WV WV - Earnest Francis, 32, New Martinsville, 4 May 2011

Have you been verified by Tricia as a family member?

I think many of the errors were reported by the news media which does make mistakes.

I hope that Earnest is found safe and soon.

I was very upset when I was turned to this website. I have no idea who even started it. But I will say that I am a family member and I can say that alot of these post are not true. To the person who is saying the family is not telling the truth. As far as the stories getting messed up deal with it because I know there was a mistake when it was said he went to help a friend work on a car which I believe was posted in the paper, ok you had concerns about them saying he was laid off of work which is true but sometimes his boss would call him to work on something which is in a post that his mother wrote,
No where in any of the post do I remember anyone saying that Earnest,wife and kids lived with his parent. Earnest and the children
were staying with his parents him and his wife are seperated and she has her own place in New Martinsville. A comment was made about Earnest's father mowing Earnest's grass, yes Earnest has a house but also as mentioned by his mother he was not staying there because of not working. Also as far as post being removed there was only one taken off because it did not need to be brodcasted on Facebook and it wasnt a post his mother made it was a comment from someone that is a friend. Also I find it odd that there is someone on here posting information that was never even mentioned in the news or on Facebook. The comment had never been made about a woman saying they saw someone speed off in another car. Maybe this person that stated that on here needs to be questioned. As far as there being a life insurance policy took out on Earnest there has not been one took out from any of the family members, maybe that is a question you need to ask his soon to be Ex wife. His car was not found by his brother it was his dad. After the car was found that is when they really became worried as said before Earnest
was last seen on the 4th which was a Wednesday and the car was not found till the 6th (Friday).That is when the cops were called. The key for the car was never found and my cousin had to go have one made for it. The police told them to take the car they did not go upon theirselves to take it. As far as fingerprints not being took ask the police department that question not us
because we would like an answer to that. Also it was stated get the cameras well you say you knew Earnest so I am guessing you are from the area well with that being said then you should know you do not drive by Walmart to get to where his car was found. As far as the cameras go they were all pulled only one he shows up on is the Speedway one where he was getting gas. The damn has cameras but the area he was in (where the car was loacated) they dont show there. Also someone said an Ex girlfriend had posted on Facebook
it was checked into by the police where she lives and he was not there.When Earnest's mother stated she was pulling at straws at that time they were having to deal with what everyone was saying here is the definition (Making wild and often times unbelievable assumptions or using far fetched ideas and possibilities to reach the desired conclusion.) Hope that helps you better understand. As far as a benefit dinner I have not heard that one. I know there is going to be a candlelight vigil not sure on the date but there is going to be one. The comment was made to me that a candlelight vigil is only for someone who is DEAD which is not true. Some of these people on here need to use google before they make assumptions. And as for the attack on his mother it was just uncalled for. She is home taking care of the children and posting on every site she can think of she should not have to explain to anyone and as far as his father he is out EVERYDAY. I hope this has answered those questions to anyone who thinks things are being witheld. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and If I can answer them I will.

worried35:
Glad a family member is online here at WS.
Welcome.
:wagon:

I know that news media can get things wrong. It happens in almost every single case.

Just so you know, Websleuths is a forum about missing people, or unidentified people or cold cases...
and if a member sees a missing person case, they can post the information here.

I think that WS posters want to help more than anything.

If you are a family member, please contact Tricia Griffiths by email.

Verified / Professional Posters

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some may have special inside knowledge about a case or be directly related to a player in the case. This is all extremely valuable information for the forum. However, we like to make sure that anyone posting as a professional in a specific area (doctor, lawyer, search and rescue, etc.), or as someone with inside information, truly is what/who they claim to be. Verification is 100% optional. No posters are required to become verified unless they wish to post inside or professional information. If you wish to become verified, please contact Tricia, Websleuths owner, at wsverify@xmission.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, and your phone number and a good time to call. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.statejournal.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=99069

Louise said Earnest, his wife and children have been living with she and her husband until his construction work picked up. She clearly remembers that Wednesday. Francis said Earnest was in New Martinsville to help a friend out with his car. The last time he called her was at 5:36 p.m.

In that interview it was not Louise who said the wife lived there it was the reporter. And the friends car he was going to work on was his boss I talked to her today to make sure.

In that interview it was not Louise who said the wife lived there it was the reporter. And the friends car he was going to work on was his boss I talked to her today to make sure.

I wanted to let you know which report the misinformation was coming from. Maybe email the reporter to let her know about the mistake? Might help.

I wanted to let you know which report the misinformation was coming from. Maybe email the reporter to let her know about the mistake? Might help.

I believe there is gonna be an update interview. So maybe the corrections will be made then. Not sure of the update but I do know the reporter called her back

The comments about the car speeding away were posted on May 14th on earnests facebook page. I had to go back and find them.

I believe there is gonna be an update interview. So maybe the corrections will be made then. Not sure of the update but I do know the reporter called her back

That's good that they are doing an update. All the local media attention is great but it does make it difficult when they report information that isn't accurate. The media needs to do an update anyway to keep his picture out there.

The comments about the car speeding away were posted on May 14th on earnests facebook page. I had to go back and find them.

I went back and i saw a post that someone else posted about the car? Is there a post that any family members mentioned this? There r so many post and I go back to see but I only found one made to his mother.

I went back and i saw a post that someone else posted about the car? Is there a post that any family members mentioned this? There r so many post and I go back to see but I only found one made to his mother.

No, not a family member. That is the only poster that mentions it. She claims to be the daughter of the woman who told police she saw Earnest at 9 leaving Hydro Street in another car that sped away. I saw where others said that the police need to question her again, because the daughter said now her mother says she doesn't think it was Earnest.

If the woman who claims to have seen Earnest at 9 is now thinking it wasn't him, I hope she told the investigating officer that information.

No, not a family member. That is the only poster that mentions it. She claims to be the daughter of the woman who told police she saw Earnest at 9 leaving Hydro Street in another car that sped away. I saw where others said that the police need to question her again, because the daughter said now her mother says she doesn't think it was Earnest.

If the woman who claims to have seen Earnest at 9 is now thinking it wasn't him, I hope she told the investigating officer that information.

I just noticed that. I now have concerns about that comment.

I'm so worried about Eearnest's mom. It's been two weeks since she last heard from him on the phone.

Not on Namus yet. Wonder why it takes so long?

I have to admit, this is very scary. First of all i'd like to say Sorry if my info was off. I was going by the news and what i've read on facebook.

I also want to say that if I was going to cause myself harm I would leave them following items behind. Just as earnest did. Just so they knew I was gone! I'm not saying this to be mean. I'm just saying thats what I'd do. Cause I wouldnt need them!

I pray he's found safe, I really do. I hope this has a wonderful ending. Unlike how this is going right now!

Has anyone talked to his mother about the mood he was in that day? Does anyone know if him and his ex wife had gotten into a fight? Is there any reason on that day he was upset in anyway?

Also was he into drugs? Sounds like he could have gotten a ride with someone he trusted. If he was working on a car or something he wouldnt need them things neither cause they would get in the way. there is alot different things that could have happen. Could he have met his boss? Got a ride with his boss? Just alot of stuff could have happen. Alot of people involved just no answers for anyone, the family!

I'm sure the cops have asked that. I just would like to know how the family answered. It might help clear up some questions that people might have. My point about this is what IF he say...RAN AWAY! Or worse! So many things to think of and about. Just wondering..thanks

I'm so worried about Eearnest's mom. It's been two weeks since she last heard from him on the phone.

Not on Namus yet. Wonder why it takes so long?

Yes it's very sad! Cant even think about how aweful she is doing on the inside!

Nothing has been reported that his mood was out of the ordinary, like if he was depressed. It was Friday before the family started to get worried so I don't think he gave them any indication before that something was wrong. His boss said that he never showed up at work, and that he hadn't seen or heard from him. That's in one of the news reports.

There still is no news and I can't imagine how scared those 4 children are.

http://www.nampn.org/hot/francis_earnest.html

This clarifies the time line.

Details of Disappearance
Earnest left his mother's house at 3:00pm on May 4, 2011 with his oldest children in his brothers 2004 blue chevy tracker. He went to Wellspring for the kids appointments in New Martinsville, WV.

About 5:20 p they were finished, he told his wife he was going to get gas & go to his work place. At 5:36p he called his mother's house to ask his brother if it was alright to use his vehicle to go to his work place.

He is on camera at the Speedy gas station. He did not make it to his work place. He did not come back home, call, text, or answer our calls/texts. On may 6th his mother called his work place and he had not been there. His Dad went on his motorcycle to look for him, about 2:00 pm he found the tracker at the hydro dam. It was locked up & Earnest's billfold, cell phone, belt, necklace medallion and his keys were under the seat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back