TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, maybe the blood was the abductor's. They were able to make a DNA match as he has a record. But, they don't know "where" he is. Just looks like if that were the case they wouldn't be searching so much along roadsides as they would be checking abandoned houses, cabins, and the woods.

Right. If someone is missing I have not heard about it. FWIW

Mark Gwyn said "sometimes things are not as they appear"

What do you think he meant by that ruling out that she didn't just run away.

Could it mean that it appeared at first as if only 1 man abducted Holly and now LE thinks there is more than 1 abductor?

It's a great point, and one which is very important, I think.

He had camo on because he had been or was planning on being, in the woods.

But then again, I guess it is probably common to wear the camo in town etc. also, or would it be? Is wearing camo restricted to being in the woods, or is it worn everywhere?

Oh it's everywhere. Grocery store, bank, wherever you need to go in town, not unusual at all to have on camo.

Could it mean that it appeared at first as if only 1 man abducted Holly and now LE thinks there is more than 1 abductor?

Possibly. They think a second person is planting the evidence?

Just a thought, maybe the blood was the abductor's. They were able to make a DNA match as he has a record. But, they don't know "where" he is. Just looks like if that were the case they wouldn't be searching so much along roadsides as they would be checking abandoned houses, cabins, and the woods.

I do hope, beyond hope, that LE is checking places like this out, they are just using the searchers to look for evidence that may be related to Holly. It would be perfect if they do have a DNA match, searchers can help to build a case because of all they are doing to help.

It's a great point, and one which is very important, I think.

He had camo on because he had been or was planning on being, in the woods.

But then again, I guess it is probably common to wear the camo in town etc. also, or would it be? Is wearing camo restricted to being in the woods, or is it worn everywhere?

You don't usually see camo at Sunday morning church (maybe Sunday evening church or Wednesday prayer meeting), weddings or funerals, but definitely everywhere else. Definitely.

Yep Plumeria, it's pretty much a guarantee when the public doesn't get any info.. I hope they know what they are doing. It's a double edge sword for me, the LE background on my part wants so badly for these people to be successfully prosecuted and the SAR part of me just wants them found, regardless. Sometimes LE can be so focused on the integrity of the case the MP almost takes second place. Lots of times it works, but then there are those times that you have to wonder if they had disclosed more, would the person have been found and would it not now be a cold case? Really tough when it becomes a cold case and there are no arrests, then u just wonder for what....

LOL! What? No camo tux?

Nope. But then most middle income people in the south don't own tuxes :) Guys only use a tux 4 times max in their life: junior prom, senior prom, when they're a groom and when they're best man, and 4 times is probably a stretch, lol.

Yep Plumeria, it's pretty much a guarantee when the public doesn't get any info.. I hope they know what they are doing. It's a double edge sword for me, the LE background on my part wants so badly for these people to be successfully prosecuted and the SAR part of me just wants them found, regardless. Sometimes LE can be so focused on the integrity of the case the MP almost takes second place. Lots of times it works, but then there are those times that you have to wonder if they had disclosed more, would the person have been found and would it not now be a cold case? Really tough when it becomes a cold case and there are no arrests, then u just wonder for what....

I agree. And, having come from a small community, I think if the facts were out there, you would see people rallying together because they know what or who to look for. Right now it's a needle in a haystack. And...we don't even know where the haystack is!

perhaps in this case, they are sure the correct audience has been saturated, and they have the tips they need...for next their next steps.

Nope. But then most middle income people in the south don't own tuxes :) Guys only use a tux 4 times max in their life: junior prom, senior prom, when they're a groom and when they're best man, and 4 times is probably a stretch, lol.

I live in the south (Kingston Springs, TN), I do not know of one person here that owns a tux. It is so true about the camo, everyone here wears it, everyday! Don't ya just love it? It would have been weird if the person responsible for this was wearing anything but out in the woods...He obviously blended right in. Sad, but true.

Graph showing interest in the case is falling off drastically.

http://boardreader.com/s/holly bobo.html

It looks like interest is really dropping off as of today.

I know in the last thread a few people mentioned that articles/opinions such as Pat Brown's (from NG) not only do not help this case, but can actually hurt it.

I agree and I think the "announcement" we talked about this morning in the Parking Lot was a total disservice to Holly and her family as well. People in the media should be more responsible.

It seems almost inhumane to me for a radio host to post rumors that could get a family and community's hopes up.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. LOL

I took it to mean they know who did it even though it appears that they do not and that they have much more evidence than what has been released.

I totally agree. It was surely cryptic and sounded like a poorly veiled message to the kidnapper. maybe i'm watching too much tv.

It looks like interest is really dropping off as of today.

I know in the last thread a few people mentioned that articles/opinions such as Pat Brown's (from NG) not only do not help this case, but can actually hurt it.

I agree and I think the "announcement" we talked about this morning in the Parking Lot was a total disservice to Holly and her family as well. People in the media should be more responsible.

It seems almost inhumane to me for a radio host to post rumors that could get a family and community's hopes up.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. LOL

Before you step down, :) how do i get to the Parking Lot? I haven't read it before.

I realize that hunting and camoflage clothing is a big part of life in TN (as I have read here), but, it amazes me at the number of males who continue to wear the same clothing as the perpetrator of Holly's abduction, while searching for her!

No disrespect meant, it's great that they are out searching, but, maybe if there is a male who would normally "always" wear camo, who was out searching for Holly without his usual camo on, then maybe it would provide a clue, kwim?

Look at the guys (and gals) wearing camo in this pic! It actually tells us alot about the deep rooted hunting nature of the community, really.

bilde

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs...gori=PHOTOGALLERIES01&Lopenr=104240801&Ref=PH

Like I've said before, everyone wears camo! I have never thought anything about it until this case. I have on camo shorts myself tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa