2010.09.13 TN @ state capital for 12th annual missing childrens day

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had them on his days and when children are concerned there is no such thing as 9/10 of the law.My son has been fighting for custody of his son, so I know how hard it is to take children away from a mother, they never would have just taken his word about drug abuse.There is more to the story of her losing her kids.

My experience on this is through a friend. But the courts are a-changing in at least my state. Partly, I think, because so many kids who are having babies are not married. That alone allows the court jurisidictions to be manipulated. There is no divorce of the couple to establish where custody issues should be filed. My friends unmarried daughter left with the 1 yr old baby (now 2 yrs). He tried the same thing Ron used on Crystal. WaWaWa. He wanted to take her on his own. She didn't allow him to do that but let him visit. He was on probation. She had no run-ins with the law, she paid her bills- he would not pay his bills, he was 31--no high school education, she was taking jr college classes. She had a restrainging order against him. The reason he wanted the little girl was to get at the mother. Amazingly, the case ended up in the jurisdiction the father's lawyer picked. Using a judge known to automatically give fathers a 50-50 vistitation. Poor little girl spends 50 percent of her time in a place an hour away from any grandparents, mother and other family members. She is with a father who lives with many SO not too far away with only her dad. A dad who sometimes works and sometimes not. I believe Crystal and the way Ron manipulated custody because that is what I have seen. I understand you seeing the opposite with your son. I would hope your son would be able to see his children a whole lot more than Ron allowed Haleigh and Jr were able to see Crystal. With people using nothing but cell phones these days, the non-custodial parents have no access to the kids without the other parents allowing it. They can't call the land-line and hope the child will answer so they can talk to them. I think some very vindictive and spiteful people had custody of Haleigh and Jr and they made sure those poor little kids had no access to their mother. Sorry this is so long

IMO the custody trial paints Ronald as a huge hypocrite. He has several drugs arrests under his belt himself and he's admitted on tape that he likes being high and is willing to traffick drugs but if he can't he says he can just eat all the merchandize himself. I believe he was very worried about Crystal's drug use... NOT. The custody fight was about something else.

I believe it must be very disheartening for innocent relatives on all sides of Haleigh's family to know or to believe or even suspect that there are family members or ex-family members who know what happened to her but have decided not to tell. It might be hard to find the strength to organize search efforts when you know that it could easily be made unnecessary if certain unusual people just did the right thing for once in their miserable lives.

ITA Donjeta!

Wasn't Ron still paying off some of those fines he got slapped with from the drug arrests prior to the custody hearing? IMO. :furious:

I really haven't commented on this thread, b/c i am really at a loss for words with TN, her actions and her words. Yes, HaLeigh deserved to have someone from her family there and she did. SURPRISE, it was TN, Damage Control, JMO.

I, for one question why TN and GGS were out searching by the dock the day before LE, that right there tells me that THEY both KNOW that something either happened to HaLeigh by that dock, or HaLeigh was put there until a better place could be thought of... (as long as she was away from the green lane MH where all the LE activity was)

As far as Crystal, i feel for her. She had no fight against Ron when it came to custody of HaLeigh and JR, IMO, he stole them from her, and there was nothing she could do about it. Ron received those children on a default judgement. The fact of the matter is, Ron had those children, and something happened to HaLeigh on RONS watch not Crystals. (well, really Mistys but she was on his watch too, being underage and all)

I just wish someone would tell the truth, so HaLeigh can be put to rest the way she derserved. JMO

They keep saying they are still looking for Haleigh...but the only thing I see are photo ops. What are they doing on a day to day basis?

As usual tehcloser, you have pulled a great question out of the hat. The only answer I have as to what they are doing is that TN and family continue to state publically that they will continue to search. Sounds good, but they never back it up.

However, if I can add to your question my own query - Why don't they launch a search? Probable answers: They don't have the resources to search or the manpower; They don't care if Haleigh is ever found; or they don't have to search because they know where Haleigh is.

I am tired of the lip service TN gives on possibly finding Haleigh. She is sounding like a broken record. jmo

good point...

I can just see Nancy asking TN...why she still believes Haleigh is MISSING...when the LE have changed this to a HOMICIDE.....and asking TN..what she believes the LE HAVE...to make such a HUGE claim..

It would be interesting to see how TN would answer that...

TN..says..she BELIEVES Haleigh is missing...but the LE BELIEVES HOMICIDE..and with some UNDISPUTED..facts...

all in my own opinion

Nothing personal justus4all but I think you're searching over the rainbow if you expect Nancy Grace to ask questions that might put Ron in a shadow of doubt.

Furthermore, Nancy doesn't seem as if she wants to touch that case at all now. Do you suppose viewers have made it know Nancy is out of touch when it come to Ron Cummings.

Bring on the angels for Nancy's wrestling match! jmo

He had them on his days and when children are concerned there is no such thing as 9/10 of the law.My son has been fighting for custody of his son, so I know how hard it is to take children away from a mother, they never would have just taken his word about drug abuse.There is more to the story of her losing her kids.

A personal story in regards to your post. My Step Father got custody of my sister, years ago. My mother was suffering from extreme depression, in and out of hospitals for a year. My Step Father was one of the most dangerous men I, or anyone who ever knew him, had ever come across. His motive for having custody was control over my mom, plain and simple. My mom tried, through the court system, as best she could, to regain custody of my sister to no avail. They did finally issue them joint custody as my mom improved through counseling and medication. Before the ink was dry on that order, my Step Dad took my sister down to the woods around Palatka, FL. They lived in a ran down mobile home (back in the woods) for EIGHT years. My sister was six years old at the time. The next time we saw my sister was when she was 14 years old.

We, as a family, looked all over for her, but never found her. I won't repeat what she went through during those years, but she will never recover from the abuse.

This Step father was able to act like quite the charmer in front of judges or anyone he needed to impress. As soon as the doors closed his real self would reappear.

Mothers don't always get custody (contrary to popular belief). My mom improved with the help of doctors, but still she lost her daughter to this ruthless man for the majority of my sisters life. Even when my mom was better, she was in fear of him and confronting a man like this (without police presence) was out of the question.

My mom had a very loving family (parents, aunts) who would have gladly stepped in to care for my sister, but the original Judge saw it fit for her to go with her dad.

This is probably not your every day situation, but Judges DO award custody to fathers (even when the fathers history is far from stellar). I could go on and on, but you get my drift.

I can't believe that Ron being the better parent is still being debated. Even if his past drug record was overlooked, (but it shouldn't have been), him getting busted for trafficking, should've put a stop to all of this. Ron is, (& was), a lying, 2 faced hypocrite.

I would have no problem with TN going to this missing chidrens event, IF she had put Haleigh first from the beginning. It's strange how she has taken up for Ron at every turn, even supported Misty (the last person to see her Granddaughter), instead of looking for the truth of Ron's and Misty's involvement. You can't have both. You can't make your missing Granddaughter a priority while ignoring those who were closest to her at the time she disappeared.
I haven't heard of one incident where TN has actually searched for Haleigh. IF she thought she was really alive, you would think she would be searching day and night.
What kind of Grandmother ignores the people who very likely are involved in her Granddaughters disappearance, yet claims on TV she wants everyone to continue looking for Haleigh, yet...this same Grandma does NO actual searching herself. Does she try to arrange other locals to help set up searches ? If she really believed Haleigh was alive, she would move heaven and earth to find her. Reminds me of another Florida family who wasn't too keen on people searching for their Granddaughter either.

Now, now, now, don't forget the pig pen search with Cobra when she took off due to a real snake sighting (her story, not mine) and don't forget the urgent search done by Teresa and Annette near the Shell Harbor boat ramp area after Grandma Flo called them to warn them that LE would be in the area the next day to search for Haleigh. IMO, there is absolutely nothing including Law enforcement that could stop a parent from looking for their lost child if they were determined to do so.

A personal story in regards to your post. My Step Father got custody of my sister, years ago. My mother was suffering from extreme depression, in and out of hospitals for a year. My Step Father was one of the most dangerous men I, or anyone who ever knew him, had ever come across. His motive for having custody was control over my mom, plain and simple. My mom tried, through the court system, as best she could, to regain custody of my sister to no avail. They did finally issue them joint custody as my mom improved through counseling and medication. Before the ink was dry on that order, my Step Dad took my sister down to the woods around Palatka, FL. They lived in a ran down mobile home (back in the woods) for EIGHT years. My sister was six years old at the time. The next time we saw my sister was when she was 14 years old.

We, as a family, looked all over for her, but never found her. I won't repeat what she went through during those years, but she will never recover from the abuse.

This Step father was able to act like quite the charmer in front of judges or anyone he needed to impress. As soon as the doors closed his real self would reappear.

Mothers don't always get custody (contrary to popular belief). My mom improved with the help of doctors, but still she lost her daughter to this ruthless man for the majority of my sisters life. Even when my mom was better, she was in fear of him and confronting a man like this (without police presence) was out of the question.

My mom had a very loving family (parents, aunts) who would have gladly stepped in to care for my sister, but the original Judge saw it fit for her to go with her dad.

This is probably not your every day situation, but Judges DO award custody to fathers (even when the fathers history is far from stellar). I could go on and on, but you get my drift.

Well said. I have a very similar story and fully appreciate what you are saying. The words "better parent" don't even need to come out of Ron's mouth.

Nothing personal justus4all but I think you're searching over the rainbow if you expect Nancy Grace to ask questions that might put Ron in a shadow of doubt.

Furthermore, Nancy doesn't seem as if she wants to touch that case at all now. Do you suppose viewers have made it know Nancy is out of touch when it come to Ron Cummings.

:dance: I'll dance to that!

Oh, my....I would like to make a few comments; however, emotions are running higher than usual on this thread it seems and I know it's risky...but...

I don't believe Haleigh is alive and I don't believe TN does either. As with many of the things she has done in the past this doesn't make sense at all. I do not believe that TN is guilty of all the things many posters here accuse her of. I agree that she does try to take up for Ron (probably due to guilt over not raising him and being there for him) - but, that in no way equates to conspiracy, hiding a body or whatever the going theory may be. All IMO only.

IMHO, TN had every right to attend the event. She's in a damned if she does - damned if she doesn't on this board. She can't please posters here and it doesn't matter what she does - it's wrong and evidence of her guilt. (Perhaps she could alleviate some of her problems if she just learned to keep quiet???) I do not personally care for TN - but....

I would like to know is CS was invited. She should have been. If she was invited - she should have gone. Again, all JMO.

And, while I submit my thoughts as respectfully as possible, I do understand that my views are not popular with many.

It would be my hope that my perspective is as welcome here as anyone else's. If it isn't, a mod can let me know and I will promptly remove myself.

Good question...

I have not read/heard that Crystal/her mom have been doing any searches or giving any media attention to find Haleigh..

In fact....correct me if I am wrong....Crystal has been very quiet and has stayed in the background ...since...the LE has made the announcement that Haleigh was no longer living..and ruled it a Homicide...

That could be the reason Crystal is not out there day and night searching .........The LE have the evidence...DEATH......HOMICIDE...

So, what is there to search....FOR....??????

SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH.......

TN is still saying she believes Haleigh is alive....So...if TN believes that so much.....SHE should be out searching...

Appparently TN is not taking the LE's word that there has been a Homicide on Haleigh......Perhaps she thinks the LE has made a mistake..
IF the LE has made a mistake...then WHO is the evidence..of a Homicide....if it is NOT Haleigh.........somebody else????? a different child?????

all in my own opinion

I'm really, really hoping that with Teresa coming out with this "Haleigh is still alive" campaign, that it means that she knows that an arrest for Ron is in the works for Haleigh's death so she is saying that Haleigh is alive............KWIM?

Good question...

I have not read/heard that Crystal/her mom have been doing any searches or giving any media attention to find Haleigh..

In fact....correct me if I am wrong....Crystal has been very quiet and has stayed in the background ...since...the LE has made the announcement that Haleigh was no longer living..and ruled it a Homicide...

That could be the reason Crystal is not out there day and night searching .........The LE have the evidence...DEATH......HOMICIDE...

So, what is there to search....FOR....??????

SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH.......

TN is still saying she believes Haleigh is alive....So...if TN believes that so much.....SHE should be out searching...

Appparently TN is not taking the LE's word that there has been a Homicide on Haleigh......Perhaps she thinks the LE has made a mistake..
IF the LE has made a mistake...then WHO is the evidence..of a Homicide....if it is NOT Haleigh.........somebody else????? a different child?????

all in my own opinion

I totally agree with you, justus4all. LE has ruled this a homocide but yet Teresa still wants people to believe that Haleigh is still alive. So if they believe that, eventhough, LE is stating that Haleigh is deceased, then why isn't she out looking for Haleigh?

Whether they put together a search team or the Cummings family search on their own, someone needs to be searching for her, if they truly believe that she's still alive.

GMSykes and Teresa had no problem searching the wooded area by the dock, all by themselves...for hours....

JMO of course

Now, now, now, don't forget the pig pen search with Cobra when she took off due to a real snake sighting (her story, not mine) and don't forget the urgent search done by Teresa and Annette near the Shell Harbor boat ramp area after Grandma Flo called them to warn them that LE would be in the area the next day to search for Haleigh. IMO, there is absolutely nothing including Law enforcement that could stop a parent from looking for their lost child if they were determined to do so.

