Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond > Somer Renee Thompson

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasalurker View Post
If you do a read from the first thread to present he has been discussed alot on here....
sorry wasa, too tired to read tonight, just need to some info to help shed some light with whats going on here.
did any info in the discussion on him bring anything suspicious to light.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM

pretty much all they let us do today was pass out fliers, we (son and I) did go checking out a few places that were wooded, then checked all down the railroad tracks. Later we went to the mall, which is close by and handed out some fliers before coming home.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:39 PM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
Trish, I have posted this on the last thread and also a few times in the RT thread for Haleigh. I have a friend who used to be involved in drugs 30 years ago and I've known him about 10 years. Recently he told me about child trafficking THIRTY YEARS AGO. He witnessed these kids first hand. I believe him, there is no reason for him to lie to me about this.

IT IS REAL and before my friend told him of his eyewitness account, I dismissed it. The public NEEDS TO BE AWARE as I am afraid it is escalating!!
ita!!!! Also, there was a comment posted on one of articles (posted back on thread one) that talked about Jax being an area with a lot of this activity going on due to it being a port city...
Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcneishg View Post
pretty much all they let us do today was pass out fliers, we (son and I) did go checking out a few places that were wooded, then checked all down the railroad tracks. Later we went to the mall, which is close by and handed out some fliers before coming home.
Y'all are awesome!!
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:
The Stars Do Not Lie..People Lie

Quote:

Bless you and your son Cam... Bless all the missing..... bring them home..

Sweet Angel Caylee

Bless All the Little Angels

All I post is IMO
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MommaD For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:40 PM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
ita!!!! Also, there was a comment posted on one of articles (posted back on thread one) that talked about Jax being an area with a lot of this activity going on due to it being a port city...
You quoted my post before I made my correction to Tricia's name. My apologies, Tricia! I'm watching NG and following two threads and fighting a fly in my house at the same time.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Family Historian - Amateur Skeleton Hunter

Quote:
Thank you for all your hard work and effort.

Maz
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:41 PM

well, one thing is for sure.....my legs HURT tonight......LOL....I know I usually post that as a joke, because of my little box, but tonight....they really are tired..
Old 10-20-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
sorry wasa, too tired to read tonight, just need to some info to help shed some light with whats going on here.
That's ok BeyondBelief, I'll recap for you

-His name is Sean/Shawn (I've seen both spellings) Patton and he's a "family friend" (being called that by LE and Somers mom) who lives with the family.

-The mother works, and Mr. Patton is home each day when the children (Somer, her twin brother, and her sister) get home from school.

-Yesterday, supposedly the sister and the brother come home around 3:05-3:10pm and he asks where Somer is. They tell them she ran ahead of them and he tells them to go out and look for her.

-Someone found a link to a company called Indigo Healing that he may own. http://indigo-healing.net/

-Someone else ran his information and found he is not a registered sex offender, and doesn't have any sort of criminal background (other than minor traffic things).
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
not in my opinion...someone checked RSO lists, they have checked MS, etc...so far all anyone has is the indigo healing site...but I don't see anything that makes me suspect him as yet.
Hope this helps a little
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wasalurker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
well, one thing is for sure.....my legs HURT tonight......LOL....I know I usually post that as a joke, because of my little box, but tonight....they really are tired..

Cam... In the last video above that angel posted it showed a man out searching for somer and he was taking a trail like in woods.. he said that would be the way for her to go home... do you know if this is true? that looked spooky.... TIA

Sweet Angel Caylee

All I post is IMO
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MommaD For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 PM

Bless you both for the update on the live-in. But....i will still look at him with my high powered readers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much for doing this!!!! Peace and blessings to you and your son for being such caring people. I wish there was something concrete I could do, I hate just sitting around worrying.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Thanks to you and your son for caring enough to go and do whatever you could. It's due to people like you that missing children are found.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wasalurker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 PM
If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.

Video: Somer Thompson Search Latest 10/20/09 6PM Report 1:50
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...ect=1302057808
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abduction Attempted 10 Days Ago
Police Say 5-Year-Old Girl Nearly Abducted Near Search For Missing 7-Year-Old
POSTED: Tuesday, October 20, 2009
UPDATED: 6:23 pm EDT October 20, 2009
<snipped>
The Orange Park Police Department report said a 5-year-old girl on a bicycle was riding about one block from where Somer was last seen when she was approached by a vehicle driven by a Hispanic woman with two Hispanic men as passengers.

According to the report, the three approached the 5-year-old in the 1200 block of Ambor Circle Drive and told her to get into the vehicle. When she screamed and rode her bike in the opposite direction, the car sped off in an unknown direction.

Investigators say three people in a blue Nissan Sentra similar to the one pictured above tried to abduct a 5-year-old girl 10 days ago.

April Boothroyd (right), the mother of the 5-year-old girl who was in an attempted abduction, and Shannon Pollett (left), the woman who stopped her vehicle during the abduction attempt talked at a news conference Tuesday for missing 7-year-old Somer Thompson.

Article:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21352651/detail.html
Emotional Candlelight Vigil Held For Somer
Mother Makes Plea To Public For Return Of 7-Year-Old Daughter
POSTED: Tuesday, October 20, 2009
UPDATED: 8:37 pm EDT October 20, 2009
<snipped>
"Thank you everybody for helping me look for my baby," said Dina Thompson, Somer's mother, as she cried out in anguish. "And please pray for her that she comes home."

Dina Thompson, Somer's mother, cried out with an emotional plea asking for her daughter to be returned home.

The distraught mother pleaded with the public for the safe return of her daughter.

Timeline Included In Article Link!

Hundreds in the Orange Park community came together for a candlelight vigil Tuesday night, asking for Somer Thompson to come home.

Video: Uncut: Sheriff Talks About Search For Somer
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21350503/index.html

Video: Uncut: Somer Called 'Endangered' In Tuesday Afternoon Briefing
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21352846/index.html

Video: 7-Year-Old Orange Park Girl Missing
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21344324/index.html

Video: Team Coverage Of Search For Somer
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21353409/index.html

Article:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21354837/detail.html
VIDEO REPORT: Amber Alert For 7-Year-Old Who Disppeared Walking Home
http://www.wftv.com/video/21353803/index.html

Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 10-20-2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Added Video
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaD View Post
Cam... In the last video above that angel posted it showed a man out searching for somer and he was taking a trail like in woods.. he said that would be the way for her to go home... do you know if this is true? that looked spooky.... TIA
Oh let me go watch this....I have a feeling that this is the man that we saw today, that was posing for the camera...reminds me of another Murt....LOL....will let you know in just a min what I think...hang on.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:49 PM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
hey BB!
In my opinion no as to him being suspicious. That is only my opinion though.

This child was released from school and walked a half mile until she met up with her ten year old sister and her seven year old twin brother... someone got teased and she walked off... her home was four blocks from this point where she was last seen.

in between where she was last seen and where she lived (four blocks away) another abduction of a five year old was attempted ten days ago at the same time of the day! A witness saved this child, saw the car, noted a woman and two men in it, and took the child to her home. news4jax said they would be releasing the 911 tape but I have not seen it out yet.

Back to suspicion of SP: it has been reported that when the two children arrived home sans Somer, he asked where she was at and when they said she walked off he sent them back out to get her... and they looked for an hour. I think some wonder why he sent the children out alone but the more I think about it, he didn't have a reason to have hinky thoughts at this point and these same children walk to and from school on the same route every day... to top it off... that attempted abduction that happened ten days earlier two blocks from their house... was never reported to the school so that parents could be aware of it/take extra precautions.

The mother called home at four pm.. to see how her children were doing and when she heard that somer was missing she left work right away and went to LE post haste and the investigation was started.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
That's ok BeyondBelief, I'll recap for you

-His name is Sean/Shawn (I've seen both spellings) Patton and he's a "family friend" (being called that by LE and Somers mom) who lives with the family.

-The mother works, and Mr. Patton is home each day when the children (Somer, her twin brother, and her sister) get home from school.

-Yesterday, supposedly the sister and the brother come home around 3:05-3:10pm and he asks where Somer is. They tell them she ran ahead of them and he tells them to go out and look for her.

-Someone found a link to a company called Indigo Healing that he may own. http://indigo-healing.net/

-Someone else ran his information and found he is not a registered sex offender, and doesn't have any sort of criminal background (other than minor traffic things).
Do we know his birthdate or description?
I have a Shawn Patton born in 1978 with a criminal record in Florida.
More than traffic type things. Gang member, four assault charges and arresting with violence.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to impatientredhead For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Oh let me go watch this....I have a feeling that this is the man that we saw today, that was posing for the camera...reminds me of another Murt....LOL....will let you know in just a min what I think...hang on.
he had a big tall stick walking with it...

Sweet Angel Caylee

All I post is IMO
The Following User Says Thank You to MommaD For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:52 PM

I saw that there was a news conference or a news special scheduled for 8pm, but I've not seen anything else about it. Anyone have info?
The Following User Says Thank You to mom_of_five For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 PM
A little bit dangerous

Nothing suspicious on the guy. The only thing I could find were numerous traffic infractions in Duval County (speeding) going back a while. I'm afraid because of all the other things that have happened (Jessica Lundsford, etc) suspicion falls on a male in the childs life.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Well, the thing that has been nagging me finally got through. Why would Somer and her twin brother not go to the same school? Why would she have to walk a half mile by herself? I pray they find her safe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:55 PM

A child arrives home prior to normal time, ok, whats going on there. Other children sent away for an hour. Plenty of time for something to take place. They need to start checking septic tanks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_five View Post
I saw that there was a news conference or a news special scheduled for 8pm, but I've not seen anything else about it. Anyone have info?

I waited and waited for it to come on and never have seen it yet.. sorry can't help you..

Sweet Angel Caylee

All I post is IMO
Old 10-20-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
A child arrives home prior to normal time, ok, whats going on there. Other children sent away for an hour. Plenty of time for something to take place. They need to start checking septic tanks.

BB there have been so many conflicting reports on this.. one said him and the other children went to search.. I read the higher ups chart and looks like it was male and female abductors... said to check mcintosh fl...

Sweet Angel Caylee

All I post is IMO
Closed Thread