2010.06.29 -- LE says TH not POI nor suspect

Maybe the police uncovered some sort of infidelity that didn't have anything to do with Kyron and told his dad about it?

I know. It's a stretch.

Maybe LE is saying she is not a POI/suspect in hopes of keeping her from lawyering up?

Of course they can't keep her from retaining an attorney, but IMO she should have done this long ago, regardless of her guilt or innocence.

It could be that something incidental was discovered during the investigation -- something not directly related to Kyron's disappearance, but something so deeply hurtful to Kaine that he couldn't bear to stay in the same house with Terri any longer and, in his pain, he retaliated by filing for divorce.

I could easily see that as a possibility...IF there weren't a TRO on behalf of the baby involved. That just goobers it all up. :crazy: I guess it could be taken a step further to say that, if the above happened, Terri might've threatened harm to herself and Kaine feels it's unsafe for the baby to be around her.

I'm running out of benefit of the doubt options for Terri. The above was my best shot at making a case for it. Still, I'm not completely convinced that LE didn't mean exactly what they said -- that she's not a POI or suspect. Maybe they are being truthful, even if it is SOP not to name someone prior to arrest.

We need a "pulling-my-hair-out" emoticon. ::insert teeny, tiny Kojak here::

I think LE should stop making these statements because I'm past believing them even when they're true. It just doesn't mean anything beyond "she's not been arrested yet" anymore.

But COME ON...I don't think Kaine would be a in a hurry to get away from her if there wasn't solid evidence that she was involved.

How do you know what Kaine would or wouldn't do?

I get that you're impatient for TH to be arrested. How would you feel if she was arrested (and was actually guilty) and then the DA couldn't get a conviction because a jury felt they didn't have enough evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, voted 'not guilty,' and she went free...and she then could NEVER be prosecuted again? Would it be worth it just to get an arrest NOW?

No it wouldn't be worth it.

You can be guaranteed of one thing though: if LE had the necessary solid evidence then an arrest would be authorized of TH.

And if they haven't arrested her or anyone yet, then you can be assured they don't have enough evidence YET.

It could be that something incidental was discovered during the investigation -- something not directly related to Kyron's disappearance, but something so deeply hurtful to Kaine that he couldn't bear to stay in the same house with Terri any longer and, in his pain, he retaliated by filing for divorce.

I could easily see that as a possibility...IF there weren't a TRO on behalf of the baby involved. That just goobers it all up. :crazy: I guess it could be taken a step further to say that, if the above happened, Terri might've threatened harm to herself and Kaine feels it's unsafe for the baby to be around her.

I'm running out of benefit of the doubt options for Terri. The above was my best shot at making a case for it. Still, I'm not completely convinced that LE didn't mean exactly what they said -- that she's not a POI or suspect. Maybe they are being truthful, even if it is SOP not to name someone prior to arrest.

We need a "pulling-my-hair-out" emoticon. ::insert teeny, tiny Kojak here::

bbm

Do we know the details of the RO yet? Was it on behalf of the baby?

Maybe they believe Kyron is being held somewhere by an accomplice of TH. Maybe they are trying not to jeopardize Kyron's safety? I can't quite make those pieces fit, but it just crossed my mind. Probably not, but just maybe.

I'm sure they don't have enough to convict her. If they had enough to convict her, they would arrest her. Boy, I don't know, I'm just as clueless as everyone else.

I can't imagine at this point that Kaine does not believe that TH is in some way responsible for Kyron's disappearance. Either by direct act, or negligence. Otherwise, I agree, he would not split up their home so that Kyron could come back to a disaster.

Maybe LE suggested that Kaine get little KH out of there to try to gain some leverage on TH to get her to talk. As in…"If you want to see the baby again, you're going to have to spill some beans, Sister."

It's worth pointing out, that LE won't grant a restraining order to keep a mother away from her child without some significant evidence. That means Kaine has some reasonable supportable evidence to be able to request that he keep little sister KH and TH apart.

In some states a restraining order is part of a normal filing for divorce. It can be as simple as restraining the other party from removing property, selling property, or withdrawing money from bank accounts. It isn't necessarily the type of RO everyone is assuming it is. On the other hand, it could very well be the type of RO everyone is thinking it is - won't know until someone gets hold of a copy of the filing.

Right, and Scott Peterson wasn't a suspect either.

I can't help but feel Kaine is in a position similar to Sharon Rocha. Remember how Sharon fully supported Scott, until Amber Frey came forward. Sharon was completely blindsided.

Has LE come to Kaine with proof that Terri is not telling the truth? Maybe not even in regards to Kyron missing, but enough deceit to prove to him she is not what she presents herself to be.

And did Kyron know Terri's "secret"? You know the old saying "Little pitchers have big ears"!

Oh dear.

Regardless of what I may believe about the SM.....there is plenty of responsibility for what may have happened to Kyron during his lifetime to be laid on the backs of his dad and bio-mom. BOTH of them chose to leave nearly all of the responsibility for the care and raising of this child to TH! Maybe she did something to contribute to what happened, maybe nothing at all. Either way, I find it hard to absolve the PARENTS of the child from any guilt when BOTH of them chose not to be the primary caregiver for their own child. BOTH of them chose TH as a friend, caretaker, and full time responsible party for THEIR child. --------as always, JMO.

bbm

Do we know the details of the RO yet? Was it on behalf of the baby?

Calliope, one of the local news stations reported in an online article last night that their source said the RO was on behalf of the baby. I will see if I can find the article. I looked at so many last night, they've all run together, but I distinctly remember that.

Maybe they believe Kyron is being held somewhere by an accomplice of TH. Maybe they are trying not to jeopardize Kyron's safety? I can't quite make those pieces fit, but it just crossed my mind. Probably not, but just maybe.

I'm sure they don't have enough to convict her. If they had enough to convict her, they would arrest her. Boy, I don't know, I'm just as clueless as everyone else.

I can't imagine at this point that Kaine does not believe that TH is in some way responsible for Kyron's disappearance. Either by direct act, or negligence. Otherwise, I agree, he would not split up their home so that Kyron could come back to a disaster.

Maybe LE suggested that Kaine get little KH out of there to try to gain some leverage on TH to get her to talk. As in…"If you want to see the baby again, you're going to have to spill some beans, Sister."

It's worth pointing out, that LE won't grant a restraining order to keep a mother away from her child without some significant evidence. That means Kaine has some reasonable supportable evidence to be able to request that he keep little sister KH and TH apart.

bbm

I agree that kaine and the others must believe Terri is somehow involved but it may not be that she actually took or harmed Kyron.

And also... was the restraining order to keep Terri away from the baby? Considering that family statement last night, I wonder if the restraining order was strictly to keep her away from Kaine, that it really has nothing to do with the baby, and he's just making it clear that legally he can take his own child out of the home.

Him filing for a divorce doesn't really make me think she is guilty. They could have had cracks in their relationship and the strain and stress of Kyron being missing may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. The fact that he took the 18 month old with him could be a red flag.

A RO doesn't mean the child was being harmed in any way...it can be a tactical move in order to create the necessary distance, from a legal perspective, based on a fear that a child could be harmed (in the future).

Remember that parents have rights, and legal maneuvers are needed to separate a parent from a child.

Emergency custody orders are one such tactic for non-parental caregivers (like grandparents getting custody of minor children). RO is another when one parent seeks to keep a child away from the other parent. It's a proactive tactic with the intent by the plaintiff (Kaine in this case) seeking to protect a child from a parent they feel might be a danger.

Calliope, I got lucky -- it was included in the first link I went to! :)

"The source said the restraining order is a physical restraining order that is meant to protect the couple’s 18-month-old daughter, K---."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97360254.html

ETA: Looks like Donjeta had already provided the link. Thanks, Donjeta!

IF LE is telling the truth, then I have to wonder if Kaine and the others believe that Terri either held back evidence at a critical point in time that could have led to Kyron's kidnapper and Kyron, or that she is somehow covering for that person, or that she engaged in activities that put Kyron at risk and led to his abduction.

IOW, maybe she finally did "come clean" with the police.

JMO, of course.

Calliope, I agree with you here. I'm inclined to the last one -- that she did something that put Kyron at risk and led directly to his disappearance. If she finally did come clean, that might have been the last straw.

This could also have been something that was brewing before the disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back