LT, I spent a few hours last night reviewing those old posts from the "pig pen" days, and a lot of the comments are so similar to what some of us are still saying 19 mo. later. It doesn't add anything to what we now know, in fact it tells me we still don't have any more now than we did then. It's just amazing to me how little progress has been made. So sad for Haleigh.:banghead:

Oh, my....I would like to make a few comments; however, emotions are running higher than usual on this thread it seems and I know it's risky...but...

I don't believe Haleigh is alive and I don't believe TN does either. As with many of the things she has done in the past this doesn't make sense at all. I do not believe that TN is guilty of all the things many posters here accuse her of. I agree that she does try to take up for Ron (probably due to guilt over not raising him and being there for him) - but, that in no way equates to conspiracy, hiding a body or whatever the going theory may be. All IMO only.

IMHO, TN had every right to attend the event. She's in a damned if she does - damned if she doesn't on this board. She can't please posters here and it doesn't matter what she does - it's wrong and evidence of her guilt. (Perhaps she could alleviate some of her problems if she just learned to keep quiet???) I do not personally care for TN - but....

I would like to know is CS was invited. She should have been. If she was invited - she should have gone. Again, all JMO.

And, while I submit my thoughts as respectfully as possible, I do understand that my views are not popular with many.

It would be my hope that my perspective is as welcome here as anyone else's. If it isn't, a mod can let me know and I will promptly remove myself.

I do respect your opinion, but respectfully disagree.

There have been many times, when it was expected that NG would back away from Ron...but she didn't. Like after the drug bust, she had TN on saying that Ron was crying for Haleigh & NG was near tears, when she said that Ron was the only one thinking about Haleigh. I saw it again when she made the point to stress that Hope was Misty's friend & they were tight, but failed to stress that Hope & Ron were close cousins. I don't balme NG, because I think she's getting inside information, but there's more to this case than the black & white twist they put on it. Anyway, I think she will cover this story again, but unless Ron is charged with murder, I doubt we'll see a change in that show's stance. Also, I think they know very well, what people think of Ron. I wrote a letter to their site, & it was never posted! & it wasn't a hate filled letter...just said that people needed to keep open minds, & that IMO, he was a druggie & was capable of violence. I guess it didn't fit in with the posters who were rallying for his release & dropped charges.

There have been many times, when it was expected that NG would back away from Ron...but she didn't. Like after the drug bust, she had TN on saying that Ron was crying for Haleigh & NG was near tears, when she said that Ron was the only one thinking about Haleigh. I saw it again when she made the point to stress that Hope was Misty's friend & they were tight, but failed to stress that Hope & Ron were close cousins. I don't balme NG, because I think she's getting inside information, but there's more to this case than the black & white twist they put on it. Anyway, I think she will cover this story again, but unless Ron is charged with murder, I doubt we'll see a change in that show's stance. Also, I think they know very well, what people think of Ron. I wrote a letter to their site, & it was never posted! & it wasn't a hate filled letter...just said that people needed to keep open minds, & that IMO, he was a druggie & was capable of violence. I guess it didn't fit in with the posters who were rallying for his release & dropped charges.

BBM..Now that I do not remember..Last time I recall TN appearing on NG is when all that mess with Tommy came out about him being at the MH that night, and Misty and the kids not being there...
Last time I recall Ron appearing on her show was when she told Ron C she thought he was lying and NG told him she didn't know WHY but she would find out WHY...But I do realize I could be completely wrong in what I remember especially since I have slept since then...JMHO

BBM..Now that I do not remember..Last time I recall TN appearing on NG is when all that mess with Tommy came out about him being at the MH that night, and Misty and the kids not being there...
Last time I recall Ron appearing on her show was when she told Ron C she thought he was lying and NG told him she didn't know WHY but she would find out WHY...But I do realize I could be completely wrong in what I remember especially since I have slept since then...JMHO
I could've been dreaming, but I remember being mad...unless I dreamed that too, lol.

Well said. I have a very similar story and fully appreciate what you are saying. The words "better parent" don't even need to come out of Ron's mouth.

I'm living this right now concerning my grandchild! Her father is a con mand and knows how to con and manipulate the judicial system. The better parent does NOT always get custody.

I'm living this right now concerning my grandchild! Her father is a con mand and knows how to con and manipulate the judicial system. The better parent does NOT always get custody.
I've learned that knowing how to work the system, is the name of the game. & lying. because the lies go unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon