17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you - but that quote you posted doesn't make any sense. A full magazine and a bullet in the chamber - then where did the bullet come from that shot Trayvon?

Glad they found the casing - wonder where it was and how well documented that find was?

JMHO

I already explained this. It implies that the actuation of the slide was retarded. Most likely by someone interfering with it. It's also probably why only one shot was fired instead of multiple.

That's not true. I am a dual board certified criminal defense attorney, and until I wrote my blog the other night, I was unsure of the in and outs of the Stand Your Ground law. Especially since there are very few articles on what exactly t means.

Honestly, listening to many people here, it seems opinions are based on pure speculation so that they can continue to paint GZ as the bad guy.

After reading the information released by Sanford PD, I think GZ was completely within his rights to react the way he did.

What information is that and why do you believe Zimmerman's words?

Except the bloody nose and swollen lip that law enforcement saw with their own eyes.

Unless of course you think he is diabolical enough to have struck himself in the face after the shooting so he could argue TM attacked him first.

And how does the fact that GZ sustained an injury prove that TM threw the first punch? How could that not instead illustrate an injury TM inflicted in self-defense?

Or is that just more speculation designed to paint GZ as the bad guy?

That is just not true. Whether people accept it is a different story. The police seem to believe GZ's side of the story and witnesses corroborate it. I don't know how people can keep ignoring this just because they don't seem to want it to be true imo.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_arizona-iced-tea-suv-unarmed-black-teenager

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

I agree. The death of Trayvon is a senseless and unnecessary tragedy. But the resulting witch hunt is frightening.

i just don't understand why the media is only distributing pictures of trayvon at 12yrs old. The picture's i've seen, show tats, gold teeth, and completely different image than what is being fed to us thru the media.

at this point, i just don't know what to think?

What about the boy in kansas city that was set on fire feb. 29th for being white? how come that's not being reported? This is all so crazy :waitasec:

That's not true. I am a dual board certified criminal defense attorney, and until I wrote my blog the other night, I was unsure of the in and outs of the Stand Your Ground law. Especially since there are very few articles on what exactly t means.

Honestly, listening to many people here, it seems opinions are based on pure speculation so that they can continue to paint GZ as the bad guy.

After reading the information released by Sanford PD, I think GZ was completely within his rights to react the way he did.

I agree - remember the 16 yr old on a trip with his school to a rally, he punched a bystander in the head and killed him, one punch. How do you know when to shoot someone who is beating you? How do you gauge just the right time to shoot?

In spite of the facts that are easily found by anyone actually wanting them, wild speculation continues and a man is in hiding with a bounty on his head.

I hope, if GZ is found to be telling the truth, and I think he will, there is just as much outrage at the media and the players in this circus.

Not being argumentative and again all is MOO. but a man who has expressed interest in pursuing a career in law enforcement, is near to achieving his CJ degree, carries a permitted weapon and by all accounts of friends and family is very interested in law enforcement, spent hours of his personal time patrolling his neighborhood while armed as captain of the neighborhood watch IMO has done a little research into this and other laws.

The opinions of other may vary, this one is mine.

Let's go back to what you said:

It really bothers me that GZ is a criminal justice student, very near achieving his degree, if his friend Joe is to be believed.

This tells me that GZ had a more than passing familiarity with the specifics of the stand your ground law and would know exactly what to say and portray in order to appear to fall within those specifics. :moo:

The implication is that because he is a CJ major, he knows the ins and outs of this law and how to best evade arrest and conviction. You've had myself, a former CJ major, say this is not true with regards to the program and a trial attorney saying that even he's not sure about the law (and he obviously has a law degree). If Zimmerman did any great research into the law, it would have been of his own accord and during his own free time. Something anyone irrespective of their major or occupation could do. My problem was more with the assertion that him being a CJ major means he knows this crazy stuff.

JMO

Are 6'2"-6'4" males that are characterized as very athletic normally victims of kidnapping? It was my understanding that kidnappers generally go after smaller, weaker, less-aggressive individuals. JMO
Dahmer and Gacy both had victims that tall

if it's true that zimmerman reached for his cell phone, maybe tm saw the gun and said ohhhhhhhhhhhhh no,,, i'm not going down without fighting...I know i would have fought for my life if somebody was stalking me for no reason and then i see a gun....dang right, I would have been slamming his head on the ground and doing anything else i could do...just a thought...jmo jmo and all that jazz

Perhaps GZ actually reached for a gun, and not the cell phone...:twocents: JMO

Except the bloody nose and swollen lip that law enforcement saw with their own eyes.

Unless of course you think he is diabolical enough to have struck himself in the face after the shooting so he could argue TM attacked him first.

Mr. Hornsby, thank you for taking the time to help us understand these things better. I am confused as to why the Stand Your Ground law doesn't apply to both men in this situation. If GZ, who is unknown to TM, is following him in the dark, and TM felt threatened, couldn't it be argued that he was within his rights to turn and face this stranger? Just as GZ can claim it if TM jumped him in doing so? This whole thing just seems to me to be something that snowballed out of control, if I can borrow that familiar phrase, and now a young man is dead.

But GZ still instigated the event by following in the first place. The evidence and past history indicate he was obviously looking for a fight.

Either way, if he just reported it like he was supposed to - the kid would be alive today.

So if someone follows a person it's an instigation, and it's ok for them to be attacked? No, I don't think so. GZ ideally wouldn't have followed TM, but if TM escalated the situation by attacking GZ, then all bets are off imo.

Mr. Hornsby, thank you for taking the time to help us understand these things better. I am confused as to why the Stand Your Ground law doesn't apply to both men in this situation. If GZ, who is unknown to TM, is following him in the dark, and TM felt threatened, couldn't it be argued that he was within his rights to turn and face this stranger? Just as GZ can claim it if TM jumped him in doing so? This whole thing just seems to me to be something that snowballed out of control, if I can borrow that familiar phrase, and now a young man is dead.

It could, but GZ isn't saying that. He is saying that he was walking back to his car when TM confronted him, asked if he had a problem, and when GZ responded no; TM said well you do now and decked him.

I'll say it again;

"Either way, if he just reported it like he was supposed to - the kid would be alive today."

But GZ still instigated the event by following in the first place. The evidence and past history indicate he was obviously looking for a fight.

Either way, if he just reported it like he was supposed to - the kid would be alive today.

So Trayvon's act of violence was justified?

Let's go back to what you said:

The implication is that because he is a CJ major, he knows the ins and outs of this law and how to best evade arrest and conviction. You've had myself, a former CJ major, say this is not true with regards to the program and a trial attorney saying that even he's not sure about the law (and he obviously has a law degree). If Zimmerman did any great research into the law, it would have been of his own accord and during his own free time. Something anyone irrespective of their major or occupation could do. My problem was more with the assertion that him being a CJ major means he knows this crazy stuff.

JMO

Thank you for pointing me to the error of my ways. My original post probably should have also contained the content of my second post on the subject, which explains how I arrived at my OPINION, more fully.

ETA It certainly was not my intention to imply that all CZ students have a special knowledge of the stand your ground law. It was only to express my opinion that THIS student IMO did.

So if someone follows a person it's an instigation, and it's ok for them to be attacked? No, I don't think so. GZ ideally wouldn't have followed TM, but if TM escalated the situation by attacking GZ, then all bets are off imo.

What past evidence suggests that GZ was looking for a fight. In all of the 46 other 911 calls he made, there is not one report that suggests he confronted a suspect in a hostile manner.

I'll say it again;

"Either way, if he just reported it like he was supposed to - the kid would be alive today."

That, or IF gun makers didn't make guns, or IF the Second Amendment didn't give citizens the right to bear arms, as you can see the IFs are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther