2009.02.18 Document Release: Key on a Key-chain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bond and I were PMing about the key a couple days ago. No conclusions or theories. But I did upload the following picture:

picture.php

I see a plastic "tag" with a very rusty metal ring. The ring goes up to the top of the tag (at the 11:00 position) and behind it you see the top of a key. You can see the "stop sign" shape of the top of the key peeking out from behind the top of the plastic.

I agree that it does seem to be a backwards "B". I wonder if this was from TonE's apartment mailbox?

My guess is that the hair elastic-looking thing and the key are unrelated to the case.

Probably not related to the case - they just seem to love to release the worthless stuff and hold on to what we REALLY want to see...I'm starting to feel JB's frustration!

Do we really see everything that JB has been given?

What about car dealerships (GA)? Would they use these simple keychains for anything? I think when I drop my car off, they typically use a paper tag, but maybe Lexus is "fancier" than my dealership! My parents have a Lexus...I guess I could ask them. But one dealership may do something different than another so it probably wouldn't confirm anything.

I saw the rental car idea and the keychain does remind me of one of those.

ETA: Turning the corner and down the right-hand side appears to be a printed "P" and a cursive "25" or something similar...the looping at the bottom of the "2" more legible than the rest. Again...just providing to help someone else imagine what I'm seeing if they wanna examine closer. Maybe my imagination thoroughly run amok. :bang:

I tried looking at a negative image, RGB and Lab channels (positive and negative) and I cannot pick out any discernible lettering. :frown: If there is lettering it is probably getting blown out by the 8x8 JPEG artifacts...or that those artifacts are giving the impression of lettering.

On the plus side, I originally thought the square shape was woodland debris, but some of the channels I viewed showed the object really is rectangular, making it likely to be man-made as you point out. The ring on the bottom right is much clearer as well.

ETA: Previously wrote "left"...changed to right. Directional dyslexia.

I little O/T but aren't we expecting another document dump this week?

Does anyone know?

Bond and I were PMing about the key a couple days ago. No conclusions or theories. But I did upload the following picture:

picture.php

Could be a mailbox key (as stated), we have larger boxes at my development in the mail area, where the mailcarrier leaves the key in your box if there's a larger package, always labeled with A or B or C depending on which larger box. It's hard to tell, but the key behind it looks smaller like my mailbox key.

OR

Could be B for Brackenwood (?).

OR

Could be totally unrelated. :bang:

The key doesn't look like a typical house or car key, either. It appears that it's larger and the top not encased in plastic, as is typical with most newer cars. A rental car would be a newer model car, so I think we can likely scratch that off the list. It just reminds me of an older, thinner, larger metal key that you would find at a mailbox or perhaps even a storage unit. :waitasec: And that definitely looks like a "B" on the plastic. As for the "blue thing", I think it looks like a drink can pull top, and as Bond pointed out, there was one recovered at the scene.

I tried looking at a negative image, RGB and Lab channels (positive and negative) and I cannot pick out any discernible lettering. :frown: If there is lettering it is probably getting blown out by the 8x8 JPEG artifacts...or that those artifacts are giving the impression of lettering.

On the plus side, I originally thought the square shape was woodland debris, but some of the channels I viewed showed the object really is rectangular, making it likely to be man-made as you point out. The ring on the bottom left is much clearer as well.

Yeh...artifacts, pixels, and keychains...oh my! :eek: :rolleyes:

I turned & mirrored, lighten & darkened it 9-ways-from-Sunday, used emboss feature, etc., etc. etc., and then some...:rolleyes:

I just hafta accept this is not my forte and move on. :bang:

On the plus side, I originally thought the square shape was woodland debris, but some of the channels I viewed showed the object really is rectangular, making it likely to be man-made as you point out. The ring on the bottom left is much clearer as well.

When I blow up the tag, the ring on the bottom right corner looks to be a tiny twig curled upward on the tag.

I can see the top of the key attached to the ring and a "B".

When I blow up the tag, the ring on the bottom right corner looks to be a tiny twig curled upward on the tag.

I can see the top of the key attached to the ring and a "B".

Yes, that is what I first thought, and then I viewed it in several different alpha channels, including negative alpha, and the material shows up more clearly as a small ring. So I am leaning toward it being a ring and not a piece of vegetation (for now).

You all must have excellent eyesite :) I can't find anything that resembles an earring, blue stone, gold setting, then again, lol, I may be looking at the wrong picture.

Lee saying he "destroyed" a key has always disturbed me also. Why destroy a key vs. giving it back to AH?

I think this key is a huge find. That conversation where Lee mentions destroying a key has always bothered me. And if he so called detroyed a key how did it end up next to the remains? If this happens to be THE key.

On the videotape where the PI is searching for Caylee on Suburban there is also a clip of him searching that house on Brackenwood. I have always felt that the house on Brackenwood was indeed significant to this case and someone pointed out that there looked like a backwards B on the keychain. "B" could stand for Brackenwood. CA admitted to sending the PI to the location on Suburban and I bet she sent him to that house as well? But why? Lee mentioning destroying a key makes me wonder why would someone destroy a key? Scared the key is going to unlock the truth behind all of this madness. Obviously the KEY is not going to set KC free (if it could I doubt they would want it destroyed). So, IMO, the KEY WILL DESTROY KC one way or another. It looks like there is just a single key not a set of keys. Who give out single keys? Apartments, houses, rental cars....

picture.php

Here's the same key holder cropped and inverted and enlarged for easier viewing and comparison:

keyring_crop.jpg
keyring_crop-lg.jpg

keyring_crop_invert.jpg
keyring_crop_invert-lg.jpg

Yes, you can see the ring (left side) and the key (above left side) attached to the holder.

This doesn't mean the key has anything to do with Casey or Caylee or any of the Anthonys. As we know, LE photographed everything they found in the area, just in case.

This is also the type of key chain you might expect an apartment rental office to use when showing their demo-unit. Sawgrass anyone?

I'm just throwing it out there. :detective:

This is also the type of key chain you might expect an apartment rental office to use when showing their demo-unit. Sawgrass anyone?

I thought about that too but wasn't that apt #210C? There is clearly a B on the keychain that looks like it was written with a black marker. Now I don't think it has anything to do with Sawgrass Apts. IMO, the B could stand for Brackenwood.

Looks like one of these:

Used to give out or store keys by auto repair places, towing businesses, rental car companies, post offices, banks (safety deposit boxes) apartment rental companies, real estate agencies, etc. The list is endless.

Could it have been a office copy of the key to the Sawgrass Apt?

I just thought of the same thing, didn't realize you had posted it. I posted after reading only the few 2 pages? :crazy:

I think it was Magicat that mentioned it looked like a key to a shed..it made me think of the day that Casey and Tony L had to break into the shed to retrieve the gas cans. We all wondered why she would have to break in. Maybe she dropped the keys somewhere. Was it not around June 23/24 that Casey broke into the shed? She would of had to of disposed of Caylee by then, maybe that is where she dropped the keys at? Just a though. I still am looking for a thread with the discussion of Lee taking care of a key for Casey. There were several different version's to Lee's story. Cindy also asked Casey if anyone had a key to the house in the first jail conversation. Maybe Cindy noticed the key missing? Maybe Casey had to have her parents make her a new key since she lost her key when she disposed of Caylee? Maybe Lee ran to the house to see if the key fit?Just throwing a few things out there. This key may be nothing...but it was taken into evidence and we know less than a third of what the SA has in discovery.

Does anyone see the word "Jam" on btm right? I'm reaching. Wer wel

Doesn't appear to be a carabiner clip - unless one can find one that measures around 3/8 " to 1/2 " more or less in length. (In the photo on the left hand side, the larger lines on the ruler above and below the 1" mark are 1/2" and 1 1/2".) Look at that ruler for scale.
Okay, well I just measured my carabiner clip, which I consider a "mini", and it is almost 2" in length, but that's still what the photo looks like to me, with the metalic blue being just the right shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500