2010.09.13 TN @ state capital for 12th annual missing childrens day

Status
Not open for further replies.
LT, I spent a few hours last night reviewing those old posts from the "pig pen" days, and a lot of the comments are so similar to what some of us are still saying 19 mo. later. It doesn't add anything to what we now know, in fact it tells me we still don't have any more now than we did then. It's just amazing to me how little progress has been made. So sad for Haleigh.:banghead:

We do have PCSO stating they believe Haleigh is deceased, however I agree there has been very little progress made concerning this case... Unlike you though I'm not one bit amazed just totally disgusted with LE in Putnam County..JMHO

We're getting way OT here. Please use the Theories thread for opinions and debates. :blowkiss:

This thread is about TN going to the event.

A personal story in regards to your post. My Step Father got custody of my sister, years ago. My mother was suffering from extreme depression, in and out of hospitals for a year. My Step Father was one of the most dangerous men I, or anyone who ever knew him, had ever come across. His motive for having custody was control over my mom, plain and simple. My mom tried, through the court system, as best she could, to regain custody of my sister to no avail. They did finally issue them joint custody as my mom improved through counseling and medication. Before the ink was dry on that order, my Step Dad took my sister down to the woods around Palatka, FL. They lived in a ran down mobile home (back in the woods) for EIGHT years. My sister was six years old at the time. The next time we saw my sister was when she was 14 years old.

We, as a family, looked all over for her, but never found her. I won't repeat what she went through during those years, but she will never recover from the abuse.

This Step father was able to act like quite the charmer in front of judges or anyone he needed to impress. As soon as the doors closed his real self would reappear.

Mothers don't always get custody (contrary to popular belief). My mom improved with the help of doctors, but still she lost her daughter to this ruthless man for the majority of my sisters life. Even when my mom was better, she was in fear of him and confronting a man like this (without police presence) was out of the question.

My mom had a very loving family (parents, aunts) who would have gladly stepped in to care for my sister, but the original Judge saw it fit for her to go with her dad.

This is probably not your every day situation, but Judges DO award custody to fathers (even when the fathers history is far from stellar). I could go on and on, but you get my drift.

I am very sorry for what your sister and family has endured.Years ago it was different men seemed to always win in family and divorce courts.I know first hand I saw my mom go threw hell.But in today s times family court IMO bends over backwards to keep children with the mom at all costs.In my case Grandsons mom moved him 4 and his 7 yr old sis in with a man she knew 2 months neither work, kids told us of horrible abuse ,told police, even sex crimes prosecutors office.She then on purpose got pregnant by him when DFYS told her kids could not live or be around him.They changed their tune once she got pregnant.Met last aug now by end of month her 3rd baby by 3rd daddy is due.They are getting thrown out of BF grandmothers apt and will be homeless when new baby comes.My son has spent thousands to no avail.Took a letter writing campaign to all media and Governor, senators and mayors for DYFS to finally start therapy to find out the truth 2 months ago.Sorry for OT but the court system at least in NJ is very bias against the fathers even when the moms repeatedly make very bad judgment calls time after time.TN had every right to be there and I am glad she was.As a grandmother If the police said my granddaughter was dead I would need to see absolute proof before I would believe them esp when IMO keystone cops have bungled this case from day 1.IIRC Trenton Duckette was believed dead,then alive,then given away and still no where to be found.

Was TN or anyone in Haleigh's family actually invited to attend? Given Haleigh has been declared victim of homicide I wonder why her family would receive an invitation to attend a missing child event. Just sayin...

Was TN or anyone in Haleigh's family actually invited to attend? Given Haleigh has been declared victim of homicide I wonder why her family would receive an invitation to attend a missing child event. Just sayin...

Yes they were invited.

Even after a child has been found deceased, families still receive invitations. Somer Thompson was honored (you can see her poster in the video that is in this thread). Caylee Anthony has also been honored at this event, and was again this year.

ETA:

somerthompson.jpg

Here is the picture of Somer's poster. You'll see the little girl next to her is also deceased. :(

I am very sorry for what your sister and family has endured.Years ago it was different men seemed to always win in family and divorce courts.I know first hand I saw my mom go threw hell.But in today s times family court IMO bends over backwards to keep children with the mom at all costs.In my case Grandsons mom moved him 4 and his 7 yr old sis in with a man she knew 2 months neither work, kids told us of horrible abuse ,told police, even sex crimes prosecutors office.She then on purpose got pregnant by him when DFYS told her kids could not live or be around him.They changed their tune once she got pregnant.Met last aug now by end of month her 3rd baby by 3rd daddy is due.They are getting thrown out of BF grandmothers apt and will be homeless when new baby comes.My son has spent thousands to no avail.Took a letter writing campaign to all media and Governor, senators and mayors for DYFS to finally start therapy to find out the truth 2 months ago.Sorry for OT but the court system at least in NJ is very bias against the fathers even when the moms repeatedly make very bad judgment calls time after time.TN had every right to be there and I am glad she was.As a grandmother If the police said my granddaughter was dead I would need to see absolute proof before I would believe them esp when IMO keystone cops have bungled this case from day 1.IIRC Trenton Duckette was believed dead,then alive,then given away and still no where to be found.
sad to say, but your grandson's story is pretty typical. My husband's 1st wife was all about the child support. He got a nickel raise, & she took him to court-& he got stuck with the court cost & her attorney fees. But as soon as the support stopped, the mom put her out, because her husband doesn't want her there. So, it's not about what's best for the kid, it's about what the judge feels like doing. The ex took my husband to court, claiming that he was behind on payments. He wasn't, took the proof, but the judge still treated her like a struggling single mother, & my husband like a deadbeat dad. He upped the support, berated my husband, & then started garnishing his wages...because he couldn't be trusted to pay on his own, lol. She had an affair, left my husband for the man, & then had her daughter call the step, 'Daddy', & her daddy, 'Daddy Wayne', (not his real name). & she's now in her 20s & blames us for 'never being there'. I say, Grow up!"

Yes they were invited.

Even after a child has been found deceased, families still receive invitations. Somer Thompson was honored (you can see her poster in the video that is in this thread). Caylee Anthony has also been honored at this event, and was again this year.

Thank you for this info.

What's really heartbreaking is that there are so many missing kids that there even has to be such an event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member