2009.11.19 Defense files motion suggesting Kronk as the killer. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it as a problem for an intelligent juror who pays attention to the trial. Casey didn't report Casey missing, her mother did after discovering she was no where to be found 31 days afterward...Casey told LE that ZFG was Caylee's nanny, she had left Caylee with ZFG, and Caylee went missing...there is forensic evidence in Casey's car trunk pointing to a decomposing Caylee being in there...no one else was driving Casey's car during that time...Casey tells her friend AH that her car smelled blaming a dead rodent or something her dad must have run over...GA picks the car up from the towyard and fears the worst...Caylee is ultimately found down the street from the A's house with items that came from the house...and on and on. I'd really like to know how RK could be involved except for finding (thankfully!) Caylee's remains. :waitasec: MOO

Great summation, panthera.

I think, in the end, the Kronk did it defense is going to be about as believable as the "Michael Jackson did it" defense, the "Elvis did it" defense or the "alien abduction" defense.

Sounds like sour grapes to me- and ratings envy.

Yeah, I agree. I find the differing legal opinions interesting though, and the comments after the article are good. Hornsby responds to a lot of the comments too. You know, I've enjoyed watching both of their commentaries over the past year and a half and found both of them to be knowledgable and credible, but I don't have a legal background.

To me, it seems that law is really subject to interpretation. That's why we have judges, the appellate and supreme court right? So, couldn't both Sheaffer and Hornsby be correct in their interpretation? If so, Hornsby's reaction does seem to be pretty childish, insulting, egotistical with some sort of personal vendetta or like you said - ratings envy. Either way I can't wait to read Sheaffer's reply to this blog and Judge Strickland's ruling on this motion.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/11/22/in-defense-of-the-casey-anthony-defense/

Wow, wow, wow! You all must read this blog by Richard Hornsby, attorney who provides legal analysis for WESH.

He thinks Baez's motion about Kronk is right on legally and stragically. He also totally slams WFTV's Bill Sheaffer. Here's a sample:

"So I am posting this in direct response to Mr. Sheaffer’s comments regarding the Motion and openly questioning his knowledge of the law, his objectivity, and his own “sense of decency.”

I think it is time that someone puts WFTV-ABC reporter Kathi Belich and her sidekick Mr. Sheaffer to task for their Pro-Prosecution pandering to the anti-Anthony sentiment"

Later on he also basically accuses Sheaffer of getting inside information from the State Attorney's office through Belich who he says used to date Jeff Ashton.

The article is long (I'm still trying to get through it all) but it's very informative about FL law and why Hornsby thinks this motion might work.

He sure has taken off his gloves when it comes to Sheaffer though and I will interested to see if Sheaffer comes back with a response on his blog. It could get pretty interesting.

CLIPPED FROM TODAY'S CURRENT NEWS:

See July 31, 2008 Email exchange between Jose Baez and Richard Hornsby

http://www.richardhornsby.com/Library/pdf/cases/casey-anthony/20080731-Email-Exchange.pdf

http://www.richardhornsby.com/Librar...l-Exchange.pdf

Well that explains a lot, especially if Mr. Hornsby is still giving Baez his advice. Seems like Baez might have missed advice #4. He needs to re-read that one.

Here's the link for anyone else interested (yours was broken)
Thanks for posting it though.

http://www.richardhornsby.com/Library/pdf/cases/casey-anthony/20080731-Email-Exchange.pdf

Yeah, I agree. I find the differing legal opinions interesting though, and the comments after the article are good. Hornsby responds to a lot of the comments too. You know, I've enjoyed watching both of their commentaries over the past year and a half and found both of them to be knowledgable and credible, but I don't have a legal background.

To me, it seems that law is really subject to interpretation. That's why we have judges, the appellate and supreme court right? So, couldn't both Sheaffer and Hornsby be correct in their interpretation? If so, Hornsby's reaction does seem to be pretty childish, insulting, egotistical with some sort of personal vendetta or like you said - ratings envy. Either way I can't wait to read Sheaffer's reply to this blog and Judge Strickland's ruling on this motion.

Yes, but I have a mini-crush on Sheaffer! :woohoo:

That was interesting...I hadn't seen that before.

Is the defense team forgetting that KC already told the police that she gave her daughter to the nanny??? This Kronk thing makes absolutely no sense!? I can't wait for this nonsense case to be over.

Sounds like sour grapes to me- and ratings envy.

Totally, 'specially since I have yet to see a talking head attorney that is going "You rock" to anything that man does. They all have to work really hard to say anything at all, and generally stay away from him or his strategies. I think they are afraid that JB is lowering the bar, pun intended, for defense attorneys everywhere.

Great summation, panthera.

I think, in the end, the Kronk did it defense is going to be about as believable as the "Michael Jackson did it" defense, the "Elvis did it" defense or the "alien abduction" defense.
BBM

Hey! Watch it there, my friend! :nono:

:crazy:

Is the defense team forgetting that KC already told the police that she gave her daughter to the nanny??? This Kronk thing makes absolutely no sense!? I can't wait for this nonsense case to be over.
They sure seem to be. The state is going to tell the jury that Casey lied about ZFG and portray her as a liar. So now the defense is going to agree that she is and admit she lied to LE about ZFG? That sure will go a long way to convincing the jury she's innocent! NOT! :behindbar MOO

Very interesting. You'd think he would have to disclose the nature of his relationship with Baez before speaking about the case, especially if he is bringing up Kathi Belich's alleged relationship with Ashton.

Wonder if anyone has brought this email correspondence to Bill Sheaffer's attention yet? He might be as interested as we were.

Well I notice the only thing JB did on that free advice list of stuff was to have CA and GA get their own attorney (telling CA to shut up is an exercise in futility, she cannot resist). He sure didn't heed any warning about keeping out of the media and refraining from commenting.

I wish we had a pic of JB on Geraldo's yacht - we could blow it up and put it on a teeshirt for Muzikman to wear when he is in court.

On Fox tonight Ted Williams speaks for clients Crystal Sparks and son Brandon says prosecution has not contacted them. Dr. Baden trying to say maggot evidence shows that Caylee's body was not in woods the entire time.

Well I notice the only thing JB did on that free advice list of stuff was to have CA and GA get their own attorney (telling CA to shut up is an exercise in futility, she cannot resist). He sure didn't heed any warning about keeping out of the media and refraining from commenting.

I wish we had a pic of JB on Geraldo's yacht - we could blow it up and put it on a teeshirt for Muzikman to wear when he is in court.
I think that video is still on FOX's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member