2009.10.01 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another thing I noticed about tonight special - in an interview with her mother at her side, Misty claims to have wakened somewhere around 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom.
Come on...all of us women over 55 know a 17-year- doesn't get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom! That's for us much older folks.!
jmo

I watched and listened to Nancy's special tonight on Haleigh's case.
Mainly I focused on the 911 call with all my attention. This time I noticed something I never noticed before - Misty does not seem to be fully engaged in the call.
Many times she has to ask the operator "Huh" or "What."
She seems to be paying much more attention to what's going on in the background, possibly what Ron is telling her or what he's ranting about.
Of course, there are some questions she can't answer - Haleigh's physical description and her birth date. Which is puzzling when she claims to love that little girl so much.
I came to the conclusion that Misty was not at all comfortable or had a sense of urgency in making this call. And that her attention was on Ron and not reporting a missing child. It was more of a duty than an emergency situation for her to make that call, is what I got from listening carefully to the call.
Okay, have at it. I'm sure there are many who disagree in my opinion and what I believe I heard beyond the words in this 911 call.

I agree with you. To me, it doesn't sound like someone that is in a state of shock or panic, when making a 911 call regarding a missing child that she was in charge of. It sounds somewhat rehearsed and as though she is very distracted. I also noticed when the operator asked, “OK, what’s the numerical?” Misty answered with “The numerical…what’s that?” Her voice changed dramatically, and was normal, then went back to the fakey voice.

Also, I watched the Geraldo video with Jr and CS and what Jr. saw regarding the man in black that had sqeaky shoes. The shoes probably were wet and made that noise walking on the linouelm floor. How would a child make something up like that?

Just my :twocents:

This is my first post, its nice to know so many people out there care about this little girl as well!

I agree with you. To me, it doesn't sound like someone that is in a state of shock or panic, when making a 911 call regarding a missing child that she was in charge of. It sounds somewhat rehearsed and as though she is very distracted. I also noticed when the operator asked, “OK, what’s the numerical?” Misty answered with “The numerical…what’s that?” Her voice changed dramatically, and was normal, then went back to the fakey voice.

Also, I watched the Geraldo video with Jr and CS and what Jr. saw regarding the man in black that had sqeaky shoes. The shoes probably were wet and made that noise walking on the linouelm floor. How would a child make something up like that?

Just my :twocents:

This is my first post, its nice to know so many people out there care about this little girl as well!

WELCOME Bella!
Good catch about Misty's voice changing when she asks about a numerical. It's like a different person talking.
I don't know what to think about the squeaky shoes, but your explaination makes sense.
azwriter

azwriter-I completely agree w/your post on the 911 call.
The day this story broke was the same day as Caylee's memorial and I can remember listening to the 911 call for the first time.
It was hinky-Misty did not act all that upset and Ron over-reacted. It reminded me of Darlie Routier's 911 call-too much information the dispatcher was not asking about.
Misty was very distracted by Ron and not paying attention to what the dispatcher was asking her. Then when Ron hung up-what on earth?-who does that?
One thing that has always bothered me (I know this isn't the 911 call thread but on NG tonight the call was played so I am going to ask this here) Misty has always stuck to the fact she was sleeping. Can anyone tell what she is saying at 2:48 of the 911 call? (link below) I can hear her say "I just woke up" but I can't make out what she says before that. I have this vision in my head (don't laugh at me) of Ron holding cue cards up for Misty to read them on the 911 call.
YouTube - Haleigh Cummings 911 Call Missing Child, Age 5, Satsuma, FL

Also, welcome newbies, I see we have a few new sleuthers in the Dreams/Visions thread, too, interesting reading.

And another thing I noticed about tonight special - in an interview with her mother at her side, Misty claims to have wakened somewhere around 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom.
Come on...all of us women over 55 know a 17-year- doesn't get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom! That's for us much older folks.!
jmo

IIRC. I have heard 3 versions of that story.

• Awakes to go to bathroom but goes towards far bathroom?

• Awakes because the kitchen light is on

• Wakes because she just woke up and saw a 3

In each case it is an evolution based on questions countering the logic of not going to the closer bathroom, etc. She cannot remember completely the last version.

IIRC. I have heard 3 versions of that story.

• Awakes to go to bathroom but goes towards far bathroom?

• Awakes because the kitchen light is on

• Wakes because she just woke up and saw a 3

In each case it is an evolution based on questions countering the logic of not going to the closer bathroom, etc. She cannot remember completely the last version.

Don't forget she got up to get a drink of water-that is on the police report.

azwriter-I completely agree w/your post on the 911 call.
The day this story broke was the same day as Caylee's memorial and I can remember listening to the 911 call for the first time.
It was hinky-Misty did not act all that upset and Ron over-reacted. It reminded me of Darlie Routier's 911 call-too much information the dispatcher was not asking about.
Misty was very distracted by Ron and not paying attention to what the dispatcher was asking her. Then when Ron hung up-what on earth?-who does that?
One thing that has always bothered me (I know this isn't the 911 call thread but on NG tonight the call was played so I am going to ask this here) Misty has always stuck to the fact she was sleeping. Can anyone tell what she is saying at 2:48 of the 911 call? (link below) I can hear her say "I just woke up" but I can't make out what she says before that. I have this vision in my head (don't laugh at me) of Ron holding cue cards up for Misty to read them on the 911 call.
YouTube - Haleigh Cummings 911 Call Missing Child, Age 5, Satsuma, FL

Also, welcome newbies, I see we have a few new sleuthers in the Dreams/Visions thread, too, interesting reading.

It sounds like she is saying "Ronnie, I just woke up." Sounds like he is yelling in the background.

It sounds like she is saying "Ronnie, I just woke up." Sounds like he is yelling in the background.

I heard, "Ronald, I just woke up" I can't make out what he is asking or saying to Misty.

Another couple of things that I find bizarre about the 911 call, Is when RC is talking to the dispatcher and he is saying that if he finds the person before LE does he is going to kill him or them, And that is when he says you can put that on the recording....Well who in there right mind when in a panicked situation would think or care that the call was being recorded....Yes I know as well as most people do that 911 calls are recorded for the police to go back and listen to, but the couple of times in my life that I have had to call 911 I have never once thought about what I would say as being recorded...It just sounds really odd to me for someone who's daughter has just been abducted to be concerned about the call being recorded...

I have also noticed that there is a time, And when you listen to the 911 call on shows that are also showing in print what was said on the call, you don't see this comment, but there was a comment by MC where she is explaining the nights events and she clearly says I was cleaning....This has also bothered me...What was she cleaning and why was she cleaning?...These are a few things that I have noticed and both of these were on the NG show tonight when they were going back over the 911 call...But again you will not see the I was cleaning statement in print but you can clearly hear MC saying it..

I guess that I will just jump right in about the 911 call. The whole call just sounds off to me. When the operator asked for the numerical part of the address, Misty did not know what numerical was, or at least that is what it sounded like to me. Misty just kept saying the street name but never giving the full address. Then there is the way Ron was acting in the background. He was not helping by saying f this and f that when asked for info. Just how in the world was the 911 dispatcher suppose to put out an alert for the child when the "parents" would not give the info that was needed. The other thing that has bothered me from the very beginning, is that if my so called boyfriend soon to be husband, called me the b word, lets just say that would be that last time he called me that. Plus is makes me wonder if Misty was so distracted on the call because she was afraid of what Ron might do to her.

I guess it comes down to how I would be making a call like that. I would be shouting out the info about my child. Whatever was asked I would answer. That was just a really off 911 call to me.

M ~

I also noticed she said "WE" were sleeping..I didn't get the impression she was referring to herself and the children.

Ron was demanding. He wanted them there NOW..but when they arrive he does nothing. He was no help to them at all....hmmmm....still isn't.

OT..for just a minute

I had to laugh when NG asked RC is he thought there was a possibillity that Misty was gone sometime that night.

RC: "If that's a possibility, I don't know anything about it"....LOL.
......classic, CYA statement. Also it is classic Ron Cummings...LOL

........this guy speaks out of both sides of his mouth....all the time. I think I will make a list of his pearls of wisdom.

I also noticed she said "WE" were sleeping..I didn't get the impression she was referring to herself and the children.

Ron was demanding. He wanted them there NOW..but when they arrive he does nothing. He was no help to them at all....hmmmm....still isn't.

I caught the "we" as well.....made me wonder who we were....

my mind keeps going to the cousin with the record a leg long, he was there and left the day she went missing.
The area ,there has been searched ,but there is a lot of area between where he lives and where she went missing.
We know RC and he had a fight.
If MC was gone and he knew RC was at work..... there was noone to stop him.
I am still holding out hope
what was he wearing the day he left ... was it black??

What would this gangster want with Haleigh? He was not known as a child molester. He liked guns and gangs. Misty and RC are still very close..can't put a toothpick between them. They know what happened....so does TN...IMO. I think that the cousin may have been thrown under the bus by Misty. She even sorta threw the A/C man under too.

It is tough one to figure out...

I don't know how Haleigh was doing wheelies on her bike on the front lawn that day....she has a two wheeler with training wheels on it...Pictures of bike have been posted...

Hi Bella and Welcome...good input..

I am ending the night with the thought that RC has not given us one piece of information in this case. He has spoken out of both sides of his mouth at every turn. He marries the person who loses his daughter and continues to support her, love her and live with her.

Shouldn't that say it all? Do people really need to continue to make excuses why he does that anymore? His mother has enabled Misty and Ron. Gma just makes things real clean and comfortable for him. He is still being treated as a child. I see nothing changing.

The only way possible I see so far if no one talks of the case coming to a conclusion is to remove Ron from his creature comforts. He is being protected by Ma Barker....no one crosses her and she is tough...a good gate Guardian. If he lived on his own, he would have been arrested by now...MO.

I watched and listened to Nancy's special tonight on Haleigh's case.
Mainly I focused on the 911 call with all my attention. This time I noticed something I never noticed before - Misty does not seem to be fully engaged in the call.
Many times she has to ask the operator "Huh" or "What."
She seems to be paying much more attention to what's going on in the background, possibly what Ron is telling her or what he's ranting about.
Of course, there are some questions she can't answer - Haleigh's physical description and her birth date. Which is puzzling when she claims to love that little girl so much.
I came to the conclusion that Misty was not at all comfortable or had a sense of urgency in making this call. And that her attention was on Ron and not reporting a missing child. It was more of a duty than an emergency situation for her to make that call, is what I got from listening carefully to the call.
Okay, have at it. I'm sure there are many who disagree in my opinion and what I believe I heard beyond the words in this 911 call.

I happen to agree wholly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members