2010.07.12 - How Much Did Caylee Say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So spot on everyone. I'm glad that this has been brought up.

Like everyone, I also agree that Caylee had a grilling on the ride home from Mt. Dora that day, and she talked to her little hearts content.

As an only child, as many have stated, they normally do talk, and talk, and tell things that you'd rather not have them tell.

Not only that, but, with all her toys, she very well could have "played out actions" that she observed, or, were done to her.

The taping her mouth shut was a message, to Caylee, and for Cindy IF Caylee would be found. The little heart sticker, "Sweetheart", perhaps, because of the way Cindy calls Casey in that one interview, with vemon, IMO, is something she did often.

I think Caylee was being quizzed more and more as she got older, and she was able to tell with more details her and her mother's daily events.

Agree here with the motive for the duct tape. A message, a solution to a little girl who was beginning to be able to spill all her mothers secrets and lies.

The heart sticker, the A team loves sarcasm... I think it was nothing more than a sarcastic joke from the killer to her victim.

One of my favourite examples of how a 3-year-old (or near 3-year-old) mind works and communication abilities.

Although this is a cute example, it clearly shows how toddlers can express complex and abstract ideas in relation to a threat or fear.

Sorry, trying to figure out how to embed YouTube so if it doesn't work, please follow this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eectvHXcKOU

This video always cracks me up!

Was the Sunday that Cindy went to visit Mt. Dora (Father's Day) actually the first time she (Cindy) knew about Casey having taken the money out of the grandfather's account?

I agree with everyone here! If Little Caylee was observant enough to notice that her GGpa looked tired and could verbalize her concern for him after her Sunshine song-then Caylee was able to relate PLENTY to Cindy. I have always felt that Caylee's fate was a result of her going from being an asset (ie- getting KC attention that she reveled in and being cut some slack from her parents) to becoming a huge liability to KC's secret life that was not to be shared with G&C!
In KC's eyes I think Caylee committed an unpardonable sin and KC made her pay for it and sealed it with a kiss!:furious:

I have always thought that what sent Cindy over the edge that Fathers Day was not so much the stolen money (as this had been going on FOR YEARS), remember Lee stating in high school she stole money from his room, GA in regards to Caylee's piggy bank AND bank account etc. I think Caylee told Cindy WHERE SHE WAS SLEEPING while they were away... IN RICARDO'S BED (however she may have pronounced his name and got that point across). I believe that is what the fight was about that night, and something along the lines of Cayse telling Cindy "You can't tell me where we will or will not sleep, or where we will stay or not stay... I am her MOTHER- NOT YOU- and we will go, stay and do WHATEVER I PLEASE, as Caylee's parent and you have no say... you may never even see her again, if that's the way I want it so you better back off, or you will NEVER see her again! In fact WE ARE MOVING OUT!"

Sadly, I don't think we will EVER hear the truth of what exactly was said during the fight that night. I believe the truth of it would SHOW exactly what and why Caylee was murdered by Cayse the very next day, and Cindy knows it!:furious:

I, too, have always felt that something like this happened. After learning from her mother that KC has stolen from her gp, CA questioned Caylee and Caylee must have told her something that she didn't like. CA lit into KC when she got home and KC took it out on Caylee. Poor little baby!

I think THIS is the heart of the entire case! I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to think that at almost three-years-old Caylee was able to relate things that had happened to her grandmother.

I'm sure Cindy questioned Caylee, and as children often do, Caylee may have said something spontaneously that triggered questioning. Caylee could have said something along the line of, "mommy gave me something that made me sleepy" or something that indicated abuse.

For the past two years, Cindy has been harping on "Casey is a wonderful mother - the mother of the year - and she would never harm Caylee." I've always felt that this was a direct opposite of what Cindy really knew and thought.

I don't doubt for a moment that the fight on June 15, 2008 was about something Casey had done and that Cindy knew about it because Caylee told her or confirmed her suspicions. I can see Cindy throwing that in Casey's face..........."Caylee told me!"

