2010.07.30 RAW INTERVIEW Kronk, Lawyer Talks To WFTV After Questioning

what bother me most of all, besides the shabby treatment he's gotten from the Anthony camp... including their lack of thanks to him for helping find Caylee, but what bothers me the most is that people I talk to and read about now say they won't get involved and they won't help out when someone goes missing even if it's a child because they see what Baez and crew have done to this man and no one wants that thrown their way. Thanks to Mr Baez, no one... including myself, will jump in and help without thought and I put all the blame for it squarely on Baez and the Anthonys. They've set back an entire nation. Way to go Jose, Cindy and George!

:Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june:

Welcome to posting! We welcome all of our new members.

When you are thinking of what happened to Mr. Kronk, remember Mr. Nejame. It took him no time after resigning from working for mom and pop to very publicly donate the money he had made from doing so to Mr. Kronk.

Good always conquers evil. That is the last sentence to this chapter for Mr. Kronk.

Regarding your sentence that they have set back and entire nation, I want to assure you today that is NOT the case. TES has searched for many children since the Caylee Anthony case, and the volunteers from the child's community do not hesitate. If you saw on your local news that one of your neighbors kids was missing, you would feel it, immediately, it would be visceral, you would be out there in the rain, going door to door, right along beside them. I trust that. As Americans we have an amazing capacity to rise up and help. Think of what we all do when we have hurricane victims, or flood victims. Google American Red Cross, or relief for New Orleans, or Haiti, or a million other examples. We have an amazing capacity. Don't be mad. Be inspired.

Welcome to WebSleuths. I am not slamming your opinion at all, it was vile what they did to him, and if on a civil jury for defamation, I would award him life changing amounts of money. I just want to lift you up this morning. Julia

Man who found Caylee Anthony’s body is deposed
Updated: Friday, 30 Jul 2010, 9:11 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 30 Jul 2010, 10:46 AM EDT

By Holly Bristow
FOX 35 News
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL, FOX 35) - Three hours is all the time it took for Casey Anthony's attorneys to depose Roy Kronk. He's the former Orange County employee who was working as meter reader when he found Caylee Anthony's remains in a wooded area just steps off of Suburban Drive. That was December 11, 2008.

After Caylee's remains were found, Kronk told investigators that he had called to report what he thought could have been bag with a body in it in that same area, back in August of 2008. According to records, Kronk had made three calls and was even met by a deputy who checked it out.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/073010-casey-depositions

When asked why family members of Kronk said that he had told them prior to Thanksgiving of 2008 that he knew where Caylee's remains were and to, "Watch me on TV. You're going to see me on TV for finding this little girl," Kronk's attorney David Evans responded, "He did not have those conversations. You know he has problems with past spouses and family members and there's no secret about that. I think probably some of these people are looking for their 15 minutes of fame or maybe just doing it out of malice to be harmful or hurtful to Roy."

God Bless Roy Kronk...he is Caylee's angel...had he not found her then, TES/TM were coming back to search that area. All things happen for a reason and I'm not sure what reason it was for RK to find Caylee's remains but he should be thanked and not put out as a suspect, IMO...

What connection would he have? How would he get Caylee from his non existant Zani? How does the defense tie him into ICA, Zani and Caylee.
Where is the proof???? Hoping those fine jurors who are seated for this trial will see through all the smut, smoke and mirrors games...I truly hope after hearing of those critical 31 days of a mother not reporting her child allegedly abducted, will be the beginning of the end for ICA...JMHO

Seems to me, ICA is locked into the zani the nanny story, so how can the defense backpeddle? Just to cause reasonable doubt. They don't care WHO's reputation is ruined. They don't care who is defamed, they want to walk out arm and arm with the felonious ICA...IMO, it's not going to happen!

I also feel the SA's will get Jill Kerley on the stand and make her look like the fool she obviously is...her credibility will be gone in a second!

I also feel, since the defense team did this out of a courtroom setting (telling the media RK should be considered a suspect), they (ICA/defense team) should be sued for defamation of character plus some...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Man who found Caylee Anthony’s body is deposed
Updated: Friday, 30 Jul 2010, 9:11 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 30 Jul 2010, 10:46 AM EDT

By Holly Bristow
FOX 35 News
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL, FOX 35) - Three hours is all the time it took for Casey Anthony's attorneys to depose Roy Kronk. He's the former Orange County employee who was working as meter reader when he found Caylee Anthony's remains in a wooded area just steps off of Suburban Drive. That was December 11, 2008.

After Caylee's remains were found, Kronk told investigators that he had called to report what he thought could have been bag with a body in it in that same area, back in August of 2008. According to records, Kronk had made three calls and was even met by a deputy who checked it out.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/073010-casey-depositions

God Bless Roy Kronk...he is Caylee's angel...had he not found her then, TES/TM were coming back to search that area. All things happen for a reason and I'm not sure what reason it was for RK to find Caylee's remains but he should be thanked and not put out as a suspect, IMO...

What connection would he have? How would he get Caylee from his non existant Zani? How does the defense tie him into ICA, Zani and Caylee.
Where is the proof???? Hoping those fine jurors who are seated for this trial will see through all the smut, smoke and mirrors games...I truly hope after hearing of those critical 31 days of a mother not reporting her child allegedly abducted, will be the beginning of the end for ICA...JMHO

Seems to me, ICA is locked into the zani the nanny story, so how can the defense backpeddle? Just to cause reasonable doubt. They don't care WHO's reputation is ruined. They don't care who is defamed, they want to walk out arm and arm with the felonious ICA...IMO, it's not going to happen!

I also feel the SA's will get Jill Kerley on the stand and make her look like the fool she obviously is...her credibility will be gone in a second!

I also feel, since the defense team did this out of a courtroom setting (telling the media RK should be considered a suspect), they (ICA/defense team) should be sued for defamation of character plus some...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

http://www.wesh.com/news/24448346/detail.html

"Anything that we would be trying to do here would be focusing on establishing reasonable doubt for various aspects of the case," Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason said before the deposition.

IF the Defense think they will create reasonable doubt using Roy Kronk IMO, at least for me, it is not working.

Also, the above statement given by Cheney tells me they DO NOT have the proof that Casey is innocent.
IMO they would not be looking for reasonable doubt in various aspects of the case if they had evidence to prove her innocent.
:twocents:

what bother me most of all, besides the shabby treatment he's gotten from the Anthony camp... including their lack of thanks to him for helping find Caylee, but what bothers me the most is that people I talk to and read about now say they won't get involved and they won't help out when someone goes missing even if it's a child because they see what Baez and crew have done to this man and no one wants that thrown their way. Thanks to Mr Baez, no one... including myself, will jump in and help without thought and I put all the blame for it squarely on Baez and the Anthonys. They've set back an entire nation. Way to go Jose, Cindy and George!

------------------------
Marshmallow you are sooooo right. The Anthony family should be down on their knees thanking Mr.Kronk.Caylee might never have been found! The baby girl has a right to be taken care of properly. If possible I would sue them afterwards if I were Kronk.He doesnt desrve this!! :banghead:

------------------------
Marshmallow you are sooooo right. The Anthony family should be down on their knees thanking Mr.Kronk.Caylee might never have been found! The baby girl has a right to be taken care of properly. If possible I would sue them afterwards if I were Kronk.He doesnt desrve this!! :banghead:
This is one of the many things that burns me up about this case. Had this been any other family, of a missing child, they would have been down on their knees thanking Mr. Kronk. The fact that they didn't thank him infuriates me. So many families never get the closure that the Anthony's got. Instead of thanking Roy they conspire to dig up dirt on him, in an attempt to implicate him in Caylee's murder. Anything to help out Casey and their image...makes me sick ! OK, rant over.

This is one of the many things that burns me up about this case. Had this been any other family, of a missing child, they would have been down on their knees thanking Mr. Kronk. The fact that they didn't thank him infuriates me. So many families never get the closure that the Anthony's got. Instead of thanking Roy they conspire to dig up dirt on him, in an attempt to implicate him in Caylee's murder. Anything to help out Casey and their image...makes me sick ! OK, rant over.

I think Roy has already gotten his thanks by his own piece of mind
from doing the right thing. Any kind of thank you from the A's would
be superficial and meaningless anyway, who needs that?
I'm hoping that someday Mr Kronk will have something wonderful
happen in his life and if not, perhaps in the afterlife.

I think Roy has already gotten his thanks by his own piece of mind
from doing the right thing. Any kind of thank you from the A's would
be superficial and meaningless anyway, who needs that?
I'm hoping that someday Mr Kronk will have something wonderful
happen in his life and if not, perhaps in the afterlife.

I think you are right but what would have been the "normal" reaction of loved ones in a situation like this would have been an immediate and heart-felt thank you. The A's aren't capable of that, apparently, and that's sad all the way around. Roy himself said it all though, "Doing the right thing is it's own reward." He'll be fine because he did the thing that he can live with knowing it was the right thing. I hope while he is reading the blogs that he will find the many I've seen that are saying they believe him. I know I believe him. Guess I wouldn't be first on the defense picks for jury selection, would I. :innocent:

I remember crying when I heard Mr. Kronk answer a reporter's question why didn't he just give up trying to call the police when it seemed like they didn't care. He said he couldn't sleep thinking if it is the baby she deserves a burial.

I am perfectly fine with Mr. Kronk bringing a civil suit AFTER the criminal case. As long as he waits until after the criminal case I have said many times that if Jesse wants to do the same, I'll write the kid a check myself. There are going to be future media deals for the Anthonys. I am certain of it. If Roy, Jesse and Ms. Gonzalez were to be awarded judgments and the Anthonys had to pay them, I would think that is was well deserved.
I just googled his name. Before this case he was your average private citizen. Check it out now: roy kronk

Google
Advanced search
About 634,000 results (0.65 seconds)
Search Results

If I were a publishing house or ghost writer I would have his book good to go to be released the day the trial is over. I'd much sooner read a story through his or Jesse's eyes than mom and pop Anthonys fairytale.

I have to admit, that is the BEST I have ever seen JB on an interview. He acted like a professional, and I am impressed. (For once.) And just when some posters here were offering the opinion that he is "ineffective counsel." I think this interview shows that he can be an effective communicator, and can act and behave in a professional manor.

I have to admit, that is the BEST I have ever seen JB on an interview. He acted like a professional, and I am impressed. (For once.) And just when some posters here were offering the opinion that he is "ineffective counsel." I think this interview shows that he can be an effective communicator, and can act and behave in a professional manor.
Wow. Imagine that. An "effectove communicator" that behaves in a "professional" manner...After how many years to become a lawyer!???

Impressive.

Ehem.

NOT.

JMO.

Funny thing, though...Cindy still believes Caylee is alive. I guess in her mind it's just good sport to defame someone's character.

I must have missed this interview. I haven't seen this yet.

I want to take a moment and thank Mr. Kronk. You and your attorney showed a great deal of honesty and interity...which we haven't seen much of this in this case. It is refreshing. IMO

The defense has every right to depose Mr. Kronk, but will be unable to cast reasonable doubt and implicate him. Even if the Body Farm evidence of decomposition in the trunk is disallowed there are too many statements to the same effect that will make it to trial. It is possible to believe that if duct tape was accessible in the garage at some point, he could have used it (IF his ex-wife's testimony is allowed) but much less believable that he also had access to KC's car, and abandoned it. This defense goes nowhere and simply falls apart.

Now that's the way a lawyer should handle questions from the media. No name-calling, smart-aleck remarks or lame jokes. He and Roy seemed composed and genuine.

I inadvertently re-watched part of JB's interview before finding the right one, and wow. What a difference between the two.--side by side JB before and DE after the depo... whew. (I am NOT suggesting that anyone else subject themselves to a moment more of watching JB than is absolutely necessary to keep up to date on the case, btw.) General impressions of RK/DE interviews:

1. At the beginning, when reporters are questioning RK about how it feels to be in his position, Evans actually moves out of the close-up camera shot with an apologetic eyebrow raise to the cameraman whose shot of RK he is blocking.

2. Reporter to RK: "Was it nerve-wracking going in there?" RK: "No. It's just all the pressure of everybody that brought the lies and the rumors and all that other stuff and having to try and maintain a normal life, that's not an easy thing to do...."

3. At 1:41 Kathy Belich: "Do you get an indication that they are trying still to make Mr. Kronk look like he's the murderer?"

DE: "Well, you know, for an extended period of time in this case there's been a lot of effort made to uh, to, to uh, you know, to cast aspersions on him, to throw dirt on him, to throw mud on him, and I have to honor him for, for being a guy who's been willing to turn the other cheek, and at the end of the day in this case, of anybody who's been involved in this all this mess, he's gonna be one guy who's gonna come out with his reputation intact and his dignity intact."

4. About 4:03, DE responds to Kathy B on attempts to smear RK: "...but at the end of the day, none of this stuff matters in the case of the State of Florida versus Ms. Anthony, and I think that ultimately none of this will see the light of day in a courtroom, but it's still hurtful for Roy, and it's been very challenging for him that one out of a hundred people might think that there's something to any of this... he's doing his best to hold his head up high and be dignified about it and turn the other cheek, and be a good citizen, and he's done that since day one."

5. Channel 2: "Roy, if you had to do this all over again, would you?"
RK: "Yes."
Channel 2: "You would?"
Channel 2: "You don't have regrets even though you've been painted as a potential murder suspect?"
RK: "Doing the right thing is its own reward."

6. Not sure which reporter/channel, maybe 2: "Your first deposition, you were, all the motions were filed the same afternoon, painted as a potential murder suspect... Was this a dirty trick by the defense?"
DE: "Well, obviously it was intended to maximize the public reaction to it as opposed to dealing with it appropriately in the court of law, so if you want to call that a dirty trick I'll leave it up to others to characterize but I think it was gratuitous and unnecessary, and not in keeping with the way that normally these things would be handled in a court of law by a judge..."

Nicely done Mr. Evans and Mr. Kronk.

(Side note and I hardly want to debase this thread by mentioning it, but did anyone else note which network asked RK did he "actually step on the bag"? Sensationalize much, sunglasses? :sick:)

As ever, :cow:

This is a perfect example of how an attorney should handle a media interview. There were no sarcastic comments thrown at the other side......there were no laughs, smirks, or eye rolls......and there were no "Where's your buddy?" comments thrown in for "soundbite" purposes.

Rather refreshing to hear a "NON-INFOMERCIAL" interview.

I inadvertently re-watched part of JB's interview before finding the right one, and wow. What a difference between the two.--side by side JB before and DE after the depo... whew. (I am NOT suggesting that anyone else subject themselves to a moment more of watching JB than is absolutely necessary to keep up to date on the case, btw.) General impressions of RK/DE interviews:

1. At the beginning, when reporters are questioning RK about how it feels to be in his position, Evans actually moves out of the close-up camera shot with an apologetic eyebrow raise to the cameraman whose shot of RK he is blocking.

2. Reporter to RK: "Was it nerve-wracking going in there?" RK: "No. It's just all the pressure of everybody that brought the lies and the rumors and all that other stuff and having to try and maintain a normal life, that's not an easy thing to do...."

3. At 1:41 Kathy Belich: "Do you get an indication that they are trying still to make Mr. Kronk look like he's the murderer?"

DE: "Well, you know, for an extended period of time in this case there's been a lot of effort made to uh, to, to uh, you know, to cast aspersions on him, to throw dirt on him, to throw mud on him, and I have to honor him for, for being a guy who's been willing to turn the other cheek, and at the end of the day in this case, of anybody who's been involved in this all this mess, he's gonna be one guy who's gonna come out with his reputation intact and his dignity intact."

4. About 4:03, DE responds to Kathy B on attempts to smear RK: "...but at the end of the day, none of this stuff matters in the case of the State of Florida versus Ms. Anthony, and I think that ultimately none of this will see the light of day in a courtroom, but it's still hurtful for Roy, and it's been very challenging for him that one out of a hundred people might think that there's something to any of this... he's doing his best to hold his head up high and be dignified about it and turn the other cheek, and be a good citizen, and he's done that since day one."

5. Channel 2: "Roy, if you had to do this all over again, would you?"
Channel 2: "You would?"
Channel 2: "You don't have regrets even though you've been painted as a potential murder suspect?"
RK: "Doing the right thing is its own reward."

6. Not sure which reporter/channel, maybe 2: "Your first deposition, you were, all the motions were filed the same afternoon, painted as a potential murder suspect... Was this a dirty trick by the defense?"
DE: "Well, obviously it was intended to maximize the public reaction to it as opposed to dealing with it appropriately in the court of law, so if you want to call that a dirty trick I'll leave it up to others to characterize but I think it was gratuitous and unnecessary, and not in keeping with the way that normally these things would be handled in a court of law by a judge..."

Nicely done Mr. Evans and Mr. Kronk.

(Side note and I hardly want to debase this thread by mentioning it, but did anyone else note which network asked RK did he "actually step on the bag"? Sensationalize much, sunglasses? :sick:)

As ever, :cow:

Bold mine.

Not sure what network it is, but that was Holly Bristow asking the question of Mr. Kronk....you know, the reporter who resides up Cindy's A$$. :furious:

This is a perfect example of how an attorney should handle a media interview. There were no sarcastic comments thrown at the other side......there were no laughs, smirks, or eye rolls......and there were no "Where's your buddy?" comments thrown in for "soundbite" purposes.

Rather refreshing to hear a "NON-INFOMERCIAL" interview.

I agree. The fact that he can and did handle himself makes it , IMO, that much more egregious that he very often does not. It means it is his free will choice to be rude and misinformed.

Sad, tired and pitiful!

IMO, it's as simple as this:

-At the conclusion of the Anthony case, a lawyer such as Mr. Evans will continue to have a long and dignified career in law. He will maintain the respect of clients, peers, Judges, jurors, court personnel, the community, his own staff and law clerks, etc. It's clear he knows what he is doing and has core values and (most importantly) integrity. It's not about ego, it's not about money and Mr. Evans does not have legal stormclouds following him around Orlando.

-A lawyer such as Mr. Baez, on the other hand, will almost certainly face ongoing and continual bar complaints as long as he remains in the legal profession. I simply cannot envision him having a long and respected career in law. He seems to believe that normal rules and procedure don't apply to him! I think it goes without saying that among those lawyers who have earned a great deal of respect in the legal community (Mr. Nejame, Ms. Drane-Burdick), Baez is viewed with a degree of disgust and disbelief. I don't have the time to write out a big laundry list of his many problems (technical, procedural, personal, intellectual, ethical, professional, etc., etc.) but he strikes me as one very troublesome member of the FLA bar. Mr. Baez has got got mighty big stormclouds hovering over him......all of his own making and design. As far as integrity goes?? I just don't see it. As much as I dislike KC, he continues to do her defense a disservice. The petty, entirely unprofessional "13 year old Baez" is always just under the surface. He doesn't seem to have a mature "filter" at all when it comes to this case. It baffles me to no end that we continue to witness his overblown ego and clearly false bravado when he has performed so poorly since he took on this case.

JMO, MOO.....

Kronk Submits Proof Of Whereabouts Before Finding Caylee
Lawyer Says Kronk Dealt With Car Trouble In Sanford The Day Prior

http://www.wesh.com/r/24541306/detail.html

<snipped>

&#8220;I think it's pretty definitive proof that the reason he was out that day was he had car trouble, pretty expensive car trouble. You don't make stuff like that up,&#8221; said David Evans, Kronk&#8217;s attorney.

This week prosecutors turned over the same receipts to Anthony&#8217;s defense. Former Anthony defense team lawyer Andrea Lyon once suggested that Kronk intentionally took the day off to stage the discovery.

Receipt for Car Repair: http://www.wesh.com/pdf/24541360/detail.html

Receipt for Tow: http://www.wesh.com/pdf/24541384/detail.html

Request for Kronk Phone Records: http://www.wesh.com/pdf/24541400/detail.html

Kronk Submits Proof Of Whereabouts Before Finding Caylee
Lawyer Says Kronk Dealt With Car Trouble In Sanford The Day Prior

http://www.wesh.com/r/24541306/detail.html

<snipped>

“I think it's pretty definitive proof that the reason he was out that day was he had car trouble, pretty expensive car trouble. You don't make stuff like that up,” said David Evans, Kronk’s attorney.

This week prosecutors turned over the same receipts to Anthony’s defense. Former Anthony defense team lawyer Andrea Lyon once suggested that Kronk intentionally took the day off to stage the discovery.

Receipt for Car Repair: http://www.wesh.com/pdf/24541360/detail.html

Receipt for Tow: http://www.wesh.com/pdf/24541384/detail.html

Request for Kronk Phone Records: http://www.wesh.com/pdf/24541400/detail.html

That's Great! I'm so glad RK has a good attorney so all of this nonsense can be laid to rest.
Shame on Andrea L for suggesting such a thing!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back