120 TES Search Areas "Cleared". Yes or No ?

Do you feel all search areas of Interest are really "Cleared" ?

• Yes

Votes: 47 12.3%
  • No

Votes: 291 76.0%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 45 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote is no. I have the utmost respect for Tim and TES, but I just do not see how you can totally clear a search area so fast. And, nothing against the volunteers because I've been there too (not with TES clearly or on Caylee's search), but I know how some things get overlooked. A professional team of searchers would have a very difficult time feeling positive that they cleared an area so fast.
The Fl landscape is full of tangly brush etc. It's just too difficult to cover every square inch so effectively.

My concern is- our last search site consisted of a wooded area behind a subdivision. Several teams showed up and searched a portion. When we were going to complete a certain area I was told by a team leader we could not go in due to area being a "conservation area" and not to disturb. We were called off the search. I thought it odd, cause I am sure KC could have cared less and avoided the area. Seemed liked the more feasible area due to being behind a small playground w/parking area. So our search grid was not completed and no way considered "clear".

See, this is ONE of my major concerns! Does anyone honestly think that someone who is capable of murdering their own child would be worried about disturbing a conservation area? That area should have been searched! If I'm not mistaken the state has "ownership" of all conservation areas. I bet that they would have gladly given TES or anyone else permission to search every square inch considering the circumstances:confused:

I voted no, because they weren't here long enough. Why does Tim continue to cut out early? He never does what he promises. It's getting really old. There is so much B.S. going on in this case it's baffling. Is everyone in this for the money? What in the heck was Tim (not) thinking last night? That performance was sickening, IMO. I don't care what's going on behind the scenes. When TM is hobnobbing with Nejame and hugging and being sweet to cindy, and allowing her spy, Nejame in on all the search efforts, he and I are not on the same team.

I voted no.There is no way with the stories people who were there and searching that everything was cleared (more than one bad experiance with this search). I need to go find it again but there was an interview with TM where he even states how many of the 100 something areas were cleared and i believe he himself said 20something. I could be wrong on the numbers but I will go find this to link.

Wow, that is just ridiculous (of the TL) to tell you that ! We have conservation areas around my neighborhood that we walk through all the time! If it isn't fenced off and considered private property where you CAN'T get into the area, then it's all fair game for KC and searchers alike, IMO.

Sorry, I need to clarify. The team leader was informed by the "command post" via cell phone not to disturb the conservation area, he was dismayed as well. Something along the line of SO didn't realize the area was protected, they never would have sent us there.

Sorry, I need to clarify. The team leader was informed by the "command post" via cell phone not to disturb the conservation area, he was dismayed as well. Something along the line of SO didn't realize the area was protected, they never would have sent us there.

Ah! ok then. Shame on whoever told him/her to not let their team search then if they didn't confirm themselves that it wasn't accessible or allowed.

He'll probably be back several times. This isn't a 9 to 5 job.

I voted No, is an area ever 100% cleared? TM and Mandy have stated that they have returned to search sites up to 7 times.
TM stated a few weeks back he located remains 2 years after the person went missing.

Ah! ok then. Shame on whoever told him/her to not let their team search then if they didn't confirm themselves that it wasn't accessible or allowed.

If TES was searching areas that are of interest to OCSD you would think that all reserves or protected areas were ok'd prior to confirming search sites. IMO TES needs reorganized. The job they do is invaluable but only if it works. There's a cog in the wheel somewhere.

Definite no if you don't even flag a swimmy diaper.

To their defense, some of that area would be near impossible to truly clear, unless you took some sort of tractor through to chop the brush and thicket, then sifted through all that. In some areas, it would have taken an hour to "clear" one 3x3 foot space because of all the brush and bush and inches of pine needles. We "cleared" an acre in an hour. (Altho i've heard that they sent repeat groups in some areas, I still don't think those areas could ever be cleared unless there were thousands of LE spending weeks.)

That's NOT what I heard Tim say. Why even venture into this when it's not even what he said??

120 areas was what was planned to be searched but due to low turnout that didn't happen. There's enough unrest with all the goings on without this.

On NG last night, THIS is what Tim said.......

"I`m going to go to Tim Miller on this -- because of the torrential flooding rains in Florida to start with and they`d come back when they thought they could do some good.

Tim Miller, where did you guys go?

"TIM MILLER, HEAD OF EQUUSEARCH, RESUMING SEARCH FOR CAYLEE ANTHONY: In this search we did exactly what the sheriff`s department wanted us to do. [ We completed the areas that would be flooded.

GRACE: Extensive areas.

MILLER: Extensive areas. Many, many distractions. The search continues for Caylee every weekend to a smaller scale. We`re not going anywhere. When we`re going to go back there on a bigger scale, we`ll certainly be there with the best resources that we`ve got."

No one is TM bashing, we are just giving an opinion of the quick pull out. I think that is fair considering all the talk about the "search of the century". It's fair to have the opinion that all areas of interest could not have possibly been cleared in the time spent. It's just an opinion.

Even TES knows you can't "clear" an area. We researched areas and you continue to do so. I found a black duffle/suitcase under muck and leaves that 10 piars of eyes missed walking in fron of me. We'll "clear" areas once we find Caylee.

I call BS on this one. The very specific report I heard was out of around 125 areas - 25-30 were cleared.

Definite no if you don't even flag a swimmy diaper.

To their defense, some of that area would be near impossible to truly clear, unless you took some sort of tractor through to chop the brush and thicket, then sifted through all that. In some areas, it would have taken an hour to "clear" one 3x3 foot space because of all the brush and bush and inches of pine needles. We "cleared" an acre in an hour. (Altho i've heard that they sent repeat groups in some areas, I still don't think those areas could ever be cleared unless there were thousands of LE spending weeks.)

Exactly! I just don't understand it. I have been on a search consisting of LE, Coast Guard and hundreds of volunteers where we were searching for remains that would have washed ashore along the coast. We were given instructions to concentrate our search on the area where the water meets land & back 12 ft. onto the shore. Even with this small area to search and people searching on foot, by airboats & from the air - it took 3 weeks of DAILY dawn-dusk searches!

Right now after watching NG last night I feel this is more like a pizzing contest between the two search teams. I am so disgruntled that TM and LP are at odds right now. Who would have ever imagined that two respected gentlemen would be arguing back and forth especially in the public eye. I do not know who to beleive nor do I understand what they are doing. Furthermore now we are staying, now we are pulling out, all DRAMA that put the attention on the search teams NOT what they are doing but the teams themselves had more media play than the actual searches. PHEW didn't realize how pizzed I am about this.

No one is TM bashing, we are just giving an opinion of the quick pull out. I think that is fair considering all the talk about the "search of the century". It's fair to have the opinion that all areas of interest could not have possibly been cleared in the time spent. It's just an opinion.

I agree with you. A lot of people may think it is bashing TM, but it's far from that. I am still on TM's side and support TES 100%, but I think it would be silly for him, knowing the chaos that surrounded certain areas this weekend, to think that things have been thoroughly search.

Is there any link to where he actually is claiming that all 120 areas are cleared?

He'll probably be back several times. This isn't a 9 to 5 job.

Exactly Baznme!!!! I stated on another thread that it is almost unprofessional to start a job and not finish it. Also, If money is an issue...I sure do bet that traveling back and forth does add up. I wonder if TEQ pays for a certain number of people high up on the ladder at TEQ?! I bet they do and that right there can rack up big bucks, IMO. I respect what he has accomplish throughout his journey but with this case too many orginazations & agencies (TEQ, FBI, LE) appear to be under the influence of the KC Koolaid, if you ask me.

Right now after watching NG last night I feel this is more like a pizzing contest between the two search teams. I am so disgruntled that TM and LP are at odds right now. Who would have ever imagined that two respected gentlemen would be arguing back and forth especially in the public eye. I do not know who to beleive nor do I understand what they are doing. Furthermore now we are staying, now we are pulling out, all DRAMA that put the attention on the search teams NOT what they are doing but the teams themselves had more media play than the actual searches. PHEW didn't realize how pizzed I am about this.

Iowa, I know right?! It's almost like we are back in high school with all the "catty" back and forth.

My concern is- our last search site consisted of a wooded area behind a subdivision. Several teams showed up and searched a portion. When we were going to complete a certain area I was told by a team leader we could not go in due to area being a "conservation area" and not to disturb. We were called off the search. I thought it odd, cause I am sure KC could have cared less and avoided the area. Seemed liked the more feasible area due to being behind a small playground w/parking area. So our search grid was not completed and no way considered "clear".

Same for us. For illustrative purposes i will attached an example of an area one might have searched. The yellow line is the space that would have been searched. THe tons and tons of green is areas that would have been on restricted property and not allowed to be searched by the weekend search teams. Even if a group leader really, really, really wanted to check the long strip of road in the middle of the pic (starting with the blurry red arrow at the bottom and moving up), because KC could have backed her car up, tossed the bag over the fence, walked or climbed over, walked 200 yards back, and tossed the bag into the woods, the group would not have been able to do so, because team leaders were told not to go onto restricted areas not specifically authorized. Let's say there was a new lock on the fence, but it was like a cow gate, very easy to climb over. (Or it might have been unlocked at that time, and she could have driven up that road (way, way, way off the beaten path, no one uses that building and there's nothing around). But the hypothetical team leader followed the rules and did not enter that area, although it was clearly the best location to search of that quadrant, that would obviously leave lots of area that should be of interest.

Attachments

• loc 2.jpg
    loc 2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 106
I voted No too because if I'm not mistaken TM said 23 areas were covered and cleared.
That leaves nearly 100 that weren't. If I'm wrong I'll eat worms. Well not really but I'll take the knocks.
From what I heard him say is they cleared all the areas LE wanted. That leaves alot of area that she may have duped LE on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea