2010.07.01 Cheney Takes on Another Major Case - Jim Greer

...and this all comes after JB takes a vacation.

Bad move JB. Everyone else had time to self reflect away from the circus and have a major realization. Rut roh ..... the light goes on. Self preservation kicks in. Credibility and reputation are a long hard road to earn and too quick to lose.

Bad move JB. Everyone else had time to self reflect away from the circus and have a major realization. Rut roh ..... the light goes on. Self preservation kicks in. Credibility and reputation are a long hard road to earn and too quick to lose.
I was thinking just that.

But...JB wouldn't be st*pid enough to come back and start throwing his weight around (no pun intended), would he? He wasn't vacationing on a boat by any chance?

Impossible. There has to be a DP qualified attorney on this team SOMEWHERE THAT WILL REMAIN.

Heavens to mercy. I can't even think straight anymore with all this news.

Where is AZ?!?!! :banghead:

-----------------
With all that is happening I cant help but wonder if something is up.Could there be a big change of plans? Or,is the DP. lawyer really needed a lot right now? Maybe he figures that case will be over before penalty phase ~ or? This is a real poser.:banghead:

Yeah, the TIMING on this announcement is REALLY REALLY ODD.

Wednesday: Andrea announces she is leaving. (I heard it was in the works for a month).
Thursday: Emergency motion filed that should not be an emergency.
Thursday: Cheney announces to Media that he is also joining the high-profile Jim Greer case defense team, and will have a PC the following Monday (a holiday)
Friday: Emergency hearing with Casey in attendance. I predict that Judge Perry may get a little testy.

Also Friday: I predict some other motion will be filed at 4:50 PM, with copies given to local media to talk about over the weekend.

I could understand Cheney joining another case if Andrea was still involved, but the day after she leaves????

Mind-boggling. :eek:

I wonder if the defense strategy is to have HHJP (back him into a corner, so to speak) order the JAC to pay for a A. Lyon's travel in order to preserve the case/trial, in order to prevent an appellate issue.

I wonder if the defense strategy is to have HHJP (back him into a corner, so to speak) order the JAC to pay for a A. Lyon's travel in order to preserve the case/trial, in order to prevent an appellate issue.

Interesting thought!

I would think that first he would order Cheney not to take on this other case right now - Greer has plenty of money and could hire anyone he wants. Why hire someone that's already busy on a high-profile case?

Could the judge do that? On an indigency case, where the main DP lawyer has already said he would do it pro bono?

Interesting thought!

I would think that first he would order Cheney not to take on this other case right now - Greer has plenty of money and could hire anyone he wants. Why hire someone that's already busy on a high-profile case?

Could the judge do that? On an indigency case, where the main DP lawyer has already said he would do it pro bono?

I guess it would depend on what date a contract/retainer agreement was signed. Baez said they knew she was quitting at least a week ago.

Hopefully one of our excellent attorneys here can clarify for us!

Interesting thought!

There is just something totally unethical about Mason doing that.
It is not fair to either client.
But then Jim Greer knows what he is getting in Mason - he knows he is hiring a preoccupied attorney....

Yeah, the TIMING on this announcement is REALLY REALLY ODD.

Wednesday: Andrea announces she is leaving. (I heard it was in the works for a month).
Thursday: Emergency motion filed that should not be an emergency.
Thursday: Cheney announces to Media that he is also joining the high-profile Jim Greer case defense team, and will have a PC the following Monday (a holiday)
Friday: Emergency hearing with Casey in attendance. I predict that Judge Perry may get a little testy.

Also Friday: I predict some other motion will be filed at 4:50 PM, with copies given to local media to talk about over the weekend.

I could understand Cheney joining another case if Andrea was still involved, but the day after she leaves????

Mind-boggling. :eek:

BBM

ITA! Makes me wonder if their baloney has a first name spelled P-L-E-A DEAL? :waitasec:

It's totally asinine to take on another large case. Unless he's not handling this DP case they way it needs to. And JB isn't qualified to do the pre-trial work on a DP case. This is a pivotal point in this case. And it needs the FULL attention of all the attorneys.

I wonder if this is 'Yet Another Personality Clash', that JB wants to take the lead and just use Cheney for his DP qualification or, if JB wants the ball and to take it in a direction that no-one else wants to follow and sink with him?

Seems like the rats are leaving or setting some distance because JB is stubborn and wants to save his girl his way.

Baez is so cocky and arrogant I can't imagine him letting anyone else have any power.

This is gonna be goooooooooood!!! JB on his own??? Oh, the posts will fly!

I think jb spends his nights twitching randomly, chewing his pillow, wondering what on earth he's managed to get himself into.

It is not unethical. It happens all the time. Right now I know of an attorney that has 5 capital murder cases pending, along with the regular small time criminal matters which count into the hundreds. A good DP qualified attorney is always asked, via the Judge, to join a capital murder case. No matter how many are pending. Just letting you know.

I agree. Most attorneys have more than one case going at a time. JB had one case that was being tried while he was first working on KC's case. I am sure JB has other clients too - I mean he isn't making any money any more from KC, he has to have income from somewhere. :)

From what I have read, CM is only one member of Jim Greer's team. If he were the only attorney, I would be more concerned and wonder about it, but he is one of three, if I am not mistaken. So while some people may be surprised that CM is taking on another high profile case while he should be working on KC's - he really doesn't have much to do right now because remember JB said Andrea had completed most of the work she was supposed to do (being the DP qualified attorney on the case) before she left. I am SURE that frees up a lot of CM's time <--------- sarcasm.

Of course, I am sure everyone would prefer he use his free time to get up to speed on the basics of the Anthnoy case, rather than take on a new client!

But he was to retire, why take on another case, especially another high profile case...(Not that ICA is anything other than insignificant), he was due to retire! He might be needing Greer's money to help with the cost of ICA's case, since ICA's is "pro bono"...:croc: JMHO

Seems to me, jumping ship might be acoming...:angel: His reputation cannot be marred by ICA....Could he be next to leave? Are they setting up a plea so ICA will not face death??? Naaa....ICA is too smug, too arrogant to accept repsonibility...JMHO

Baez cannot sit first chair, he knows this. He is unqualified as a DP attorney. He will most likely come under fire for his shennanigans with the contraband he takes in and out of prison...I wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg...What else is in the works???

Justice for Caylee

But he was to retire, why take on another case, especially another high profile case...(Not that ICA is anything other than insignificant), he was due to retire! He might be needing Greer's money to help with the cost of ICA's case, since ICA's is "pro bono"...:croc: JMHO

Seems to me, jumping ship might be acoming...:angel: His reputation cannot be marred by ICA....Could he be next to leave? Are they setting up a plea so ICA will not face death??? Naaa....ICA is too smug, too arrogant to accept repsonibility...JMHO

Baez cannot sit first chair, he knows this. He is unqualified as a DP attorney. He will most likely come under fire for his shennanigans with the contraband he takes in and out of prison...I wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg...What else is in the works???

Justice for Caylee

BBM: Ok, I admit this is going to be snarky - Since KC has now been declared indigent, CM can't pad his retirement fund with fees from this case. Jim Greer on the other hand, has pretty deep pockets (from what I have read) and some pretty influencial people around him. Come on, the guy has to get his 'fun spending money' from somewhere!

If CM were planning on writing a book when he retires the more the merrier. Might make the book more interesting than just writing about KC's case. jmo

As far as why take another big case? Sounds like this person is in some big trouble, and CM was probably asked on. CM is probably good at what he does, and good at keeping the facts out of the media in such a prominent case. It will not affect KC's case though. Attorneys are very busy people. Just glad I am not one. The job is 24/7, no rest for the weary. MOO and all that stuff.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back