2010.08.02 - DS's friends speak out.

And the Spicher defensive front three take the playing field wagging fingers with hands on hips. Interesting they all 3 decide to speak at once.

What's struck me about this case is the silence of TH and DDS, no denials ever, no plea's for Kyrons return.

Support is one thing, obstruction is another. Which is it?

I thought they just said they couldn't find her? IIRC it was undefined who said she 'left abruptly', if indeed she did.
She must have gone somewhere - she forgot to take her phone with her.

I'm more amazed by the fact that she spent ten days with Terri right after Kaine left. I knew she was there some of the time because reporters knocked on the door and saw her, but ten days? No wonder the police want her testimony!

It's interesting that one of the friends in that video says, quote, "Terri said, 'No, I need you now,' and DeDe being the friend she was stopped what she was doing and went out and stayed with her for ten days."

Sounds urgent - but why DeDe and not some of their other friends?

Because it's a 40 acre farm?

I see, I was under the impression that she did landscaping gardening and not farming field labor.

eta: and that "abruptly left the house" sounded more like something one would say about a worker who was seen leaving, rather than out of sight on the property.

So, she would have come to stay on the 28th? When Kaine moved out, presumably? And then stayed through July 4, 2010.

Because it's a 40 acre farm?
That's why we need to know where the work was being done and what kind of work it actually was.

Most landscaping is usually done near the house - that's what strikes me as odd. The person who called her in for lunch expected her to be there close-by.

If DeDe suddenly took off on foot somewhere over the 40 acres, why would she do that? It just seems suspicious. Were those acres wooded or farmland and what would a landscaper be doing? Seems like a simple matter to explain, if she really was doing something connected with her work. And yet, the police say the 90 minutes are still a mystery, so she either hasn't explained or she just doesn't want to tell them for some unknown reason of her own.

So apparently they aren't bff's anymore. I mean REALLY not bff's.

TH is willing to let Dede take some of the heat - let Dede's relatives get searched, basically let the police focus on Dede without TH saying a word in Dede's defense or saying a word about anything. And now, Dede has her friends coming out and saying Dede is as pure as the driven snow, but not mentioning TH even once. The reporter didn't ask them about TH at all, just Dede? I find that hard to believe.

Apparently they just trusted good ol' Dede when it came to TH. After all, she wouldn't stand by TH if she thought TH did something like that. So TH must be innocent because Dede thinks so.

But wait. She's not standing by TH anymore. She's not talking to her, she's getting immunity (and you don't get immunity if you don't plan to testify), and her own lawyer said he wouldn't be surprised if TH is arrested.

So would her friends agree now that TH definitely did something and is trying to drag poor, innocent, pillar of the community Dede into it?

Sounds me to like lines are being drawn. Sounds to me like Dede is definitely letting Terri know I know what you did but I'm not going down for it. Sounds like Dede is going to watch Terri burn and make sure Dede doesn't get singed.

If I were Terri, I'd be terrified. Dede sounds like someone you just. don't. cross. And no, I don't think Dede is innocent in all of this, but she sure has convinced her friends she is.

Makes me wonder even more what went on those ten days those bff's spent together in close quarters. Hmmmm.

That's why we need to know where the work was being done and what kind of work it actually was.

Most landscaping is usually done near the house - that's what strikes me as odd. The person who called her in for lunch expected her to be there close-by.

If DeDe suddenly took off on foot somewhere over the 40 acres, why would she do that? It just seems suspicious. Were those acres wooded or farmland and what would a landscaper be doing? Seems like a simple matter to explain, if she really was doing something connected with her work. And yet, the police say the 90 minutes are still a mystery, so she either hasn't explained or she just doesn't want to tell them for some unknown reason of her own.

Would you happen to have a link to LE saying the 90 minutes are still a mystery?

Oh, and the 28th is when the MFH was made public. I'm guessing that was part of TH's urgent request for DeDe to come to stay with her.

Would you happen to have a link to LE saying the 90 minutes are still a mystery?

I'm extrapolating from the interview in the first post.

In the first post - the 90 minutes unaccounted for that her friends mentioned. I presume these women mentioned that to the CBS reporter because they got that from their "friend" DeDe. That must be the 90 minutes the police want to know about, or they wouldn't be talking about it.

The ex-Multnomah County policeman Bruce McCain mentions it also in this video on the same page:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6736428n&tag=related;photovideo

He says that what police probably want to know are her activities during that 90 minutes as well as the ten days with Terri.

Those two things must be the bones of contention between DeDe and LE or she wouldn't have her friends on national television pleading for the public to believe her story.

And look, if DeDe had a better alibi, we wouldn't be talking about this. Her alibi sucks.

JMO

I don't think it is a given that Dede's friends know Terri or anything about her. I don't know any of my closest friend's other friends that she knows from other places in her life. They only know Dede, in my opinion, and are talking about her as they know her, or believe they know her.

And look, if DeDe had a better alibi, we wouldn't be talking about this. Her alibi sucks.

JMO

I agree. It sounds like she was trying to be smart and leave the phone at her home to cover herself. What people don't get it is that it's not just the idiots that get caught. Many smart people have been caught too. Just because a phone is pinging at home doesn't mean that the police will automatically back off of a person. They have instincts too, and they have dealt with people trying to outsmart the police for years. It's why I don't commit any crimes, seriously.

And just because there is an alibi doesn't mean that alibi is airtight - that's what the police look for, not that there is an alibi, but that it's airtight enough that the person could not have done the crime. I guess TH and Dede forgot about that airtight part. They thought just having an alibi would be enough.

Basically, there's no outsmarting the police. There's just luck and time. And it's only a matter of time until Dede gets in front of that Grand Jury, TH.

I don't think it is a given that Dede's friends know Terri or anything about her. I don't know any of my closest friend's other friends that she knows from other places in her life. They only know Dede, in my opinion, and are talking about her as they know her, or believe they know her.
My perception is that maybe she and her attorney chose these friends and gave them specific things to address in the interview - the 90 minutes supposedly explained as "I forgot my phone" and the fact she stayed with Terri just out of friendship.

If the homeowner said she called her in for lunch, then how would the homeowner know "she abruptly left at 11:30"? All the contractors I've ever hired all have there phone attached to there hip or sitting in the truck, but never forgot there phone when there in a business. All the contractors I've ever hired all have advertising on the side of there truck with the necessary tools inside. Did DS have a work truck or did she just through in tools that she needed into her vehicle? If she did have a work truck with advertising on it wouldn't someone like the homeowner notice something like that? Or did they and we don't know those details?

I'm extrapolating from the interview in the first post.

In the first post - the 90 minutes unaccounted for that her friends mentioned. I presume these women mentioned that to the CBS reporter because they got that from their "friend" DeDe. That must be the 90 minutes the police want to know about, or they wouldn't be talking about it.

The ex-Multnomah County policeman Bruce McCain mentions it also in this video on the same page:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6736428n&tag=related;photovideo

He says that what police probably want to know are her activities during that 90 minutes as well as the ten days with Terri.

Those two things must be the bones of contention between DeDe and LE or she wouldn't have her friends on national television pleading for the public to believe her story.

Thanks for clarifying that it was the "ex-Multnomah County policeman Bruce McCain" who spoke about 90 minutes, as I could find anything regarding the 90 minutes coming from the "active" detectives in the case.

Thanks for clarifying that it was the "ex-Multnomah County policeman Bruce McCain" who spoke about 90 minutes, as I could find anything regarding the 90 minutes coming from the "active" detectives in the case.

Well, is there a link that says cops are satisfied with all 90 minutes of Terrri and Dede?

I wonder why we're just now hearing about this 10-day visit with TH. The day (presumably) DDS started staying there was the day the MFH plot came out in the media. Surely, LE was watching TH and the house like hawks. Were they trying to see if they would somehow lead LE to Kyron or some evidence?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back