OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

guilty of all charges so far, jury took enough time to consider the evidence and then came to the only conclusion that was reasonable,

Still listening to them going through the verdicts. Sounds like it's all guilty, and not on any lesser charges -- it's just the capital offenses, the worse of the worse. Felony murder, sexual motivation, desecrating corpses, all of that. I think they're up to count 32 now.

There's a few forms they have to go back and fix, but it's guilty across the board.

I will be shocked if he doesn't get the death penalty.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO KEPT THE REST OF US INFORMED.

Now is the time to pray for the victim's families and friends and for those surviving victims who came forward and those who did not. They have been through so much and it won't stop here. The nightmares aren't over for them, probably never will be.

Its not over for Sowell yet either.

I as well hope the family and friends can find some peace now. You are soooooo right it is not over for Sowell

glad to see the verdicts, don't support DP so hope jury don't vote for that,

I as well am not a DP supporter but I know he will not leave that prison..

Hi Joe. Just throwing this out more as a question or thought rather than an opinion. No witnesses were called on Sowell's behalf and he didn't testify.

IF he gets the death sentence couldn't he use that to say his attorneys didn't give him a fair defense? I read about a case where that was done and the second trial produced a life sentence. I wish I could remember the case.

Do you think it is possible that the defense knows this and that is why they went this route? I'm not saying he will get the death sentence just that he could.

Hi Joe. Just throwing this out more as a question or thought rather than an opinion. No witnesses were called on Sowell's behalf and he didn't testify.

IF he gets the death sentence couldn't he use that to say his attorneys didn't give him a fair defense? I read about a case where that was done and the second trial produced a life sentence. I wish I could remember the case.

Do you think it is possible that the defense knows this and that is why they went this route? I'm not saying he will get the death sentence just that he could.

I hope the judge got into the record that Sowell was happy with his defence and made sure that this could not be an appelate issue, he could have asked Sowell about this when he questioned Sowell over whether he would testify or not,

if he gets the DP he has an automatic right of appeal so who knows what he will raise when that happens,

his defence could not have used this as a trial tactic in the hope of getting an appeal on it later, as they are ethically charged with giiving him the best defence they could

I think they kept there powder dry for the penalty phase, Sowell and his defence team must have expected a conviction, they and he already know he was never getting out of jail on his sentence he already has for the sexaul assaults he had already been convicted on pre this trial, so it seems they are going to try to fight hard for no DP

I am glad now that I didn't go to any of the trial. He is just to evil to be in the same room with, if you don't have to, imo. He will get the DP, imo, and will probably die in prison. It will just cost Ohio a lot more money for the automatic appeals. I can't see the jury giving him LWP when the DP is an option. Doesn't mean we will ever execute him.
Blah, blah, blah, shut up Ohiogirl.

We all know Anthony Sowell's name and we heard the names of the murdered victims during the trial but in case someone didn't catch their names here is a "clip" from the article Sleuther Joe Jones supplied above (Fox8..pre penalty phase)

Sowell was found guilty of killing Tonia Carmichael, Nancy Cobbs, Tishana Culver, Crystal Dozier, Telacia Fortson, Amelda Hunter, Leshanda Long, Kim Yvette Smith, Michelle Mason and Diane Turner.

Rest in Peace Tonia, Nancy, Tishana, Crystal, Telacia, Amelda, Leshanda, Kim, Michelle, and Diane.

I'm confused. I thought a gag order meant you couldn't talk to anyone. How did the press find out about this? Are court records all open to the public and the press?

they6 have been having a hearing pre the penalty phase where any motions or issues either side have can be argued through in front of the judge, so all of this is public information,

Sowell has been told he will be allowed to make a statement to the jury and he will not be cross examined by the state if he chooses to speak, the state wanted the right to cross examine him but the judge denied there request

they6 have been having a hearing pre the penalty phase where any motions or issues either side have can be argued through in front of the judge, so all of this is public information,

Sowell has been told he will be allowed to make a statement to the jury and he will not be cross examined by the state if he chooses to speak, the state wanted the right to cross examine him but the judge denied there request

Thanks, Joe for clarifying that for me. So this will be Sowell's chance to speak on his own behalf and hopefully sway the jury away from recommending the death sentence...Correct?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back