17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my son's ex-GF attacked him, the cop insisted on taking pictures of the bite marks on his back even though my son did not want to press charges. (The neighbors had called the police, not him.) If they didn't take photos of GZ's injuries that would be a stunning omission.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Yes it would. I wouldn't be shocked though?

His personal life is just as irrelevant to this case as TM's.

IMO

I disagree. He is the one that pulled the trigger. His neighbor said a person has to have certain anger issues working to use a weapon; that GZ was fed up; that this was the perfect storm. GZ had domestic violence charges, aggression issues, and violent tendencies.

Trayvon didn't live there, had nothing to do with the supposed "storm." What did? Who did? GZ's life is the only thing that could explain that.

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...er-defended-by-neighborhood-watch-captain.php

I'm watching it again. It's almost like, at 47 seconds, GZ is recounting the story (probably where he says his head getting hit on the ground) to the officers and in turn that prompts the officer to look behind him.

What's troubling to me and perhaps this is more common than I think, but it seems like a general casual conversation with the cops in there. The officers are acknowledging or engaging in his conversation. I understand he wasn't arrested, but it just seems weird since the guy was handcuffed.
The casualness caught my eye too, the two cops just turn their back to Zimmerman and walk off and then Zimmerman and the other cop start walking.

How many people of died because things have gotten out of hand. All that was required from the very first time GZ saw TM was a respectful question..."do you live here son?" or "You're getting wet, do you need a ride home?" It's all in the approach. If you are going to approach someone, anyone, you owe them the respect of doing so civilly even if he's just a kid. jmo
True, but GZ didn't even have the authority to question him in his "role" as Neighborhood Watch. I am Neighborhood Watch for my block. I do NOT pursue people, I observe from my window, when I am out walking or driving down the street. If I see something suspicious, I call my local LE non-emergency line and request they check it out, do a drive-by! My only other function is to disseminate crime prevention info. I do not and will never have a gun in my home!!! In fact, I made my husband give his up in order to move in with me- gave him an ultimatimum, "It's me or your gun, but you will not force me to live with a gun!!!" He chose me and gave his gun away.

I had heard the mother was interviewed last night on MSNBC I think, but didn't see it and haven't read any comments on that. Are there any stories on this? Thanks

Yeppers:

MSNBC Transcript - Interview with mother of 13-year-old Witness

From 911 call:

UNIDENTIFIED MALE CALLER: I saw a man lying on the ground that needed
help that was screaming and then I was going to go over there to try to
help him but my dog got off the leash so I went and got my dog and then I
heard a loud sound and then the screaming stopped.

911 DISPATCHER: OK. Then did you see the person get shot?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE CALLER: No.

911 DISPATCHER: OK. Do you know the person who was shot or see the
person who had the gun?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE CALLER: No, I just heard a loud gunshot sound and
then the screaming stopped.

~~~~~

SHARPTON: So from February 26th to Monday March 5th, the
investigators did not talk to your son?

BROWN: Correct. They did attempt -- they first came to the house and
I was not there on Friday March 2nd. And we scheduled for them to meet
with him that following Monday. So between the 26th and March 2nd, there
was absolutely no police contact, no one came to our house, no one called.

SHARPTON: Wait a minute. So your son and daughter had called 911,
made the report, said what they saw and heard, and from February 26th when
the call was made, to March 2nd, you never heard from police or
investigators?

BROWN: Absolutely nothing. And I -- I just assumed that there was
other witnesses that saw the entire incident, so possibly what my son saw
was not of relevance. I thought maybe I was thinking, you know,
overreacting, but I thought that I was waiting every day for someone to
come knocking on the door, but it didn`t happen.

~~~~~~

SHARPTON: When you say leading things, can you give me an example?

BROWN: Well, for example, they asked Austin if he could tell the race
of the person lying on the ground. He said he could not see the color of
their skin. They then proceed to ask if he knew the color of the shirt
that the person was wearing. And then they proceed to give him options of
what color that shirt could have been. I don`t feel that they should have
done that. I think they should have just let him tell the story with as
much detail as he could remember. They suggested maybe it was black, maybe
it was white, maybe it was red. I don`t think that that is information he
would have been able to provide, especially since he said it was so dark
that he couldn`t see the color of the skin. I don`t see how he could see
the color of the shirt if he couldn`t see the color of the skin.

Anyone know the source of the halftime trip to get Skittles originated? I think the All-Star game started at 7:30pm EST. Trayvon was dead by 7:17pm EST.

Also, GZ's call originated at 7:08pm? He spotted Trayvon past the mailboxes and he was running away from GZ on Twin Trees towards Brandy Green's home. Confrontation stars at 7:16. Eight minutes seems like a long enough time for Trayvon to arrive safely at home, especially if he was concerned about someone following him or desiring to mess with him.

Let me also say that I am not convinced Zimmerman is innocent of any wrongdoing in this tragedy, just trying to put together what really happened versus what each sides wants to believe.

It's been established that Trayvon and his 13 year-old "stepbrother" were watching the pre-game show, not halftime.

They've probably known George Zimmerman for a while is the only thing I can think of?

Maybe that plays into this story more than you think? They know him and perhaps had an idea of what he is and is not capable of and gave him the benefit of the doubt?

I really hope that's not true.

Anyone who's watched the 6 min. video.........does it look like they are leaving and he still has the same clothes on?

Maybe that plays into this story more than you think? They know him and perhaps had an idea of what he is and is not capable of and gave him the benefit of the doubt?

I really hope that's not true.

I think that Zimmerman's obsessive need to be accepted and recognized by cops went much further than patroling neighborhoods. I would not be surprised if Zimmerman was not a fixure a lot of events held by Sanford Police. They're always doing softball/baseball/football/basketball tournaments down here where I live. Any local bars police hang out at on their days off, I could see Zimmerman being right in the mix.

I honestly do not think he is a stable man. That is only my opinion, but I think there is something seriously wrong with him. Maybe not the point of a mental illness, but when I think of Zimmerman, I think of Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver.

But they didn't wear their flag shirts everyday, those boys did it on Cinco De Mayo just to be instigators, I read about that case...

So why didn't the bad Mexican shirts, flags etc. If our flag could promote violence it certainly seems that wearing a Mexican flag could do the same.

Okay, now this is funny. All the people all over the world interested in this case and digging around, and its only a right-wing internet rag that singlehandedly managed to uncover a second Trayvon Twitter feed!! Using a basic social analytics seach on something called PeoplBrowser that virtually anyone can use. Why didn't anyone else think of that!! No one in the world thought to look there!

I especially like the update where yet another twitter account with the same ID has popped up, and they can't get a comment from Twitter.

We need a knee-slap icon.

Sanford police release full video of George Zimmerman

SANFORD, Fl.a -
A spokeswoman for the State Attorney assigned as special prosecutor to the Trayvon Martin shooting death investigation said Thursday that the surveillance video of George Zimmerman was not authorized to be released.

WATCH: Sanford police release full surveillance video

Jackelyn Bernard, spokeswoman for State Attorney Angela Corey, told Local 6 the video "should not have been released." She wouldn't say if Sanford officials had discussed the release of the video with Corey's office.

Video shows Zimmerman after shooting
Martin's parents show faith in...
Police, meanwhile, relased the full six-minute surveillance video on Thursday afternoon. (Watch in link above.)

The video shows Zimmerman, his hands cuffed, exiting a patrol car and being led into the police station. The video does not provide close-ups, but also does not show clear signs of Zimmerman having injuries.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Sa...orge-Zimmerman/-/1637132/9738686/-/wp6xh4z/-/

It's been established that Trayvon and his 13 year-old "stepbrother" were watching the pre-game show, not halftime.

Any idea how the story started with "half-time" and how "pre-game" was established?

Well, yes and no...

I think his divulging credit history and speculating about his psychological makeup are not really relevant, however his past brushes with the law may indicate a propensity for violence.

IMO.

But TM's arent?
Again, double standard.

Everybody was blowing a gasket when TM's personal business started showing up.

This case is either murder or self defense.

If one personal life is fair game, both should be.

I say neither are. But that's just my opinion on the matter.

Nothing more than the original video that I can see, although I wish the video was more enhanced. It's blurry just enough to not make out enough detail.

It has them leading him by several cameras that we did not see in the original.

That right there will get me a long vacation for sure........not touching it. Well other than to say...pppfffffffffftttttttttttttt. :banghead: Well and that's one sure fire way to get supporters, slam Obama and those that dislike him are suddenly your friends...........I hate politics.
Not touching it either I vote but I'm certainly no political buff and the divisiveness has become very appalling imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member