Found Deceased # 2 Australia - Jesse Baird, 26, TV presenter and partner Luke Davies, 29. blood located at home, 23 Feb 2024 *arrest*

The loss of young life paramount, but there's something very sad about these photos. The belongings cast aside, roommates needing to find elsewhere to live. It drives this home for me: the why. The why States prosecute crimes. Not families. Not victims. The State. Of course the loss is personal, intimate for those closest, but that's not what trials are directly about. No, these are crimes against the People. Against order, decency, security. Single homicide, double homicide, mass shooting. The school shooting where all the Valentine cards stood sentinel, haunting, a marker of all the lives impacted, beyond the deceased, innocence imploded, was so stark. Murder is a violation of the law, a violation of the natural order, a violation of civilized society. Ripples which legal justice can never restore but it can remove the offenders and segregate them from the rest of the world... perhaps creating a small place for healing to begin for those hurt most.

JMO

I feel like NSW Police is at the point of replacing all public announcements with the 'this is fine' meme. Give me strength.

MOO. Basically, Karen Webb is being asked why the heck Mick Fuller hired an impaired man as a police officer and why Fuller and later, Webb herself kept BLC despite him tazering an indigenous man and his bizzarre, immature, grandiose behavior. KW can't say the obvious, "You know. A nice boy from a good family, and his relatives had worked with us." Hiring and firing PRs provides a delay. In some earlier publications the authors accused NSW police of employing BLC to demonstrate their inclusivity. JMO - there are lots of minorities in Australia who will, and do, make excellent professionals. BLC is the case of sheer nepotism. I suspect KW's role now is damage control for NSW police and I wonder how things turn out for her once BLC's trial is over. This being said, KW's became the Comissioner of NSW Police in 2022. BLC was hired in 2019 and the taser episode happened in 2020, so KW is definitely not the main culprit here.

Search NSW Court and Tribunal Lists​

Case name
R v BLC
Date
23 Apr
Time
9:30 am
Case number
2024/00070955
List number
-
Room
Unassigned
Court address
Address is unavailable as court room is unassigned. Please check again later.
Court phone number
1300 679 272
Jurisdiction
Criminal
Presiding officer
  • Unassigned
Court
Local Court
Listing type
Brief Status (Committal)
Data last refreshed at 11:00pm 02 Apr 2024

Search NSW Court and Tribunal Lists​

Case name
R v BLC
Date
23 Apr
Time
9:30 am
Case number
2024/00070955
List number
-
Room
Unassigned
Court address
Address is unavailable as court room is unassigned. Please check again later.
Court phone number
1300 679 272
Jurisdiction
Criminal
Presiding officer
  • Unassigned
Court
Local Court
Listing type
Brief Status (Committal)
Data last refreshed at 11:00pm 02 Apr 2024

Legend, thanks so much!