17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG...........on NG, Trayvon's mom is speaking in the PRESENT tense about her son and his wishes...the Prom, Sr. Pictures, College.

Yep, bringing me to tears!

Me too. :(

I will be sure to pray for this family as the days go by.

Speaking of running, I'd really like to know how fast Zimmerman was running as he was hunting Trayvon down. From the 911 call, it sounds like he was going pretty good because of the wind hitting the phone.

~jmo~
BBM

Exact same sound I hear when my friend calls me from her cell phone from just outside her back door when she goes out for a smoke. Standing or sitting. Not running. JMO

Well I would expect he did, poor Georgie the LE are picking on him and his arse is sitting in a jail cell, how unfair, boo hoo.

I don't believe for a moment if GZ cried that he was crying because he was locked up. I truly believe he feels awful for having shot TM. I've seen this firsthand with police, fire rescue and anyone else who has either taken a life or lost a life right in front of them. Many/most people break down and cry after the initial shock is over.

Unless you have been witness to it, you can't possibly understand the stress reaction and it's release immediately following.

At this point, no matter what GZ did or didn't do that night it will be looked upon by some as being less than genuine. I realize and understand I'm one of the few here trying to not only understand TM's human condition but GZ's as well.

While I do not know all the details about Sybrina and Tracy's relationship, I can't help but wish that they would get back together. Wouldn't that be something? I wonder if Trayvon wished for that as well?

~jmo~

I just love the fact they no matter what differences they had in the past....when the were faced with this nightmare.....THEY CAME TOGETHER....AND THEY HAVE STOOD TOGETHER EVER SINCE.

MAY GOD BLESS THEM.

Do you think it is possible that Zimmerman knew an arrest was coming therefore set up that website in order to get money for a possible bond if there was one?

Considering the behavior of the two clowns that held the presser to announce that they were no longer representing him...I think for once he made a solid decision, since I do not believe that either of them were fit representativesl,

I don't know if he knew or believed that an arrest was eminent, but he had to know that it was a strong possibility, so he likely set it up to get money not only for a possible bond, but for a defense fund as well...

The average temperature in Sanford Florida in FEBRUARY is no where near 100 degrees.....the average high is 73 degrees and the average low is 51 degrees

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/32771

The all time record high for February is 89 degrees.....it has NEVER been 100 degrees there in February during recorded weather history.

Excuse me then, let me put it another way. We wear shorts down here during the day in Dec, Jan, Feb.. some days it will be 77 and then go down to 40 degrees at night, which feels even colder when the wind blows. When you are used to HOT weather, anything less than 60 feels cold with the windchill. Plus they had rain.

Usually when you are told "we don't need you to be doing that" and then a few seconds later the dispatcher is telling you that they have "officers on the way" it would pretty much mean the same thing? GZ said okay, so the dispatcher didn't feel the need to pressure the issue any further... I wish he had... but he clearly tells Zimmerman that officers are on the way when they feel he has stopped following Trayvon after replying "okay."

True, and after all GZ spent over another minute and a half on the phone with the dispatcher giving directions for where LE was to meet him - only at the very end of the call does GZ shift to having LE call him.

IMO, JMO, etc.

Exactly what laws do dispatchers enforce? Do they have arrest powers? Can they write a ticket or issue a citation? I would call them civil servants, but I'm pretty sure referring to them as "law enforcement" anything is a little disingenuous. They also dispatch FD and EMS, but I wouldn't call them "firefighting personnel", nor would I call them "emergency medical personnel".

Well #1 GZ did not call 911, he called the POLICE non-emergency number, the dispatcher answering that phone gets their pay check from the county/local police department, therefore making them an employee of that law enforcement agency. Therefore they are law enforcement personnel.

reposting a previous response: Here's the policy from the ME's office for Seminole County: "What is "Legal" Identification?
In every death which might result in criminal charges (homicide, DUI, etc.) a legal identification of the deceased is necessary. This identification is done by an acquaintance who is not related to the deceased and who has known him or her for one year. Relatives are not used so that later court proceedings are not overturned on a "technicality" of having emotionally distraught family members influencing a jury decision."

http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/coms...x?ref=#legalid

Rather the same manner applied in MANY ME's offices throughout the States, as noted, MANY, not able to quantify this policy as for ALL. IMO

I wonder who identified him at the morgue then, and if they were correct in that it was Trayvon. .. something else to ponder.

I understand. So I am asking: how did you reach that opinion?

I think I answered that in my previous post. However, Zimmerman was instructed not to get out of his vehicle, he was in pursuit of Trayvon, he drew his weapon, shot, and killed him. All it takes is 1 second to determine premeditation and I feel like Zimmerman was of the mind that night that this particular "a$$hole wasn't going to get away," and further made his intentions perfectly clear when he murmured "*advertiser censored***** coon" under his breath. Considering the above and the fact that Trayvon was a minor, I feel like 100% it was premeditated murder.

This is the wonderful thing about the USA, we can all have our very own opinions.

~jmo~

Well #1 GZ did not call 911, he called the POLICE non-emergency number, the dispatcher answering that phone gets their pay check from the county/local police department, therefore making them an employee of that law enforcement agency. Therefore they are law enforcement personnel.

And to add to that...the non-emergency number still rings into dispatch.

Sent from my LG Esteem using Tapatalk2

A janitor that works in the building can walk around and say they're "law enforcement personnel"?

lol, okay.

Exactly what laws do dispatchers enforce? Do they have arrest powers? Can they write a ticket or issue a citation? I would call them civil servants, but I'm pretty sure referring to them as "law enforcement" anything is a little disingenuous. They also dispatch FD and EMS, but I wouldn't call them "firefighting personnel", nor would I call them "emergency medical personnel".

When they are dispatching they are doing just that whether they are regular LE or police department personnel. They do not arrest while on dispatch, that is up to patrol officers. They do, however, have the power to instruct you what to do. They can give you life saving instructions same as patrol and they can give you instructions as to what to do in a life threatening situation. All they require is that you listen to what they are asking you to do and when you acknowledge that you understand they expect you will heed their advice. They are the lifeline to their fellow officers as they are the ones that tell the responding officers what to expect when they get to the scene. GZ left out some very important information and in doing so put dispatch at a disadvantage because they assumed GZ understood what he was suppose to do.

As adults we all know what that dispatcher was asking GZ to do. jmo

I just finished reading the charging affadavit.

Question, since O'Mara asked for the case file to be sealed and the prosecutors agreed, does that mean we won't be seeing anymore?

I wonder who identified him at the morgue then, and if they were correct in that it was Trayvon. .. something else to ponder.

HIS FATHER identified him from a picture on an officers cell phone, and at the morgue.....and it would seem likely that the hundreds of family and friends at his funeral most likely recognized him!

jmo

Excuse me then, let me put it another way. We wear shorts down here during the day in Dec, Jan, Feb.. some days it will be 77 and then go down to 40 degrees at night, which feels even colder when the wind blows. When you are used to HOT weather, anything less than 60 feels cold with the windchill. Plus they had rain.

I really feel temp comfort depends on each individual person. My son lives there and judging by the pictures he posts or sends he wears shorts and sandles year round, occasionaly see him in a jacket or a hoodie in the evenings, LOL still in the shorts and sandles....same with his gf and most of his other friends he hangs out with that are pictured. Although I am sure there are those who do feel cold when the temp is in the 60's, just not everyone. :)

imo

I just love the fact they no matter what differences they had in the past....when the were faced with this nightmare.....THEY CAME TOGETHER....AND THEY HAVE STOOD TOGETHER EVER SINCE.

MAY GOD BLESS THEM.
Those two are a couple of the strongest and gracious people I have ever observed. I admire them so much.

I'm praying for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member