2010.02.16 Document Release: Stain on Trunk Liner

What you're saying is true but this is a crime evidence photo. JMO

I know, but the 'book' was in a crime scene photo too. Granted it was just the corner of the photo, but we saw what it was when more photos were released. I am not saying that the stain isn't anything other than just a blob, all I am saying is we need to remember that sometimes we will see what we want to see or are influenced by something we have seen or read.

Thanks so much. I've always believed that Caylee was placed as deeply in the trunk as she could get her, and knowing that the rounded part is situated in that area strengthens my hypothesis.

I'm thinking the same thing. Put her in the well and covered her with the wheel fabric cover and maybe tire on top and then off to Blockbusters without missing a step. JMO

What I find interesting is the really white stain in the top right of the picture showing the underside of the cover. To me a bright white stain like that would indicate bleach. However on the carpet side of the cover the carpet isn't discolored like it would be with bleach usage. The material for the cover looks to be particle board.

Just looking at a picture though it's anyones guess what these stains could be.

Can someone owning a sunfire take out their doughnut and measure depth and width (side to side) to give us an idea if KC could "shove & stuff" (awful I know but not beyond KC) Caylee's lifeless body into a wheel well. Remember we are not talking about a live child, but one she could shove down and bend anyway she needed to to hide her there.

I'm sick thinking of it.

MOO

I know, but the 'book' was in a crime scene photo too. Granted it was just the corner of the photo, but we saw what it was when more photos were released. I am not saying that the stain isn't anything other than just a blob, all I am saying is we need to remember that sometimes we will see what we want to see or are influenced by something we have seen or read.

Oh I agree. But based on the FBI report prior to any testing on these objects, the fact that these pictures have been withheld for so long, plus if this is what it appears to be how damning will it be for the Princess. Look at the pictures following the series. This piece of evidence went into a container and was sealed with evidence tape. There was something on it!!!! JMO

I'm thinking the same thing. Put her in the well and covered her with the wheel fabric cover and maybe tire on top and then off to Blockbusters without missing a step. JMO

I don't see her being in that spare tire well (which is completely different to a wheel well (which, for the record I don't see her being in, either)).

(The next was hard to think about, let alone type.) I don't think that there would be staining from the body on something that was placed on top of the body. The fluids would leak downwards, away from the spare tire lid, IMHO.

God bless you, Caylee Marie.

Can someone owning a sunfire take out their doughnut and measure depth and width (side to side) to give us an idea if KC could "shove & stuff" (awful I know but not beyond KC) Caylee's lifeless body into a wheel well. Remember we are not talking about a live child, but one she could shove down and bend anyway she needed to to hide her there.

I'm sick thinking of it.

MOO

1998 2 door Pontiac Sunfire specs

http://www.lemonfree.com/reviews.php?year=1998&make=Pontiac&model=Sunfire

Wheelbase: 104.1
Length/width/height: 181.9/ 67.4/ 53.0
Track, f/r: 57.6/56.4
Turning circle: 37.2

Isn't the spare tire spot the size of a real tire or a tiny tire? For those of you who think Caylee may have been in there at one time, how could that stain be from Caylee? She'd have to be the size of the Mama doll, no? Or do I have my head on backwards? :waitasec:

A spare tire is bigger than "momma doll" and the well also holds the jack. So no she would not have to be as small as momma doll to fit. Remember that we are talking a dead child also ....one who can be manipulated w/o sound or fighting back.

moo

I dont think that would work unless she took the spare out.
The stain in these pictures are the back side of the spare tire cover or trunk liner which faces down on the spare tire. IMO, the pictures shows where the stain seepes through. I think she just threw her in the trunk like trash with the rest of the trash and the bag she was in was somehow was up against the "tire well" area and that is the stains on that area in the other pictures "tire well pictures".

Didn't KC say she had recently had a flat tire? She may not have had a spare in the car? And we do not see a spare tire in evidence which I would expect to see some testing on also if it were in that well. JMO

Yes, I remember her saying she'd had a flat. It's possible that small tire was out of that well. Also, in some cars you can fit a full size tire into the well, even though it may come stocked with a tiny one. I definitely think a toddler would have fit inside the well.

I guess it's true that that stain could in fact be anything, but i'm betting it's exactly what it looks like, Caylee's imprint. Poor sweet innocent baby.

To me the stain would indicate that what ever caused it leaked down from the carpet side and stained the board underneath. This stain to me is not indicative of being placed on top of something but is more in line with seepage from something being placed on top of it. You can tell by the way the stain seems to "spread out". Course with out having the actual item right in front of us it's all just a guess.

1998 2 door Pontiac Sunfire specs

http://www.lemonfree.com/reviews.php?year=1998&make=Pontiac&model=Sunfire

Wheelbase: 104.1
Length/width/height: 181.9/ 67.4/ 53.0
Track, f/r: 57.6/56.4
Turning circle: 37.2

TY

I am assuming that is cm's. When I convert it, I must be doing it incorrectly b/c it comes out that a regular wheel is 40" by 26" and that CAN'T be right!

Thanks for the site but I read all of it and can't find any info on wheel well size.

Anyone out there with a sunfire?

moo

Using a process called Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy, or LIBS, investigators from the University of Tennessee's Anthropological Research Facility concluded that the evidence from the trunk is consistent with a decompositional event of human origin.

Edited to add link.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22578816/detail.html

George Anthony's interview with LE regarding the stain and the location of the stain:

PAGE 23

GA: You know and I smell and I’m like, “Oh, God.” I tried to start the car for a second and I said, “No, George, if there’s something wrong. You got to find out now. You can’t take it away.” I told the guy, I said, “Will you please walk around to the back of this car and look inside this with me?” As I walked around, I don’t believe I said to him you know aloud and I, I think I whispered out to myself “Please don’t let this be my Caylee.” That’s what I thought. That’s what I, my heart was saying. I opened it up and that’s when I seen that bag. I did see a stain. I think

PAGE 24

it’s right about where the spare tire was at. Basketball size, or something around there. I don’t know if it’s exactly circular.
YM: Was it where though? Was it where the bag was, or was it next to the bags?
GA: I don’t know. But the bag was on the, you know where the taillight is on the left hand side?
YM: (Affirmative).
GA: The bag was centered more towards that area.
YM: So the bag wasn’t on the stain? The stain was a different spot.
GA: It was, yeah (affirmative), it was, it was right over there. And as the guy, the guy reached inside himself and he says, “Oh, my God.” And that’s when I saw the, the pizza box. I saw what I believe were some kind of insect able (sic) type things and then…
YM: So the bag was open? Was it pouring out on….
GA: No, no, no. The, the bag was closed.

Using a process called Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy, or LIBS, investigators from the University of Tennessee's Anthropological Research Facility concluded that the evidence from the trunk is consistent with a decompositional event of human origin.

Dr. Vass's report (released a long time ago but worth rereading):

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0619/19801995.pdf

A 1998 pontiac sunfire uses a P195/70R14 90T for tires. However the spare is a doughnut type tire. The R14 is the rim size and means the wheel is 14inches a crossed (with out tire). I believe the spare would be slightly smaller. So the well for the spare is going to be between say 14 inches and maybe 18 inches a crossed. Now how tall was Caylee?

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/index.jsp

Here are your pictures, top and bottom of the wheel cover. I do see a stain, however, I can't make out a shape.
Just looks like a big stain that someone poured a cleaner of some sort directly on the stain to saturate it, I say this because I see a whiteish stain towards the edge of the original stain. There also appears to be some rust colored "markings" on the directions :waitasec:
Trunk2Released2162010.jpg

TrunkReleased2162010.jpg

I flipped the images to how the piece would have fit into the trunk liner
Trunk3Released2162010.jpg

For the record, I don't think that the stain is an outline of Caylee. First is because of the size. The stain covers less than 1/4 of the board. A two year old, even if bent into the fetal position would take up more of the space IMO. Second is because if the board was lying over and against Caylee's body, there would be voids in the stain, where parts of Caylee's body weren't against the board. For instance the neck area would never come into contact with the board. Third liquids drip down. Which means that the decomp liquid would mainly be under Caylee's remains, not on top. Only the part that was in actual contact with her remains would have been stained.

If you think about it, if you have ever tried to wipe up a large amount of liquid in a porus material, you know that the liquid doesn't stay in a perfect round spot. The edges will be a bit wavy where it absorbs better in some places than others. To me what this shows is where something (a leaking bag with Caylee's remains in it for instance) were on top of the board for a period of time. And over a period of time, with the liquid dripping down (it wouldn't be a gush) it was absorbed by the board. Then over time the liquid would dry and evaporate leaving some of the body's chemicals in the board material. Since the body contains salts and other materials, I believe that is what is causing the whitish outline, it is a concentration of the salts.

What I find interesting is the really white stain in the top right of the picture showing the underside of the cover. To me a bright white stain like that would indicate bleach. However on the carpet side of the cover the carpet isn't discolored like it would be with bleach usage. The material for the cover looks to be particle board.

Just looking at a picture though it's anyones guess what these stains could be.

BBM

I am wondering if the light white stain is a salty matter as we have salt in our bodies. I wish we had written results of the test done on this stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back