17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this!

His (Wolfinger's) own words - "to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest".

Huh? Now that you found that I do remember when I heard him say that I thought - WTH?

What conflict of interest? Does Wolfinger know GZ's family? I just don't get the "conflict of interest" part. He is a DA - he charges people with crimes all day every day - so what "conflict of interest" would be there for him to step down in this case?

JMHO - but that is a very odd and yet, very telling statement - iffen ya ask me.

I know my first thought when I read that was that he knew GZ's family somehow. I still think that's what it is.

George Zimmerman Video Shows Little Evidence of a Broken Nose, Doctor Claims

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...orge-zimmerman/story?id=16055412#.T3o7C6sV2Hc

But Dr. Vidor Friedman, president of the Florida College of Emergency Physicians, remains unconvinced.

"If somebody had been beating his head against concrete I'd think we'd see more obvious scrapes," Friedman said. He also said he would expect to see bandages on Zimmerman's head.

More significantly for Friedman was the condition of Zimmerman's nose.

"All of the ridges in his nose are clearly defined. You would expect significant swelling in the hour or two after a break. There appears to be none. It doesn't look like his nose was broken or badly broken," Friedman said.

JMO

But when Judges and attorneys recuse themselves from cases for "conflict of interest" it is usually that they personally know either the defendant or victim or their family; or they have a special interest (meaning they might have a financial stake in the business - if a business is involved; or they were a witness to the crime; or they live in the area the crime was committed - something usually personal between them and the case.

So, with that, again I ask - why would Wolfinger say "to avoid a conflict of interest" in this case?

Another old adage comes to mind - "the fish stinks from the head down" - but that is JMHO and only MHO.

This smells.

I think you know very well what I meant, and are making excuses. Didn't Trayvon also go hundreds of miles away from his friends and girlfriend when he went to visit his dad? Was that too, punishment???

My question still stands.
school suspension is a big deal to me....was this his third? being able to go out on suspension? I am not blaming the parents but my kids would be GROUNDED...no phone, no tv, no nada...

No he did not his dad lived in Miami Gardens, the same city as Trayvon. They together were visiting dad's fiance, as a way to get Trayvon away from friends/girlfriend.

bbm, really? to get him away from the gf? bet it was dads weekend to have him.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...orge-zimmerman/story?id=16055412#.T3o7C6sV2Hc

But Dr. Vidor Friedman, president of the Florida College of Emergency Physicians, remains unconvinced.

"If somebody had been beating his head against concrete I'd think we'd see more obvious scrapes," Friedman said. He also said he would expect to see bandages on Zimmerman's head.

"All of the ridges in his nose are clearly defined. You would expect significant swelling in the hour or two after a break. There appears to be none. It doesn't look like his nose was broken or badly broken," Friedman said.

If he did not examine GZ it is a moot point IMO.

Digging into our man Wolfinger...

Prosecutor Tougher If Victim's White

A 'Sentinel' Study Finds State Attorney Norm Wolfinger Seeks The Death Penalty Less Often When Victims Are Minorities.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...010269_1_wolfinger-death-penalty-sought-death

I was editing my DD's sociology paper for her and I think that is a national trend. One of the main points in her paper was that nationally that was a major statistic, that a very low percentage of Death Row inmates are there for killing blacks, even though over half of the murder victims in the US are black. IIRC

I fully realize and believe Mr. Martin is telling the reporter exactly what LE told him, but am wondering IF LE told Mr. Martin the truth.. Mr. Martin claims they lied to him about the circumstances that led to his son's death.. IF true, it wouldn't surprise me to learn they also lied about the location of his son's body too.. IIRC.. Mr. Martin claims he and his GF arrived home around 11:00 pm that night and there wasn't any sign of any kind of investigation going on... Roughly thats only about three and half hours after the fact.. When my husband died in our home LE was here for over four hours... JMHO...

As it turns out, looks like he's pretty darn close.

TMBodyLocation2.png

TMBody-1.png

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report.pdf

http://www.scpafl.org/

Attachments

• TMTwinTrees.jpg
    TMTwinTrees.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 13
Thank you for this!

His (Wolfinger's) own words - "to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest".

Huh? Now that you found that I do remember when I heard him say that I thought - WTH?

What conflict of interest? Does Wolfinger know GZ's family? I just don't get the "conflict of interest" part. He is a DA - he charges people with crimes all day every day - so what "conflict of interest" would be there for him to step down in this case?

JMHO - but that is a very odd and yet, very telling statement - iffen ya ask me.
You're dadgum right!

What I think is that we'll never know what happened that night. However, GZ's story is supported by the evidence. We can each decide whether to believe GZ is telling the truth or not. IMO, I just don't know and, with the evidence to date, I have to side with reasonable doubt.

Interestingly, even if you accept GZ's statement as the absolute truth, zero errors, he is still guilty by his own admission of at least manslaughter if not murder two. By his own admission he stalked this kid, at night, in the rain, even after the kid attempted to run away. The actions he admitted to would cause ANY reasonable person to fear for their life.

And with that in mind, even if Trayvon attempted to take him out first, Zimmerman loses any legal right to use lethal force. If you make someone believe that you intend to hurt or kill them, which is exactly what Zimmerman did, you don't get to kill them when they retaliate.

IN MY OPINION.

None of this had to happen. Zimmerman could have done what any reasonable concerned citizen would have done, he could have left it in police hands OR politely approached the boy in a non-threatening non-confrontational manner, keeping his distance, perhaps saying something like, "Excuse me, I am sorry to bother you, but I am the neighborhood watch and I noticed you were out in the rain. Do you need some help? Are you locked out? Do you live around here? Is there anyone I can call for you? No? You live right over there... that's great! Welcome to the neighborhood! My name is George and if you ever need any help don't hesitate to call me!"

What's up doc? Doing examinations by video, does he expect to be paid?

Hoo boy, so now the prosecutor is a racist who knows the Zimmermans and is on the vast conspiracy?
How would you interpret Wolfinger's statement when he stepped down citing "to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest"?

I just find that a very odd thing to say.

Interestingly, even if you accept GZ's statement as the absolute truth, zero errors, he is still guilty by his own admission of at least manslaughter if not murder two. By his own admission he stalked this kid, at night, in the rain, even after the kid attempted to run away. The actions he admitted to would cause ANY reasonable person to fear for their life.

And with that in mind, even if Trayvon attempted to take him out first, Zimmerman loses any legal right to use lethal force. If you make someone believe that you intend to hurt or kill them, which is exactly what Zimmerman did, you don't get to kill them when they retaliate.

IN MY OPINION.

None of this had to happen. Zimmerman could have done what any reasonable concerned citizen would have done, he could have left it in police hands OR politely approached the boy in a non-threatening non-confrontational manner, keeping his distance, perhaps saying something like, "Excuse me, I am sorry to bother you, but I am the neighborhood watch and I noticed you were out in the rain. Do you need some help? Are you locked out? Do you live around here? Is there anyone I can call for you? No? You live right over there... that's great! Welcome to the neighborhood! My name is George and if you ever need any help don't hesitate to call me!"

That's not how the law was interpreted by Richard Hornsby, and I think he is correct.

If he did not examine GZ it is a moot point IMO.

I would take HIS opinion far above the opinions of random others who insist that they can identify serious head injuries by the same means.....NONE of those people have any medical credentials at all to back up their opinions.

jmo

If the wound is not bleeding then many times they are not bandaged. Often wounds are allowed to stay unbandaged if they are not gaping.

Also, he says it may not be BADLY broken. So he cannot say it is not broken. My son broke his nose from falling face first , a face plant, right onto the sidewalk from a skateboard. There was very little bleeding and it was not very swollen. But the x-ray showed a slight fracture and it was tender to the touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500