2010.02.16 Document Release: Stain on Trunk Liner

Hmm... I just can't see it (the outline of a child). Just looks like a half-circle shaped stain, to me.

I do not know how to copy a picture over. I tried emailing it to myself but did not get anything. This link is from Today's Current News thread. Pictures 20, 21, 22, etc. On the left hand side of the circle is a stain that appears to be the outline of a child.

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/22578293/detail.html

Yes, if you even just look in the thumbnail pic you can see a white outline there that to my eyes appears to be a child's outline.

Here are your pictures, top and bottom of the wheel cover. I do see a stain, however, I can't make out a shape.
Just looks like a big stain that someone poured a cleaner of some sort directly on the stain to saturate it, I say this because I see a whiteish stain towards the edge of the original stain. There also appears to be some rust colored "markings" on the directions :waitasec:
Trunk2Released2162010.jpg

TrunkReleased2162010.jpg
Thinking fetal position, head down at bottom of stain, body and start of leg area at the top of the stain, right hand side. This would have been in the wheel well area.

I flipped the images to how the piece would have fit into the trunk liner
Trunk3Released2162010.jpg

Thanks, Eidetic. Apparently Caylee may have been in the wheel well. JMO

Yes, if you even just look in the thumbnail pic you can see a white outline there that to my eyes appears to be a child's outline.

Isn't the spare tire spot the size of a real tire or a tiny tire? For those of you who think Caylee may have been in there at one time, how could that stain be from Caylee? She'd have to be the size of the Mama doll, no? Or do I have my head on backwards? :waitasec:

It's a Pontiac so I would image it is a regular size tire and the well could hold a small child. Mine could.

Here is a sad little picture of a close up of the back piece they cut from the wheel cover. It appears someone hadn't been able to clean this area so well :sick:

TrunkSampleReleased2162010.jpg

Thanks, Eidetic. Apparently Caylee may have been in the wheel well. JMO

I think it is still likely she was on top of it. If you notice the stain, it is not a full circle. I picture her pushed in towards the far back of the trunk/rear seat, partially on the wheel cover.

Do we have the depth of the tire well?

Isn't the spare tire spot the size of a real tire or a tiny tire? For those of you who think Caylee may have been in there at one time, how could that stain be from Caylee? She'd have to be the size of the Mama doll, no? Or do I have my head on backwards? :waitasec:

If Caylee was in a bag that leaked, only what seeped out of the bag would stain. No trunk fibers were in the mass of Caylee's hair that found with her skull which, to me, indicates Caylee was put in a bag before going in the trunk.

Photo 21 is disturbing to say the least. I do see what is being pointed out. Also it has an oily appearance as if it could be from a body? That was hard to type much less think about.
Photo 24 is very disturbing as well. I don't know how to put into words what I'm feeling about it.
I pray to God that something was found from the testing to prove that Caylee was in that trunk.

It's a Pontiac so I would image it is a regular size tire and the well could hold a small child. Mine could.

What about those dounut tires? They aren't as big as a regular tire.

I am also of the opinion that Caylee wasn't "in" the spare tire holder but on top of it somehow toward the back of the trunk.

Only the part of the body that was over the circle (the tire well) seeped into the carpet. That looks like only 1/4 of Caylee's body. If she was in a bag, only where the bag leaked would stain.

If Caylee was in a bag that leaked, only what seeped out of the bag would stain. No trunk fibers were in the mass of Caylee's hair that found with her skull which, to me, indicates Caylee was put in a bag before going in the trunk.

So it could have been fluids leaking and the impression of the bag on top of the fluid, sort of like an ink blot?

I see a stain with white edges. Let's not get carried away here - use the 'book in the woods by Caylee's body' as a cautionary tale. Think about all the things posters thought they saw by that 'book' and what it actually turned out to be. Would any of us even be looking for the shape of a body if we had not seen the email or note from a tech who said she 'thought' she saw something? that is definitely a stain of some sort - we will have to wait for testing results to know what the stain is and when it happened. An older car could very possbily have stains all over the trunk - I know my old car did.

I see a stain with white edges. Let's not get carried away here - use the 'book in the woods by Caylee's body' as a cautionary tale. Think about all the things posters thought they saw by that 'book' and what it actually turned out to be. Would any of us even be looking for the shape of a body if we had not seen the email or note from a tech who said she 'thought' she saw something? that is definitely a stain of some sort - we will have to wait for testing results to know what the stain is and when it happened. An older car could very possbily have stains all over the trunk - I know my old car did.

What you're saying is true but this is a crime evidence photo. JMO

Does anyone have a Sunfire? Can someone tell me which way the spare tire cover is oriented in the trunk? Is the rounded part towards the front (bumper) of the trunk, or is it closest to the backseat? TIA

trunk.jpg

This is from Motor Trend

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther