2010.02.18 Interview of Cecilia Benhaida (Skye)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If KC and RA were in the same cell block and CB was the trustee responsible for cleaning their cells, bringing clean uniforms and delivering food trays then how could CB not recognize RA?

Cecelia said that RA looks a little familiar but she can't recall why or where she may have seen her before - okay then. Same thing regarding Maya who was in and around Dorms L and/or K when CB was there (I didn't check the dates thoroughly but the info is in the docs).

It's obvious to me that Cecelia does not want to admit to LE that she knows RA or MD. I wonder why that would be - :waitasec:.

Hmm - I never thought of looking at it that way. I'd just assumed she actually didn't know very much at all of what was going on except knowing who Casey was - and maybe just embroidered the story to get a bit more over into the spotlight.

Hmm - I never thought of looking at it that way. I'd just assumed she actually didn't know very much at all of what was going on except knowing who Casey was - and maybe just embroidered the story to get a bit more over into the spotlight.

What do you mean? CB spent several hours a day, every day in the area of the prison where RA and MD were staying. How could she not see them just like she did KC? It doesn't seem reasonable to me that CB would not know them simply by being in jail at the same time they were in jail. :waitasec:

If she had said I know them from the jail but don't know, know them, it would be more believable than her pretending not to know of them at all - that makes me think she knows them in some way she doesn't want LE to know about.

Also, she offers to LE that she didn't know KC before jail but LE didn't ask her that question - causes me to think that she did know KC prior to jail.

What do you mean? CB spent several hours a day, every day in the area of the prison where RA and MD were staying. How could she not see them just like she did KC? It doesn't seem reasonable to me that CB would not know them simply by being in jail at the same time they were in jail. :waitasec:

If she had said I know them from the jail but don't know, know them, it would be more believable than her pretending not to know of them at all - that makes me think she knows them in some way she doesn't want LE to know about.

Also, she offers to LE that she didn't know KC before jail but LE didn't ask her that question - causes me to think that she did know KC prior to jail.

CB would to be actually interested in Casey because she was on TV pretty often then with lots of discussion about her charges going on, and because it was her daughter everyone was talking about. RA and MD were in their cells for 24 hours a day and would be just ordinary prisoners to her. Why look at them deeply to remember who they were?
I don't believe someone with CB's background would know middle class Casey before they met in the jail, not at all.

:truce:
CB would to be actually interested in Casey because she was on TV pretty often then with lots of discussion about her charges going on, and because it was her daughter everyone was talking about. RA and MD were in their cells for 24 hours a day and would be just ordinary prisoners to her. Why look at them deeply to remember who they were?
I don't believe someone with CB's background would know middle class Casey before they met in the jail, not at all.

I can imagine at the jail everyone talks about everyone else - like gossip in a small town. It seems to me that it would be difficult to not know of the other prisoners, especially if you worked in their same area every day.

It's possible to know people through different avenues regardless of class. I'm not saying that I'm sure CB knew KC prior to jail but CB's comment that she didn't stuck out like a sore thumb and causes to me to question if she may have known KC prior to jail.

:truce:

I can imagine at the jail everyone talks about everyone else - like gossip in a small town. It seems to me that it would be difficult to not know of the other prisoners, especially if you worked in their same area every day.

It's possible to know people through different avenues regardless of class. I'm not saying that I'm sure CB knew KC prior to jail but CB's comment that she didn't stuck out like a sore thumb and causes to me to question if she may have known KC prior to jail.

I didn't think that was odd at all since the whole concept of the interview was to talk about her interactions with Casey.

pretty weird about the name similarities benhaida/zenaida, Casey's stories about Zany involving a sister and a guy named Jeff, Krystal's boyfriend being named Jeff, Krystal saying George's description of Zany fits her own appearance exactly, Krystal making payments to George, etc. Presumably these people have nothing to do with anything besides Krystal befriending George at a tent after Caylee's disappearance, but I just don't quite know what to make of it yet.

How long after the 911 call made by Cindy was Casey brought in by LE for questioning? I was wondering if the name, Zenaida came up before she was questioned by LE, while she was still at home with Cindy and George.

How long after the 911 call made by Cindy was Casey brought in by LE for questioning? I was wondering if the name, Zenaida came up before she was questioned by LE, while she was still at home with Cindy and George.

IIRC, she said and spelled the name to the 911 operator.

ETA: I'll try to find the link to the 3rd call by Cindy where she put Casey on the phone

ETA2: http://www.wftv.com/video/16980866/index.html at the 3:25 mark

Thanks, LandAuxvasse. I was thinking George may have known Krystal before Caylee was known to be missing and maybe helped Casey come up with a description to aid in a cover up. I have a very suspicious mind set with this case.

Thanks, LandAuxvasse. I was thinking George may have known Krystal before Caylee was known to be missing and maybe helped Casey come up with a description to aid in a cover up. I have a very suspicious mind set with this case.

I think it's all pretty weird (or in WS talk, hinky) too (as are a lot of things in this case) but I think (IMO) that George's and Casey's descriptions of Zany are not a lot alike. Casey told Cindy in the jailhouse visit video that Zany had no tattoos that she could see in a bikini. George said Zany had a tattoo down her arm (although I've never found a link to that particular item)... and, also, IIRC, in the visit video, Casey sort of changed the description a little with the "curly hair" detail and Cindy said she thought it was straight and Casey excused it with the hair straightener... IMO Casey's description was made up on the fly... it was probably closer to a character from one of her favorite night time soaps than an actual person she knew?

To bring my post back to topic, I do believe that Sky has somehow managed to work herself into the story, but I feel like it was after her time in jail, not before. It would not surprise me if the two sisters tried to somehow blackmail George, who managed to get away, and when that didn't work went with the affair story. I really hope they don't use either sister in the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon