Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about Travis's roommates and how JA knew when they would be gone or were gone. I remember JA saying she asked TA if they were alone as if they were home then they needed to be "quieter". (Which I highly doubt was the case.) Was TA's bedroom on the front of the house or the back?
I suppose she could have been glancing out the window making sure the cars were gone but still very risky that someone would hear, including neighbors. The houses aren't that far apart but with the weather being so hot everyone's windows would have likely been closed. It is pretty scary to think that someone can be murdered, especially when most people are awake, and no one heard anything? JA said in her police interview about the ninjas, that Travis was screaming and screaming. If he was spitting/coughing up blood with the chest wound first, would he even be able to scream?

Here is my question:

Is there any logical reason why she refilled the 3 gas cans in Salt Lake City if she was not driving through Arizona on her trip home? I first assumed it was to remain "off the grid" in terms of purchases in Arizona on the trip back but she didn't go that way.

Do you think she filled those gas cans in SLC to further corroborate her story about filling the gas cans to avoid spending more money on higher priced gas in California? I assume she had burned all her evidence by that point, so she didn't need the full gas cans anymore...

I believe she filled them to avoid paying higher Californian prices... what a stinking final indignity to poor Travis. Thankfully the cheapskate used the denied third can and that allowed JM to show the jury proof she lied to hide premeditation.

i thought i heard the roomate didn't leave until 3pm??

He left that house that morning to pick up his girlfriend, drop off his rental car and pick up his car from repair shop. He thought he left at 11:30am. He returned to the house at 3pm was there for about an hour and left at 4pm. This from Flores report.

I don't know if it was a debit or credit card but I do know, when you rent a car, the establishment (Budget in this case) puts a hold on several hundred dollars.

It used to be you couldn't rent a car using a debit card (because you can deplete your account before you return the car which means, no collateral for the company) but now that most people only have debit cards, they are able to authorize and put a freeze on a few hundred dollars until you return the car.

What difference does it make? I lost your point! Thanks!

My point was if it was a debit card, that money would need to be in her account. At the time.

With a credit card there may be a hold on the amount, but it would not reflect on a wamu statement so quickly, prior to her gas charges in Salt Lake City.

just thinking the 400 dollar deposit ws to cover her debit card rental transaction... she would not have had to transfer 400 dollars to cover a Credit card. just trying to better understand the 400 dollar deposit.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Eta change the word debit to credit

You know, I felt the same way you do now about the rabbit holes Juan followed her in - UNTIL I read Mormon Attorney's (or is it Mormon Lawyer?) post. It TOTALLY changed my mind. If I could bring it over for you, I would - but if someone can confirm the correct poster name, you can just look under her posts to find it.
It is the most informative, insightful post I've read about the way Juan interacts with Arias. I hope you'll take the time to read it. It's worth every minute you spend reading it, and you may come to feel differently as I have.

ETA - sorry I lost the post this goes to. It was the one questioning Juan's effectiveness. I can't find it now. - post 310

Agree.

JMO
I've mentioned before that I think the "car debt" that she owed Travis was a huge part of her motive. During her testimony there were very telling signs to me that money was a huge concern for her and this car debt was a big problem for her.

It sounded like she had nothing but odd jobs working at restarants and it sounds like she did not make much. Since the car was basically ruined by her, the last thing she wanted to do was take a portion of what little she earned and send it to Travis who was dumping her.

I am sure she thought about it this way.
-Why should I pay him money on a car I cant drive
-He is dumping me and I am supposed to give him money still
-If he is dead, the debt I owe him goes away

There was a point in the testimony where she was describing how she got favorable terms and she said it like Travis told her she could pay as little as 100 per month but more if she had it. That part of her testimony showed me how money was a huge issue and huge concern for her. She always wanted to live the high life like Travis and never wanted to come across as someone who did not have money. She was faking to everybody that she was one of the high life socialites and as she testifiied she even said her reputation was very important to her. I am sure even the training classes for PPL emphasized how to basically "show off" to people how they could be rich like them some day. I attended a multi-level marketing spiel and it was just like this.

I dont think people realize how money was such a critical factor for her.

I think she left that check there at his place when she killed him knowing he could not cash it after he was dead. She even called one of the relatives and was worried they would try to cash it.

She always wanted people to think highly of her in the money department and she knew she could never afford to keep up with those car payments.
To me, that car debt was a huge factor in killing him once he decided to dump her.

The bottom line for me is I think the money debt was equal if not more of a reason why she killed him. Combine the money debt with jealousy and revenge, and you get a killer Jodi who is still trying to show off that she is an intelligent high life socialite.

i so agree with this!!!!! MONEY!!!!! it was an enormous issue with her. she could always find a job as a server. she had experience. she could quit whenever she wanted. if she got fired? big deal. restaurants are always hiring. plus, it gave her cash----run around money.

but for everything else, she NEEDED MEN! and TA was living the largest of any of the guys she'd ever been with. darryl did ok, and they did buy a house (although even in 2005, i don't know how much house you got for $360,000 in big sur. does anyone know?) but he wasn't going places.

TA was her ticket---that's what she thought. (and of course it wasn't just about money----just saying money was PART of it.)

but i think when she found out a smart, successful guy wasn't as easy to hook as the dumb losers she'd been dating, she was pretty pissed off about it.

I read Travis wrote JA a text(s) or email(s) calling her a sociopath?...If true, have they been made public? If so, where can I read this/them?

If he had this much resentment and disgust with Jodi WHY would he have consensual sex with her June 4th? She wasn't THAT irresistible!!!

I am really starting to think, he might've been held prisoner in his own home that entire afternoon!

BBM Your question is a good question. I wonder if she was thinking of returning to AZ or what was going through her mind. It could have been to save money on gas, I suppose. It just seems an inconvenience and danger at that point to fill the gas cans with more gas she'd have to struggle to put in her tank. Not sure I understand why she did refill the gas tanks to head home from Utah.

The only thing that comes to mind is to keep up her charade she didn't want to buy it in CA where the price was higher. Yet on the trip to AZ she made a big purchase in Pasadena.

Face it, she doesn't made sense.

:what:

MOO

Who had physical possession of the BMW that TA sold to JA, who ruined the engine?
TA in Mesa AZ? Or, JA in Yreka CA? TIA

IIRC, Jodi Arias had the vehicle after purchasing it from TA.

$200, ostensibly two payments, for the vehicle was written by check and signed by JA to TA, conspicuously placed on his office desk and easily located by LE investigators.

I don't suppose she's made any payments to TA's estate since butchering and shooting him...

I posted this on the questions forum but maybe someone could answer here. I can't watch Jodi's direct exam testimony because her lawyer makes me want to shove my knitting needles in my eyes. So the jury asked a question about "Hottie Biscotti" and whether anyone had ever heard Jodi refer to any other guy in that manner. Is there anyone that can help me understand the significance of this question?? :please: TIA! :blowkiss:

I have been thinking about Travis's roommates and how JA knew when they would be gone or were gone. I remember JA saying she asked TA if they were alone as if they were home then they needed to be "quieter". (Which I highly doubt was the case.) Was TA's bedroom on the front of the house or the back?
I suppose she could have been glancing out the window making sure the cars were gone but still very risky that someone would hear, including neighbors. The houses aren't that far apart but with the weather being so hot everyone's windows would have likely been closed. It is pretty scary to think that someone can be murdered, especially when most people are awake, and no one heard anything? JA said in her police interview about the ninjas, that Travis was screaming and screaming. If he was spitting/coughing up blood with the chest wound first, would he even be able to scream?

IMO, I am pretty sure he would be screaming and/or moaning at first, but in no way do I believe Jodi when she claimed that he told her "Ill kill you beech".

I think he probably was just screaming or moaning in pain as he tried to get away from her. His movements and defensive wounds to his hands indicate he was just trying to get away.

I read Travis wrote JA a text(s) or email(s) calling her a sociopath?...If true, have they been made public? If so, where can I read this/them?

If he had this much resentment and disgust with Jodi WHY would he have consensual sex with her June 4th? She wasn't THAT irresistible!!!

I am really starting to think, he might've been held prisoner in his own home that entire afternoon!

Here you go:
travis_texts_zps1f914775.jpg

Who had physical possession of the BMW that TA sold to JA, who ruined the engine?
TA in Mesa AZ? Or, JA in Yreka CA? TIA

JA ruined the transmission by towing the BMW in neutral. She claims U-Haul put the car on a front wheel dolly and left it 'in gear'. Anyone who knows BMWs is aware they are rear wheel drive so you can't tow them 'in gear' anyway. It doesn't matter neutral with no lubrication will ruin the transmission within say thirty minutes easily.

She claims to have towed her Infiniti on a flatbed trailer to Yreka when she eventually left AZ so I'm assuming the BMW was still in AZ. She also says her Infiniti got repossessed at some stage.

The only one that has said they had sex that day is a liar...ITA that he was held prisoner.

Here is my question:

Is there any logical reason why she refilled the 3 gas cans in Salt Lake City if she was not driving through Arizona on her trip home? I first assumed it was to remain "off the grid" in terms of purchases in Arizona on the trip back but she didn't go that way.

Do you think she filled those gas cans in SLC to further corroborate her story about filling the gas cans to avoid spending more money on higher priced gas in California? I assume she had burned all her evidence by that point, so she didn't need the full gas cans anymore...

I have heard several posters here theorize that she burned evidence. I disagree, perhaps she burned clothing, but fire isn't going to destroy guns or knives.

it's scary how much of DB's testimony i forgot. this guy is a wealth of information. he's also pretty slippery on cross. but here are the cliff's notes:

1. he said he thought she'd come back to him. they didn't really 'end' it. (poor boob. he probably really believed that, even in 2008)

2. his ex-wife moved 9 hours away to monterrey in summer, 2006 (smart woman. get your kid away from JA)

3. he wanted jodi to stay in their house in palm desert to help him out but of course, she didn't.

4. she became a 'different person' once she got into PPL. she stopped paying any of the bills or mortgage in aug, 2006. she had 2 jobs and quit those.

5. JM asked him several times 'she needed those cans to go to mesa, AZ, right?' or versions of that including 'mesa, AZ' and he agrees. later when JM specifically asks if she told him she was going to mesa, he denies it.

6. he denies she got 'testy' about borrowing the cans but reads the deposition where he used that word. still doesn't agree that's what he said.

7. says he doesn't remember her returning on 6-4, but then agrees she did return with a remote. doesn't say what kind and JM didn't ask.

8. he replies 'we were both very aggressive' the first time they had sex, but JM shows him his deposition where he said SHE was very aggressive and didn't say 'both.'

9. he says she cut off sex with him after talking with these missionaries who were coming to the house frequently. JM pounds on that one awhile to show she DID know the church's position on premarital sex.
DB also said he didn't know if his ex got a boob job - sorry - not buying it - he saw her all the time to exchange custody of their son. Arias gets hers right after that?? Hmmmm - funny timing.
He didn't remember anything about the 48 HR dinner he had until Juan reminded him - yet he had to have been conversing with Arias from jail to even GET those instructions.
He didn't remember the things he said during his interview to the detectives - hmm.
Sorry, I know he seemed mild and meek, but I just have a gut feeling there's LOTS more he knows that he's not inclined to share.

I have heard several posters here theorize that she burned evidence. I disagree, perhaps she burned clothing, but fire isn't going to destroy guns or knives.

I think she burned her clothes, threw the washed knife away in a dumpster and buried the gun in the desert somewhere.

May / June 2006 when she's already involved in PPL .. she has Mormon men coming to the house 3 months before she officially met Travis at the PPL conference in September!

SHE SO TARGETED HIM BEFORE THEY EVEN MET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500