Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it was on her woman statement, is that a credit card, debit card, or what!? again, if it was a debit card, they would want to find a mediately upon the rental. with a debit card, they take out the funds immediately. therefore, the reason that she had to transfer 400 dollars? this to me now it's looking like a debit card was used? but then that makes me wonder how she did the airlines charge if all of this was on a debit card. Mm? Where did the funds come from?

I am just not clear if this is a bank statement, a credit card statement, or debit card statement?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Debit. Same account she was using for her gas purchases.

BBM Your question is a good question. I wonder if she was thinking of returning to AZ or what was going through her mind. It could have been to save money on gas, I suppose. It just seems an inconvenience and danger at that point to fill the gas cans with more gas she'd have to struggle to put in her tank. Not sure I understand why she did refill the gas tanks to head home from Utah.

i think THIS is when she bought utah gas, cheaper than CA gas. she said she did that at the start of the trip which was a lie. i think at the end of the trip, it's true.

Darryl Brewer should be thanking his lucky stars!
I REST MY CASE

He should but he didn't sound that way on the stand. Each and every single person who was unfortunate to ever cross paths with her should thank his/her lucky stars!

Maybe you're right and she waited in her rental car until the roommate left (at I believe was said, 6:30AM) then she entered the home!?!

Can you IMAGINE if Travis was at gun point the WHOLE entire time? or at minimum, under threat? Even in the naked photos of Jodi, we never do see her hands so she COULD'VE been holding the gun.

Either way, this poor innocent man did NOT deserve to have his life end like this. Psycho-wench!!

Graphic:
http://youtu.be/kdhYXVlvzsY?t=1h24m55s

i thought i heard the roomate didn't leave until 3pm??

I just ran across this

images

Who had physical possession of the BMW that TA sold to JA, who ruined the engine?
TA in Mesa AZ? Or, JA in Yreka CA? TIA

There wqas an article in today's paper about JA. It was written by a local reporter here in Redding. Can I post the link here? It's quite interesting.

It is my understanding that a local newspaper would be mainstream media, so yes, you can do a link
. do you have a link to the website terms of service? You may want to bookmark that. it should be in the nurses link at the very beginning of all the threads

A passport has to be renewed every 10 years. If she has one now it would be interesting to know when that happened. Could be the reason Nurmi brushed by it so quickly!

JMO
I've mentioned before that I think the "car debt" that she owed Travis was a huge part of her motive. During her testimony there were very telling signs to me that money was a huge concern for her and this car debt was a big problem for her.

I totally agree.

I just listened to DBs cross again. JM pretty much says that MM was with Jodi when she stopped at his house to pick up the gas cans. DB denies seeing him. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am she wasn't alone. after all, there were "2 ninjas."

why the hell did she badger DB about borrowing his gas cans? why didn't she just go buy 3 cans at walmart with cash for $36? Or have someone else buy them for her? Why did she need to make this connection with DB to do this?

DB's testimony is interesting.

My thought is she sold him the DVD player from her grandparents' house. She needed the cash and played the "Poor me. I have no money and I need cash for my trip" card.

And maybe she thought he had more than two cans? She needed another to actually get to a full tank. :twocents:

JMO
I've mentioned before that I think the "car debt" that she owed Travis was a huge part of her motive. During her testimony there were very telling signs to me that money was a huge concern for her and this car debt was a big problem for her.

I totally agree.

I do not recall that at all. Do you have a link. What testimony?

I'm so sorry - I don't. I just remember catching the "we" myself and wondering about it at the time, only to hear her say at some point "my sister".

Darryl Brewer should be thanking his lucky stars!
I REST MY CASE

Why do you think he was reluctant to divulge the truth regarding her request, in May of 2008, for two gas cans to travel to Mesa, AZ?

Does that say more about him, or her?

(Once again I see and hear the premeditation duck quacking. :rubberducky:)

I always wondered if she was dressed as a "ninja" at first, or at least had her face covered initially. I always thought he looked confused or frightened in the picture of him looking at the camera in the shower and wondered if she presented with a mask on and then pulled it off just before attacking him.

Poor Travis. I hate her.

I don't believe he was taking a real shower. There isn't a single photo of him with a bar of soap or washing his body in the more than 8 minutes he was in the shower. They are posed, staged, and, I feel, taken under duress.

When Detective Flores asked her if the shower door was open, she acknowledged it was open and said "the water pressure wasn't that great so it's not like water would go everywhere." It's at the 18:51 mark in DL's JA police interrogation video.

While I was needling regarding JA's characterizations of DB as an alcoholic chimney, the reason I beg to differ has to do with his testimony, which was initially reluctant and less than forthcoming.

I recall distinctly on Day 10, after her mentor, Gus Searcy testified, that DB first denied recalling JA's telephonic gas can request --even under oath -- until continuing to be pressed by JM.

http://youtu.be/soNJs_9FCPY?t=1h33m48s

For context, start at the 1:33:00 point in the clip.

This was, of course, after JA had brutally stabbed, sliced, and shot Travis Alexander, and DB was rather reluctant to openly testify that JA had called him in May of 2008 to ask him for a favor. In fact, he was a Defense witness.

When JM first questions DB about whether he remembers the phone call asking for the favor, DB answers, "No."

Then JM gets more specific. He asks whether DB remembers JA calling to ask to borrow two gas cans so that she could make a trip to Mesa, Arizona, and whether DB remembers that.

There is a rather long, awkward and very pregnant pause of nearly six seconds before DB barely whispers, "Yes."

You could almost hear everyone in that courtroom gasp when it happened.

And I rest my case regarding DB's allegiance to the lying torture-murderess.

Oh, thank you for that!! I hadn't listened to DB's testimony before .. his voice gets quite creaky when he says that, very end of MAY 2008 .. so much premeditation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa