Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing Forum Discussion

Notices

Missing Forum Discussion This is the place for case discussion and opinion regarding those who are missing.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
Fremont has a higher cost of living and housing...the schools and lifestyle are both ranked higher. It appears Marlese wanted a big house...and couldn't afford that type of house in Fremont, San Jose but could afford it in Morgan Hill.
Not that it matters, but they are renting the house.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Nope. She wanted to stay with her dad. Refer to twitter on Jan 7 around 6 pm
I dont read her twitter account. I did one time and found it quite alarming and vulgar.

So then why didnt she stay with him? What age can a child choose which parent to live with?

Although I have never figured out how he could be around any underage children because he is a RSO.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
If they are teens they have access to the internet all over the place!!! Maybe not at home, but it's very easy for them to have a facebook without their parent ever knowing!

Wrong. The school district has social networking sites blocked and they are not allowed to use the internet at home for anything other than research purposes. My children do not go to friends' houses.

What is easy is for parents to turn a blind eye to what their kids are doing. That will never happen here.

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Can't spull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarx View Post
Thanks. Here he would only served about 2/3 of his sentence, but that gets me close enough!
Served 170 days.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../20/ng.01.html

Also on same transcript:

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE CHIEF EDITORIAL PRODUCER: Right. In fact, her friends say that she would often travel to Fremont, which is the town she lived in before she transferred to this new school. They said she was back all the time, she stayed with her dad. That she actually, you know, didn`t want to leave.

She wanted to kind of stay in Fremont. Stay living with her dad. Stay there with her friends, but her mom, you know, moved to this new town and wanted her to accompany her. So there`s no indication that they had any sort of fractured relationship despite his status.

Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Tybee you will never be forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutkin View Post
I have to work to take care of my kids, as well. But as I have said before, you can change jobs or hours to ensure the safety of your children. That is the number one priority, not "things."

"Safe" neighborhoods are good targets for child predators.

And just because millions of people do something, that doesn't make it acceptable.
You must not live in Calif. jobs are few and far between especially in the Bat Area. And Sierra is not considered a cold. Heck when I was her age I was out at night till 10 with out a thought of what might happen.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Justice for Hailey

I'm not blaming Sierra's parents or her mom's bf for Sierra's disapperance. However, I do hope that it was not okay with Sierra's mom the way Sierra "spoke" on Twitter, tumblr, etc. I hope that her mother at least attempted to stop that disrespectful behavior. Because if my child were posting some of those messages and images and I knew about it, there would be a consequence and things like the smartphone and Juicy bag would have been among the first possessions and privileges taken away.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Defective Detective

Case archive started:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...Mar%20%20-CA-/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB View Post
You must not live in Calif. jobs are few and far between especially in the Bat Area. And Sierra is not considered a cold. Heck when I was her age I was out at night till 10 with out a thought of what might happen.
I live in a part of Texas with an insane unemployment rate. I have sacrificed "things" for my kids' safety.

If I had even thought about going anywhere other than school without my parents at age 15, I wouldn't have been able to walk the next day.

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.
The Following User Says Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Can't spull

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
I dont read her twitter account. I did one time and found it quite alarming and vulgar.

So then why didnt she stay with him? What age can a child choose which parent to live with?

Although I have never figured out how he could be around any underage children because he is a RSO.
More at the transcript:

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE CHIEF EDITORIAL PRODUCER: Right. In fact, her friends say that she would often travel to Fremont, which is the town she lived in before she transferred to this new school. They said she was back all the time, she stayed with her dad. That she actually, you know, didn`t want to leave.

She wanted to kind of stay in Fremont. Stay living with her dad. Stay there with her friends, but her mom, you know, moved to this new town and wanted her to accompany her. So there`s no indication that they had any sort of fractured relationship despite his status.

More: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-...s-public-focus

Sierra's sister, Danielle LaMar, 21, said despite her father's conviction and her parents' divorce, the family of four remains tight-knit. "I've always been really close with my dad," she said.

The night before Sierra disappeared, Danielle LaMar left Sacramento State for spring break and joined her father at his Fremont townhouse. On their way back from dinner, Sierra, a 5-foot-2-inch brunette, called. They put her on speakerphone.

"She was talking about how she wanted to get her hair done the next time she went to Fremont. She wanted to add some blond streaks," Danielle LaMar said. "She was very excited about one of her school assignments, telling me about her research paper. Bringing up her grades made her happy."

much more at the link.......................

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
I know this isn't the parenting forum so this will be my last post regarding any of this, but it's very easy for them. Their friends have iphones and other devices they can access their accts. I know many kids who have a fb without their parents knowledge. They do not of course use their real name.

Ok back on topic
You obviously don't live in an area like mine. Most parents around here don't even have a phone, period, so their kids definitely don't have iphones.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:51 PM

Search for Missing Sierra LaMar Intensifies Saturday

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...144108536.html
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to georgiana For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
You obviously don't live in an area like mine. Most parents around here don't even have a phone, period, so their kids definitely don't have iphones.
Actually, I'm VERY familiar with the Beaumont area
Old 03-24-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
It is possible to know exactly where your kids are 24/7. I do. If they are not at school, they are either with me, my boyfriend (who isn't a monster, regardless of what Dr. Laura would say), or their grandparents.

The safety of my kids is not negotiable. I can find a different job or give up something to ensure their safety. Because if something were to happen to one of them, no amount of money or things in the world is going to make up for that.
I was a very hands on mother when our children were growing up. Very overprotective, but I cant honestly say I watched them every minute of everyday like a hawk. I had to sleep and so did their stepdad. I had to work and so did he. They played in the yard and the back woods behind our house. They went with their friends to the mall, school and out to eat..over to their friends' house..etc.

As they grew older I learned not to be a helicopter mom and hover over them constantly. Imo, freedom and trust must be given or it stunts their social growth.

Could one of them been abducted by someone? Yes, most likely.

Children have been abducted in all sorts of situations. They came from good parents too but imo, parents cant watch their children every minute and it doesnt take but a blink of an eye for a child to be gone.

IMO

Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 03-24-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Exactly. And no parent can watch their children 24/7 no matter if they are very good parents. Its just not humanly possible.

The mother certainly isnt to blame for what happened to Sierra and at this time we dont know if she went willingly with someone that she trusted and it has turned out to be someone she shouldnt have trusted at all.

No, her mother shouldnt be expected to walk her to the bus stop, imo and a 15 year old would cringe if their mother did that as if they were an elementary child.
I agree with most of your points with exception to one.

Have you seen where the bus stop was located? I'll try to find that map again. Sierra was the only student at that stop, meaning she waited alone there on the side of the road. Personally, I would never have let my daughter do that. Rural area or not, I wouldn't take that chance.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:55 PM

IMO, the move may have been related to the higher-ranked high school, possibly better support services, etc. I'm speculating here that the mother, employed as an occupational therapist, is obviously an educated woman and may even work within the education system.

Additionally, in one of the interviews I saw of Mom (Nancy Grace Show? I don't recall.), she appeared to emphasize that her daughter try her best in school and work to capacity, rather than the importance of grades.

It struck me as the move to a new high school (and from Father to Mother) might possibly be related to an educational situation, but just my speculation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

Quote:
And I think that the cultural differences are important to take note of. In this area where she went missing, kids her age and younger generally have smart phones, be it iphones, droids, etc. Most of these phones require a data package and most of the kids are using them for that purpose. Not having a smart phone is not all that common. Not having a phone is pretty much unheard of at this point (right or wrong, just stating facts).
Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

Quote:
I was a very hands on mother when our children were growing up. Very overprotective, but I cant honestly say I watched them every minute of everyday like a hawk. I had to sleep and so did their stepdad. I had to work and so did he. They played in the yard and the back woods behind our house. They went with their friends to the mall, school and out to eat..over to their freinds' house..etc.

As they grew older I learned not to be a helicopter mom and hover over them constantly. Imo, freedom and trust must be given or it stunts their social growth.

Could one of them been abducted by someone? Yes, most likely.

Children have been abducted in all sorts of situations. They came from good parents too but imo, parents cant watch their children every minute and it doesnt take but a blink of an eye for a child to be gone.

IMO
Polly Klaas was taken out of her bedroom. Sometimes it doesn't matter how protective you are....
Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Polly Klaas was taken out of her bedroom. Sometimes it doesn't matter how protective you are....
Sadly this is very true. That case scared me to death!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sassygerl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:

I think that is our answer to why she is living with Mom. She could have no friends over to the house if she lived with him.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
More at the transcript:

More: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-...s-public-focus

Sierra's sister, Danielle LaMar, 21, said despite her father's conviction and her parents' divorce, the family of four remains tight-knit. "I've always been really close with my dad," she said.

The night before Sierra disappeared, Danielle LaMar left Sacramento State for spring break and joined her father at his Fremont townhouse. On their way back from dinner, Sierra, a 5-foot-2-inch brunette, called. They put her on speakerphone.

"She was talking about how she wanted to get her hair done the next time she went to Fremont. She wanted to add some blond streaks," Danielle LaMar said. "She was very excited about one of her school assignments, telling me about her research paper. Bringing up her grades made her happy."

much more at the link.......................
Thank you. I dont know what 'kind of wanted to stay with her dad'means.. is this when she went back to visit in Freemont?

Did she have a legal choice which parent to live with?

I dont doubt the girls were close to their dad. He probably told them he had to plea the case or he would go to prison and they believed him instead of the three girls he committed the lewd acts on.

IMO
Old 03-24-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I think that is our answer to why she is living with Mom. She could have no friends over to the house if she lived with him.
Oh, I hadnt thought about that.

Thanks.

imo
Old 03-24-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
And Jessica Lunsford too.

imo
Old 03-24-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Yet we've read she wanted to stay with dad...?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Can't spull

Quote:
Thank you. I dont know what 'kind of wanted to stay with her dad'means.. is this when she went back to visit in Freemont?

Did she have a legal choice which parent to live with?

I dont doubt the girls were close to their dad. He probably told them he had to plea the case or he would go to prison and they believed him instead of the three girls he committed the lewd acts on.

IMO
I don't assume anything about what the dad told them. They all lived through it ... first hand.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Can't spull

Quote:
He's not a violent offender and those exclusions don't pertain + he has visitation with his daughters, as minors.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread