17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then i guess I have low morals and ethics because I would absolutely spray any middle school bullies that I saw if they were going to pass me on their way to harrass a neighbor of mine. As I said, my husband did spray some kids who were about to throw eggs at my elderly neighbors home. I guess he has no morals or ethics either.

And it was NOT to punish them, it was to PREVENT them from throwing the rotten eggs at the windows. And we called the police and they apparently did not think we were attacking the kids at all. As far as I know it was not considered an assault on those kids.

There was no reason to spray them. You call the police if you deem it prudent and to the kids you say I see what you are doing there. You don't up the ante by raising things to another level.

It's a part of a routine verification procedure to confirm that the program is working correctly.... in simple terms.....

jmo

How about ruling people in? Does this work correctly?

So he says. How does him ruling false negatives means anything considering he hasn't matched that voice to anyone?

Two people were wrestling on the ground TM and GZ. The voice match was not GZ, who is left??? 2-1=1. jmo

no you don't walk by,you get the kids parents involved.

So you see a child being bullied, and you are going to off searching for their parents? Meanwhile the child will still be bullied.

Great childhood memory with family and friends around I'd imagine--I still like playing with the hose on a hot day too but for fun not to teach someone a lesson. There's a vast difference. IMVHO

I don't see a vast difference at all.

It means, that being squirted by a hose isn't very aversive. it's a little startling, a little eeks chilly, but mostly people do it for pleasure.

The thing itself isn't aversive. it's mildly surprising.

Recently there is a new product on the market for barking dogs. it's a collar that has a water squirter on it - when the dog barks, it gets a squirt of water in the face from the collar. it's considered very humane and such a clever relief from the old shock collars - and it's marketed that way. The dog barks, then acck a little bit of water.

There was no reason to spray them. You call the police if you deem it prudent and to the kids you say I see what you are doing there. You don't up the ante by raising things to another level.
Bingo! I'm Neighborhood Watch, and I'd be calling the non-emergency LE number to report the kids, not taking it upon myself to take action!!!

Hasn't it been determined that Zimmerman is covered under basic self defense laws, and neither SYG or Castle DOctrine laws apply?

Okay, we need an attorney other than Hornsby to explain this better than I can. Following in itself is not illegal, but by doing that it negates the standing your ground. George was not defending his home/castle, he was being the aggressor. TM was the one who was standing his ground when he was shot.

And what was his intent...to punish, because children surely do not learn to stop bullying when an adult uses a show of force on them just to teach them a lesson. jmo

Spraying people with garden hoses is much more often used in fun. People washing their cars will playfully turn the hose on one another, filling up the backyard pool they'll pick up the hose and squirt each other, kids randomly walk around with those mega water cannons and squirt unsuspecting kids.

I just don't see the upset here.

If kids were being cruel in my yard, and I had a garden hose in my hand, I'd squirt 'em!

The kids were not in his yard!

So you see a child being bullied, and you are going to off searching for their parents? Meanwhile the child will still be bullied.
No, you do it after the bullying has stopped! I was bullied for 3 straight years in elementary school. I only wish my mother had contacted the parents of the bullies!!!

Bingo! I'm Neighborhood Watch, and I'd be calling the non-emergency LE number to report the kids, not taking it upon myself to take action!!!

Linas, what if everyone did that? What if every time there was a disagreement in a neighborhood, or someone saw a child acting up, they called the police? Can you imagine the chaos? I can't imagine calling a non emergency police number to report kids calling another kid names.

It's like we, as a society, have totally abdicated our power and ability to handle life's little bumps along the way.

I believe if you click on a person's name and then view their profile, there's a link to the side that allows you to add them to your ignore list. This will keep you from viewing their posts, but they will still be able to view yours. And I believe they will not be able to PM you.

ETA: It's under the "user lists" dialogue in the public profile of the user you want to ignore.

Thank you

Well, my DH did have the hose in his hand when he first saw them sneaking up with their eggs. Spraying them was an impulsive decision but it worked great. And LE came out that night to talk to the kids. And guess what---we were NOT arrested nor scolded or warned by LE. They thanked us for calling them. So I guess spraying middle schoolers is not a crime.

Which would not disconnect his phone.

I never stated I thought it would disconnect the phone..GZ could have taken the phone and thrown it though.. BTW... Do we have any information as to where the phone is or who has the phone NOW? JMHO

no,you talk to the children,you find out who their parents are and then talk to them.I thought that is pretty mainstream and the common logical thing to do.I did it many times before.Didn't think it was rocket science to deal with kids that bully each other.Taking a water hose or some other way of physically confronting the children never crossed my mind.

Yes, and he clearly stated that he is working with the Martin family on finding a way to do that.

If the Martin's have TM's voice on a recent tape, IMO the FBI has it and has already done their tests so the Martin's may be waiting to hear from the FBI that it is okay to release them. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge