&notif_t=like

What she said caught me off guard about pulling at straws. I dont know but maybe someone knows more then whats being said. Ugh...I hate thinking this way. Makes me feel bad that my mind is screaming for answers.

What about the benefit dinner to raise money to put a reward up for him!!!

I dont know. Like I said if money was asked for his return, I bet he would be returned.

I dont care how hes found. just let him be safe. I see post on fb from people who are outragged over alot of statements comming from the family. One said, that if it takes a reward then offer one. 5,000 would get someone's attention. Its sad to think that money wuld get someone to come farward with info that should have been givin a week ago. rather 2 weeks go. Let him be safe god, watch him and take care of him and bring him home to his kids!

Earnet's mother said he worked at Larry Rice. That is a mobile home moving company in New Martinsville. per facebook

Was Earnest reported missing before or after they found the car? I would like to know if the family searched the car before the police did.

Was Earnest reported missing before or after they found the car? I would like to know if the family searched the car before the police did.

He was report after 5pm missing. I'm sure. I think the car was found at 2pm the next day by his family. Well by his brother. So happens it was his brothers car. How did he get keys? Have new ones made? I mean the car was moved so a extra set or what. i'm confused. about all this too.

discrepancies I've seen in news reports & on the facebook page Earnest's mother is using to help locate him.

Earnest was going to help a friend work on a car/ Earnest was going to work
Car was found by law enforcement/ Car was found by Earnest's brother
He was seen around 9 pm on hydro drive, leaving in a different car/ It was someone else who drove away in another car, not Earnest.

Anyone else find more discrepancies?

The brother could have had a spare set of keys. Most people do have spare keys unless they lost them.

I checked the weather for the week he went missing. No significant rain before they did the search with the dogs.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=160819930648500&id=100001614829375&notif_t=like

What she said caught me off guard about pulling at straws. I dont know but maybe someone knows more then whats being said. Ugh...I hate thinking this way. Makes me feel bad that my mind is screaming for answers.

What about the benefit dinner to raise money to put a reward up for him!!!

I dont know. Like I said if money was asked for his return, I bet he would be returned.

I dont care how hes found. just let him be safe. I see post on fb from people who are outragged over alot of statements comming from the family. One said, that if it takes a reward then offer one. 5,000 would get someone's attention. Its sad to think that money wuld get someone to come farward with info that should have been givin a week ago. rather 2 weeks go. Let him be safe god, watch him and take care of him and bring him home to his kids!

what caught you off guard about the pulling at straws comment? I"m confused. I looked at it again and it didn't make sense to me.

Welcome to WS, mother11!

RUMOR.

Keep posting!

The reporting in this case has been good in that there has been a lot of local coverage. Way more than I've ever seen before. But it looks like the media has made some mistakes in reporting the details. I think there have been some posts removed to protect the privacy of the family. But it doesn't look like anything has been removed that would have significance in finding out what happened to Earnest.

This was Earnest's private page that is now being used to help find him. I dont' think it's unreasonable that some posts were removed so that the page could be kept public.

Someone posted a horrible attack on the mother on Earnests page. I know we've seen this before but this one is personal, not the normal weirdo stuff we see.

I was very upset when I was turned to this website. I have no idea who even started it. But I will say that I am a family member and I can say that alot of these post are not true. To the person who is saying the family is not telling the truth. As far as the stories getting messed up deal with it because I know there was a mistake when it was said he went to help a friend work on a car which I believe was posted in the paper, ok you had concerns about them saying he was laid off of work which is true but sometimes his boss would call him to work on something which is in a post that his mother wrote,
No where in any of the post do I remember anyone saying that Earnest,wife and kids lived with his parent. Earnest and the children
were staying with his parents him and his wife are seperated and she has her own place in New Martinsville. A comment was made about Earnest's father mowing Earnest's grass, yes Earnest has a house but also as mentioned by his mother he was not staying there because of not working. Also as far as post being removed there was only one taken off because it did not need to be brodcasted on Facebook and it wasnt a post his mother made it was a comment from someone that is a friend. Also I find it odd that there is someone on here posting information that was never even mentioned in the news or on Facebook. The comment had never been made about a woman saying they saw someone speed off in another car. Maybe this person that stated that on here needs to be questioned. As far as there being a life insurance policy took out on Earnest there has not been one took out from any of the family members, maybe that is a question you need to ask his soon to be Ex wife. His car was not found by his brother it was his dad. After the car was found that is when they really became worried as said before Earnest
was last seen on the 4th which was a Wednesday and the car was not found till the 6th (Friday).That is when the cops were called. The key for the car was never found and my cousin had to go have one made for it. The police told them to take the car they did not go upon theirselves to take it. As far as fingerprints not being took ask the police department that question not us
because we would like an answer to that. Also it was stated get the cameras well you say you knew Earnest so I am guessing you are from the area well with that being said then you should know you do not drive by Walmart to get to where his car was found. As far as the cameras go they were all pulled only one he shows up on is the Speedway one where he was getting gas. The damn has cameras but the area he was in (where the car was loacated) they dont show there. Also someone said an Ex girlfriend had posted on Facebook
it was checked into by the police where she lives and he was not there.When Earnest's mother stated she was pulling at straws at that time they were having to deal with what everyone was saying here is the definition (Making wild and often times unbelievable assumptions or using far fetched ideas and possibilities to reach the desired conclusion.) Hope that helps you better understand. As far as a benefit dinner I have not heard that one. I know there is going to be a candlelight vigil not sure on the date but there is going to be one. The comment was made to me that a candlelight vigil is only for someone who is DEAD which is not true. Some of these people on here need to use google before they make assumptions. And as for the attack on his mother it was just uncalled for. She is home taking care of the children and posting on every site she can think of she should not have to explain to anyone and as far as his father he is out EVERYDAY. I hope this has answered those questions to anyone who thinks things are being witheld. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and If I can answer them I will.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back