17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we've determined GZ was not a Neighborhood Watch Captain, right?

Not sure. (?)

vvv

Plus, lawyers say, Exhibit A would be a newsletter sent by the association to residents in February, the same month as the shooting. It said Zimmerman was the go-to person for residents who had been the victims of a crime.

Under the heading "Neighborhood Watch," the newsletter's message recommended that residents first call police and then "please contact our Captain, George Zimmerman ... so he can be aware and help address the issue with other residents."

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...n-could-be-sued-trayvon-martins#ixzz1sLtQhyg1

Oh! Did you ever get the designer straitjackets manufactured? I want one! There's even a straitjacket wedding dress I saw online!

(btw, it bugs me when I don't get "inside jokes," so the straitjacket joke goes back to the Amanda Knox threads when we all thought we were going to literally go insane)

OMG

I thought I had designed one specific for you!!! How remiss of me :)

I have one just waiting for you. Just to let you know I have put the number 10 million on it before you will have to consider standing in line to purchase her book. I mean not purchase it :giggle:

Good to see you flourish :)

ETA OT JK's book has been released and I thought you might want to know that

RBBM

I don't think from the majority of posts I have read that people are trying to compare the two injuries (maybe some are).

From what I have read in posts they are trying to point out the possible consequences of a head injury.

I believe her name is brought up simply for the fact that it is a name that many people do recognize and know the sad circumstances of.

Folks have discussed it both in terms of the idea that "sometimes people don't think their injuries are as serious as they are" and also in terms of the idea that "if GZ was really so injured it was life-threatening, then he should have sought medical care--NR is a cautionary tale."

To me, that appears to be comparing the two different situations. When it comes right down to it, though, NR wasn't allegedly purported to be so frightened that she'd end up unable to care for herself and THEN refused further medical treatment. GZ was allegedly so frightened he had concerns about the condition he'd be in as a result of the alleged head injury and THEN allegedly did not feel further medical treatment to be necessary.

I don't know if I'm successfully getting my point across...NR wasn't concerned and then died as a result of her injury. GZ supposedly was concerned but didn't seek additional medical assistance, and did not die from his injury. I suppose I feel that basically any discussion of NR at this point in the GZ case is pointlessly off topic. IMO.

Nice to see you, btw, Allusonz:)
eta: I like purple paisley fabrics...
and LOL, you're correct, I won't be standing in any lines to buy her book...if I wanted it I could only have to wait one second once it's available on Kindle...but I'll be skipping it;)

I do have a question, when the earphones are plugged into the phone, if the earphones come disconnected, does that end the call? Or does a button have to be pushed to end the call?

Seminole State also offers an associate's program in criminal justice... It doesn't seem that an associate's is necessary to take any of the classes or pursue that as a course of study.

BBM.

Actually, it appears that taking the AA General Studies course is pursuing CJ as a course of study.

Here's the university's own wording:

Seminole State's Criminal Justice Institute prepares students for careers in public safety and law enforcement. As student in one of our college-credit degree programs, you will receive the comprehensive training and education you need to enter the field or continue on to a four-year college or university.

A.A. Degree Programs
A.S. Degree Programs
College Credit Certificates

It lists the AA program as one of the avenues to a "enter the field" or "continue on to a four-year college or university." Follow the university's own links and it shows that the A.A. General Studies falls under the banner of their CJ program.

Well, usually I try to take everything, that we have, into account and come to the most reasonable, IMO, thing that could have taken place. I can see the cord to the earphones becoming disconnected as someone pulls at your jacket or arm and the cord becomes intangled with the movement and disconnects from the phone? The phone was in his pocket and as far as we know, it was still in his pocket when police arrived... where were the earphones?

MOO
IMO It could disconnect regardless of who made the first contact. JMO

ETA: OT but I am totally cheating on my husband Maks with Will (the beautiful Cuban man) on DWTS!!

I have no idea how you got him away from my 74 year old mom!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

IIRC, they can and will most likely be called to testify about what GZ told them. If someone is talking to you about themselves then it's not hearsay? That's the way it was explained to me.

I wonder what kind of relevant questions a prosecutor could ask GZ's family. And what kind of answers would the prosecutor expect in return. Total truth or evasive answers? Or a mixture of both?

BBM.

Actually, it appears that taking the AA General Studies course is pursuing CJ as a course of study.

Here's the university's own wording:

Seminole State's Criminal Justice Institute prepares students for careers in public safety and law enforcement. As student in one of our college-credit degree programs, you will receive the comprehensive training and education you need to enter the field or continue on to a four-year college or university.

A.A. Degree Programs
A.S. Degree Programs
College Credit Certificates

It lists the AA program as one of the avenues to a "enter the field" or "continue on to a four-year college or university." Follow the university's own links and it shows that the A.A. General Studies falls under the banner of their CJ program.

FWIW, as a professional student (at least that's what my stepmonster likes to say), I've been able to take classes outside of my major. I took a ton of criminal justice classes at a local community college, and I don't even know if I had to pick a major...I realize this is not the same situation as GZ, and that his school is about as far away from me you can get and still be in the U.S., but when people asking me what I was studying, I would tell them CJ, because that's what most of my classes were about.
Again, note my big FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH:)

IMO It could disconnect regardless of who made the first contact. JMO

That is true, but I also have to put into account the person who was looking for a confrontation with an "*advertiser censored**hole" and a "*advertiser censored**king punk" and that the person he accused of being those things was actually running away from a confrontation. If Trayvon would have had a problem with George looking at him sideways... we would have heard him cussing George out when he was on the phone with LE... It is obvious to me that Trayvon was not looking for a fight... George was.

MOO

FWIW, as a professional student (at least that's what my stepmonster likes to say), I've been able to take classes outside of my major. I took a ton of criminal justice classes at a local community college, and I don't even know if I had to pick a major...I realize this is not the same situation as GZ, and that his school is about as far away from me you can get and still be in the U.S., but when people asking me what I was studying, I would tell them CJ, because that's what most of my classes were about.
Again, note my big FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH:)

Similarly, I used to be a CJ major and psych minor until I transferred schools. Then I chose to switch to a psych major. My school didn't offer CJ as a minor at the time, but because I had the credits from my previous major and knew I would add it when they approved it (the next year), I did tell others I was a Psych major and CJ minor. It was a more expedient method than explaining what I just did.

JMO

Well, usually I try to take everything, that we have, into account and come to the most reasonable, IMO, thing that could have taken place. I can see the cord to the earphones becoming disconnected as someone pulls at your jacket or arm and the cord becomes intangled with the movement and disconnects from the phone? The phone was in his pocket and as far as we know, it was still in his pocket when police arrived... where were the earphones?

MOO
BBM
Do we know that Trayvons phone was found in his pocket? I've heard a lot of rumors about what kind of phone he had, were the phone is now and no factual information about it.

Could it be that Trayvon knew Zimmerman was Neighborhood Watch? According to this, in Seminole County Fl., the neighborhood watch patrols had marked patrol vehicles.

http://www.seminolesheriff.org/external/InfoSitepage.aspx?pageID=186

Zimmerman was not supposed to be doing patrols and he certainly didn't drive a vehicle with neighborhood watch on it. Citizens on Patrol is the group that patrols in specially marked vehicles.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T44f56s1_TC

~jmo~

Similarly, I used to be a CJ major and psych minor until I transferred schools. Then I chose to switch to a psych major. My school didn't offer CJ as a minor at the time, but because I had the credits from my previous major and knew I would add it when they approved it (the next year), I did tell others I was a Psych major and CJ minor. It was a more expedient method than explaining what I just did.

JMO

I'm majoring in the fine art of "sleuthing" at the "University of Websleuths." :floorlaugh:

BBM
Do we know that Trayvons phone was found in his pocket? I've heard a lot of rumors about what kind of phone he had, were the phone is now and no factual information about it.

You're right, it's just things we've heard as we haven't really had any official reports on what was found in Trayvon's possession, but I could have swore it was ice tea, skittles, twenty-two-dollars and his phone? I don't remember where I would find an article on it now... so I will just say it's my memory and MOO.

That is true, but I also have to put into account the person who was looking for a confrontation with an "*advertiser censored**hole" and a "*advertiser censored**king punk" and that the person he accused of being those things was actually running away from a confrontation. If Trayvon would have had a problem with George looking at him sideways... we would have heard him cussing George out when he was on the phone with LE... It is obvious to me that Trayvon was not looking for a fight... George was.

MOO
It is not obvious to me that GZ was looking for a fight, either; I have no knowledge that he was seeking a physical confrontation, much less plotting and strategizing how to murder a "kid" in cold blood as some have asserted.

The disconnection of the call with the GF was being discussed, specifically that it could have been disconnected if TM were attacked by GZ. I was simply pointing out that the phone connection could have been dislodged in an altercation regardless of who made the first move. GF says she heard TM confront GZ verbally. GZ says TM confronted him physically. I don't know what actually happened b/c I wasn't there. JMO

You're right, it's just things we've heard as we haven't really had any official reports on what was found in Trayvon's possession, but I could have swore it was ice tea, skittles, twenty-two-dollars and his phone? I don't remember where I would find an article on it now... so I will just say it's my memory and MOO.

Thanks. I remember the ice tea, skittles and the $22 but not the phone. I may be mistaken.

Could it be that Trayvon knew Zimmerman was Neighborhood Watch? According to this, in Seminole County Fl., the neighborhood watch patrols had marked patrol vehicles.

Respectfully, Citizens on Patrol is not the same thing as Neighborhood Watch IMO. The latter does not involve marked vehicles.

Seminole County Citizens on Patrol

Seminole County Neighborhood Watch Program
http://www.seminolesheriff.org/external/InfoSitepage.aspx?pageID=71

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors