02.22.2011 Big Springs Search of Landfill

This appears to be the 2nd - at least - landfill search in Big Spring. Praying it's the result of a credible tip.

<snipped>
"We are looking at landfills," said Kampfer, adding Coleman's site has not been searched.
"We have searched in Snyder, Big Spring, Abilene and the one in Mitchell County," Kampfer said. "But no evidence has been found related to Hailey."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/?print=1

This appears to be the 2nd - at least - landfill search in Big Spring. Praying it's the result of a credible tip.

<snipped>
"We are looking at landfills," said Kampfer, adding Coleman's site has not been searched.
"We have searched in Snyder, Big Spring, Abilene and the one in Mitchell County," Kampfer said. "But no evidence has been found related to Hailey."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/?print=1

that was posted Jan 19th so hopefully something has happened between then and now if they returned. Hopefully a tip came in or something

Good Ol' Pete always good for a straight answer...

The search may be related to follow ups on a combination of both new leads and old leads, Kampfer said.

You just have to love this fluffy ol' marshmallow ;) If he had an old lead re: the BS landfill, then why didn't he follow it the heck up? 2 months, dude, 2 months!

MOO

Mel

I just shot a tweet to Richelle Carey on twitter (she is the news anchor on HLN) and she thanked me for the tip! I'm hoping to get NGrace on this!

You just have to love this fluffy ol' marshmallow ;) If he had an old lead re: the BS landfill, then why didn't he follow it the heck up? 2 months, dude, 2 months!

MOO

Mel

My apologies, the original article posted today indicated the BS landfill had not been searched - only abeiline and snyder. This case is making me carazy!

Also, if you have to pay $5.00 to access the BS dump, would SA even risk that?

http://www.mybigspring.com/pages/Landfill_Charges

Or...is trash from other areas transferred to that site.

Too many questions, too few answers.

Waiting patiently!

Mel

The search may be related to follow ups on a combination of both new leads and old leads, Kampfer said.

Old leads = body in landfill?

New leads = body in landfill?

Combination of same = body in landfill?

Action taken = search more landfills!

This guy is right out of Dickens -- any more vagueness/qualifiers and he'd be endangering the very foundations of language, no meaning left at all.

But what the hey -- here's hoping there's news!

s

Um, I don't want to sound disturbing, but maybe someone else was dumping something or bulldozing there and saw some type of evidence - bones, etc? That could be the "new lead."

We won't ever know unless they actually come up with something.

This child is somewhere around where she disappeared, I'm convinced. She didn't disappear into thin air. JMOO

This guy is right out of Dickens -- any more vagueness/qualifiers and he'd be endangering the very foundations of language, no meaning left at all.

s

Your comment is priceless! Actually made me giggle

s

If he reads here is probably LHAO at people trying to interpet him. And I think he likes exactly how he phrases things. Keeps perps scared enough and scratching their heads not knowing if he has something or not..

I hope that they got a crack in the case and that Hailey is found today! Two months later and they are just now searching? Let us all hope and pray something brought them there.

IIRC, they've searched the landfill before in the past. I can't remember the exact date or circumstances, but I'm sure one of our awesome WSers will be able to provide this.

I really don't think LE would search a landfill without a new lead. It's the most horrible kind of searching anyone ever has to do, and it puts the searchers in danger of diseases and being cut on sharp objects in other people's trash.

I really doubt a landfill search is just busy-work to make a show of trying to find Hailey.

If he reads here is probably LHAO at people trying to interpet him. And I think he likes exactly how he phrases things. Keeps perps scared enough and scratching their heads not knowing if he has something or not..
I actually never thought of it this way mother... very true dat!

If they are looking for a couch I think I'll just :banghead: or better still run out into traffic. JK, I think.

If they are looking for a couch I think I'll just :banghead: or better still run out into traffic. JK, I think.

I'm throwing my computer in the dump if they are looking for the couch.

CBS7 News / KOSA-TV
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer has confirmed Colorado City Authorities, along with Big Spring PD and Howard County law enforcement are searching the Big Spring city landfill after getting several new leads in the search for missing teen Hailey Dunn. We'll be live one CBS 7 News at 4:30, 5:00 and 6:00 with the latest.

http://www.facebook.com/CBS7News

I guess the couch could be considered a new lead, since we heard Billie say recently on the blog radio show that the couches were in the landfill, right?

I'm throwing my computer in the dump if they are looking for the couch.

Don't do that...the world needs computers with good people on the other end!

I hope they are looking for something/anything that helps to bring Hailey home. And I feel for the searchers. Landfills are.....unpleasant.

And I'll be right there with you.:banghead: I can see it now. Hey did you check out that couch before it was dumped? No, I thought you did! No, I thought you did! Nobody told me to check it out, did they tell you? Uh, huh, people on the web are wondering if it was checked out, huh, we might want to find it and check it out. You think so???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back