2009.11.19 Defense files motion suggesting Kronk as the killer. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are thinking about a book deal it is good to have information from both sides. Not saying they are, it's just a good idea.

If you are thinking about a book deal it is good to have information from both sides. Not saying they are, it's just a good idea.

True, and I think LP is pretty close to Nick S and tries to keep him informed. This may all be about maintaining good communication with both sides. Although, with the omelette LP had on his face after he bonded KC out, I wouldn't blame him for joining the pack of those who are capitalizing on this. I find people trying to make up for being involved peripherally a lot less reprehensible than family members turning Caylee into a cottage industry or selling photos to support themselves.

The air is already full of the smell of backfire exhaust...

Did those ex wives, kids, etc have to talk to JB's PI? Were they required to or did they just agree to talk and be videoed of their own accord? It makes a difference to me in trying to assess their motives and honesty. TIA

Did those ex wives, kids, etc have to talk to JB's PI? Were they required to or did they just agree to talk and be videoed of their own accord? It makes a difference to me in trying to assess their motives and honesty. TIA

Statements were not taken in Florida so no one told them they had to give a statement. They were not under oath and I think if they were required to give a statement it would have to be done through the courts. And I'm not sure Florida can make them give statements. JMO Funny how JB went running up to NYC as soon as that information was released. Not winner many friends in the legal field I would think.

Since these people from Kronk's past have come forward and said that they think he had something to do with Caylee's death, can their words (typed) from posts they posted be used to prove that they are not being honest? In other words we have seen at least one of the ex-wives say that Kronk is a good man and now she is claiming that he did horrid things to her. I would imagine that she did not get paid to write her post however I do have to question if she was paid for this "new information" she has provided to the defense.

I'm wondering if he offered any 'licensing' fees -CBS style? :innocent:

Statements were not taken in Florida so no one told them they had to give a statement. They were not under oath and I think if they were required to give a statement it would have to be done through the courts. And I'm not sure Florida can make them give statements. JMO Funny how JB went running up to NYC as soon as that information was released. Not winner many friends in the legal field I would think.
Thank you, LambChop. It would follow then, wouldn't it, that all these people are liable for the truthfulness of their statements? So if they were just blowing smoke then Kronk would have cause for a defamation suit against them. As opposed to, if they were under oath and being deposed, being asked their opinions about Kronk. Or am I all mixed up and just hopeful? :waitasec: :crazy:

Thank you, LambChop. It would follow then, wouldn't it, that all these people are liable for the truthfulness of their statements? So if they were just blowing smoke then Kronk would have cause for a defamation suit against them. As opposed to, if they were under oath and being deposed, being asked their opinions about Kronk. Or am I all mixed up and just hopeful? :waitasec: :crazy:

Not a legal expert but I would think so. Question is these videos were released to the media and who is responsible for that. Also suspect is the videos have been edited so did we just see the negative parts and maybe selected material and not the whole truth. I mean there appears to be no police reports so he may have taped her up to keep her from hitting him with a baseball bat....oh, no wait that was CA with the darn bat. So see, we did not get the whole story here for sure. If RK had a police record of duct taping women up and hiding them in his shed there might be some cause for concern. Have to wonder if the PI didn't tell his ex-wife that RK was telling everyone she had died right before he interviewed her. She sure looks mad and whatever there relationship she has not let things go and moved on, she is still holding on to them.

To say what she did about believing he killed Caylee. Huge mistake, huge. JMO

Not a legal expert but I would think so. Question is these videos were released to the media and who is responsible for that. Also suspect is the videos have been edited so did we just see the negative parts and maybe selected material and not the whole truth. I mean there appears to be no police reports so he may have taped her up to keep her from hitting him with a baseball bat....oh, no wait that was CA with the darn bat. So see, we did not get the whole story here for sure. If RK had a police record of duct taping women up and hiding them in his shed there might be some cause for concern. Have to wonder if the PI didn't tell his ex-wife that RK was telling everyone she had died right before he interviewed her. She sure looks mad and whatever there relationship she has not let things go and moved on, she is still holding on to them.

To say what she did about believing he killed Caylee. Huge mistake, huge. JMO

Amen. The current divorce rate is what- about 50% of all marriages?- so likely that demographic will be present on the Jury - they will see right through this Ex-wife gets even story

I think the operative problem here is that it is JB that put this out in the media, not the people he had interviewed. Using a sleazy tactic like stapling it onto a "motion" to make it look official is pretty bad. But I think he really messed up when he went on his little media junket and commented on all the footage of the interviews he obviously sent the media (cuz I doubt if JVM petitioned via any Sunshine Law to get that clip; it had to have arrived in JB's hot little hands.) So I think JB is the one who may be the target of any future defamation lawsuit as he made all of the stuff very public.

I think the operative problem here is that it is JB that put this out in the media, not the people he had interviewed. Using a sleazy tactic like stapling it onto a "motion" to make it look official is pretty bad. But I think he really messed up when he went on his little media junket and commented on all the footage of the interviews he obviously sent the media (cuz I doubt if JVM petitioned via any Sunshine Law to get that clip; it had to have arrived in JB's hot little hands.) So I think JB is the one who may be the target of any future defamation lawsuit as he made all of the stuff very public.

OhhhhKay! That would be even better!

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/11/22/in-defense-of-the-casey-anthony-defense/

Wow, wow, wow! You all must read this blog by Richard Hornsby, attorney who provides legal analysis for WESH.

He thinks Baez's motion about Kronk is right on legally and stragically. He also totally slams WFTV's Bill Sheaffer. Here's a sample:

"So I am posting this in direct response to Mr. Sheaffer’s comments regarding the Motion and openly questioning his knowledge of the law, his objectivity, and his own “sense of decency.”

I think it is time that someone puts WFTV-ABC reporter Kathi Belich and her sidekick Mr. Sheaffer to task for their Pro-Prosecution pandering to the anti-Anthony sentiment"

Later on he also basically accuses Sheaffer of getting inside information from the State Attorney's office through Belich who he says used to date Jeff Ashton.

The article is long (I'm still trying to get through it all) but it's very informative about FL law and why Hornsby thinks this motion might work.

He sure has taken off his gloves when it comes to Sheaffer though and I will interested to see if Sheaffer comes back with a response on his blog. It could get pretty interesting.

I can't wait to see how the state questions these ex's in court (if they make it that far, which I doubt they will). Pretty sneaky of Jose to "disseminate" all this info to the public when he could have gone to the court with it, but that explains his motives I believe. He knows it won't be allowed in court so he is plastering it all over the media. I hope that Judge S. is good and mad about this unprofessional tactic, I can't wait to see what he has to say on the matter.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/11/22/in-defense-of-the-casey-anthony-defense/

Wow, wow, wow! You all must read this blog by Richard Hornsby, attorney who provides legal analysis for WESH.

He thinks Baez's motion about Kronk is right on legally and stragically. He also totally slams WFTV's Bill Sheaffer. Here's a sample:

"So I am posting this in direct response to Mr. Sheaffer’s comments regarding the Motion and openly questioning his knowledge of the law, his objectivity, and his own “sense of decency.”

I think it is time that someone puts WFTV-ABC reporter Kathi Belich and her sidekick Mr. Sheaffer to task for their Pro-Prosecution pandering to the anti-Anthony sentiment"

Later on he also basically accuses Sheaffer of getting inside information from the State Attorney's office through Belich who he says used to date Jeff Ashton.

The article is long (I'm still trying to get through it all) but it's very informative about FL law and why Hornsby thinks this motion might work.

He sure has taken off his gloves when it comes to Sheaffer though and I will interested to see if Sheaffer comes back with a response on his blog. It could get pretty interesting.

I expect we will see a response from Bill S. pretty soon. Who's Richard H working for (besides WESH), is my question.

I expect we will see a response from Bill S. pretty soon. Who's Richard H working for (besides WESH), is my question.

Somebody commented that he says he is not getting paid - but I doubt it hurts that he is WESH-TV. A competitor of WFTV (abc) and a CBS affiliate.

Hmmm...the same network that brought us the lovely 48 Hours special and whose publishing arm Simon and Schuster seem to have a book deal on the table. Yeah, he's not biased in the least...

Okay, have another question. Now that JB has opened the door to RK's ex that claims she believes he killed Caylee will LE send someone up there to take a statement under oath from her personally or will it be the FBI. Now that would be a video I would love to see. Since LE investigated all the tips on the Crimeline wouldn't this new revelation warrant some type of investigation?

Sounds like sour grapes to me- and ratings envy.

I am concerned about this, honestly. I believe 110% that Casey is guilty as sin and I could convict her today. But I am a little worried about people who haven't followed as closely ... I do see this as being an issue for some jurors.
I don't see it as a problem for an intelligent juror who pays attention to the trial. Casey didn't report Casey missing, her mother did after discovering she was no where to be found 31 days afterward...Casey told LE that ZFG was Caylee's nanny, she had left Caylee with ZFG, and Caylee went missing...there is forensic evidence in Casey's car trunk pointing to a decomposing Caylee being in there...no one else was driving Casey's car during that time...Casey tells her friend AH that her car smelled blaming a dead rodent or something her dad must have run over...GA picks the car up from the towyard and fears the worst...Caylee is ultimately found down the street from the A's house with items that came from the house...and on and on. I'd really like to know how RK could be involved except for finding (thankfully!) Caylee's remains. :waitasec: MOO

Okay, have another question. Now that JB has opened the door to RK's ex that claims she believes he killed Caylee will LE send someone up there to take a statement under oath from her personally or will it be the FBI. Now that would be a video I would love to see. Since LE investigated all the tips on the Crimeline wouldn't this new revelation warrant some type of investigation?
It sounds to me like RK's ex has nothing more than a grudge against him. I'd like to know how she (or anyone) believes he killed Caylee. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500