At that point, Casey knew that Caylee was (innocently) exposing her carefully laid lies. I think the duct tape on Caylee's mouth tells the story.

I think the fight that took place between Cindy and Casey was the catalyst for Caylee's murder. Cindy knows this, and it's because of the guilt she carries that she won't face reality.

Well, as my name indicates, I am a grandma.....(insert giant smile here)....my grandson was Caylee's age when she was murdered, and now my two granddaughters are both 2 nearly 3. One of my granddaughters is an only child, the other is the younger sister to my grandson. They both are talking, but differently. What I find compelling is that at times they make perfectly clear statements, at other times their stories are mixed with clear words and toddler gibberish...but there is no confusion between when they are telling you something and when they are making something up. I can see clearly how Caylee would have innocently revealed dangerous secrets.....and I agree that IF that is what happened (it makes the most sense afterall) that indeed CA would have so much guilt that it would explain her bizarre denial of KC's involvement.

I have always felt that Caylee had spilled the beans from time to time. but at this stage of her life, I feel that perhaps she spilled a little more than usual. I feel that Caylee may have clued Cindy in on the sleeping arrangements, which in my opinion were less than ideal for a child. No little girl should be sleeping with her Mommy and Mommy's boyfriend, nor even in the same room. And there is no telling what else she witnessed. If you remember Cindy's reaction when she and George came home one evening and found Jesse and KC sitting on KC's bed to top of the cover. Cindy went into orbit. This was back when those two were dating. So imagine hearing from Caylee that she slept in bed with KC and whatever boyfriend she had at the moment.

Other than speculation, we will never know, but considering KC's behavior, nothing would surprise me. Caylee got chatty and Caylee died.

I completely agree with this...the duct tape on during the murder, as part of the murder and the heart sticker afterword..."I love you, but you talk too much...."

I completely agree with this...the duct tape on during the murder, as part of the murder and the heart sticker afterword..."I love you, but you talk too much...."

I don't believe KC capable of actual love. If she did actually love Caylee, she never could have killed her! Motive for murder: revenge against CA, as Caylee was a pawn in their power game, and this was KC playing "Check and Mate". Caylee needed more care and watching and KC didn't want to give it, and Caylee was beginning to spill all KC's lies to anyone who cared to listen.

The heart sticker: IMO, the final insult.

So spot on everyone. I'm glad that this has been brought up.

Like everyone, I also agree that Caylee had a grilling on the ride home from Mt. Dora that day, and she talked to her little hearts content.

As an only child, as many have stated, they normally do talk, and talk, and tell things that you'd rather not have them tell.

Not only that, but, with all her toys, she very well could have "played out actions" that she observed, or, were done to her.

The taping her mouth shut was a message, to Caylee, and for Cindy IF Caylee would be found. The little heart sticker, "Sweetheart", perhaps, because of the way Cindy calls Casey in that one interview, with vemon, IMO, is something she did often.

I think Caylee was being quizzed more and more as she got older, and she was able to tell with more details her and her mother's daily events.

This is right on target! Caylee would have likely imitated her mother when playing with her dolls, and this may have been very telling.

One of my favourite examples of how a 3-year-old (or near 3-year-old) mind works and communication abilities.

Although this is a cute example, it clearly shows how toddlers can express complex and abstract ideas in relation to a threat or fear.

Sorry, trying to figure out how to embed YouTube so if it doesn't work, please follow this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eectvHXcKOU

This video is adorable! I like how she seems to fully understand at the end that she she should use the word, "butt." :)

Great comments on this thread!! :) I agree that Caylee probably chatted up a storm with Cindy (particularly on car ride/s). After all, her own "mother" largely ignored her given her 24/7 texting/cell-phone-blabbing/social media-updating lifestyle. Given the chance to express herself with someone who actually listened???---Caylee surely took advantage of her innate desire to communicate and connect with a caregiver. I have the funniest home videos of my own daughter giving us a running commentary on everything in sight as a 2-3 year old. Back then, she would even switch (mid-sentence) from Spanish to English! :) She's got the bilingual thing worked out now....but it was sure awesome to see that explosion of language aquisition in her toddler years.

I have always thought that what sent Cindy over the edge that Fathers Day was not so much the stolen money (as this had been going on FOR YEARS), remember Lee stating in high school she stole money from his room, GA in regards to Caylee's piggy bank AND bank account etc. I think Caylee told Cindy WHERE SHE WAS SLEEPING while they were away... IN RICARDO'S BED (however she may have pronounced his name and got that point across). I believe that is what the fight was about that night, and something along the lines of Cayse telling Cindy "You can't tell me where we will or will not sleep, or where we will stay or not stay... I am her MOTHER- NOT YOU- and we will go, stay and do WHATEVER I PLEASE, as Caylee's parent and you have no say... you may never even see her again, if that's the way I want it so you better back off, or you will NEVER see her again! In fact WE ARE MOVING OUT!"

Sadly, I don't think we will EVER hear the truth of what exactly was said during the fight that night. I believe the truth of it would SHOW exactly what and why Caylee was murdered by Cayse the very next day, and Cindy knows it!:furious:

I strongly suspect that Casey often threatened to move out and take Caylee with her and tell her parents they wouldn't see Caylee again. This may have Casey's leverage to keep Cindy from making things too difficult for her. Cindy would yell at her about taking responsibility, but in the end, Cindy would continue to pay the bills and continue to babysit for Caylee.

Based on the video tape of Caylee reading her book, I'd say she didn't say much. IMO, Caylee was not speaking in paragraphs as suggested by her Grandmother.
I have never seen an almost 3yo child regress to the vocabulary of a 1yo, while pretending to read to their doll, themself or someone else. This is the toddlers chance to shine and they always do, using their words to the fullest.
At least every child I've read with has and I bet most of you have similar experiences.

KC may have thought that Caylee was able to divulge her secrets because KC didn't have a clue what Caylee was or wasn't capable of and didn't really care IMO. Not one of the interviews of any of her friends or family reported a KC that couldn't stop talking about her daughter. Calling on the experience of all first time Mommies out there..... What is your favourite topic of discussion? Your obsession even?? Bet I know ' cause I was one of you once :) (Still am!! drives my friends crazy!!)

I don't believe KC capable of actual love. If she did actually love Caylee, she never could have killed her! Motive for murder: revenge against CA, as Caylee was a pawn in their power game, and this was KC playing "Check and Mate". Caylee needed more care and watching and KC didn't want to give it, and Caylee was beginning to spill all KC's lies to anyone who cared to listen.

The heart sticker: IMO, the final insult.

BBM IOW "Try talking now, you <Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages> little Snot Head."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoPbSCToHR0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoPbSCToHR0[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBM854BTGL0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBM854BTGL0[/ame]

Based on the video tape of Caylee reading her book, I'd say she didn't say much. IMO, Caylee was not speaking in paragraphs as suggested by her Grandmother.
I have never seen an almost 3yo child regress to the vocabulary of a 1yo, while pretending to read to their doll, themself or someone else. This is the toddlers chance to shine and they always do, using their words to the fullest.
At least every child I've read with has and I bet most of you have similar experiences.

KC may have thought that Caylee was able to divulge her secrets because KC didn't have a clue what Caylee was or wasn't capable of and didn't really care IMO. Not one of the interviews of any of her friends or family reported a KC that couldn't stop talking about her daughter. Calling on the experience of all first time Mommies out there..... What is your favourite topic of discussion? Your obsession even?? Bet I know ' cause I was one of you once :) (Still am!! drives my friends crazy!!)

I thought she read the book pretty well? It is hard to hear with all the background noise but I got the gist. According to Caylee, the book was about a kitty that wanted a cookie the poppa baked but momma/poppa said she needed to eat her supper first. She said she was not hungry and only ate two bites so they told her to eat some more but she insisted she was done, so no cookie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown