17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all this talk of MOM saying her name has been BS. :waitasec:

What kind of people do this?
Well....

Actually, it could have been an honest mistake. Trying to give the benefit of the doubt here. ;)

Mainly I'm stunned that I (and so many others) blindly accepted it and ran with it.

JMO

I guess I don't see much difference in saying something yourself, or trying to get someone else to say it...and then getting busted in the middle of it by an objection.
Well, for starterts... I'm pretty sure it was never said to begin with. That's a huge difference right there.

Maybe I am being picky about this but is it possible to use another word to describe whatever one may think is happening to MOM instead of killed? We are after all talking about a case where the defense is trying to protect a man that actually killed a teen male.

As far as any misinformation that is here, that does go both ways. I remember that there have been many instances of misinformation concerning the Martin family and their lawyers as well. I doubt very seriously that anyone would knowingly print any misinformation. Mistakes do happen, as we are reminded when a lawyer or family member makes one in this case. Also, we have seen that even the media themselves make mistakes so taking their printed word as gospel is never a great idea.

MOO

I guess I don't see much difference in saying something yourself, or trying to get someone else to say it...and then getting busted in the middle of it by an objection.

Trying to get someone to say something is a typical lawyer trick, no matter who it is. That's not on the same level of actually saying what is supposed to be confidential in a courtroom yourself if your the lawyer.

That is not a complete transcript, they say some other things, MOM asks if he doesn't know the name and the investigator says he has access to it and something that I can't really hear before the objection.

There are many things left out of this transcript, for instance every time they took a break for a commercial, none of that exchange is in there. O'Mara mumbles something under his breath which could very well be the minor's name. Irregardless of whether he says it or not, the implication is there and he had absolutely no reason going there. He's supposed to be a professional but sadly, he's not.

~jmo~

He may have been apologizing for letting a question slip out, that if answered, could have resulted in her name being spoken in court.

Video
http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815
at 1:16.

JMO

Thanks to Desdemona's link they provided, I replayed the video portion several times. Although I can't understand exactly what Mr. O'Mara is saying at the exact second. By the Pros Attorney immediately rising and saying, "I object to the identity of this witness being revealed and ask that it be stricken from the record." and then followed by Mr. Omara's immediate "I apologize...."

I admit, I was wrong, the defense attorney did say the witnesses' name and the media did NOT 'edit' it out of the video. Actually surprised, myself, because I'm sure someone in the public with the proper equipment could make it audible.

Mystery solved, IMHO. The defense attorney did accidentally say the person's name, apologized for it and most likely removed from court transcripts, but the media left it in for all to see, hear (if you can!)

Thanks Desdemona! Gonna go find some hot sauce for that crow and take care of some pressing business, offline!

:seeya:
fran

Maybe I am being picky about this but is it possible to use another word to describe whatever one may think is happening to MOM instead of killed? We are after all talking about a case where the defense is trying to protect a man that actually killed a teen male.

As far as any misinformation that is here, that does go both ways. I remember that there have been many instances of misinformation concerning the Martin family and their lawyers as well. I doubt very seriously that anyone would knowingly print any misinformation. Mistakes do happen, as we are reminded when a lawyer or family member makes one in this case. Also, we have seen that even the media themselves make mistakes so taking their printed word as gospel is never a great idea.

MOO

BBM

It's a figure of speech that I usually use. I apologize if it offended you.

Well....

Actually, it could have been an honest mistake. Trying to give the benefit of the doubt here. ;)

Mainly I'm stunned that I (and so many others) blindly accepted it and ran with it.

JMO

Why has this lie been allowed to continue here like this?

Well, for starterts... I'm pretty sure it was never said to begin with. That's a huge difference right there.

Just as you say you are SURE it was never said, there are people on the other side who say they are SURE it was said.

~jmo~

Let's be fair here. That knife cuts both ways, ya know. IMO

But I've heard that misinformation about GZ harassing AA children all over the place. On boards and blogs outside of WS and it drives me crazy because it takes a call made out of concern for a child's safety and turns it into something evil. And it bugs me to no end because people should call in concern for children who are in an unsafe environment.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Which impression would that be? You don't think the investigators have a file folder that lists the people they're going to want to testify for them? How are they going to call these witnesses if they don't know their names?
I plead the "5th point oh." :blushing:

(That's the one where I respectfully decline to answer the question(s) on the grounds it may tend to lead to a debate that could get me in trouble with a mod or admin.)

JMO

There's very little evidence to suggest that such a "syndrome" or complex exists.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6501633.stm

Well, there might be little "Scientific" evidence, I can't speak to that. However, I can give you pages of anecdotal evidence from my own experiences. I have found that short men either love tall women or they are intimidated by them. (I prefer the ones who love me. LOL) I think it's the same in other aspects of their lives. A gun might have the effect of making them feel six feet tall. IMO it certainly did make GZ act as he wouldn't have done without the gun to, shall we say, equalize things?
I can't prove it, so IMO etc. etc. etc.

There are many things left out of this transcript, for instance every time they took a break for a commercial, none of that exchange is in there. O'Mara mumbles something under his breath which could very well be the minor's name. Irregardless of whether he says it or not, the implication is there and he had absolutely no reason going there. He's supposed to be a professional but sadly, he's not.

~jmo~

Imagine that...Portions of transcripts left out and edited..Videos enhanced and probaly photoshopped...Who would have thunk? JMHO

Well, I posted this on April 23rd and was basically ignored, so....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7822478&postcount=66"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31[/ame]

I just tried listening to it and I can't make out what he says after MOM asks how did he (Osteen) get it' and the detective says 'he interviewed the witness'.

That part is not redacted, you would definitely be able to tell if that part was missing and I can't see where it was.

Let's be fair here. That knife cuts both ways, ya know. IMO

BBM

I second the motion. Fairness is greatly appreciated and most desirable in a volatile case like this. IMO.

:peace: For me personally, the discussion is much more productive/informative/enjoyable with more fairness and fewer knives all the way around.

JMO

So it's basically inconclusive as far as my own ears are concerned. I can't tell whether MOM said it or not because I can't make out everything I hear on that tape but I can tell he was trying to make the investigator say it.

Just like those who say George Zimmerman has told (at least) five different stories yet ignore requests to show links.

Well....

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member