2010.08.02 - DS's friends speak out.

Thanks for clarifying that it was the "ex-Multnomah County policeman Bruce McCain" who spoke about 90 minutes, as I could find anything regarding the 90 minutes coming from the "active" detectives in the case.

The "active detectives" aren't talking. CBS news reported this so it's a valid source. JMO

ETA: The info comes from DeDe through her friends speaking in her defense. Why would they make it up?

Why would DeDe want her "friends" on this show to discuss the 90 minutes with a reporter if that wasn't the matter at hand? They don't show them talking about the 90 minutes, but the reporter says she got the information about her leaving her cell phone from the friends.

I would believe that LE has DD's phone records, so if her phone never left Tualatin , they would know that and if she received a call from Terry's phone, they would know that too. They would also know if Terry called DD's phone. LE knows what info. they need from DD. IMO

Well, is there a link that says cops are satisfied with all 90 minutes of Terrri and Dede?

Respectfully I will say, there isn't a link with regards to anything coming from LE except that Kyron is missing; Terri is cooperating and/or not cooperating in some cases etc.; unless I missed something. :crazy:

Background on the Ten Days - with a little bit about the 90 minutes.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

Spicher was a visible presence at the Horman house after Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, moved out and filed for divorce and a restraining order against Terri Horman in late June. She also was seen driving Terri Horman to and from her attorney's office in downtown Portland.

Detectives learned that Spicher, who shares Terri Horman's passion for fitness and gardening, was doing gardening work for a Northwest Portland homeowner on June 4. She abruptly left the house about 11:30 a.m. and didn't return until an hour to 90 minutes later.

Another person working at the home called Spicher to come in for lunch, and the homeowner called Spicher on her cell phone but she wasn't reachable. Detectives have questioned both the homeowner and the other person who was working at the home that day.

...Police said Michael Cook, who was also seen at the Horman home after Kaine Horman moved out, has been interviewed by authorities. Cook was a high school friend of Kaine Horman who showed up at the couple's home after Kyron disappeared.

The "active detectives" aren't talking. CBS news reported this so it's a valid source. JMO

ETA: The info comes from DeDe through her friends speaking in her defense. Why would they make it up?

Why would DeDe want her "friends" on this show to discuss the 90 minutes with a reporter if that wasn't the matter at hand? They don't show them talking about the 90 minutes, but the reporter says she got the information about her leaving her cell phone from the friends.

I didn't watch the show; were her friends on the show?

I thought they just said they couldn't find her? IIRC it was undefined who said she 'left abruptly', if indeed she did.

ETA: She abruptly left the house about 11:30 a.m. and didn't return until an hour to 90 minutes later.

Another person working at the home called Spicher to come in for lunch, and the homeowner called Spicher on her cell phone but she wasn't reachable.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

Does anyone have a link to a MSM article saying who it was who saw Dede leave abruptly? (I'm specifying MSM only because I've read all the blog speculation.)

I want to know if DeDe knew the homeowner was making her lunch.

The reason I ask is I was raised it was RUDE to not have enough food for everyone at the house including any workers. A few months ago, the plumbers, who had been working for all day, had no idea I had ordered a pizza for all of us until after it arrived.

IMHO, the sentiment in this thread is why TH and DS won't speak publicly and are probably being strongly advised against speaking out in their defense. At this point, it doesn't matter what they say. If the court of public opinion has already convicted them, anything they say, the number of times they blink, if they smirk or not, their respective weight with regard to how much time they say they spent at the gym, the hitch in their voices, that their voices didn't hitch with guilt because they are sociopaths, that they were wearing sunglasses to cover their guilty, guilty eyes! will be used to further whatever opinions have already been solidified in the minds of those following this case.

IMHO, of course.

IMHO, the sentiment in this thread is why TH and DS won't speak publicly and are probably being strongly advised against speaking out in their defense. At this point, it doesn't matter what they say. If the court of public opinion has already convicted them, anything they say, the number of times they blink, if they smirk or not, their respective weight with regard to how much time they say they spent at the gym, the hitch in their voices, that their voices didn't hitch with guilt because they are sociopaths, that they were wearing sunglasses to cover their guilty, guilty eyes! will be used to further whatever opinions have already been solidified in the minds of those following this case.

IMHO, of course.

DDS's lawyer ain't helping much either by publicly stating that he feels TH will be arrested.

IMHO, of course.

What matters to me is that they haven't talked about anyone except themselves and their alibis. Haven't seen a word anywhere from DeDe about Kyron Horman.

When I stated "active" dectectives, this had to do with the earlier post stating "the police said", not with regards to what DeDe friends stated.

IMHO, of course.

I disagree. If they would come out and say something, even indicate that they give a damn about Kyron and not just covering their own patoots, that would make think maybe they aren't involved. I think that this is an unfair assmption, that those of us who believe they are guilty are just tearing them apart unfairly. I could care less about what they look like physically, but their actions speak far louder than their words at this point. They are not, to me, acting like people who didn't have anything to do with hurting a child. They are acting more like guilty people who are trying to hide what they did to a child because they don't want to get into trouble for it.

So yes, by all means, if they would just come out and say something, that would mean a lot to me. Keeping silent and just letting themselves be torn apart in the public arena is their choice. Not addressing these suspicions themselves and not letting themselves be completely open so that they can be cleared is their choice. Basically, if I don't want people saying or thinking things about me, I personally clear the air. I don't let it stay contaminated and then complain about how contaminated it is. That's just me and MOO.

And honestly, nothing is solidified in my mind. I may be leaning one way, but that doesn't mean if they were cleared that I would keep believing they were guilty. My frustration is that I have suspicions but there's no information to say for sure what they are. *sigh*

Please read the first post of this thread. ;)

I looked at the video and see that the friends of DeDe's were not on the show and heard what was shared with the reporter. It sure would have been nice if they had a one on one with the friends.

Does anyone have a link reporting where Dede was working was a 40 acre farm? I know we have a comment from some unknown anonymous poster but do we have MSM confirmation?

IMHO, of course.

I think the parents of Kyron could give a rats bootie what Terry or DD say in public, they want them to "completely" corporate with LE.

So apparently they aren't bff's anymore. I mean REALLY not bff's.

TH is willing to let Dede take some of the heat - let Dede's relatives get searched, basically let the police focus on Dede without TH saying a word in Dede's defense or saying a word about anything. And now, Dede has her friends coming out and saying Dede is as pure as the driven snow, but not mentioning TH even once. The reporter didn't ask them about TH at all, just Dede? I find that hard to believe.

Apparently they just trusted good ol' Dede when it came to TH. After all, she wouldn't stand by TH if she thought TH did something like that. So TH must be innocent because Dede thinks so.

But wait. She's not standing by TH anymore. She's not talking to her, she's getting immunity (and you don't get immunity if you don't plan to testify), and her own lawyer said he wouldn't be surprised if TH is arrested.

So would her friends agree now that TH definitely did something and is trying to drag poor, innocent, pillar of the community Dede into it?

Sounds me to like lines are being drawn. Sounds to me like Dede is definitely letting Terri know I know what you did but I'm not going down for it. Sounds like Dede is going to watch Terri burn and make sure Dede doesn't get singed.

If I were Terri, I'd be terrified. Dede sounds like someone you just. don't. cross. And no, I don't think Dede is innocent in all of this, but she sure has convinced her friends she is.

Makes me wonder even more what went on those ten days those bff's spent together in close quarters. Hmmmm.

IMO, DeDe was dragged into this strictly because she was TH"s friend. DeDe is being raked over the coals in the court of public opinion because she stood by her friend during a difficult time. TH has no control over what has happened to DeDe. Until this case, I have NEVER heard of anyone being thrown to the wolves for being a friend.

IMO, both TH and DeDe are smart to not try to defend themselves in the court of public opinion. The could be completely innocent and many would not believe them.

IMO, there is a lot of speculation that DeDe is asking for immunity but no proof. Actually, DeDe's attorny stated that no questions were asked of DeDe. The prosecutor would have had to "ask" a question for DeDe to plead the 5th to start the immunity process.

IMO, DeDe CANNOT talk to TH right now The minute DeDe was sworn in as a wintess before the Grand Jury, she was prohibited from having any contact with any potential witnesses or defendants in that Grand Jury case. IMO, DeDe being sworn in was the only way to stop DeDe from being TH"s friend and to stop the public comments of DeDe not cooperating in the best interest of Kyron by being supportive of TH.

IMO, TH has no reason to be afraid of DeDe. DeDe does not know anything relevant to Kyron's disappearance.

So apparently they aren't bff's anymore. I mean REALLY not bff's.

Who said this? IIRC, the lawyer only said DS wasn't speaking to TH at present time, which is probably wise all things considered.

TH is willing to let Dede take some of the heat - let Dede's relatives get searched, basically let the police focus on Dede without TH saying a word in Dede's defense or saying a word about anything.

Let? It really isn't up to Terri, is it? If Terri is innocent there is nothing she can say to prevent any of this. If she doesn't know what happened to Kyron, there's nothing she can do. If DS in cahoots with Terri, she brought all this on herself. IIRC, Desiree and Kaine asserted that DS was advising TH. IMHO, DS has on her big girl panties. She knows what's going on with regard to the investigation. She chose to be involved insofar as she supported Terri in the aftermath of Kyron's abduction, Kaine filing for divorce, taking baby K, and Terri being served with the RO.

And now, Dede has her friends coming out and saying Dede is as pure as the driven snow, but not mentioning TH even once. The reporter didn't ask them about TH at all, just Dede? I find that hard to believe.

Um...

Karen Gjerning, another friend said, "If DeDe felt that Terri had anything to do with this, DeDe would not be standing next to Terri."

Spicher's friends also revealed that she moved in with Terri Horman soon after Terri's husband, Kaine, moved out and filed for divorce.

Gjerning said, "Because DeDe is the friend that she is she stopped what she was doing and went out and stayed with her for 10 days."

Apparently they just trusted good ol' Dede when it came to TH. After all, she wouldn't stand by TH if she thought TH did something like that. So TH must be innocent because Dede thinks so.

Doesn't this sort of negate the argument that they didn't mention Terri? :waitasec:

But wait. She's not standing by TH anymore. She's not talking to her, she's getting immunity (and you don't get immunity if you don't plan to testify), and her own lawyer said he wouldn't be surprised if TH is arrested.

Has any reliable source come forth to verify DS has been granted immunity? Why is this assumption being passed around as fact?

So would her friends agree now that TH definitely did something and is trying to drag poor, innocent, pillar of the community Dede into it?

Sounds me to like lines are being drawn. Sounds to me like Dede is definitely letting Terri know I know what you did but I'm not going down for it. Sounds like Dede is going to watch Terri burn and make sure Dede doesn't get singed.

DS chose to stay with TH in the aftermath of Kyron's abduction. TH didn't force her to move into the Horman home for 10 days. Dede's friends said that Dede wouldn't stand beside Terri if Dede thought she was guilty. How is that sending a message or drawing a line in the sand?

If I were Terri, I'd be terrified. Dede sounds like someone you just. don't. cross. And no, I don't think Dede is innocent in all of this, but she sure has convinced her friends she is.

Makes me wonder even more what went on those ten days those bff's spent together in close quarters. Hmmmm.

Respectfully, the assumptions in this post are baffling. There is nothing to indicate DS has it out for Terri. Upon retaining counsel, DS's lawyer could have said refrain from contact while LE are conducting their investigation. The leaps and gap filling presented as near fact are baffling.

Grandmaj said:
Does anyone have a link reporting where Dede was working was a 40 acre farm? I know we have a comment from some unknown anonymous poster but do we have MSM confirmation?

Not that I can find, just the comment by "eskeptic" on this news article:

Who is DeDe Spicher?

I don't think we have the name of the property owner.

1Chump said:
IMO, DeDe was dragged into this strictly because she was TH"s friend. DeDe is being raked over the coals in the court of public opinion because she stood by her friend during a difficult time. TH has no control over what has happened to DeDe. Until this case, I have NEVER heard of anyone being thrown to the wolves for being a friend.

In my opinion, DeDe chose to put herself at the center of this case. She could have supported Terri without moving into her house! Her own actions have thrown her into the spotlight, JMO.

IMHO, of course.

I agree with you. The court of public opinion does not matter. The only talking TH and DS should be doing and, according to LE, are doing is speaking with LE.

Thankfully unlike the court of public opinion, people do not have to prove their innocence in a Court of Law. The State has to prove people's guilt with evidence. So far what is known publically fuels speculation but has very little evidentiary value in a Court of Law.

IMO, as far as DeDe, I'm sure her attorney has adviced her that not only will she never win in the Court of Public Opinion but she needs to stay quiet to protect any future civil suits.

What matters to me is that they haven't talked about anyone except themselves and their alibis. Haven't seen a word anywhere from DeDe about Kyron Horman.

you haven't heard a word from DeDe about anything?? You've heard from her lawyer, who by the way is hired to worry about his client..he is paid to have a one track mind. We haven't heard from TH about her abilbis either have we? In fact we haven't even heard from her lawyer. Not sure what you are referring to?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012
Back