17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would the school know that the "empty" baggie was an "empty marijuana baggie"? Are they specifically marked?

It is pretty easy to tell if it had pot in it at one time. It smells like pot and has dusty residue left over.

BBM

What report? Do you have a link for this? First I've heard of it.

TIA

I provided a link during the discussion in the other thread.

Police found a single shell casing at the scene, and when they seized George Zimmerman’s handgun, a Kel Tel 9 mm, its magazine was full, according to a source close to the investigation. The only bullet missing was the one in the chamber, the source said.
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/n...ired_once_not_twice_by_crime_watch_volunteer/

It really bothers me that GZ is a criminal justice student, very near achieving his degree, if his friend Joe is to be believed.

This tells me that GZ had a more than passing familiarity with the specifics of the stand your ground law and would know exactly what to say and portray in order to appear to fall within those specifics. :moo:

wasn't Bundy a law student and didn't he act like a cop in Salt Lake City and his would be victim got away? I'm not saying GZ is like Bundy but it's not unheard of that victims are taken or detained by a person who says they are police or LE in some capacity. Trayvon didn't know GZ wasn't a Serial Killer or a kidnapper He was probably terrified when GZ approached him.

Because we don't know who started the physical fight, and there is evidence that Trayvon did. Following someone is not illegal and Trayvon could have escalated the situation by attacking GZ, at which point Trayvon would be on the offensive.

There is no evidence that Trayvon started the fight.

It really bothers me that GZ is a criminal justice student, very near achieving his degree, if his friend Joe is to be believed.

This tells me that GZ had a more than passing familiarity with the specifics of the stand your ground law and would know exactly what to say and portray in order to appear to fall within those specifics. :moo:

That's not true. I am a dual board certified criminal defense attorney, and until I wrote my blog the other night, I was unsure of the in and outs of the Stand Your Ground law. Especially since there are very few articles on what exactly t means.

Honestly, listening to many people here, it seems opinions are based on pure speculation so that they can continue to paint GZ as the bad guy.

After reading the information released by Sanford PD, I think GZ was completely within his rights to react the way he did.

This means Trayvon's father is lying about why he was suspended. I hope this family realizes horrible publicity works both ways. I am so disgusted right now, watching Al Sharpton on CNN - he's at a town meeting, in a church, asking for tithes for this family, insisting on $100 bills. You can't make this stuff up. Without the facts of the case, with all the hyperbole surrounding it by the media, CNN conducted a poll and 75% of those polled believe Zimmerman (with the 7 yr. old mugshot on the screen), believe he should be arrested. I'm beyond disbelief.

BBM

Well, I am aware of the facts of the case far beyond the "hyperbole" and I believe GZ should be arrested, too, believe it or not.

Yes, some coverage. That doesn't mean they're going to go nearly as in-depth into the law as someone in, say, a law program would. If it was mentioned at all, it was probably briefly mentioned because it appeared in some case they were looking at. To say that because he's a CJ student he knows the ins and outs of the law isn't necessarily true, to me. He could have just as easily found out as much about the law as anyone else with a CHP (or without, even).

Not being argumentative and again all is MOO. but a man who has expressed interest in pursuing a career in law enforcement, is near to achieving his CJ degree, carries a permitted weapon and by all accounts of friends and family is very interested in law enforcement, spent hours of his personal time patrolling his neighborhood while armed as captain of the neighborhood watch IMO has done a little research into this and other laws.

The opinions of other may vary, this one is mine.

GZ was looked over at the scene, no one has come out saying he was drunk or smelled of alcohol. I guess the first responders are also covering for GZ?

Except the bloody nose and swollen lip that law enforcement saw with their own eyes.

Unless of course you think he is diabolical enough to have struck himself in the face after the shooting so he could argue TM attacked him first.

This means Trayvon's father is lying about why he was suspended. I hope this family realizes horrible publicity works both ways. I am so disgusted right now, watching Al Sharpton on CNN - he's at a town meeting, in a church, asking for tithes for this family, insisting on $100 bills. You can't make this stuff up. Without the facts of the case, with all the hyperbole surrounding it by the media, CNN conducted a poll and 75% of those polled believe Zimmerman (with the 7 yr. old mugshot on the screen), believe he should be arrested. I'm beyond disbelief.

how do we know that what this reporter said is true...why would tm's teacher lie, she has no reason to. even he was suspended for an empty baggie that i guess must of smelled like weed, so what...it's not a violent crime, it's weed...most people want it legal...there is no reason to cover that up, it doesn't change anything....I would venture to guess that at least 60 to 75% of teenagers smoke weed...and if he is like some big stoner why did his drug test come out clean..makes no sense, i'm not buying it...

These threads are moving super fast, so I'm sorry if I just missed this, but did we ever hear if there was actually a 911 made by TM that night? Was it just a mistake by the reporter? TIA!

wasn't Bundy a law student and didn't he act like a cop in Salt Lake City and his would be victim got away? I'm not saying GZ is like Bundy but it's not unheard of that victims are taken or detained by a person who says they are police or LE in some capacity. Trayvon didn't know GZ wasn't a Serial Killer or a kidnapper He was probably terrified when GZ approached him.

Are 6'2"-6'4" males that are characterized as very athletic normally victims of kidnapping? It was my understanding that kidnappers generally go after smaller, weaker, less-aggressive individuals. JMO

That is just not true. Whether people accept it is a different story. The police seem to believe GZ's side of the story and witnesses corroborate it. I don't know how people can keep ignoring this just because they don't seem to want it to be true imo.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_arizona-iced-tea-suv-unarmed-black-teenager

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

how do we know that what this reporter said is true...why would tm's teacher lie, she has no reason to. even he was suspended for an empty baggie that i guess must of smelled like weed, so what...it's not a violent crime, it's weed...most people want it legal...there is no reason to cover that up, it doesn't change anything....I would venture to guess that at least 60 to 75% of teenagers smoke weed...and if he is like some big stoner why did his drug test come out clean..makes no sense, i'm not buying it...

BBM

Do you have a source for this?

http://marinadedave.com/ - there is a picture with drawing of where GZ's pick up was and where the shooting took place - http://transferstation.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/street-view-overhead1.jpg - imo, TM did not jump GZ near his vehicle.

Thanks for the links.

My point was to highlight the one area where, IMO, GZ's story can be used against him as he had to follow TM, with or without provocation, on foot. At that point, to my mind, it is no longer "standing" one's ground. IMO, OMO, JMHO, etc.

Because we don't know who started the physical fight, and there is evidence that Trayvon did. Following someone is not illegal and Trayvon could have escalated the situation by attacking GZ, at which point Trayvon would be on the offensive.

But GZ still instigated the event by following in the first place. The evidence and past history indicate he was obviously looking for a fight.

Either way, if he just reported it like he was supposed to - the kid would be alive today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther