2008.10.02 Jesse on Today Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt - In what way?

Jesse - At the very end she started to lie about things - I was one of the ones she stole money from. She stole $250 from me and then made up an excuse why she couldn't pay me back. Or made up excuses why she couldn't go places with me - found out she was actually seeing someone else at the end of our relationship

Matt - In 2005 she sent you a text message saying I'm pregnant, and it's your baby. You did the math so to speak and thought it was pretty much impossible to be your baby, however, you still did go with her you basically were there at the hospital when Caylee was born...what was she like as a mother?

Jesse - she was a very good mother, she was very doting, she was devoted...Caylee was the center of her universe

I never get disgusted at hearing the truth...it's the lies from the Anthonys that disgust me.

I noticed you referred to it as "telling the same story"....too bad Casey hasn't told the same story.

All I want to hear from the G family is if they know where this two year old child is located.

Other than that their stories are in their "public" sworn statements.

If they have anything NEW to add they should be downtown with le.

still disgusted....

Matt - So you saw no signs that she was having trouble coping with being a mom?

Jesse - Absolutely not...not at the beginning of our relationship, not when Caylee was a baby, there was no indication that she was having any problems at being a mother

Matt - Let me make sure I make the point that after you finally - there was a paternity test

Jesse - Yes

Matt - And it proved that there was zero chance that you were the father of that baby

Jesse - I petitioned her paternity test and it was zero percent probability

Matt - And yet you still enjoyed a very close relationship at that time even though she told you it was your baby you knew it wasn't, you tried to have a relationship with her

Jesse - Absolutely, my attitude was until the paternity test comes out I'm not gonna waste time and miss out if this really was my child

Matt - You talk about a transformation at the end of your relationship with KC - what was that transformation about, what do you think brought it on?

Jesse - Well she was a very doting and devoted mother as I said. She was very much into being a homebody and loyal and she was wanting to spend the rest of our lives together. She started to pull away and it started becoming about her and she started to party and drink - this lifestyle that we've now seen pictures of out there. And then the line started to become - she was getting very close with her mother. She wasn't very close with her mother at the beginning of our relationship, and as soon as she started getting close with her mother, it started transformation.

this is what i'm having a problem with....

He's already told his story. His father has told his story.

How many times do they need to tell the same story?

Their credibility is starting to go down the toilet now since they have obviously turned into "media *hores".

If they keep it up, people will start looking at them like they have something to prove, something to hide.

Have any of them actually looked for caylee or do they all just give lip service?

Disgusted....

What?! Trying hard to understand your hostility towards the Grund family, when they've been the ONLY ones willing to submit to a lie detector and to tell the truth!!!

Matt - When you hear "the" suspect that the police down there think that KC is "the" suspect, can you envision her as someone who would cause harm to her daughter?

Jesse - The KC I knew - no but obviously who knows the real KC - I think only she does. I think her personality has been so changed and molded over the years, I don't even know if she knows who she is

Matt - And if KC by some chance is watching this interview this morning, what would you say to her?

Jesse - KC tell the truth - this isn't about you anymore, this is about Caylee, stop dragging people lives through this. Stop destroying people's lives and tell the truth. What happened to Caylee cause we're all done with it - we're all done with having to listen to your lies and your stories that make no sense over and over again - so tell the truth about what happened.

Matt - Jesse Grund - Jessie thanks for coming in this morning we really appreciate it.

End of interview

Sorry - a word here or there may be off, but that's the gist of it...I have to run to work now!!

What?! Trying hard to understand your hostility towards the Grund family, when they've been the ONLY ones willing to submit to a lie detector and to tell the truth!!!

I dont think its hostility - its just that many of us are getting tired of seeing them on so many different media outlets - saying the same thing, over and over. None of the others are out there in front of the cameras as much as RG is. I am happy that it was Jesse being interviewed today but what did he say that was new? Nothing. He took the lie detector test, LE cleared him then wait until the trial already. I dont question JG's motives, I question his fathers.

I dont think its hostility - its just that many of us are getting tired of seeing them on so many different media outlets - saying the same thing, over and over. None of the others are out there in front of the cameras as much as RG is. I am happy that it was Jesse being interviewed today but what did he say that was new? Nothing. He took the lie detector test, LE cleared him then wait until the trial already. I dont question JG's motives, I question his fathers.

Fair enough... Why do you question his fathers exposure? (Please be nice...)

Just finished watching it. Nothing really new or earth shaking.

Not that it was anything Earth shattering or surprizing, but he did finally give insight as to the reason for the breakup- it was more clear from him, rather than speculation by folks on blogs.

I still can't help but think they have a reason for suddenly being on TV. I think they really do hope to get through to someone in that family. I think they're hoping the As are watching.
Hunnydolll--Thank you sooo much! :blowkiss:

Not that it was anything Earth shattering or surprizing, but he did finally give insight as to the reason for the breakup- it was more clear from him, rather than speculation by folks on blogs.

I'd much rather hear it from him directly too, his impression of it, since he's probably one of the people who was closest. Earth shattering? No, probably not, but he needed to be the one to say it in person.

She wasn't very close with her mother at the beginning of our relationship, and as soon as she started getting close with her mother, it started transformation.

I am not surprised by this at all really, and it would not shock me to find out that Cindy saw a relationship and possible marriage to Jesse as interfering with access to her granddaughter. I do think that having primary access to Caylee was very important to Cindy the details of the will and not naming a father to Caylee after the paternity test lend credence to this. If Casey was out of her house Caylee would be out of her house, finding out Jesse was not the father would have provided the right pretense for Cindy to enable the bad behavior of her daughter knowing that it might facilitate the end of their relationship. I could see Cindy suggesting that Casey focus on herself, enjoy being young, offer to take care of Caylee etc, etc. My opinion only of course.

In their defense, the reason they're so "out there" is because Cindy accused Jesse of "taking" Caylee. That's why Jesse and his dad are "out there" so much. Don't know if you guys realize that or not, but I'd be out there defending myself too if someone was accusing me of kidnapping someone's child...

Fair enough... Why do you question his fathers exposure? (Please be nice...)

Based what I have read about RG, from his myspace website, and his other websites, I personally think he is trying to gain from all this exposure. He is a former actor who hasn't had a part in years who seems to have this cult like following on myspace (have any of you ever seen some of those friends?). And he stated on more than one occasion that he knows the truth, etc., although he has never ever said anything new, nor anything earth shattering so to speak. For someone that states he is a Reverend, he is very un-reverend like in my opinion. I have never questioned anything JG has said or done. He has cooperated, he has taken a lie detector test, he will be a witness when this finally gets to trial.

If anything, glad he was on, its keep the story alive and its keep the focus- about Caylee!!! I get so tired of the judgementals whining about the whitnesses being on the news. He did clarify even further this time. And he is there! There for Caylee!!! Do you see her mother in the media?? Begging the elusive kidnappers to please bring her baby back??? NO!!! So whats wrong with keeping this story out there and in its proper perspective- about "what happened to Caylee". This man genuinly cared for her, he was willing to raise her regardless of the paternity tests!

Some were ranting on a thread about how his dad was on NG fighting his battles, saying he should speak for himself.......NOW that he has, they still have issues with it. I mean what is it that folks want to hear? Aside from making it more clearer about their breakup & asking her to tell the truth, there are things he cannot say because it is an ongoing investigation! Some things are not meant to reveal until trial. imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther