2010.07.01-Family/ LE Presume Kyron Is Alive~ Need SM To Cooperate UPDATED 2010.07.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thing is so strange, it is starting to smell like a hoax to me - right down to the CSI t-shirt he is wearing in the last known photo of him. It's the only thing that makes any sense to me. It all just seems "staged" somehow. :waitasec:

I totally agree, I'm starting to smell a balloon boy.

Maybe LE thinks TH gave him to someone for "safekeeping", but she won't give up who? Maybe she had a different plan for how this would go and it didn't pan out so now she's stuck?

That might cause DY to sound as hopeful as she did today. To be honest, I really have no idea what to think at this point. :banghead:

JMO

I know LE uses the media and sometimes "plays games" with suspects to get them to slip up and make mistakes, but that just doesn't feel right here. How could LE have told the family that Kyron is alive with such certainty when we have seen them looking for a body in water on SI?

Could of just been part of the investigation because of the pings that came from that area. They are supposed to follow through with creditable leads, and that for sure counts as one.. maybe several in this case.

did the dog handler just say the family won't give them an article to use for his scent??

She read from a prepared script. For some reason I think LE wanted her to say those exact words. She did NOT say anything specifice to Kyron...such as We love you and can't wait for you to come home etc. She did not deviate from the script.

Could those specific words have something to do with TH retaining a criminal lawyer. I think the words were constructed by LE.

Words very carefully chosen...

Even if the family might really believe K is deceased, if DY said something to that affect, and in her next breath "implored" the SM to tell investigators what she knows, it might be considered that she was naming SM as a murderer. And that would never do at this stage of the game with the defense attorney, etc.

So far, in season 5 none of the stories involve a child missing from school.

Nah, I think there may have been inspiration from Huck Finn instead. Sorry, I don't know what I'm allowed to speculate on and what not; I'm new. Please edit as appropriate for me mods, thanks, lol.

Early on in the case I thought I'd read that the stepmother had said about KH that he was no Huck Finn. And I thought to myself what an incredibly odd thing to say. And it bugged me. Not he wasn't adventurous, or he was a homebody, but that direct and somewhat derogatory comparison. As if she admired Huck Finn and KH wasn't any of that.

And it had to be fresh, stuff wings in and out of our verbal vernaculars. I grew more curious. So I googled Huck Finn traits and this thing, that may or may not be relevant, jumped out at me too especially with the internet buzz about the pings at sauvie island and how maybe KH really is alive and being held somewhere:

"Huck's ingenuity is shown throughout his clever actions. His decision to make his escape on the canoe look like a murder to hide his tracks is just one example, "And they'll follow that meal track to the lake and go browsing down the creek that leads out of it to find the robbers that killed me and took the things. They won't ever hunt the river for anything but my dead carcass. They'll soon get tired of that, and won't bother no more about me." (This idea continues as he decides to dress up as a girl to gain information. Although this idea doesn't fully succeed because he is found out, it is an excellent plan, which also reviles his ingenuity.")

http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=15704

Didn't the step mom help kids with their reading at the school and have a degree in that too? She could probably be very familiar with this in addition to just making the comparison between KH and Huck Finn.

Hide or pretend to hide the body in water - check
Red Herrings - mebbe the pings were that, mebbe it was a layered plan if she was involved in it - plan 1 - blame the school/situational scenario; if that fails then plan 2 - make sure the phone is pinging somewhere I'm not, create an illusion, a red herring as a backup plan - if they're going to look have them look in the wrong place so i won't get caught - or as Huck Finn says "And they'll follow that meal track to the lake and go browsing down the creek that leads out of it to find the robbers that killed me and took the things. They won't ever hunt the river for anything but my dead carcass. They'll soon get tired of that, and won't bother no more about me."

And now that development today with DY's saying KH is still alive it also goes back to that Huck Finn plan. Goofy as all heck but it keeps ringing true as events commence.

IMO CSI shirt may be because she thinks she's so smart in planning this, if indeed that's what transpired and I can't know that. CSI shirt - a taunt and a red herring, look at CSI shows, but I'm doing Huck Finn.

I hope I got across what I meant without saying the wrong thing.

Bringing this over from the closed thread because I'd like to see if anyone has any other theories that would work.

Trying to work through the theory that Kyron is alive and Terri has info, I can come up with only two scenarios that might fit:

1. Terri gave Kyron away (or sold him), either temporarily or permanently.

2. Kyron really was kidnapped.

In both scenarios, the only way she wouldn't look like a total villain for not giving up everything she knows would be if whoever has Kyron has threatened to kill him if she tells LE or the public any info, so she keeps her mouth shut, believing she's protecting him.

I don't think either of the above is the case, but that's all I could come up with that would fit the "Kyron's alive/Terri has info" theory the parents seem to believe. Anyone have other ideas that would fit those two criteria?

Dad did state that he is hopeful and needs to be hopeful at this time. He explained that. That was in the prior interview. If there's still no body found, of course they have to remain hopeful and say hopeful things else the public won't look.

Exactly what is the public supposed to be looking for? If Kyron is alive, obviously he's being held by someone and we can all bet he isn't playing in the park or ambling down the aisles of the nearest WalMart.

If LE and the parents want any help from the public, they might want to give the public something to work with. This close to the vest stuff doesn't appear to be doing much more than making it harder on everyone.

:cow:

What about the possibility of child trafficking???

Did TH sell sweet little Kyron to someone?

IMOO MOO!

It's something I have thought about since the beginning and DY's statement makes me think it even more.

Ok... I have done a load of laundry and taken time to think about the hoax theory. That certainly explains a lot of the odd behavior from all parties involved - except for the biological Mom and stepdad. They have seemed sincere the whole time to me. If it were a hoax, why would they have turned on TH? That doesn't make any sense either. Back to being just confused - and frustrated. Guess I'll do another load of laundry and think some more. :waitasec:

I agree in part... Does anyone here watch much of CSI? I said it before, I read somewhere that there is an episode on season 5 that so closely relates to this kind of a story. A boy goes missing from a school??? I don't watch CSI so I don't know!

I looked through the episode guide and I don't see anything.

I have written extensively for two Portland newspapers over the past decade or so, although never in the News department (think entertainment, sports, lifestyle, etc.), and certainly never on anything of Kyron's magnitude.

Given my admittedly limited experience, though, what puzzles me about today's "press conference" is why they solicited questions from the media, yet appear to have disregarded every question. They seem to have had a prepared statement they were intent on reading, so why bother with the abortive Q&A procedure? Furthermore, since the content of the entire event was merely a 90 second recitation, why would it matter to them if the O or the WW were present? There was nothing "major" to report (i.e. the transcript of the statement is available on every news site), and by extension, very little to "misreport."

The most important follow-up question would obviously be whether they KNOW Kyron is alive, as intimated, or whether the opening sentence ought to be rephrased. With LE's blessing, the family has stated that Kyron is alive. There is a measure of responsibility, it seems to me, to clarify this "official statement." Typically, this responsibility would fall on the media (could you imagine if they misreported this critical distinction?), but since they didn't take questions, the family and LE seem reckless in releasing and signing off on this explosive statement.

What about the possibility of child trafficking???

Did TH sell sweet little Kyron to someone?

IMOO MOO!

It's something I have thought about since the beginning and DY's statement makes me think it even more.

I think IF IF he is alive and IF IF SM did have something to do with it, then this is the only explanation that I can come up with that makes sense.

Nah, I think there may have been inspiration from Huck Finn instead. Sorry, I don't know what I'm allowed to speculate on and what not; I'm new. Please edit as appropriate for me mods, thanks, lol.

Early on in the case I thought I'd read that the stepmother had said about KH that he was no Huck Finn. And I thought to myself what an incredibly odd thing to say. And it bugged me. Not he wasn't adventurous, or he was a homebody, but that direct and somewhat derogatory comparison. As if she admired Huck Finn and KH wasn't any of that.

And it had to be fresh, stuff wings in and out of our verbal vernaculars. I grew more curious. So I googled Huck Finn traits and this thing, that may or may not be relevant, jumped out at me too especially with the internet buzz about the pings at sauvie island and how maybe KH really is alive and being held somewhere:

"Huck's ingenuity is shown throughout his clever actions. His decision to make his escape on the canoe look like a murder to hide his tracks is just one example, "And they'll follow that meal track to the lake and go browsing down the creek that leads out of it to find the robbers that killed me and took the things. They won't ever hunt the river for anything but my dead carcass. They'll soon get tired of that, and won't bother no more about me." (This idea continues as he decides to dress up as a girl to gain information. Although this idea doesn't fully succeed because he is found out, it is an excellent plan, which also reviles his ingenuity.")

http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=15704

Didn't the step mom help kids with their reading at the school and have a degree in that too? She could probably be very familiar with this in addition to just making the comparison between KH and Huck Finn.

Hide or pretend to hide the body in water - check
Red Herrings - mebbe the pings were that, mebbe it was a layered plan if she was involved in it - plan 1 - blame the school/situational scenario; if that fails then plan 2 - make sure the phone is pinging somewhere I'm not, create an illusion, a red herring as a backup plan - if they're going to look have them look in the wrong place so i won't get caught - or as Huck Finn says "And they'll follow that meal track to the lake and go browsing down the creek that leads out of it to find the robbers that killed me and took the things. They won't ever hunt the river for anything but my dead carcass. They'll soon get tired of that, and won't bother no more about me."

And now that development today with DY's saying KH is still alive it also goes back to that Huck Finn plan. Goofy as all heck but it keeps ringing true as events commence.

IMO CSI shirt may be because she thinks she's so smart in planning this, if indeed that's what transpired and I can't know that. CSI shirt - a taunt and a red herring, look at CSI shows, but I'm doing Huck Finn.

I hope I got across what I meant without saying the wrong thing.

Very well written and well thought out post.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They answered some of the media's questions off camera. The media was allowed to voice record their answers so that they were reported factually.

When I listened to her say "Kyron is alive" my heart skipped a beat. I sounded as though she had some proof and it was Gospel. But If the media or blogs or what ever decide he is dead, people stop looking. This is a mother hanging onto hope her child is alive and she is stating what she believe in her heart. I understand why she is staying this with such conviction, she has to believe because they haven't found his body and she needs him found. I get that. But to gather the press and then not answer any questions or kick papers out that won't play by their rules is a serious mistake, they are the ones that keep his face out there, they keep us blogging and looking for something, anything to find this child. I have to just shake my head, this I don't get. JMO

Exactly what is the public supposed to be looking for? If Kyron is alive, obviously he's being held by someone and we can all bet he isn't playing in the park or ambling down the aisles of the nearest WalMart.

If LE and the parents want any help from the public, they might want to give the public something to work with. This close to the vest stuff doesn't appear to be doing much more than making it harder on everyone.

:cow:

I don't know about that part about being out and about. I think it was the case where the guy killed the parents and took the two kids? Wasn't she, with the bad guy spotted in a restaurant or a convenience store by an employee that thought they recognized her from the press pictures?

Stranger things have happened.

What a poorly written article.

A reliable source told KGW Thursday that missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman's stepmother had lied to investigators, after the boy's family Thursday pleaded for her cooperation in the case.

She lied to investigators today?

Terri Moulton-Horman has told police since Kyron vanished on June 4 that she left him at school that morning and never saw him again.

Huh?

Neither Terri nor her attorney had not yet responded to questions Thursday afternoon.

Kyron's father, Kaine Horman and his step-father, Tony Young, did not speak to reporters.

HUH?

The statement also said that the trio was in support of the investigation. So far, the investigation included several searches of the Horman home, at least two polygraph tests for Terri and many hours of police questioning, among other things.

Cronkite and Murrow are rolling in their graves.

This whole thing is so strange, it is starting to smell like a hoax to me - right down to the CSI t-shirt he is wearing in the last known photo of him. It's the only thing that makes any sense to me. It all just seems "staged" somehow. :waitasec:

Well, i do agree that it is a very bizarre case but I am doubting it is a hoax because we all saw the divorce decree and there would have been no real reason for that if this was some kind of hoax.

Given the statement that Kyron is alive... How about this possibility...

Instead of being the "evil stepmom", let's assume SM is very attached to Kyron - after all, she has raised the child all his life. Now, she senses an upcoming split with the husband - maybe she's cheating, maybe for other reasons. SM knows that (unlike the baby) she has no legal standing with Kyron, and the child will be taken from her. So, she takes the child and stashes him with someone she trusts.

Her thinking could be that they have no real evidence against her, and that eventually the disappearance will be a forgotten cold case, and she can take the baby and join Kyron and her associate who is holding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname