2010.05.28 ~ Art Harris the Letter Misty sent to Chelsea

I say its a sad state of affairs when anyone tries benefit financially off a sad situation such as a missing child. It's totally uncalled for. The Croslins are not even related to the Cummings or Sheffields, with the exception of Misty being married to Ronald for 6 months. I don't know why the state is flipping the bill for any of these people to sit around on their butts and gloat. Instead of the state handing them money why the heck don't they force them to earn their keep by going out and pick up trash along the highways or cleanup a park? There's a lot of odd jobs the state could have them do and in the end it could save the state some money. I do feel sorry for Hank Sr. It seems to me he has gotten a raw deal with the car accident. His doctor bills should have been paid for along with any surgeries he needs and any loss wages, but the rest of them shouldn't be allowed to mooch off the state and the same goes up there in MA where Timmy and Chelsea are concerned.

I don't know if this is an appropriate thing to say or not, but I do not know anyone else who gets a tattoo of their husband's sister's boyfriend's daughter on themselves. I wouldn't think of it but that's just me. IMO that is odd.

I'd bet that Chelsea wants a car instead of money, because any cash given would affect food stamp amounts coming in, but a vehicle might not. She and Timmy should get jobs with differing shifts so that they have no child care expenses. Pay coworkers for rides and ride the bus like other people down on their luck until saving up for a good down payment on a reliable vehicle!

I don't mean to be cruel, but what you have written makes sense to the average person...I don't think it applies in this case, where nothing has made any sense...think of the opposite of what most of us would do and that's probably closer to what will occur...

Not a strange thought at all, oceanwatch, especially considering the fact that they barely had time to KNOW Haleigh in those couple months that the Croslins met the Cummings.
Sheesh!!! You really knocked me and anyone reading your post into reality with your statement. Odd.................(to say the LEAST).

I think we have to remember here, that Timmy, Tommy, Lindsay & Chelsea knew of HaLeigh for 4 months before HaLeigh's Ambert alert went out.

THat is only 120 days...I am sure there is no special attachment with HaLeigh, or that they know anything about her other than Misty dates HaLeigh's dad . Therefore, there is NO ounce of ANYTHING from any of these people.

EXACTLY!! They are just trying to get their 10 minutes of fame, and profit from this tragedy. That whole bunch seems to be [unusual people] who just 'use' people and probably play 'the system' as well.:furious:

I would hate it - but would not be surprised if LP doesn't go ahead and get them a car for the letter. Why he'd do it - I have no idea, but it just wouldn't surprise me. Exactly what does he 'gain' by offering to bail these criminals out of jail and all that? He confuses me sometimes. :waitasec:

:rant:
:rage::rage::rage:
:burn:
:banghead:
:censored:
:drink: nope I still dont feel better

Chelsea said it was “tearing me apart. I felt like I was close to a nervous breakdown", so she told Misty to write it down, and now Chelsea's trying to bargain. What happened to being torn apart and having a nervous breakdown over Haleigh? :rolleyes: Poor Haleigh. :shakehead:

Suppose what happened to Haleigh doesn't tear her apart, just that people weren't telling her all their secrets, and no one gives them a car. :waitasec:

This piece is confusingly written, IMO. Who do all the she's refer to? I first took it to mean that Chelsea's sister in law is married to Timmy but I suppose he just made an unclear reference and really means Misty's sister in law. Whose attorney is he talking about? It reads like it's Chelsea's attorney but does he mean Fields? How would Chelsea's attorney know what Misty said about any docks?

Chelsea has told me
that she begged Misty to write her what really happened to Haleigh Cummings because all the conflicting stories were “tearing me apart. I felt like I was close to a nervous breakdown, so I asked her to tell me what happened, and she wrote me a two page letter that lays it all out. It made me feel much better about her and I feel she’s telling the truth.”

Her sister in law, who is married to Croslin’s other brother, Timmy, has declined to release the letter, but says she’d be willing to part with it for a reliable car to take Timmy to work and the kids to school. Her attorney confirms the letter is legitimate and that law enforcement has a copy.

But he believes Misty may be confusing the dock from the one she claims Tommy pointed out to her one day when they were walking near the water as the dock he watched cousin Joe Overstreet use to dump the body into the St. John’s River early Feb. 10, 2009. “I think the police actually have the right dock, but that Misty was confused and just didn’t remember it right, he tells me.

Not a strange thought at all, oceanwatch, especially considering the fact that they barely had time to KNOW Haleigh in those couple months that the Croslins met the Cummings.
Sheesh!!! You really knocked me and anyone reading your post into reality with your statement. Odd.................(to say the LEAST).

I agree with your assessment, it is indeed odd.

By the strangest of coincidences, it is the EXACT same amount of time that TN and GGM knew Misty yet they told the world, in glowing terms, how well they knew her. That, I find particularly odd.

Reading these folks is as challenging as Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying." mo :stretch:

This deserves much more then HTLB (hit the thanks button), this is also my opinion. WHY is Timmy afraid he will be arrested if he goes to Satsuma? And why is a grown man called Timmy?

Well you got Tommy, Timmy, and Sissy.

Well you got Tommy, Timmy, and Sissy.

I'm sorry, I know the Croslins are a frustrating family. But I am taking offense to all the making fun of southern custom. I have been called Sissy all my life my dad is a Bubba and I have three cousins named Tommy. None of us have ever been arrested or under police investigation.
I understand customs are very different in other parts of the country and I would never judge others on What name they are called by their families.

Speaking of Bubba, I head Misty in one of her tapes talking about Jr and she called him Bubba....
or was she talking about Timmy?

1. I think TiC actually does go by Tim outside of his family. When I searched for him on MySpace months ago, I was able to find him under the name of Tim C.

2. Re: Chelsea's tattoo, I did a google search trying to find a pic of it, and came across a MySpace posting on a memorial page saying that she was going to get a tat on her foot in memory of this person. This post was from well before Haliegh disappeared. She seems to have a penchant for memorial foot tattooes.

3. I can't condone CC's behavior, but, for some perspective, Haleigh played with the other Croslin children, and you don't have to be acquainted with a child for very long to form an attachment to them, IMO. Many of us here are rather attached to Haleigh, and, AFAIK, none of us ever had the pleasure of meeting her.

4. CC is quoted in many of AH's articles. I wonder if she hasn't been getting paid for information for awhile now and decided to up the ante...

I don't know if this is an appropriate thing to say or not, but I do not know anyone else who gets a tattoo of their husband's sister's boyfriend's daughter on themselves. I wouldn't think of it but that's just me. IMO that is odd.

I'll have to ask around. "Is that a tattoo of your husband's sister's boyfriend's daughter?"

Great point, oceanwatch. We knew it was unusual, but you spelled out how bizarre it is. :doh:

I'm sorry, I know the Croslins are a frustrating family. But I am taking offense to all the making fun of southern custom. I have been called Sissy all my life my dad is a Bubba and I have three cousins named Tommy. None of us have ever been arrested or under police investigation.
I understand customs are very different in other parts of the country and I would never judge others on What name they are called by their families.

Obviously, no one is making fun of your family. The Croslins are just such an interesting bunch, and they show off all the quirkiness of the south, even though they are from the north, but they are an interesting breed. They should have their own TV show: Croslins On The Edge.

Another difference is country vs. city. Many city dwellers drop their nicknames when they go into the business world. Timmy becomes Tim or Timothy, Tommy becomes Tom or Thomas, Kathy becomes Katherine, Mikey becomes Mike or Michael. That sort of thing. Of course, families probably still use the childhood nicknames no matter how much one protests.

I assume the Croslins aren't doing as well in Massachusetts as they thought they would if Chelsea is trying to trade Misty's letter for a car. Both parents working altering shifts and taking the bus is probably not within their realm of reality. :rolleyes:

I find that tatoo a bit disturbing, How long has she had it? Was it before LE announced that they thought Haleigh was dead? Why would you put a tatoo of a childs name with what looks like an angel on your body for a missing child?

Yes, Kimmer I agree with everything you stated. This is WAY TO CRAZY. and AGAIN, as many posters have pointed out, SHE ONLY KNEW HER FOR FOUR MONTHS!!!!!!!! Was Timmy involved? Were any of the other Croslins involved?

These people make me sick. I used to feel very bad for them but I don't anymore; these people's culture is one that slittered through the rocks.

And trust me, I feel very bad stating that.

Misty met Ronald in late July, and they started dating sometime in August. Just info for those who wonder how long the Croslin's could have known Haleigh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back