17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just counted...

14 hoodies in my 25 YO W/F daughters closet and 6 in my 4YO W/M GS closet.

Not ONE regular sweatshirt with no hood to be found.

Florida.

HTH,

DSN

ATTENTION PLEASE

I'd like to request you be courteous, and NOT sleuth the neighbors and the possible witness (John) to the incident. IF the MSMs can respect his privacy by not stating his name and not showing his face, that's what we should do as well, as responsible adults.

Yes, there was one witness who collaborated GZ's story. But we've seen what happens when the public becomes aware of anyone even close to supporting GZ, referring to the erroneous release of incorrect address for GZ and the threats, intimdations, including GZ's parents.

Until this gentleman elects to come forward, please respect his privacy. It is an important part of the story, as he did say he was originally outside and an eye-witness, but LE isn't talking about it now and neither are the msm's. So let's hold off discussing this witness.

tia
fran

Yes, SA did request that all information concerning this case be removed from the SPD website. Information concerning this request is on the SPD site.

Could it be that they removed the info because Trayvon was a minor/child under the age of 18?

This has nagged at me for a while now and I am just going to toss it out to see what others think…

At the age of 17, Trayvon was still legally a child. Why didn’t LE arrested GZ on suspicion of Child Abuse once they realized Trayvon was unarmed and under age of 18?

This guy was arrested for hitting 17 year-old (his daughter)…
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region...ad-charged-with-tackling-punching-daughter-17

Is there a possibility GZ be charged with Child Abuse?

JMHO~

Absolutely not. Trayvon's parents were divorced. Was he not supposed to visit with his father? Perhaps his dad had every other weekend visitation? If Trayvon hadn't been suspended and was just up visiting for the weekend, would it have made it a sadder story? How dare Trayvon be suspended from school, let's just murder him and be done with it.

< mod snip >

~jmo~

~jmo~

No, I'm not saying that at all. I was just thinking to myself that if it was a Sunday night then he would be getting ready for school in Miami and would not have been there. But, you're right it could have been spring break or a holiday but I don't think on that Sunday, Feb. 26th he would have been there at that time at that moment had he not been suspended. I'm just trying to turn back the clock that's all. I know, it sounds crazy...

BBM, Angelmom, ITA. We have a large extended family. My niece is a softball player at UC Santa Barbara, our youngest son plays football and baseball, our cousin is a basketball center for UC Santa Clara, etc..

In addition to the kids having their team hoodies, we have hoodies for each team to show our support at games. We also get the kids other hoodies because its cold in the mornings, but gets too warm for a coat in the afternoon. They can fold hoodies and put them in their backpacks.

I was done with this post but I had to add this...my fiance just walked in the room. He is a black male. 6', 185 lbs. He has on jeans and a black hoodie. He has a Glock .45 holstered on his waistband under his hoodie. I can't see it. I just know that because I know he doesn't leave home without it.

By GZ's description of a suspicious person, my fiance would definitely fit the bill. But in addition to the hoodie, the gun and Black skin, he also has a badge. He's a veteran cop in Richmond, CA, one of the most crime ridden cities in the country. He has never had to shoot a suspect.

Police officers are trained to deal with situations like the one GZ created. GZ was not trained but the law allowed him to carry a gun and make his own determination of when he should use it. I think the law makers are even more at fault than GZ.

GZ had no idea who he was following. It could've been a cop..or just a kid walking around. He automatically assumed the worst. You should never judge a book by its cover.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

For so many reasons...

You and I see it differently. I don't think that Zimmerman, who was carrying a gun, would choose to physically attack Trayvon. Makes no sense to me.

He would try to detain him, and he may not have thought that a kid would fight back. Even at 6'0 to 6'3 he knew that Trayvon was a kid...The gun gave him the power to do that...he knew he had the upperhand.

IMO

Yes. And that's how it worked out. Grappling is for fun, though, and the opponents don't have to defend their lives. They can "tap out" and the match stops immediately.

Too bad GZ couldn't do that.

Jenna T, your comment about "shooting to kill" reminded me of a question that I wanted to ask a few days ago. Why did GZ shoot to kill. Only cops are trained to shoot to kill? I think there is something delusional about GZ by those actions. Did he have to kill TM? He could have shot him in the foot and gotten his attention. It would have definately quelled the fight and by that time the cops would have arrived. Why did he aim for the kill?

I really wish we had an autopsy report. I would like to know what injuries Trayvon had, besides the fatal gunshot wound, because everything that has come out from George's side has made it seem like George just sat back and allowed Trayvon to beat on him and 45 seconds later, he had snapped out of it and grabbed his gun?

MOO

Jenna T, your comment about "shooting to kill" reminded me of a question that I wanted to ask a few days ago. Why did GZ shoot to kill. Only cops are trained to shoot to kill? I think there is something delusional about GZ by those actions. Did he have to kill TM? He could have shot him in the foot and gotten his attention. It would have definately quelled the fight and by that time the cops would have arrived. Why did he aim for the kill?

If what witnesses are saying is true and there was shouting before their wrestling match I can't imagine TM not telling GZ he was staying there. Would that have made GZ feel embarrassed when LE showed up? Would GZ have automatically assumed that TM was lying and TM tried to continue on home only to have GZ stop him? There really is a lot here that makes little sense. Only an investigation and trying to piece together the events can tell us what could have happened. I don't think we will ever get a straight story from GZ. He will never admit he made a fatal error in targeting TM. jmo

A Conversation With Trayvon Martin's Mother

I have no time for anger. I don't want to grant it a place in my heart. I simply want justice. I don't hate him and I'm not angry at him. But my son died and we deserve to know what happened. It's not for the police to determine justice. It's for the courts. And we'll stand by what the court says. But that's what I'm focused on. We want an arrest. But it's not out of anger or hatred. I have too much to do to be sidetracked with any of that. But when your son dies and there isn't even an arrest, it makes it so much harder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-shmuley-boteach/sybrina-fulton-trayvon-martin_b_1409832.html

My soul aches for her!

I'm going to keep hold of this article and repost it as necessary because this pretty much sums up what this family has wanted since day #1. Any parent would want the same.

Thanks for posting this!

No, I'm not saying that at all. I was just thinking to myself that if it was a Sunday night then he would be getting ready for school in Miami and would not have been there. But, you're right it could have been spring break or a holiday but I don't think on that Sunday, Feb. 26th he would have been there at that time at that moment had he not been suspended. I'm just trying to turn back the clock that's all. I know, it sounds crazy...

Plus it's right outside of Orlando and people visit that area to vacation at Disney all year round. Some parents don't aways wait until holidays, vacations to visit area family members when they want to visit DisneyWorld. jmo

It is much easier to shoot someone into the body mass than into the foot.
That's why policemen are trained to shoot into body mass. Why do you expect private citizen be able to shoot better than trained policemen?

I really wish we had an autopsy report. I would like to know what injuries Trayvon had, besides the fatal gunshot wound, because everything that has come out from George's side has made it seem like George just sat back and allowed Trayvon to beat on him and 45 seconds later, he had snapped out of it and grabbed his gun?

MOO

Well that funeral home director claimed he had none.

And what other reason would GZ have in telling op to have LE call him when they arrived, except that he knew he wasn't going to be in one place, but would be trailing TM!?

I can see that. I don't think that's the most likely, but I can see a situation where GZ may have put his hand on Trayvon's shoulder, although I don't think that's what happened. Maybe. It's possible.

That doesn't mean that GZ has to die for doing that. At the point where he was being pummeled, he had every right to shoot to kill.

This case is an example of two hotheads getting crosswise with each other. But that doesn't mean Zimmerman gives up his right to live.

I still fail to see the logic in a lot of this...one man is driving...one kid is walking...happens every day in this entire country. What makes this different is the man driving decides to get out of his vehicle with a gun and approach the walker with absolutely no valid reason to do so. He killed Trayvon..he knew he had a gun...what did he expect Trayvon to do? Stand his ground and let himself be abused for no reason? ^i^

That's why policemen are trained to shoot into body mass. Why do you expect private citizen be able to shoot better than trained policemen?

I don't expect private citizens to be shooting a people at all..unless their home or property is invaded and their own life is in danger ^i^

Well that funeral home director claimed he had none.

As I did when this funeral director came out with this information, I will wait for the medical examiner's autopsy report. No offense to the funeral director?

MOO

Attention Please!

I've seen lots of news links on this open thread for Trayvon. Did you all know we have a "Media Only" thread for this case as well? I'd like to invite you to post any news articles that you come across of this case at the link below. It's for no discussion, just links, please.

tia
fran

ETA, Oh, and I don't think I need to remind you of links we're not allowing. Only MSM, please, no blogs.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7764131#post7764131"]Trayvon Martin Shooting Media Thread - NO DISCUSSION - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

LE is trained to not shoot until necessary and to try to disarm the suspect if at all possible. But TM was not armed. LE also does have numerous ways to disarm and secure a suspect so shooting someone is a last resort. My son-in-law is a sharp shooter and could shoot the gun right out of someone's hand so why would he aim for the body mass. LE has to qualify regularily on the police shooting range so they don't have to kill suspects. It's really, really the last thing a police officer wants to do. And I know they receive extensive training on how to disarm a suspect. GZ did not have that advantage and that is another reason why he should have waited.

If TM were on top of GZ TM's leg would have been right there. That would have certainly put a stop to the wrestling because TM would have rolled off of him. I hate to say it but I think GZ knew exactly what he was doing and TM is not alive to give a conflicting story. IMO, GZ truly might have thought this was all going to blow over. jmo

NBC Fires Producer of Misleading Zimmerman Tape

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/nbc-fires-producer-of-misleading-zimmerman-tape/

NBC News has fired a producer who was involved in the production of a misleading segment about the Trayvon Martin case in Florida.
Similar article is HERE:
http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/54098132?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

...NBC's Today show first aired the edited version of Zimmerman's call on March 27. The recording viewers heard was trimmed to suggest that Zimmerman volunteered to police, with no prompting, that Martin was black: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

But the portion of the tape that was deleted had the 911 dispatcher asking Zimmerman if the person who had raised his suspicion was "black, white or Hispanic," to which Zimmerman responded, "He looks black."...

LE is trained to not shoot until necessary and to try to disarm the suspect if at all possible. But TM was not armed. LE also does have numerous ways to disarm and secure a suspect so shooting someone is a last resort. My son-in-law is a sharp shooter and could shoot the gun right out of someone's hand so why would he aim for the body mass. LE has to qualify regularily on the police shooting range so they don't have to kill suspects. It's really, really the last thing a police officer wants to do. And I know they receive extensive training on how to disarm a suspect. GZ did not have that advantage and that is another reason why he should have waited.

If TM were on top of GZ TM's leg would have been right there. That would have certainly put a stop to the wrestling because TM would have rolled off of him. I hate to say it but I think GZ knew exactly what he was doing and TM is not alive to give a conflicting story. IMO, GZ truly might have thought this was all going to blow over. jmo

Thanks LambChop. Apparently GZ did believe this would blow over because that's what Joe Oliver told ABC news in an interview.....

"Because he was there and he knows what happened...he's been very confident - naively - that this would all blow over," Oliver then continued saying Zimmerman is "just now realizing not just how big this is for him, but how big this is for the country."

(article here)
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...120325_1_abc-news-arizona-iced-tea-joe-oliver

(video here)
http://globalgrind.com/node/828929

(additional link to video)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW5BQs6tCdA"]Trayvon Martin Shooting: Joe Oliver Discusses His Friend George Zimmerman - YouTube[/ame]

It's naive for Zimmerman to think that it was just going to blow over but I guess he thought his story was going to be so air tight that no one would dare second guess him. Guess things haven't worked out quite so well in this regard.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member