Trial Thread 4/25/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmafb..gag me with a football??? What is gmafb MOO

It involves a bad word... get out the virtual swear jar, ladies! We're gonna raise some money! I know I'll be throwing in a couple of loonies before all is said and done.

Who says you have to be in love with each other to be lovers? I define it as people who are intimate, not in love.

JMO

respectfully I do ... that is what I have always understood but hey I have been out of the game for so long...still have my main man ...being intimate after meeting someone says to me that they were answering each others need or one of them...it has been posted that they were lovers... just saying... JMO

Who says you have to be in love with each other to be lovers? I define it as people who are intimate, not in love.

JMO

Also known as one night stands, pillow pals or just plain old "gettin some"

RaffertyLFP Crown explains that almost hour long video of visits have been edited down to a few minutes robynhood....they are showing court Rafferty's visits to TLM now...robynhood...I would love to see that ...

Yes, me too with popcorn and a big fat icy drink! MOO and LOL!

Det. Const. Johnson presented a timeline of events from the day Tori disappeared, showing that there were two periods when Rafferty's phone was inactive, the first between 2:54 p.m. and 4:18 p.m. and the second between 5:05 p.m. and 7:46 p.m.

He took the battery out just before 3 pm because he was trolling around Oliver Stephens right around that time and he had prepped TLM about what to do, she was with him and in on it. JMO

respectfully I do ... that is what I have always understood but hey I have been out of the game for so long...still have my main man ...being intimate after meeting someone says to me that they were answering each others need or one of them...it has been posted that they were lovers... just saying... JMO

Respectfully, I applaud your value system but I don't think MTR or TLM share it.

Based on the examination of 3 or 4 months of his life that we're privy to, and the fact that he was 28 years old when imprisoned, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he'd had hundreds of sexual partners in his lifetime.

Respectfully, I applaud your value system but I don't think MTR or TLM share it.

Based on the examination of 3 or 4 months of his life that we're privy to, and the fact that he was 28 years old when imprisoned, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he'd had hundreds of sexual partners in his lifetime.

and i wish him many hundreds more ;) moo

Thanks for the link matou...

In spite of the legal arguments, several family members attended the proceedings Tuesday.

Purple wristbands were handed out this morning by Tori’s Uncle Robert Stafford to members of the media at London’s courthouse prior to legal arguments between the defense and the Crown at the first degree murder trial.

The wristbands, a collaborative effort provided by Tori’s Aunt and Uncle who flew out from Alberta over the weekend, along with Tori’s Grandmother Doreen, illustrate Tori’s birth date and the date Tori was lured away from her public school – April 8, 2009.

A small graphic of a ribbon and a butterfly are also embedded on the purple wristbands – one of Tori’s favourite creatures of nature

I will wait to see what the defense has to say, but I am curious if anyone here can think of a reason for the behavior of MR to TLM AFTER the murder took place, given that the defense has already said that he helped to clean up.
I have heard people postulate he was unaware of the kidnapping until too late (babysitting, drug debt), that there was no rape, that he walked away when the murder took place. But why would he act like he does after the fact if TLM's sudden plan and visciousness was a surprise to him? Why would he continue to "court" TLM? Why would he rev up his "dating" life? Is there some explanation I am missing? His actions seem to speak so loudly of his deep involvement to me.

TLM seems to be the type that would love anyone who pays her the kind of attention that she seemed to be be getting from MTR and yes IIRC they did have sex on their first encounter. I also didn't say - just because they had sex that they were lovers!!!!! I believe that TLM was head over heals for this guy. MTR wanted her for one reason...and it wasn't to be his girlfriend...he finally found "the one"....the one that was crazy enough to go along with his sick fantasy.

Totally agree. She was young and she probably felt love or something

So pretty much word for word of what happened TLM said in her testimony has been backed by evidence. Down to the hand across the face saying "you'll do anything for a little bit of love huh?" I want to see the video I wonder if you can see him mouth those words.

So in the end you either believe everything TLM said and use it as evidence or use none of it and go with the evidence. Thing is I do believe TLM and if I do believe her I have to believe she was the one that killed tori.

Did TM ever tell us who told her TLM was the women in the video?

So pretty much word for word of what happened TLM said in her testimony has been backed by evidence. Down to the hand across the face saying "you'll do anything for a little bit of love huh?" I want to see the video I wonder if you can see him mouth those words.

So in the end you either believe everything TLM said and use it as evidence or use none of it and go with the evidence. Thing is I do believe TLM and if I do believe her I have to believe she was the one that killed tori.

remember the words however; we can't keep her and we can't let her go and I'm going to have sex with her. No matter who eventually did the final blows, TS was not going home that day. :(
moo

I will wait to see what the defense has to say, but I am curious if anyone here can think of a reason for the behavior of MR to TLM AFTER the murder took place, given that the defense has already said that he helped to clean up.
I have heard people postulate he was unaware of the kidnapping until too late (babysitting, drug debt), that there was no rape, that he walked away when the murder took place. But why would he act like he does after the fact if TLM's sudden plan and visciousness was a surprise to him? Why would he continue to "court" TLM? Why would he rev up his "dating" life? Is there some explanation I am missing? His actions seem to speak so loudly of his deep involvement to me.

I agree...If he was innocent and was horrified of what TLM did, would you not be running for the hills and staying as far away from TLM as possible???He chose to visit, he chose to call, he chose to look after her mom. From his visits, calls etc...this tells me that he was staying on her good side so that she would stick with the plan and her taking the fall. GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY is all I can say. After all he does have a life filled with POF, pimp payments, drugs and one groovy car!!!!
I can't wait to hear how the defence twists this around!!!!!

Derstine is leading somewhere with the EOA references.

Gang related material isn't allowed in Genest, but they don't keep up on gangs in London................huh?

How do they know what not to allow?

JMO.............

Yes, the defence is most definitely leading us somewhere! Right down a rabbit hole where an 18 year old abducts and murders an 8 year old for no apparent reason and proceeds to implicate the innocent 28 year old man! JMO

Did TM ever tell us who told her TLM was the women in the video?

I thought TM noticed her walk and that is why she called it in...strange if she had only met her twice...she must have really taken notice of her both times to be able to point that out.. I'm not sure if I would be able to pick out my hubby's walk from a video and I have been with him forever...JMO more than likely JG noticed the walk as he may have had more contact on a regular basis with CM & TLM and mentioned this to TM...JMO thought that was rather curious...JMO

that is exactly how it is supposed to be and I bet 99 % of the time it is...JMO

No it is not. I work with a man who was a defense lawyer and he told me that when a lawyer takes on a new client they do not ask them if they are guilty or not. They only care about disclosure from the crown and gathering evidence and creating a defense. Very few people in our country who are tried are actually innocent, however everyone is entitled to a trial (our judges would rather see 10 guilty people walk free than imprison one innocent man). Defense lawyers are not naive, they know their clients are guilty more than they are not. There job is not to determine their guilt but to provide doubt to free their clients. So it does not matter what they believe of their client because their job is to be objective not subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard