2009.10.01 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You AZ, You are so right about how RC operates. He double speaks. I am going to make a list of his pearls of wisdom. I have threatened this before but I have got to get working on it.

...the last one he said was, "Whoever did this, well, that's who it is"....gotta love im.

Really looking forward to that list of Ron Cummings' double meaning quotes. Get to work.
azwriter

I also noticed that Misty was distracted while on the phone with the dispatcher. I think she is either being coaxed by Ron or watching him destroy evidence.
I have been preoccupied while on the phone by what may be going on around me and I may not actually hear what the other person on the other end of the phone may be saying.
I have a problem as well with the timeline. We don't know what time Haleigh went missing. Could it have been before Ron had gone to work? I don't buy into where Ron rants about taking care of whoever has done this to Haleigh he is going to take care of them and I don't care if this is being recorded. I believe he did this to throw them off from looking @ him.

Hey Bam, that last sentence of your post makes sense - it does sound like he could be covering for himself as well as his statement that he was a work all night.

I also noticed she said "WE" were sleeping..I didn't get the impression she was referring to herself and the children.

Ron was demanding. He wanted them there NOW..but when they arrive he does nothing. He was no help to them at all....hmmmm....still isn't.

Me too, and it did not seem to be about the kids.

I found the whole 911 call hinky and that RC's standard modus operandi is "I don't know", "I was working", "I don't think so", etc. He ventures nothing to help, just stay neutral and out of it. Don't ask me. Scared to slip up on something.

I definitely know what you are talking about and I noticed it the very first time I listened to the 911 call. My husband and son are musicians and they have all this equipment to lower Misty's audio and raise the background noise .....you know things like that. We tried it and unfortunately we couldn't make much more out. One thing that I did notice however and you would be able to do this as well. if you go and listen to the entire 911 call, you can hear Ronald talking on the phone in the background. I think this is how TN managed to get there so quickly but that is just my opinion. Anyway, go back and listen to the 911 call and you will notice that when Misty disengages with the 911 operator it is always right after Ronald says something to whoever he is talking to.

Personally I feel like Misty was not honest with Ronald about that night and she was listening to see if RC said anything whatsoever to the person on the other line about suspecting that Misty was not being honest. I am in no way insinuating that Misty was out of the home but just that she was not 100% forthcoming about who all might have been home, where she might have been or been doing (babysitting elsewhere or other children) If you listen to the 911 call with a headset and concentrate on when Ronald speaks....you will notice Misty doesn't speak or says huh? right at the same point. She repeats huh repeatedly because I think she is listening to RC talk on the other cell phone. JMO

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

RC referencing NG question concerning Misty being home all night: " If there was a possibility, Mss Nancy, I don't know anything about it...."

......er, Ron....what about the 20 + calls you made looking for her????

BBM

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Me too, and it did not seem to be about the kids.

I found the whole 911 call hinky and that RC's standard modus operandi is "I don't know", "I was working", "I don't think so", etc. He ventures nothing to help, just stay neutral and out of it. Don't ask me. Scared to slip up on something.

I suspect that had RC's intention been to cover up a crime on that night he would not have left the rest of his life and possible prison sentence in the hands of Misty. It was my understanding that some thought Ronald to be a seasoned criminal.

RC referencing NG question concerning Misty being home all night: " If there was a possibility, Mss Nancy, I don't know anything about it...."

......er, Ron....what about the 20 + calls you made looking for her????
Very good point, Whisperer! If nothing else it seems he didn't get much work done that night taking time to use his cell phone so often. And what was it exactly about that night that he felt the need to get in contact with her? Was he worried about the kids? Why not just leave work if it was such an emergency? Just some things I've wondered about since hearing of the 20+ phone calls. :waitasec: MOO

It's a shame we are just finding out about the calls. TN and RC knew from day 1 and said nothing. When you look back with the knowledge we have now and review the interviews, you will be able to see the lies and coverup. RC, TN, and AS all insisted Misty was home, AS backs it up with a visit she decided to relate nine days after the crime..of which Misty never mentioned her visit that night.

The three of them and their support of Misty is a big red flag!

It's a shame we are just finding out about the calls. TN and RC knew from day 1 and said nothing. When you look back with the knowledge we have now and review the interviews, you will be able to see the lies and coverup. RC, TN, and AS all insisted Misty was home, AS backs it up with a visit she decided to relate nine days after the crime..of which Misty never mentioned her visit that night.

The three of them and their support of Misty is a big red flag!

AS's nine days bothered me too, especailly sice Misty never mentioned it; It's not like there were so many people coming and going in one afternoon/evening that she couldn't recall 3 adults rather than two (AC man and brother.)

Altho by some reports AS had some mystery person with her on her evening visit; So IDK. I still dont know who that was... or if she were alone.... or if she even went there when she said she did, for that matte, or for the purpose that she claims she did.

So confusing....

MOO

AS's nine days bothered me too, especailly sice Misty never mentioned it; It's not like there were so many people coming and going in one afternoon/evening that she couldn't recall 3 adults rather than two (AC man and brother.)

Altho by some reports AS had some mystery person with her on her evening visit; So IDK. I still dont know who that was... or if she were alone.... or if she even went there when she said she did, for that matte, or for the purpose that she claims she did.

So confusing....

MOO

As of Aug 18th (approx) Misty related under hypnosis that GGMA was at the MH on Feb 9 with an Aunt Lisa. Very new information there.

Say what you want but I think Misty was sent there for a few reasons, one of them being to relay the message of the visit by AS. We have posted AS's interview where she mentions "WE" and have been curious for seven month now. Misty, for the first time, during the hypnosis (coincidence, I think not) clears up our questions.......hmmmmm.

I think they told her to make sure she clarifies the trip of AS to the MH...MO.

It strikes me a bit odd that he's so eager to kill whoever did anything to Haleigh but then he married and protects the person who might very easily have done so.

It strikes me a bit odd that he's so eager to kill whoever did anything to Haleigh but then he married and protects the person who might very easily have done so.
This is one thing that is beyond my understanding also! MOO

I definitely know what you are talking about and I noticed it the very first time I listened to the 911 call. My husband and son are musicians and they have all this equipment to lower Misty's audio and raise the background noise .....you know things like that. We tried it and unfortunately we couldn't make much more out. One thing that I did notice however and you would be able to do this as well. if you go and listen to the entire 911 call, you can hear Ronald talking on the phone in the background. I think this is how TN managed to get there so quickly but that is just my opinion. Anyway, go back and listen to the 911 call and you will notice that when Misty disengages with the 911 operator it is always right after Ronald says something to whoever he is talking to.

Personally I feel like Misty was not honest with Ronald about that night and she was listening to see if RC said anything whatsoever to the person on the other line about suspecting that Misty was not being honest. I am in no way insinuating that Misty was out of the home but just that she was not 100% forthcoming about who all might have been home, where she might have been or been doing (babysitting elsewhere or other children) If you listen to the 911 call with a headset and concentrate on when Ronald speaks....you will notice Misty doesn't speak or says huh? right at the same point. She repeats huh repeatedly because I think she is listening to RC talk on the other cell phone. JMO

Very observant, Elle! It certainly does seem like she had one ear on the phone with the 911 operator and the other on Ron to see & hear what he is doing. She knows she did something she shouldn't have.

I always thought the flippant remark "How'd you let my daughter get stole, b----?" was strange. I mean, what a thing to say when you daughter is missing. :waitasec:
Actually, when I think about it, I think it is a perfect thing for one to say under these particular circumstances, if one was expecting his child to be at home where she should be. Can you imagine coming home from a hard night's work and being ready to relax for a while to unwind before going to bed, and being greeted with your girlfriend saying that your child is gone? If it were me, I'm sure I would freak and who knows what I would say. He knew that his daughter was afraid of the dark and would never leave the home in the middle of the night, so the only option is that somebody took her. And his girlfriend supposedly slept right through it! So, his statement sure fits the situation. I'm kinda surprised he didn't say something worse.
I don't cuss, but in this situation, I'm sure that I would be spouting off every bad word I'd ever heard, whether I knew what it meant or not!

Actually, when I think about it, I think it is a perfect thing for one to say under these particular circumstances, if one was expecting his child to be at home where she should be. Can you imagine coming home from a hard night's work and being ready to relax for a while to unwind before going to bed, and being greeted with your girlfriend saying that your child is gone? If it were me, I'm sure I would freak and who knows what I would say. He knew that his daughter was afraid of the dark and would never leave the home in the middle of the night, so the only option is that somebody took her. And his girlfriend supposedly slept right through it! So, his statement sure fits the situation. I'm kinda surprised he didn't say something worse.
I don't cuss, but in this situation, I'm sure that I would be spouting off every bad word I'd ever heard, whether I knew what it meant or not!

It would seem normal if we didn't know now that there was a huge fight, 20 unanswered calls, and visits from Ronald's family and Misty's family to see what was going on at the MH that night.

Pulling up to the yard after not having 20 calls answered after a huge fight would set the anger flowing, especially knowing that there was a 3 day party in the recent past where Misty was with another man.

The average male of the species wouldn't be "gosh, what is she doing up?" but more "Oh great, it's gonna start up again." But that's just my observation.

It would seem normal if we didn't know now that there was a huge fight, 20 unanswered calls, and visits from Ronald's family and Misty's family to see what was going on at the MH that night.

Pulling up to the yard after not having 20 calls answered after a huge fight would set the anger flowing, especially knowing that there was a 3 day party in the recent past where Misty was with another man.

The average male of the species wouldn't be "gosh, what is she doing up?" but more "Oh great, it's gonna start up again." But that's just my observation.

Yeah, I hear you. But I suspect those 20 calls were redialed rapidly during a work break and then he had to get back to work. So he had lots of time to let the anger dissipate before he went home. He made a quick stop by the store to grab beer & cigs before he went home, and even got Misty some cigs, which sounds like a peace offering to me. So I really think he was caught off guard and not like he came home itching for a fight.

Of course, we really don't know, but this is how it seems to me, based on the little we have been told.

Yeah, I hear you. But I suspect those 20 calls were redialed rapidly during a work break and then he had to get back to work. So he had lots of time to let the anger dissipate before he went home. He made a quick stop by the store to grab beer & cigs before he went home, and even got Misty some cigs, which sounds like a peace offering to me. So I really think he was caught off guard and not like he came home itching for a fight.

Of course, we really don't know, but this is how it seems to me, based on the little we have been told.

Hi,
I think the records show that the calls to Misty were done over a 90 minute, or hour and a half period of time.

I watched and listened to Nancy's special tonight on Haleigh's case.
Mainly I focused on the 911 call with all my attention. This time I noticed something I never noticed before - Misty does not seem to be fully engaged in the call.
Many times she has to ask the operator "Huh" or "What."
She seems to be paying much more attention to what's going on in the background, possibly what Ron is telling her or what he's ranting about.
Of course, there are some questions she can't answer - Haleigh's physical description and her birth date. Which is puzzling when she claims to love that little girl so much.
I came to the conclusion that Misty was not at all comfortable or had a sense of urgency in making this call. And that her attention was on Ron and not reporting a missing child. It was more of a duty than an emergency situation for her to make that call, is what I got from listening carefully to the call.
Okay, have at it. I'm sure there are many who disagree in my opinion and what I believe I heard beyond the words in this 911 call.

Normally, I would read this entire thread before I would post anything, but in this case I am so totally in agreement with you Azwriter. EveryTIME I have EVER listened to the 911 call, MC sounds so completely distracted. I almost get the feeling that she isn't really SERIOUS or actually INVOLVED. Like making a call to 911 about a missing child is just... what she had to do.. it's not real. She sounded as though she just wanted to get off the phone. "Hi, my BF's Daughter is missing, Kthxbai!" She didn't want to answer any of the operators questions and was completely unprepared for them. I would think a person reporting a child missing to 911 would be completely focused on the call and not distracted. I would be yelling for my DH or BF to shut up! so I could think and hear the operator.

JMO

O/T but the baby in your avi pic is absolutely adorable.

Hi,
I think the records show that the calls to Misty were done over a 90 minute, or hour and a half period of time.
Where was this information released by LE? I totally missed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels