02.22.2011 Big Springs Search of Landfill

No they didn't - only abeiline and snyder. I was a little suprised by this (that they didn't search earlier) because didn't SA have to go thru BS at some point the day Hailey disappeared?

Could be wrong....

Mel

ETA: with 3 agencies there, this does sound like a serious tip IMHO.

Colorado City Police are being assisted by the Big Spring Police Department and the Howard County Sheriff's Office.

I don't think these three agencies mean anything, they all seem logical to me.

Hailey went missing in Colorado City...

They are searching the Landfill in Big Spring

Big Spring is in Howard County

In the Lori Hacking search there was numerous different police departments... fire departments and SAR involved. I remember about a dozen different agencies total. The area she was found in had not been covered with HRD dogs... but they were there with all the volunteers.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/595095560/Lori-Hacking--Her-body-found.html?pg=3

Salt Lake police asked for the help of other valley police departments for assistance, with dozens of police officers and firefighters from the area volunteering for the job.

Over the past three weeks, a search team of 20 to 25 people, dressed in overalls and steel-shanked boots, have combed through one-ton sections of garbage with pitchfork-like rakes and sometimes by hand.

Working 10-hour shifts and four-day weeks, searchers have cleared between 300 and 400 tons of garbage daily, said Eslinger, who himself was among the volunteers.

CBS7 News / KOSA-TV
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer has confirmed Colorado City Authorities, along with Big Spring PD and Howard County law enforcement are searching the Big Spring city landfill after getting several new leads in the search for missing teen Hailey Dunn. We'll be live one CBS 7 News at 4:30, 5:00 and 6:00 with the latest.

http://www.facebook.com/CBS7News

They probably just realized it had not been searched. jmo

I just walked in from the doctor's and my husband says, oh they found your little TX girl in that landfill? I screamed and then saw he had on the news where it showed they are SEARCHING for her, which I already knew...and gave him a piece of my mind...:(

I just walked in from the doctor's and my husband says, oh they found your little TX girl in that landfill? I screamed and then saw he had on the news where it showed they are SEARCHING for her, which I already knew...and gave him a piece of my mind...:(

My husband has done the same thing when he has just heard something in passing about a case. :maddening:

Now he knows he ASKS me what is going on with a case. He doesn't pretend to know because I will always know more than he does about them... and usually everything else too. But definitely about these cases! :innocent:

Don't you love that Hailey is "your little Texas girl" though? Kyron is known on a first name basis in this house... and also known as "your tree frog boy" or "your Oregon boy." :heartluv:

More info on search - http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/feb/22/dunn-search-continues-big-spring-landfill/?partner=yahoo_feeds

“They are following up on leads that they have developed over the past month,” said Pete Kampfer, Colorado City city manager and spokesman for the task force conducting the search for Dunn, who has been missing since Dec. 28.

“I’m not sure if they have cadaver dogs, but they do have dogs at the Big Spring landfill,” Kampfer said.

Texas Rangers, investigators from the Mitchell County District Attorney’s office and members of the Big Spring Police Department conducted the search.

The fact they are using dogs....instead of just themselves sifting/turning over stuff...makes me think the tip/s were convincing.....

God bless Hailey...

I so want Hailey found...it was my birthday yesterday...and i kept telling my husband all i wanted was for Hailey to be found but ...of all the places there are in America i just hope more than anything that she wasnt just discarded into a rubbish skip :(

“I’m not sure if they have cadaver dogs, but they do have dogs at the Big Spring landfill,” Kampfer said.

If they are NOT cadaver dogs, then what help would they be?

And why does he not know what kind of dogs are out there?
Geez, I have always had an almost unearthly trust in search dogs...but some of these cases lately, are driving me crazy. If they don't know how to use them or which dogs to use, why bother?

I e-mailed the author of the article on the KTXS site to ask about how long this search was going to last. She replied that is was "just a one day thing". That to seems like they were looking for something very specific and not just a needle in a haystack.

Again this was a reply to an e-mail from my personal account. I cannot link the e-mail as I do not want my personal e-mail address listed all over the net. So take this post as you see fit.

My husband has done the same thing when he has just heard something in passing about a case. :maddening:

Now he knows he ASKS me what is going on with a case. He doesn't pretend to know because I will always know more than he does about them... and usually everything else too. But definitely about these cases! :innocent:

Don't you love that Hailey is "your little Texas girl" though? Kyron is known on a first name basis in this house... and also known as "your tree frog boy" or "your Oregon boy." :heartluv:

Our husbands sound alike! Now he knows to ask about Caylee, Kyron, and Hailey. He often times asks me - what's going on with "your" cases - LOL. He doesn't get my fascination, but then again I couldn't sit and play World of Warcraft for hours either like he does!

Ya just gotta teach em -- sometimes the hard way :)

Hugs,

Mel

I so want Hailey found...it was my birthday yesterday...and i kept telling my husband all i wanted was for Hailey to be found but ...of all the places there are in America i just hope more than anything that she wasnt just discarded into a rubbish skip :(

What an unselfish and humble wish for your birthday - many hugs to you. Happy birthday to you my dear WS friend. May you have a faboo year.

:bdsong:

Mel

Is it a sad reflection on me, that I think I understand most of what Kamfer says (and why)?

The following is theory only.

Old leads.....cell phone pings/BDs presser putting SA in Big Springs.
New leads ...A person who saw or heard something about maybe a weapon being thrown out. Maybe a trash collector complaining about the weight of a particular can. Maybe someone saying they saw SA at the dump recently.

Maybe they are not looking for a body, and since we are now 8 weeks in, someone may have felt safe enough to get rid of evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back