Found Deceased # 2 Australia - Jesse Baird, 26, TV presenter and partner Luke Davies, 29. blood located at home, 23 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Great post.

Somewhere along the line, people seem to have lost their coping skills / impulse control to deal with all life's ups & downs. Everyone has crisis in their life at some point.

We seem to be living in this fake world , where what counts, is how may likes you get on social media etc. Your perceived image to the world. People don't seem to talk to each other anymore, it's all thru screens where you can basically be whatever you want.

In my line of work, I see young kids, teens & adults react impulsively to the most benign situations ( ie someone didn't text them back etc, it's often about social media ) & they can do really stupid things " in the moment" that can be life altering.

I also think alot of people think that are entitled & are so self centred & self absorbed that they don't have any empathy for fellow human beings..........I've noticed this more since Covid in my work ( eg person next to them can be trying very hard to die, while we are trying very hard to save them & all the other patient & their family are worried about is that I didn't get them a warm blanket / cup of tea / sandwich etc ) Obviously not all, but a hell of alot.........

Than there is the many people who have a personality disorder/s, who seem to wear this diagnosis like a badge of honour :rolleyes:

I don't have the answers, but simply talking to people & being involved in their life would be a start.

All IMO

Ted talk over :p
Thanks. Reading your post, I am like yes, yes, yes. Especially as parent, I see it happen before my eyes. And have relatives (lol) like most all of us. Another thing I wanted to add is to have these as general discussions among friends and family and anyone within our circle it is suitable to discuss with. Rather than only after a personal event in our lives has occurred.
I also want to make an important update to my post. I did go to the Mardi Gras with my pre-teen and when I talked about the police in the parade and referenced the case, she expressed fear about cops so I had to reassure her and it made me realize that I had to back off as she's not emotionally ready. I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. Parenting is a learning curve. I understand discussion of news items is a personal family decision too.

I see that one of the items in the dumpster was 'a bloodied doona'

I googled and all that came back was type of stroller, which doesn't make sense

what exactly is a 'doona'??
A doona is a quilt, but in USA there also is a new type of stroller / car capsule called a “Doona.”

It can now be revealed Lamarre-Condon - a known celebrity chaser who took selfies with the likes of Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift - attended Mauboy's concert at Westfield Bondi Junction at 4pm on February 12.

Sources told Daily Mail Australia that shopping centre security were confused when he turned up and said he was her police guard.

:rolleyes:

FYI:

From the time someone is arrested, charged or a warrant is issued, up to the moment when the court proceedings are over, the case is said to be sub judice. Please stick to discussing the case without posting anything that violates the following principles:

- Basically, anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial.
- Any suggestion, opinion, or direct accusation that the accused is either guilty OR innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer"; use "the accused", "the alleged killer", or "the defendant").
- A defendant’s previous history of any offense is off limits.
- Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges, lawyers, any officer of the Court) is off limits.
- Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence is off limits.
- Any non-compliance with an Order of the court is off limits.

This PDF contains guidelines for journalists and those reporting on the case, but simplifies sub judice contempt.

FYI:

From the time someone is arrested, charged or a warrant is issued, up to the moment when the court proceedings are over, the case is said to be sub judice. Please stick to discussing the case without posting anything that violates the following principles:

- Basically, anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial.
- Any suggestion, opinion, or direct accusation that the accused is either guilty OR innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer"; use "the accused", "the alleged killer", or "the defendant").
- A defendant’s previous history of any offense is off limits.
- Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges, lawyers, any officer of the Court) is off limits.
- Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence is off limits.
- Any non-compliance with an Order of the court is off limits.

This PDF contains guidelines for journalists and those reporting on the case, but simplifies sub judice contempt.

thank you

I wish that some of the "celebrities" that BLC was papped with would come out & have something to say about him..........that would , I imagine would send him into a spin.

I can't believe, as a police officer, he was still chasing celebs days before the murders......

I wonder if the celebrities should re-evaluate the risk they undergo when they allow the "celebrity chasers" come so close to them.

And remember Mark David Chapman, and the paparazzi chasing princess Di, and many other stories. One just has to look at the list of Chapman's potential targets. The unifying trait was "fame".

More on the mental health evaluation …

Walford (BLC Lawyer) said he would investigate chatter among police that BLC engaged in strange behaviour, or shared unusual comments, with colleagues that could give insights into his state of mind.

BLC had been moved between multiple police stations and commands after he Tasered a man in mid-2020 and was placed under internal investigation. He would be ultimately cleared of wrongdoing.

SNIP

He was briefly stationed at Kogarah during the internal review before being moved on to the Youth Command where he worked at the time of the alleged murder….

One anonymous source said BLC was spotted by a senior officer at Kogarah wandering around the station, after he had been moved on. He claimed he was “reminiscing”, the source said, before being asked to leave.

Paywalled for some

Last edited:
These are interesting comments by his lawyer…

But he is now being kept in isolation in Silverwater’s Metropolitan Remand Centre.
Walford said BLC was now adjusting a new reality – that he is in prison.

“Look, he seems visually OK, but that’s just on the surface,” the lawyer said.

“When I speak, he seems OK, but I can’t imagine how he’s feeling.

“He’s in jail, but he’s a police officer.”

Paywalled for some

New article …. And nothing official, but the word “defence”was used ..

Mental health is always something we look at, something of this nature,” Mr Walford said.

“It’s too early to tell but it’s something definitely we’ll be looking into for this matter.”

Mr Walford explained mental health assessment of any client was a regular part of preparing for defence ahead of court proceedings.

Nothing ventured… nothing gained ..

IMO
What else could he try - can hardly say he didn’t do it. And IMO he’s not going to plead guilty as he needs to stay in the limelight & hold his perceived degree of power, as long as possible.

He apparently logged the bullying claim against a ‘colleague’ just before handing himself in, so he had up his sleeve to play a game imo.

Now we read that colleagues did have occasion to question his behaviour, ask him to leave areas he was no longer supposed to be in etc.

I don’t believe that police will be too keen on him being found to have committed this dreadful offence due to being ‘mentally unsound’ - if so, why was he accepted as a member of the force! Anyone he arrested or interacted with could potentially sue !

Mind you, I think he’s quite clearly the most self-absorbed, unrealistic, calculating and power hungry nutcase possible, and has been for a very long time - but that doesn’t excuse him from this on ‘mental health’ grounds.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he went about harassing Jesse, and when that didn’t work, when he went about planning to murder him & to remove & hide his body. Also when he so easily killed Luke because he was there at the time. Imagine if one of the girls had come home that day !

All JMO of course.

New article …. And nothing official, but the word “defence”was used ..

Mental health is always something we look at, something of this nature,” Mr Walford said.

“It’s too early to tell but it’s something definitely we’ll be looking into for this matter.”

Mr Walford explained mental health assessment of any client was a regular part of preparing for defence ahead of court proceedings.

What a business opportunity this could be for ex-policeman Mr Walford. This is a ‘high publicity case’.

What else could he try - can hardly say he didn’t do it. And IMO he’s not going to plead guilty as he needs to stay in the limelight & hold his perceived degree of power, as long as possible.

He apparently logged the bullying claim against a ‘colleague’ just before handing himself in, so he had up his sleeve to play a game imo.

Now we read that colleagues did have occasion to question his behaviour, ask him to leave areas he was no longer supposed to be in etc.

I don’t believe that police will be too keen on him being found to have committed this dreadful offence due to being ‘mentally unsound’ - if so, why was he accepted as a member of the force! Anyone he arrested or interacted with could potentially sue !

Mind you, I think he’s quite clearly the most self-absorbed, unrealistic, calculating and power hungry nutcase possible, and has been for a very long time - but that doesn’t excuse him from this on ‘mental health’ grounds.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he went about harassing Jesse, and when that didn’t work, when he went about planning to murder him & to remove & hide his body. Also when he so easily killed Luke because he was there at the time. Imagine if one of the girls had come home that day !

All JMO of course.

No it doesn't excuse him. He was able to graduate, to hold a blog, to be a mini-influencer, to charm lady Gaga, to pass into the police force, to have some friends, including Jesse, to live an independent life, to show up for job. That he could lie to pass into the circles he didn't belong to indicates manipulation. He planned the murder, the took people with him before and after. In short, maybe having some peculiar traits but able to live on his own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back